What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby Dwaring » Fri May 26, 2017 1:00 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Really curious how are things with him.

After the mass exodus from yesterday, we might see Yaya staying. Imho, the club is negociating with him a new contract. I hope he accepts a pay cut and stays.

My gut feeling is we've offered him another year if he takes a paycut, so he has to weigh up just how much he meant those kind words he said about us at the end of the season. (and Im very happy to see his representative stay low key in all of this).

For him it would be better to go, I am certain he can get a spectacular contract in China or Qatar.
For us, he needs to stay. When he is up for it he is still spectacular.

My opinion: His agent wants him gone, a new contract, new contract percent for him, Yaya would rather stay because this means he can still play at the highest level and he still likes the spotlight.

He doesn't want to leave England even if it's not with us. The smart move is to keep him, which the club looks to be trying to do, and avoid paying another transfer fee this summer. I'm going to be the annoying prick saying announce yaya till it happens. Love the guy. Favorite city player ever (even with that leech he carries around).
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri May 26, 2017 2:27 pm

PeterParker wrote:Really curious how are things with him.

After the mass exodus from yesterday, we might see Yaya staying. Imho, the club is negociating with him a new contract. I hope he accepts a pay cut and stays.

I think that's what's happening, too - they're probably sitting down with 4 or 5 of them a day and seeing what everyone wants. Those who want out are being announced the same day, those with something to negotiate will be dealt with later. Considering those announced so far, I'd guess there's some kind of pecking order, bar the few youth players the club know they don't want to keep who've had offers from other clubs.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby zuricity » Fri May 26, 2017 6:44 pm

I'm quite sure Yaya could become a great coach and manager . Never mind Bennell , imagine yaya slapping his authortiy down on the table.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby littlebig » Sat May 27, 2017 1:08 pm

I hope Yaya sticks around. Take the pay cut and continue to play at the top level Yaya.

There's nobody who can do what Yaya does for us. In fact it would be good to buy a central midfielder who can put his foot o the ball and dictate play. But in the meantime I hope the man-mountain stays.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 29, 2017 9:57 am

We've got another year to find out it seems.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 29, 2017 10:01 am

johnny crossan wrote:We've got another year to find out it seems.

I'm happy with that. Had a really good 2017 so far
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby bigblue » Mon May 29, 2017 1:00 pm

He turned down extra money to sign new contracts for City.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 29, 2017 3:08 pm

bigblue wrote:He turned down extra money to sign new contracts for City.

Good lad.

If he is the same as it was in the last part of the season, then we are good.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby aaron bond » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:10 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... y-contract

Yaya Toure has signed a new deal keeping him at Manchester City next season.

The 34-year-old, whose previous contract was due to expire this summer, has agreed to spend an eighth season at the Etihad.

Toure was frozen out of the first-team squad early in the season after a row between his agent and City boss Pep Guardiola, but he returned to the side in November and finished with seven goals from 31 appearances.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:41 pm

That's good news, he played like he had another season in him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:46 pm

Coming up on ssn in a min

"Pep reveals why yaya hasn't featured so far this season..."

I'm intrigued
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:Coming up on ssn in a min

I'm intrigued

If it's on Sky it will be Sterling's fault.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:49 pm

Dameerto wrote:

I'm intrigued

Something is going on, but true to form, sky mislead with their story...

Pep says there's a reason yaya isn't playing and it's between the two of them.

Wtf could it be this time??
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

I'm intrigued

Something is going on, but true to form, sky mislead with their story...

Pep says there's a reason yaya isn't playing and it's between the two of them.

Wtf could it be this time??

How's his (Yaya's) weight looking this season? He was lean as fucl last season but I can't remember any pics of him lately. Pep is a bit of an obsessive when it comes to their weight.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Sky have lost their appeal over the Mane red card so they are just shit stirring.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:Sky have lost their appeal over the Mane red card so they are just shit stirring.

I hope they've stuck to the rules and made it 4 match ban!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:33 pm

"he knows what he did..." sounds like a lovers' quarrel ffs!

Pep Guardiola leaves Yaya Toure out of Man City team for 'sporting reasons'
ROTTERDAM -- Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure was not included in the squad that travelled to the Netherlands for the Champions League game at Feyenoord for "sporting reasons," manager Pep Guardiola has said.

Vincent Kompany has also been left behind because of a calf injury but goalkeeper Ederson Moraes is in contention despite suffering a facial injury in Saturday's 5-0 victory over Liverpool.

Toure has not played a minute in City's four opening Premier League fixtures and did not make the bench against Liverpool.

"It's a sporting decision," Guardiola told a news conference. "He was so important last season -- six players finished their contract and he was the only one who stayed because he's a special player.

"But the decision is he didn't play the last game, and today he is not in the squad and he knows the reason why."

Guardiola and Toure have had a fraught relationship at times. The coach sold the midfielder to City when he was at Barcelona, and last season refused to play him after critical comments from agent Dimitri Seluk.

But Toure apologised and became a key member of Guardiola's squad, earning a new deal, and the City boss said he remains part of his plans.

Asked whether Toure would play soon, Guardiola said: "Hopefully -- it depends on the player.

"I'm always happy, but of course I demand as much as possible. I want more -- not just from Yaya, I want more from everyone."
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PeterParker » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:44 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:"he knows what he did..." sounds like a lovers' quarrel ffs!

ROTTERDAM -- Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure was not included in the squad that travelled to the Netherlands for the Champions League game at Feyenoord for "sporting reasons," manager Pep Guardiola has said.

Vincent Kompany has also been left behind because of a calf injury but goalkeeper Ederson Moraes is in contention despite suffering a facial injury in Saturday's 5-0 victory over Liverpool.

Toure has not played a minute in City's four opening Premier League fixtures and did not make the bench against Liverpool.

"It's a sporting decision," Guardiola told a news conference. "He was so important last season -- six players finished their contract and he was the only one who stayed because he's a special player.

"But the decision is he didn't play the last game, and today he is not in the squad and he knows the reason why."

Guardiola and Toure have had a fraught relationship at times. The coach sold the midfielder to City when he was at Barcelona, and last season refused to play him after critical comments from agent Dimitri Seluk.

But Toure apologised and became a key member of Guardiola's squad, earning a new deal, and the City boss said he remains part of his plans.

Asked whether Toure would play soon, Guardiola said: "Hopefully -- it depends on the player.

"I'm always happy, but of course I demand as much as possible. I want more -- not just from Yaya, I want more from everyone."

Why the hell did we offered him a new contract if Pep seems again with his start of the season specific problems with Yaya?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:51 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:"he knows what he did..." sounds like a lovers' quarrel ffs!

Why the hell did we offered him a new contract if Pep seems again with his start of the season specific problems with Yaya?

Cos Pep is a dick.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:41 pm

Watching tunnel cam from Saturday Yaya does look like he's carrying a few extra pounds!.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum