What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby gaudy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:07 pm

but he came from barcelona dont you know so he must be excellent!

we got done here,simple as
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:12 pm

gaudy wrote:but he came from barcelona dont you know so he must be excellent!

We did not get done he's had some great games for us but simply he's playing in the wrong position.

Were you not slightly surprised that Mancini started utilizing him as an advanced midfield player?

I know i was
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Green & Blue wrote:

We did not get done he's had some great games for us but simply he's playing in the wrong position.

Were you not slightly surprised that Mancini started utilizing him as an advanced midfield player?

I know i was

I was but I recon it's simply because Bob quickly realised that, like Kolarov, he hasn't got the legs to do the job he was signed to do. The Italian & Spanish leagues are much easier to play in. He looked like a powerhouse mid distance runner at Barca, because he hardly ever had to sprint. I want to see if he's different next season after a full pre season training routine. If he's not, then he's a squad player imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby gaudy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Green & Blue wrote:

I know i was

no,im sorry i dont buy into this shit about him being played out of position either
that doesnt change the fact that he's useless.
yes it effects a player but that doesnt change the fact that he's 6ft 3" and cant win a header,misplaces simple passes,pulls out of 50/50 challenges and loses the ball everytime he tries one of his pointless runs!
gaudy

Postby Londonblue1 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:36 pm

yaya came from barca with the skills for playing in a team that always makes options for a player with the ball,city do not play that way so he more than often ends up running into a cul de sac or passing backwards and I think with time yaya,silva,aj and tevez will get used to playing together if we ever play with that many attacking options.
Londonblue1
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Joe hart

Postby gaudy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Londonblue1 wrote:yaya came from barca with the skills for playing in a team that always makes options for a player with the ball,city do not play that way so he more than often ends up running into a cul de sac or passing backwards and I think with time yaya,silva,aj and tevez will get used to playing together if we ever play with that many attacking options.

i wouldnt hold your breath mate!
gaudy

Postby Londonblue1 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:51 pm

gaudy wrote:
Londonblue1 wrote:yaya came from barca with the skills for playing in a team that always makes options for a player with the ball,city do not play that way so he more than often ends up running into a cul de sac or passing backwards and I think with time yaya,silva,aj and tevez will get used to playing together if we ever play with that many attacking options.

i wouldnt hold your breath mate!

I won't but if Mancini wants city to challenge the teams above us we have to start playing them
Londonblue1

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Joe hart

Postby ant london » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:29 am

Rag_hater wrote:
Are you still upset I called you a hippy?:)
I didn't know that the criteria on here was that you had to have played sport in the real world before you could comment.(does the school team count?)
Utterly clueless?I know what I see and if my interpretation is different to yours does that make me clueless?Well I should have realised if a clued up banker like yourself or the other experts on here tell me something it has to be right and unquestionable.I'll be more compliant to anything you say in future but I'm sure a tolerant guy like you seem to be(only going of what you said in the Mario thread)able to understand my foibles.
For me today I saw Yaya closing down Essin a few time and some other Chelski players.He didn't get any tackles in but he run around most of the time he was on the pitch from what I saw of him.
All this stuff about him standing around huffing and puffing is rubbish.

First off. No. It was the type of reply I would fully expect from you, lacking in insight and basic intelligence and added little.

The point re your analysis is just that it smacks of someone who has watched an awful lot of sport but played very little as it is precisely the type of play (or lack thereof) that statistics do not show that you are (seemingly) fundamentally incapable of seeing and analysing.

You might not be utterly clueless but you're well on your way there
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:34 am

ant london wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
I didn't know that the criteria on here was that you had to have played sport in the real world before you could comment.(does the school team count?)
Utterly clueless?I know what I see and if my interpretation is different to yours does that make me clueless?Well I should have realised if a clued up banker like yourself or the other experts on here tell me something it has to be right and unquestionable.I'll be more compliant to anything you say in future but I'm sure a tolerant guy like you seem to be(only going of what you said in the Mario thread)able to understand my foibles.
For me today I saw Yaya closing down Essin a few time and some other Chelski players.He didn't get any tackles in but he run around most of the time he was on the pitch from what I saw of him.

First off. No. It was the type of reply I would fully expect from you, lacking in insight and basic intelligence and added little.

The point re your analysis is just that it smacks of someone who has watched an awful lot of sport but played very little as it is precisely the type of play (or lack thereof) that statistics do not show that you are (seemingly) fundamentally incapable of seeing and analysing.

yr seriously trying to debate with the rag hater?

wobble yr head you fat douche.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Chinners » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:23 am

I'll be honest, Yaya has probably 'impressed' me for all of 10 minutes in playing time since joining us. Don't rate him that highly at all (considering his weekly salary) on what I've seen this season.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:30 am

ant london wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Ok Mr super intelligent (I assume your IQ is of the scale)as I'm so clueless can you point out to me please (cos I'm to clueless)where I have used stats to analyse incidents I am not trying to illustrate.
I wonder why it is though that when the facts(stats) are brought up to validate an argument a reason for those facts being questioned is needed.Is it to argue a point that has no truth to back it up.Its just opinion.Therefore anybody who justifies their argument with stats is clueless.I see.
Today, all Premier League clubs have cameras to track match data and roughly 95 percent of Championship clubs do as well. At Manchester City, Fleig has a team of seven analysts with him working with the first team all the way through to the u-9 boy’s squad. Without Fleig and Allardyce, Bolton also continues to develop their data modeling and other top of the table clubs like Liverpool and Arsenal are catching up behind the leadership of analytical minds like John Henry and Arsene Wenger.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby aaron bond » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
ant london wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Ok Mr super intelligent (I assume your IQ is of the scale)as I'm so clueless can you point out to me please (cos I'm to clueless)where I have used stats to analyse incidents I am not trying to illustrate.
I wonder why it is though that when the facts(stats) are brought up to validate an argument a reason for those facts being questioned is needed.Is it to argue a point that has no truth to back it up.Its just opinion.Therefore anybody who justifies their argument with stats is clueless.I see.
Today, all Premier League clubs have cameras to track match data and roughly 95 percent of Championship clubs do as well. At Manchester City, Fleig has a team of seven analysts with him working with the first team all the way through to the u-9 boy’s squad. Without Fleig and Allardyce, Bolton also continues to develop their data modeling and other top of the table clubs like Liverpool and Arsenal are catching up behind the leadership of analytical minds like John Henry and Arsene Wenger.

No one is saying stats aren't useful, but you put your points across like they're the only thing that's important. Whether you mean that or not is another thing, but that's how it appears.

Ok...so Yaya may have made 28 passes or whatever, but if they're all to a player 5 yards behind him, then who cares? Can you provide a stat for each time he backed out of a 50/50 challenge? Or when he slowly jogs/walks back when the other team are on the attack.

All people are trying to say is that you can't just take some stats and use only them as the reason for your argument. Anyone can use stats and be selective with them to support their points. There's just a bit more to consider, that's all.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby bigblue » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:34 pm

I actually thought Yaya had a good game considering the role he was supposed to play. Sure he had a few stray passes, but he had some good dribbling and kept possession well. Maybe I was watching a different game than most other people here.

I think the middle 3 should be de jong - yaya, with milner in front. Don't know why Mancini keeps pushing Milner wide and back, and Yaya forward. Keep them where they are used to playing.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby s1ty m » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:50 pm

The ball comes to him and he passes it straight back, backwards. It's bollocks and he is another bad buy.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:51 pm

aaron bond wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
ant london wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

No one is saying stats aren't useful, but you put your points across like they're the only thing that's important. Whether you mean that or not is another thing, but that's how it appears.

Ok...so Yaya may have made 28 passes or whatever, but if they're all to a player 5 yards behind him, then who cares? Can you provide a stat for each time he backed out of a 50/50 challenge? Or when he slowly jogs/walks back when the other team are on the attack.

All people are trying to say is that you can't just take some stats and use only them as the reason for your argument. Anyone can use stats and be selective with them to support their points. There's just a bit more to consider, that's all.

When Terry(quite a tough guy) was rolling around on the floor having to have treatment I think that would have been a good time to ask him if he thinks Yaya backed out of a challenge.I think him hurting Terry suggests that Yaya went for the ball with the thought he might get hurt.And if he had done many more like that don't you think he would have got booked or even sent of.The ref warned him that was his last chance.
He passed sideways?That's his job.Along with passing a few forward his job is to keep the ball.NDJ passes the ball mainly sideways and gets lauded for it.Our creative player David plays it sideways plenty of times aswell so that critisim seems a bit unwarrented
IMO.
He jog/walks back when the other team are on the attack.Were the goals Chelski scored because of Yaya?
He walks around midfield.Which player doesn't when the ball is other side of pitch.For me he is staying in position but if you consider that as being lazy then that is not what I think.
Rag_hater

Postby Ruthless » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:31 pm

WASTIN UR TIME MATE! i had the same arguement with him last week think he's yaya's gay lover or mancini himsef
YOUR MOUTHS WRITING CHEQUES YOUR BODY CANT CASH
Ruthless

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby aaron bond » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:37 am

Rag_hater wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
ant london wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

When Terry(quite a tough guy) was rolling around on the floor having to have treatment I think that would have been a good time to ask him if he thinks Yaya backed out of a challenge.I think him hurting Terry suggests that Yaya went for the ball with the thought he might get hurt.And if he had done many more like that don't you think he would have got booked or even sent of.The ref warned him that was his last chance.
He passed sideways?That's his job.Along with passing a few forward his job is to keep the ball.NDJ passes the ball mainly sideways and gets lauded for it.Our creative player David plays it sideways plenty of times aswell so that critisim seems a bit unwarrented
IMO.
He jog/walks back when the other team are on the attack.Were the goals Chelski scored because of Yaya?
He walks around midfield.Which player doesn't when the ball is other side of pitch.For me he is staying in position but if you consider that as being lazy then that is not what I think.

Woah...you clearly are a big Yaya fan.

It's a shame you're not in charge of the team. I'd love to see the type of football you would produce if you believe our most forward/attacking centre midfielder's job is to pass the ball sideways and keep the ball.

I'm sure you'll dig out a stat somewhere though to support that ;-)
aaron bond

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:33 am

Woah...you clearly are a big Yaya fan.

It's a shame you're not in charge of the team. I'd love to see the type of football you would produce if you believe our most forward/attacking centre midfielder's job is to pass the ball sideways and keep the ball.

I'm sure you'll dig out a stat somewhere though to support that ;-)[/quote]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So rather than pointing out any errors I may have made in my assesment you would rather try and deflect the argument.
Did I not answer your points with adequate examples?
Your right I am a big Yaya fan.
Do you want a stat for when David,NDJ,Milner and Barry passed backwards?
I'll give you a little example anyway,
David passed backwards 4,5,6,28 and 90 mins and a few more,
NDJ 5,11,22 just as a sample
Milner 6,19,34 as a taster
and Gareth 5,17,64 to be going on with.
So tell me why is Yaya being singled out for critisim when he has put in a performance equal to the rest of the team.
All this rubbbish about him being unfit is makebelieve.He may look to be blowing but thats is nothing to do with his fitness levels.
He goot a 6 out of 10 by most independant assesors.About the same as half our team and better a few and better than half the Chelski team.
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:04 pm

I don't think stats tell the whole story...
Original Dub

Postby aaron bond » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Rag_hater wrote:Woah...you clearly are a big Yaya fan.

I'm sure you'll dig out a stat somewhere though to support that ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So rather than pointing out any errors I may have made in my assesment you would rather try and deflect the argument.
Did I not answer your points with adequate examples?
Your right I am a big Yaya fan.
Do you want a stat for when David,NDJ,Milner and Barry passed backwards?
I'll give you a little example anyway,
David passed backwards 4,5,6,28 and 90 mins and a few more,
NDJ 5,11,22 just as a sample
Milner 6,19,34 as a taster
and Gareth 5,17,64 to be going on with.
So tell me why is Yaya being singled out for critisim when he has put in a performance equal to the rest of the team.
All this rubbbish about him being unfit is makebelieve.He may look to be blowing but thats is nothing to do with his fitness levels.
He goot a 6 out of 10 by most independant assesors.About the same as half our team and better a few and better than half the Chelski team.[/quote]

Ah...you're onto player ratings now by 'independent assessors'. You definitely win this argument then.

I've been told.
aaron bond

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum