What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby King Kev » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Because I can see no reason at all why he continues to get picked or how he manages to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes whilst contributing fuck all to the team.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:28 pm

just looked up lumbering in the dictionary and the definition was toure, yaya.

midfield needs addressing in the summer...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:29 pm

It seemed today that he was asked to played the second striker role and was often the closest to Dzeko. He is being played out of position and thus suffering. I thought he put more effort into the game than Silva and Dzeko today but he could only last 50mins before he was spent.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:30 pm

He gets the ball and runs with it for about thirty yards then loses it. This happens approximately three times each game. He does nothing for the other 88 minutes except pretend he's tired, injured or both.

I'd love to bring the cunt here and show him how the real world is.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:33 pm

King Kev wrote:Because I can see no reason at all why he continues to get picked or how he manages to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes whilst contributing fuck all to the team.

Like I have said before he is Mancini,s player and paid a kings ransom , if he gets dropped it is an admission of his failure.

Not suited to the Prem and unless he loses about three stone he never will.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:He gets the ball and runs with it for about thirty yards then loses it. This happens three times each game. He does nothing for the other 88 minutes except pretend he's tired, injured or both.

And for this he gets a six figure sum on a weekly basis.

I'd love to bring the cunt here and show him how the real world is.

Goes for most players at city.
All us fans want to see is commitment.
That's it, if there not good enough yet there fully committed.
Most fans are happy, we do not give two fucks on how much tey earn.
But there commitment to the cause is very questionable this season in alot of game.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:36 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:It seemed today that he was asked to played the second striker role and was often the closest to Dzeko. He is being played out of position and thus suffering. I thought he put more effort into the game than Silva and Dzeko today but he could only last 50mins before he was spent.

He's not being played to his strengths. Its that simple. The guy is a quality all round midfielder in the Vieira mould. He's not a second striker that's for sure.

Honestly, there are too many perfectly good players that look poor for this to be purely down to bad purchases IMO. I think we have the players in place to have a great team, but too many of them are not being used the way they should be and it causes massive inbalance.

Its really sad that we've spent this much money to have such a slow, dull team. I honestly don't think the Sheikh will allow it to continue like this, because we're getting a reputation for being dreadful to watch and its not unwarranted.
Original Dub

Postby BadKompany » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Just like the invisible man........

He's a spineless,lazy twat who's more of a liability than he is an assett.

Players just waltz past him while he waddles around the pitch making no effort to break down or influence play,apparently the two lung busting runs he does make up for the other 88 mins of nothingness.
Never wear socks that are funnier than you.
BadKompany
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: The Business

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:40 pm

Tbf, it's Bob's fault Toure is currently so shite. If there's one player the label 'tired' applies to it's him, yet he won't rest him. He started like a house on fire today the after about 20 mins he was fucking shattered & staggering around like he'd had ten pints of Guinness & a curry.

He's not exactly brilliant when he's fully fit but he's a fucking sight better than he's showing right now. I can't comprehend how Bob can go on & on about tiredness then make him play every game. It cost us badly v Kiev, 1st leg. Sometimes Bob gives the impression he's got no idea what he's doing. With him & Kolarov, we're almost playing with 9 men. It's madness.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:It seemed today that he was asked to played the second striker role and was often the closest to Dzeko. He is being played out of position and thus suffering. I thought he put more effort into the game than Silva and Dzeko today but he could only last 50mins before he was spent.

He's not being played to his strengths. Its that simple. The guy is a quality all round midfielder in the Vieira mould. He's not a second striker that's for sure.

Honestly, there are too many perfectly good players that look poor for this to be purely down to bad purchases IMO. I think we have the players in place to have a great team, but too many of them are not being used the way they should be and it causes massive inbalance.

Its really sad that we've spent this much money to have such a slow, dull team. I honestly don't think the Sheikh will allow it to continue like this, because we're getting a reputation for being dreadful to watch and its not unwarranted.

Totally agree.
And the attendances will soon show this as it's very drab and boring to watch.
We need Guss Hidink as manager.
He will sort these 'personalities' out.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:42 pm

he does very little of any use to a team in the premier league. Never mind, we'll be able to sell him back to Spain for about £5m in summer. I'm sure there will be loads of teams willing to pay him £100k a week, net.

When the find those mugs, will they also take kolarov, boateng, dzeko, barry, milner and balotelli?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BadKompany » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Original Dub wrote:

How the fvck does he resemble Vieira?

He has no stamina,no bottle,cant defend,gets beat in the air and doesn't inspire his teammates - oh yeah,Vieira mark 2......

There are a dozen prem midfielders i would take before that clown
Never wear socks that are funnier than you.
BadKompany

My favourite player is: The Business

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Totally agree mate
Failure is not a word our owner contemplates.
Millions are currently being invested in our future , only one more setback will be allowed.
Mancini will be gone on the 1st June if we are not in the Champions League
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:49 pm

He had the one shot we had on goal today and made 28 passes and failed with 8.That was less misses than David and the hardworking Milner who missed 11.The 2 midfielders who passed better than him NDJ and Barry didn't get us anywhere near shooting.
He was far from our worst player today.
I think cos he gets paid a lot people like to make him a target.
Rag_hater

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Rag_hater wrote:He had the one shot we had on goal today and made 28 passes and failed with 8.That was less misses than David and the hardworking Milner who missed 11.The 2 midfielders who passed better than him NDJ and Barry didn't get us anywhere near shooting.

You're doing the stats thing again & this is one of those occasions where it doesn't mean anything. I don't want to make him a target, I wanted to sign him.

He was fucking abysmal today & was constantly letting people run past him when just a slight effort would have made them turn away. Others had to stop them because he couldn't as he's either not fit enough or too lazy. He was fucking shite. And don't bother reading out stats that he ran 55 miles because that doesn't matter either; there are 80 year old blokes who run marathions; at their own pace, like Yaya.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby guv111 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:57 pm

The sad thing is, he has flashes of brilliance quite often. Unfortunately, it's usually quite early in the game and it's often the last thing he does.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:59 pm

BadKompany wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

How the fvck does he resemble Vieira?

He has no stamina,no bottle,cant defend,gets beat in the air and doesn't inspire his teammates - oh yeah,Vieira mark 2......

There are a dozen prem midfielders i would take before that clown

Hold on a second there mate. Surely you have seen this before?

When a team have so many highly rated players that look out of sorts, it COULD have to do with how the manager is using them and the pholosophy being instilled.

Do you remember Spurs under Ramos? do you remember the amount of players that came highly rated but looked absolute garbage? Do you remember that Gareth Bale was the on going joke in that he was there over a year before he was actually in a side that won?

Yaya Toure is a class player but he doesn't look it now. That much I definitely agree with. But Pep Guardiola was very sad to see him go and said we had just signed a fantastic player. I've watched him loads of times and he looked absolutely class - just like he has done for us on several occasions, but I honestly don't think our manager understands this league and the importance of balancing power with pace. There is a massive imbalance in this city side and quite a few players are suffering because of it.
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:He had the one shot we had on goal today and made 28 passes and failed with 8.That was less misses than David and the hardworking Milner who missed 11.The 2 midfielders who passed better than him NDJ and Barry didn't get us anywhere near shooting.

You're doing the stats thing again & this is one of those occasions where it doesn't mean anything. I don't want to make him a target, I wanted to sign him.

He was fucking abysmal today & was constantly letting people run past him when just a slight effort would have made them turn away. Others had to stop them because he couldn't as he's either not fit enough or too lazy. He was fucking shite. And don't bother reading out stats that he ran 55 miles because that doesn't matter either; there are 80 year old blokes who run marathions; at their own pace, like Yaya.

Fair enough if you don't want to hear the truth.
If your telling me that he was the worst out there today we will have to differ in opinion cos I don't think he was.
And yes I'm doing that stats thing again no doubt if they proved anything you swanted to say I think you might use them,be foolish not to.
I know what I saw and I didn't see the scapegoat some on here are blaming.I saw a player named Yaya doing what he was sent out to do.
Rag_hater

Postby Ruthless » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:06 pm

As i said after the kiev game he is a waste of time, milner should be playin there, was outstanding last season for villa in that role, yet ppl still back yaya are they watchin the same guy? he has the turning circle of a bus n i've seen tortoises quicker over 5 yards, his passing is shite his fitness is shite everytime he's in a tackle he's injured n cant jump for a header higher than 3 inches a fuckin joke we're playing with ten men
YOUR MOUTHS WRITING CHEQUES YOUR BODY CANT CASH
Ruthless

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:06 pm

guv111 wrote:The sad thing is, he has flashes of brilliance quite often. Unfortunately, it's usually quite early in the game and it's often the last thing he does.

It's because he struggles with fitness. That's why I'm baffled as to why Bob seems to be running him to the knackers yard.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum