What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Yaya Toure's agent has told Tuttomercatoweb there is "no problem" with Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola and that the midfielder will see out his contract with the Premier League leaders.

Toure, 33, has made just one appearance for City this season, in the Champions League qualification playoff second leg against Steaua Bucharest, and Guardiola has since said the Ivorian will not play for the club until his agent, Dimitri Seluk, apologises after saying the coach was "humiliating a great player."

Seluk has so far proved unrepentant, refusing to apologise and later saying Guardiola treats players "like dogs," but he has now said: "There's no problem with Pep.

"Yaya will stay at City in January. He has a contract until the end of the season, and we'll see after that what the best option for his career will be."

Toure has won two Premier League titles and an FA Cup since joining City in 2010 after leaving Barcelona, where he was deemed surplus to requirements by Guardiola.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2967319/manc ... ract-agent
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:41 pm

If he says he will stay till the end of the season that likely means he will leave in January based on his past comments. Couldn't really give a monkey's as his days as a City player and legend are behind us.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:47 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:Yaya Toure's agent has told Tuttomercatoweb there is "no problem" with Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola and that the midfielder will see out his contract with the Premier League leaders.

Toure, 33, has made just one appearance for City this season, in the Champions League qualification playoff second leg against Steaua Bucharest, and Guardiola has since said the Ivorian will not play for the club until his agent, Dimitri Seluk, apologises after saying the coach was "humiliating a great player."

Seluk has so far proved unrepentant, refusing to apologise and later saying Guardiola treats players "like dogs," but he has now said: "There's no problem with Pep.

"Yaya will stay at City in January. He has a contract until the end of the season, and we'll see after that what the best option for his career will be."

Toure has won two Premier League titles and an FA Cup since joining City in 2010 after leaving Barcelona, where he was deemed surplus to requirements by Guardiola.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2967319/manc ... ract-agent

Looking at those latest quotes (and assuming they are actually Seluk's words) it seems like Yaya might have finally told him to watch what he's saying. They seem very measured words for a hot-head.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:04 pm

A few more quotes from that interview here. The last one tickled me

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/10/05/dim ... as-future/

During the summer, there was much talk about Yaya joining Inter. Why did the deal not materialize?

Seluk: “The issue was Manchester City, who demanded a lot of money to let him go.”
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:00 am

Fancy that. A club asking a lot of money for a "great player".
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:16 am

Guess he has a loose interpretation of what a "problem" is.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:48 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:A few more quotes from that interview here. The last one tickled me

During the summer, there was much talk about Yaya joining Inter. Why did the deal not materialize?

Seluk: “The issue was Manchester City, who demanded a lot of money to let him go.”

Nice play on words you toad. What you probably should have said is 'City refused to pay out his wages and loyalty bonus so it was better for me to pick up his wages for a year than actually play football'.

That's gotta be why he spat his dummy out and shed his tears to the journo's.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:54 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:A few more quotes from that interview here. The last one tickled me

Nice play on words you toad. What you probably should have said is 'City refused to pay out his wages and loyalty bonus so it was better for me to pick up his wages for a year than actually play football'.

That's gotta be why he spat his dummy out and shed his tears to the journo's.

My thoughts exactly. I recall reading a report during the summer that suggested the club was willing to let Yaya leave for nothing. This sounds to me like all parties couldn't come to agreement on a severance because Seluk/Yaya is a greedy twat.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:25 am

he's a mercenary....
anyone that denies that needs to give their head a wobble
can't wait to see him leave the club
#poison
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:58 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:he's a mercenary....
anyone that denies that needs to give their head a wobble
can't wait to see him leave the club
#poison

Watch on youtube.com

old soldiers never die, they just fade away
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:30 am

Statement from Yaya:

"I wish to apologise - on behalf of myself and those who represent me - to the management team and all those working at the club for the misunderstandings from the past.

"Those statements do not represent my views on the club or the people who work there.

"I have nothing but respect for Manchester City and only wish the best for the football club.

"I am immensely proud to have played a part in the club's history and want to help City succeed further. I live to play football and entertain the fans.

"On that note, I would like to thank all of the fans for their messages through this difficult period. This means a great deal to me and my family."
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:33 am

Quotes from Seluk in the M****r via Goal.com:

http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... te-to-mend?

Spot the missing word
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby aaron bond » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:20 am

Nominated for 2016 African Player of the Year.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Justified logic » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:48 am

aaron bond wrote:Nominated for 2016 African Player of the Year.

Yeah, couldn't believe it when I saw that. BBC APotY. I voted for Mahrez, although Aubunspellable would have been equally worthy. Toure? No, not for 2016.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:03 pm

He's not really here...
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:50 pm

I only saw it on match of the day. Besides the goals, what was yaya like off the ball? was he strolling around?
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Nick » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:27 pm

glad to see him get us the goals and the players seemed pleased for him

but if im honest before the goal I was slagging him off for doing fck all. He was still as 'mobile' as hes been over the last 18 months.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby dazby » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:54 pm

It was a masterclass from him. He ran the show, stretching the field with a stream of accurate passes. The give and go for the goal was so simple. I got very nostalgic watching his performance.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:58 pm

Nick wrote:glad to see him get us the goals and the players seemed pleased for him

but if im honest before the goal I was slagging him off for doing fck all. He was still as 'mobile' as hes been over the last 18 months.

Correct - prior to the goals all his balls went sideways...that's not what we want from a midfielder....its to make those telling passes to the guys in front , something that never materialized.......in fact we had fuckall going forward.

He was ok in midfield and Im not slagging him off........ BUT.......it was the same old same old till we got some luck from a corner and a one two with Aguero.

Gundogan is miles better and more suited to the way we play but YAYA can be a bit part player till we sell him.

cue ..on reading this ,PICS head butts the four walls in his bedroom.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:10 pm

It seemed to me it was an ideal game to play Yaya. Pep had probably decided that the high energy pressing game wasn't right for the team for this game as he said so many of them were very tired. 2 weren't even in the squad for that reason. hence a slightly different approach and one that Yaya can live with because of the quality he has.

It worked but I still don't really expect to see Yaya as a regular feature if we are going to play a high energy game
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum