What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:45 am

john@staustell wrote:Give the moronic twerp that is Seluk a break. I'd be a bit tetchy if my golden goose was going to stop laying eggs in the next 12 months.

Does he have any other players?

No one of note.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:46 am

Well repeat statements from Hart & Pellegrini that Pep has nothing to apologise to them for would be a start, then someone pointing out Seluk has nothing to do with these players and is liable for legal action for his claims, then some of Pep's mates from Barcelona giving the Russian slug a bit of a salting would help.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:47 am

I think Pep has played a blinder here. God bless him.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:51 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Give the moronic twerp that is Seluk a break. I'd be a bit tetchy if my golden goose was going to stop laying eggs in the next 12 months.

Does he have any other players?

No one of note.

No wonder, the man has clearly always been unstable.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:I think Pep has played a blinder here. God bless him.

Pep's given the greasy cunt just enough rope to hang himself with. Seluk is a one trick pony that only knows how to do business in soundbites and he's just been schooled by the master.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:55 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Also I read somewhere that any player is contractually required to be in the matchday squad for at least 10% of games for which he is available. If both these things are true it will all become very complicated before long.

How many games will he be available for, though, before January? He's out of the CL squad, so these games shouldn't apply. So it's the 2 CL qualifiers, around 21 Prem games, and 3 LC games. That's a total of 26 games that he *could* be available for, meaning he must be named on the bench for 3. If he's out for 6 (as he was on Saturday), then it's only 2 games. He's already featured in 1, so we might just put him as an unused sub for 1 or 2 more games come December if things aren't shaping up too well.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:00 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Also I read somewhere that any player is contractually required to be in the matchday squad for at least 10% of games for which he is available. If both these things are true it will all become very complicated before long.

How many games will he be available for, though, before January? He's out of the CL squad, so these games shouldn't apply. So it's the 2 CL qualifiers, around 21 Prem games, and 3 LC games. That's a total of 26 games that he *could* be available for, meaning he must be named on the bench for 3. If he's out for 6 (as he was on Saturday), then it's only 2 games. He's already featured in 1, so we might just put him as an unused sub for 1 or 2 more games come December if things aren't shaping up too well.

It's irrelevant anyway, the FIFA ruling that JC is referring to states a player can terminate his contract with the club through "sporting just cause" if they don't play in 10% of the games. That would suit City.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:09 pm

We'd have to wait for 90-91 percent of our matches to have been played for it to happen though - and considering he's in his last year of contract and very unlikely to want to lose out financially he will probably be here until the end of the season.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PrezIke » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:42 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Sad. What can one really say?

I really wish this was not the way Yaya would go out, yet I have also wondered like PP about Yaya's mental health since his brother died as a trigger. I have speculated that his "big ego" could either be a mask for insecurity or an example of conflict he could have with some deep sense of being slighted by the media he developed in his mind, particularly as a black African footballer with tremendous talent and success compared to other top midfielders of his generation some who weren't even as successful as he, arguably.

It could be this sense of being slighted grew during his best years and could have led him to develop of a "me vs. everyone else" mentality. This could then justify his silence as his agent went on and on. I heard on the CityWatch podcast today that his agent developed a close relationship with Yaya because of how loyal Yaya felt he was to him when he played in Ukraine. This was as he likely felt isolated as a black man in a nation known for hurling racist chants at black players.

This is not an excuse, as I've not enjoyed all of his agent's rants but could explain things a little.

Pep is right, but the timing of his statement is a bit interesting, even if he was asked by a reporter. Why today did he reveal this?

The Pep love fest has been on but it doesn't take a rocket science to figure out that the comments about the fans booing the CL anthem and filling the seats didn't go over too well with many local fans who attend the games, in particular. I hate to sound cynical, but the win against Bournemouth/post-match comments slighting Mourinho + this is a one seem like a 1-2 punch to get the fans entirely on his side again.

The master politician Pep in full effect. Well played...

P.S. Pep's a G!

Well look at you.
You're like s cross between Sigmund Freud and Inspector Clouseau.

Could be Pep just being consistent.
He's told the fans, he's told the players, get over the past. What can you do for the club now.
Player and agent are being told in no uncertain terms......
Not on my watch pal.

if you can believe it. My actual profession is not so far off from a combination of those two jobs ;)

I agree that Pep's being consistent and am in support of his decision and courage 100%.

He has the juice to do this and all he has done that Pellegrini could never get away with due to his reputation. Hence why I also don't want to slag Pellegrini off too much because he entire team must of known he was a lame duck placeholder so he had to bite his tounge.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:48 pm

Our owners could, in theory, have a quiet word with Putin.

They could ask him to contact some of the former NKVD operatives, still secretly plying their wares somewhere in Russia and get them to pop over to pay Seluk a visit.

Job sorted.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:45 pm

that's alright then
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dazby » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:26 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:It's really really really rare, but the fat cunt in the West Indies was right.

We should have sold after his mega season.

I'm sure that Bastid told him. Or one of his minions.

Caribbean spazby,it's the Caribbean - look at a map , Dominican Republic Punta Cana - now let that sink in so you don't get confused as to where I fucking live on this planet of ours.

Now then , of course I was fucking right , and there's a few on here that shared the same thought process.

The Middle Indies then.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:35 am

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:It's really really really rare, but the fat cunt in the West Indies was right.

Caribbean spazby,it's the Caribbean - look at a map , Dominican Republic Punta Cana - now let that sink in so you don't get confused as to where I fucking live on this planet of ours.

Now then , of course I was fucking right , and there's a few on here that shared the same thought process.

The Middle Indies then.

Greater Antilles.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:55 am

You can always rely on ex MUTV's star slug Jamie Jackson for the best smears, lies and biased negative reporting

Yaya Touré stung to learn of Pep Guardiola’s cold shoulder via media
• Midfielder was not informed personally that he was frozen out of squad
• Touré disappointed at his treatment by Manchester City manager

Yaya Touré did not know he had been frozen out by Pep Guardiola until the Manchester City manager revealed it publicly on Tuesday.

Before Wednesday night’s EFL Cup trip to Swansea City Guardiola said Touré would never play again for the club unless his agent, Dimitri Seluk, offered an apology.

The Ivorian was bemused to find out via the media rather than be informed personally by Guardiola of his changed status. Despite having featured only once this term – in August’s Champions League play-off second-leg against Steaua Bucharest (when City were already 5-0 up from the first leg) – Touré had been training conscientiously and was determined to force his way back into the Catalan’s first-team plans. The 33-year-old is understood to have caused no friction at the club despite his lack of playing time and Guardiola has stated more than once that Touré has been no problem.

Yaya Touré free to leave Manchester City for any Premier League club

On Tuesday the manager called him a “good guy” but was clear Seluk has to say sorry to the club, the other players, and Guardiola for claiming the 45-year-old disrespected Touré when leaving him out of the 25-man Champions League squad.

This took Touré by surprise and the player is disappointed at how he has been treated by Guardiola given his professional attitude, believing he should not be penalised for the actions of Seluk. As he was caught unaware by the manager’s announcement Touré has given no thought to his future and if he might now leave in the January transfer window.

Touré is free to join any Premier League club then, with City prepared to allow the midfielder to leave for a direct rival. The hierarchy would countenance the Ivorian moving to another domestic team even if they are challenging City for the title.

The view at the Etihad Stadium is that at 33, Touré’s best days are behind him and so if the midfielder were to attract interest he would be unlikely to damage City’s chances of success.

There is an outside prospect he could play for City again and see out a contract worth £220,000-a-week that finishes next June. This means he can sign a pre-contract agreement from January to join a new club in the summer. Internazionale were intent on signing him last summer but Touré decided against the move despite the prospect of playing again under Roberto Mancini, who has since left the Italian club. The midfielder also rejected the chance last summer to join two Chinese sides, Shanghai SIPG and Jiangsu Suning, in deals that would have been worth around £30m to him.

As Touré also retired from international football with the Ivory Coast on Tuesday there is the prospect of him playing no football at all until next season unless he does depart City in January.

Even if Seluk were to apologise it appears unlikely Touré will become a regular in the first-team again, so his career at the club may be materially over whatever occurs in the future.

Since Touré to joined City from Barcelona in the summer of 2010 the Ivorian has been an integral part of the club’s recent success. In 2011 he scored the winners in the semi-final and final of the FA Cup to secure City a first major trophy since 1976. Touré was also the driving forced in each of the Premier League title triumphs in 2012 and 2014, while also being part of the League Cup-winning sides in 2016 and two years before.

During his six years at City Toure has been voted the African Footballer of the Year four times, and led Ivory Coast to the Africa Cup of Nations in February 2015.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ester-city
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:52 am

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The Middle Indies then.

Bermuda Triangle ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:33 pm

johnny crossan wrote:You can always rely on ex MUTV's star slug Jamie Jackson for the best smears, lies and biased negative reporting

What's the issue, that's how the fat slug let the rest of the world know about Yaya.

And who the fuck is this jizzum Jackson bloke, heard he is a Rag in non-disguise.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bigblue » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:And who the fuck is this jizzum Jackson bloke, heard he is a Rag in non-disguise.

He's the guy who picked this as the best 11 from us and the rags before the derby:

..............................................De Gea..............................................

Valencia....................Stones.....................Kolarov...................Shaw

...............................................Pogba..............................................

................................................Silva................................................

..............De Bruyne................Rooney.....................Rashford...........

...........................................Ibrahimovic..........................................

Manager - Jose Mourinho

incredible
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:You can always rely on ex MUTV's star slug Jamie Jackson for the best smears, lies and biased negative reporting

What's the issue, that's how the fat slug let the rest of the world know about Yaya.

And who the fuck is this jizzum Jackson bloke, heard he is a Rag in non-disguise.

And yet he uses the media to let us know how stung he is. Just as he's been using the media during his entire stay with us. I hope he does fuck off in January club legend or not, because I and sick of this already and don't want it drawn out the whole season.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:32 pm

Yaya is supposed to have been caught unawares by Pep's announcement and has given no thought to the future.

Not true. He's just stated that he's retired from international football, so if that's not thinking about your future, what is ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby bigblue » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:07 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Yaya is supposed to have been caught unawares by Pep's announcement and has given no thought to the future.

Not true. He's just stated that he's retired from international football, so if that's not thinking about your future, what is ??

His retirement is more a signal that he's not going to play in the African Cup, aka come and buy me in january. So until Yaya publicly says anything himself, I think it's safe to assume the worst about his intentions
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum