What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:26 am

Justified logic wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:Fuck off back to Africa Yaya and play your victim card there with YOUR racist shit.

Is he still on City's books?
Yes, and this interview is very damaging to our fanbase in that continent and among naturalised Africans elsewhere.
Yaya no doubt believes what he says and it's true that racial tension is an undeniable and growing problem in most countries.
He's chosen to use it as a weapon for ugly personal revenge without any reason other than Pep recognised his obvious declline.
In so doing has betrayed both us and those who now feel obliged to support him. Very sad.

Not worry, when the club break their transfer record for an African this week we'll get them back onside.

Mahrez is not a 'black' African though and that is all that Yaya and his constituency care about.

Yes, I thought I'd heard on the radio that he was contracted to us until the end of this month, although his last contract was announced 1 June last year and no reports seem to state the end date. So if he is still a City player I should hope that Khaldoon will haul him in and demand to know what he meant, demand evidence to back up his claims and, if City's lawyers don't think that the evidence backs his claims, offer him the choice of making a grovelling public apology or having to defend his case in a court of law.

Transfermarket have his contract expiring at the end of this month however the timing seems to suggest that his contract is up, all bonuses and increments paid up so now free rein to run his mouth.

My Mahrez comment was tongue in cheek besides Slur Alex lack of black African players didn't seem to deter black Africans from supporting the rags.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:29 am

Justified logic wrote:
blues2win wrote:I went to the Basel home match. His performance was awful. He was Captain too. He simply didn’t justify being selected. The idea Pep discriminated against him because of his skin colour is ridiculous and offensive.

He says it's because he's African, not because of his skin colour, although I guess in his racist mind he really means it's because he's a sub-Saharan black African.

I think Yaya's used the terms 'African' and 'Black' interchangeably in interviews before (or uses 'African' to exclusively imply 'sub-Saharan black African'. I seem to remember noticing it when he was complaining about not receiving more personal accolades because of either skin colour, continent on which he was born, or both.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:18 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
blues2win wrote:I went to the Basel home match. His performance was awful. He was Captain too. He simply didn’t justify being selected. The idea Pep discriminated against him because of his skin colour is ridiculous and offensive.

He says it's because he's African, not because of his skin colour, although I guess in his racist mind he really means it's because he's a sub-Saharan black African.

I think Yaya's used the terms 'African' and 'Black' interchangeably in interviews before (or uses 'African' to exclusively imply 'sub-Saharan black African'. I seem to remember noticing it when he was complaining about not receiving more personal accolades because of either skin colour, continent on which he was born, or both.

It's exactly what he's done in this interview, used both skin colour and African.

“I even started wondering to myself whether it was about my colour.

“I am not the first to talk about these differences in treatment. In Barca, some have also asked the question.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:58 am

According to that charming chap, Dimitri Seluk, Pep is going to be cursed by African shamans.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:04 am

patrickblue wrote:According to that charming chap, Dimitri Seluk, Pep is going to be cursed by African shamans.

And Yaya will play for any of the top 6 for £1 a week. They are dedicating his next season to Guardiola. The man is fucking nuts, I'll miss him in a way, good old Dimitry comparing the market.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby roblues » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:06 am

patrickblue wrote:According to that charming chap, Dimitri Seluk, Pep is going to be cursed by African shamans.

Imagine if Pep said "Maybe the African shamans will curse me"...the racism claims would go into overdrive and there would be calls for his resignation from the rag press. Ridiculous.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:11 am

roblues wrote:

Imagine if Pep said "Maybe the African shamans will curse me"...the racism claims would go into overdrive and there would be calls for his resignation from the rag press. Ridiculous.

I bet klipperty wishes it was him.
Then every time he bottles it, it wouldn't be his fault.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:42 am

I think Yaya might actually have a point. At least on some of the points he make.

OK, calm down and keep those fingers in control and hear me out.

Does Pep hate black players? ABSOLUTELY NOT. There is absolutely nothing in his career that would indicate he is a racist. Absolutely NOTHING. HOWEVER, does he like African players? I would say in general probably not. It's a stereotype but stereotype that has roots in truth that African players are undisciplined on the pitch. Pep is EXTREMELY demanding in that in first two thirds of the pitch players follow the system and instructions right down to a T. Remember that Thierry Henry story about him drifting out of position, scoring and then getting substituted at halftime. Black, white, yellow, green, orange or purple. No matter your skin colour, in order for you to play in Pep's system you HAVE to stick to the game plan no matter what.

Does Pep's football translate to mid-table or bottom of the league clubs? Probably not. It is all based on on possession, crisp passing, awareness and movement as a team. It's very sophisticated and Pep is very rigid about it. That's not suited for "clubs like Crystal Palace". Why should we be bothered about that? If Pep ever wants to take that sort of challenge then we'd see how he could adapt the system. However, where he is and where he has been it works.

Do some player get cold shoulder treatment? Probably. Pep likes the youngsters who subscribe to his brand of football. However he isn't really arms around the shoulder type of guy. He demands a lot from others and most from himself. That's why we have likes of Kidd, Arteta and ESPECIALLY Domenec Torrent. As forward thinking as his tactics are as a manager he seems one from the old school. A "gaffer" who doesn't seem like someone who is eager to discuss about the system or much anything else even with more experienced player. I happen to like that. Knowing Yaya he probably wanted to discuss about the way he is being used and shit like that and Guardiola doesn't seem like a chap who is willing to have that sort of conversations.

Does Pep like players who "lick his hand" (better to lick hand than ....)? I'm sure he does. Even more so, I think he wants everyone to be on the boat mentally. But Pep could have ditched him ages ago yet decided to hang on to him. So that should give Yaya nice warm feeling that he at very least touched Pep's hand with tip of his tongue.

And remember, I'm a MASSIVE Pep licker. I would lick his hand. Would probably do more if he asked me to. But Yaya isn't completely off target here.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:46 am

What the fuck are you going on about?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:49 am

Mase wrote:What the fuck are you going on about?

Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:55 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Yeah Liam. Lick those fingers.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:58 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Is licking the hand a metaphor for smoking that D?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Mase wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

What the fuck is D? It was Yaya who was talking about "licking hand".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... break-myth

Also, lick me out.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I think Yaya might actually have a point. At least on some of the points he make.

Does Pep hate black players? ABSOLUTELY NOT. There is absolutely nothing in his career that would indicate he is a racist. Absolutely NOTHING. HOWEVER, does he like African players? I would say in general probably not. It's a stereotype but stereotype that has roots in truth that African players are undisciplined on the pitch. Pep is EXTREMELY demanding in that in first two thirds of the pitch players follow the system and instructions right down to a T. Remember that Thierry Henry story about him drifting out of position, scoring and then getting substituted at halftime. Black, white, yellow, green, orange or purple. No matter your skin colour, in order for you to play in Pep's system you HAVE to stick to the game plan no matter what.

Does Pep's football translate to mid-table or bottom of the league clubs? Probably not. It is all based on on possession, crisp passing, awareness and movement as a team. It's very sophisticated and Pep is very rigid about it. That's not suited for "clubs like Crystal Palace". Why should we be bothered about that? If Pep ever wants to take that sort of challenge then we'd see how he could adapt the system. However, where he is and where he has been it works.

Do some player get cold shoulder treatment? Probably. Pep likes the youngsters who subscribe to his brand of football. However he isn't really arms around the shoulder type of guy. He demands a lot from others and most from himself. That's why we have likes of Kidd, Arteta and ESPECIALLY Domenec Torrent. As forward thinking as his tactics are as a manager he seems one from the old school. A "gaffer" who doesn't seem like someone who is eager to discuss about the system or much anything else even with more experienced player. I happen to like that. Knowing Yaya he probably wanted to discuss about the way he is being used and shit like that and Guardiola doesn't seem like a chap who is willing to have that sort of conversations.

Does Pep like players who "lick his hand" (better to lick hand than ....)? I'm sure he does. Even more so, I think he wants everyone to be on the boat mentally. But Pep could have ditched him ages ago yet decided to hang on to him. So that should give Yaya nice warm feeling that he at very least touched Pep's hand with tip of his tongue.

And remember, I'm a MASSIVE Pep licker. I would lick his hand. Would probably do more if he asked me to. But Yaya isn't completely off target here.

What a complete crock of shit

Welcome back btw .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I think Yaya might actually have a point. At least on some of the points he make.

Welcome back btw .

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Unless it's shit opinion. Which is the case with yours here.

How are things matey? Have you been keeping kids under control here?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:22 pm

Mase wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

What the fuck is D? It was Yaya who was talking about "licking hand".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... break-myth

Also, lick me out.

a D is part of the ol' three piece set.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Mase wrote:a D is part of the ol' three piece set.

I had you a ball licker kind of feller. You never really know about the guy.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:07 pm

On a serious note this shit coming out of yaya and his snake agent are surely libellous and slanderous. Legal action is forthcoming? Or are the club going to sit back and take this shit.
It's disgusting.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:16 pm

I made up my mind a long time ago that yaya is quite simply a fucking nutjob, so this does nothing to change my opinion of him.

That said, pep should take action against him, because it's a very serious allegation.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Welcome back btw .

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Unless it's shit opinion. Which is the case with yours here.

How are things matey? Have you been keeping kids under control here?

Alls good in Carl’s world mate - I still have mental problems and Tourette’s ))) but life's fuckign fun isn’t it !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum