The Yaya Toure 'Munich' song

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Yaya Toure 'Munich' song

Postby roblues » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:39 pm

twosips wrote:It shouldn't be said at all. Can't we just call them rags or sumat else?!

roblues wrote:
twosips wrote:Right - your complete and utter evasion of the points I made show you up for exactly what you are. A spineless piece of shit.

The thread title is kind of missing the point and that's why a few of us are surprised that it is being highlighted. This is no worse than the Tevez munich song that has been sung for two years. If this is a debate about the use of the word munich in songs, it's slightly different, but let's not pretend that tonight was something out of the ordinary in terms of offense levels.

Sorry - but its the fact that you see it as normal that sums up how shit it is! It's no different, no, but it really got to me tonight. It seemed louder than ever before. Sung more proudly. It was embarrassing.

I do refer to them as rags, and it's not just me seeing the use of 'munich' as normal - it has become one of the terms regularly used by fans to refer to them - and that also doesn't mean that I use it, I don't. I doubt that the majority who do use it are thinking much about those who died while singing it though, and more about the rags who get their backs up about it.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby bluej » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:40 pm

trueblue64 wrote:
twosips wrote:It shouldn't be said at all. Can't we just call them rags or sumat else?!

roblues wrote:
twosips wrote:Right - your complete and utter evasion of the points I made show you up for exactly what you are. A spineless piece of shit.

The thread title is kind of missing the point and that's why a few of us are surprised that it is being highlighted. This is no worse than the Tevez munich song that has been sung for two years. If this is a debate about the use of the word munich in songs, it's slightly different, but let's not pretend that tonight was something out of the ordinary in terms of offense levels.

Sorry - but its the fact that you see it as normal that sums up how shit it is! It's no different, no, but it really got to me tonight. It seemed louder than ever before. Sung more proudly. It was embarrassing.

twosips post count 44
KK post count 31800

[highlight]I rest my case twosips fuck of over to Blue Moon.... Everyone is entitled to an opinion[/highlight], the are worse songs sung every fucking weekend, week in week out grow up.

Brilliant. Telling people to fuck off to Bluemoon because they've got a different opinion, even though they are entitled to it??
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby trueblue64 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:41 pm

roblues wrote:

roblues wrote:

I do refer to them as rags, and it's not just me seeing the use of 'munich' as normal - it has become one of the terms regularly used by fans to refer to them - and that also doesn't mean that I use it, I don't. I doubt that the majority who do use it are thinking much about those who died while singing it though, and more about the rags who get their backs up about it.

100% correct all it is for is to get the Scum fans going.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby trueblue64 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:42 pm

bluej wrote:
trueblue64 wrote:

roblues wrote:

twosips post count 44
KK post count 31800

[highlight]I rest my case twosips fuck of over to Blue Moon.... Everyone is entitled to an opinion[/highlight], the are worse songs sung every fucking weekend, week in week out grow up.

Brilliant. Telling people to fuck off to Bluemoon because they've got a different opinion, even though they are entitled to it??

And KK is entitled to his, is he not. And then because his is different he gets abused.

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:43 pm

trueblue64 wrote:

roblues wrote:

twosips post count 44
KK post count 31800

I rest my case twosips fuck of over to Blue Moon.... Everyone is entitled to an opinion, there are worse songs sung every fucking weekend, week in week out grow up.

What the fuck do post counts have to do with the validity of an opinion?
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby twosips » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:43 pm

Oh sorry, i completely forgot its okay to mock anything as long as it only is just to wind someone up :)
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:44 pm

trueblue64 wrote:
twosips post count 44
KK post count 31800

I rest my case twosips fuck of over to Blue Moon.... Everyone is entitled to an opinion, there are worse songs sung every fucking weekend, week in week out grow up.

I personally couldnt care less, but get you nose out of KK's arse mate.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:46 pm

King Kev wrote:
City won tonight by the way..

There is no connection between the two things. One is good, the other is fucking horrible & if he ever finds out the details, no doubt the owner will be disgusted by it too. It gives rags a stick to beat us with & is on the whole, the worst most shitty, classless, thick headed, wankerish thing about some City fans.

It's like having a mate who you're fond of who shits his pants & swears at everyone when you go out for a pint; a fucking total embarrassment.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dronny » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:46 pm

trueblue64 wrote:

roblues wrote:

[center]twosips post count 44
KK post count 31800[/center]

Your point is what exactly? Hitler got more votes when he was elected....therefore he was a goodie???????
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby roblues » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:46 pm

twosips wrote:Oh sorry, i completely forgot its okay to mock anything as long as it only is just to wind someone up :)

OK, I guess this does need explaining again then. It is okay to mock United fans who cling to a tragedy from over 50 years ago as something that defines them and that we should be sympathetic about, despite the fact when questioned about it they often know little about the details of the tragedy. It is not okay to directly mock people who died in a plane crash, and if the song about Yaya did that it would be a disgrace.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby King Kev » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:46 pm

trueblue64 wrote:And KK is entitled to his, is he not. And then because his is different he gets abused.

Cheers mate. With all the swearing and name calling I was starting to wonder if I was still allowed to post my opinions on this site anymore!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby twosips » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:49 pm

I just can't believe anyone would EVER think its acceptable to refer to someone with a nickname that refers to a horrific tragedy.

Anyone who does believe that it's fine is just a despicable human being. To mock and refer to a tragedy and sing songs about it as some kind of badge of honour, with such pride. I mean fucking come on. They're actual scum with no sense of empathy and no perspective on life whatsoever. No respect for anyone. People who don't deserve an opinion. They are the shite that means society is pretty much fucked.

It's just a fucking game. Its people playing football. It's the entertainment industry. I love Man City, but when people's lives come into it you should pay the utmost respect.

I wouldn't sing about some munich singing city fan's dead family - its horrible. Why is it alright to mock united fans?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bluej » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:49 pm

trueblue64 wrote:And KK is entitled to his, is he not. And then because his is different he gets abused.

And you're quite right, he shouldn't be personally abused for his opinion, whatever you think of it.

However I took umbrage with the fact that you followed that up with telling someone to fuck off to Bluemoon because their post count was smaller, which, frankly, is ridiculous.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby trueblue64 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:49 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
trueblue64 wrote:

roblues wrote:

twosips post count 44
KK post count 31800

What the fuck do post counts have to do with the validity of an opinion?

Lets just say who I would rather discuss City with and it ain't twosips I have been on this site a long time and read a lot of posts KK seams to me a very sensible person, who is entitled to an opinion with out the remarks by twosips. Lets make it clear I dont use the word Munich at all never had, but if people want to then they can it up to them. I have been around football a long time and supported City for 44 years I have hear worse songs. You have to understand here the media have it in for City at the moment everything we do seams to be wrong, I can live with this.

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:49 pm

we all know why some people use the munich term, and the way they treated their players and their families after it was a disgrace. However, all an outsider sees is someone disrespecting a tragedy, which is no different than the rags singing about hillsborough, people hissing at spurs or the racist abuse of adebayor.

There's no need for it and, frankly, it shows the club and the fans up. We've shown how good we can be at the swamp a few years back or anfield a few weeks ago, so why ruin it?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Flixton Blue » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:50 pm

roblues wrote:

roblues wrote:

I have to say "Rags" is a crap insult,it's almost as bad.
Flixton Blue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby King Kev » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:52 pm

twosips wrote:Why is it alright to mock united fans?

Seriously?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby bigblue » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
King Kev wrote:
City won tonight by the way..

There is no connection between the two things. One is good, the other is fucking horrible & if he ever finds out the details, no doubt the owner will be disgusted by it too. It gives rags a stick to beat us with & is on the whole, the worst most shitty, classless, thick headed, wankerish thing about some City fans.

It's like having a mate who you're fond of who shits his pants & swears at everyone when you go out for a pint; a fucking total embarrassment.

Eh, death is an inevitable part of life. It will happen to us all. We cannot avoid it or predict it. If you can laugh at life, then be able to laugh at death
Last edited by bigblue on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby trueblue64 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:53 pm

bluej wrote:

And you're quite right, he shouldn't be personally abused for his opinion, whatever you think of it.

However I took umbrage with the fact that you followed that up with telling someone to fuck off to Bluemoon because their post count was smaller, which, frankly, is ridiculous.

Maybe it was and I apologise sorry twosips but please remember everyone is entitled to an opinion with out abuse, we won tonight 3 points that is what we should be talking about

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Postby twosips » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:54 pm

Everyone is entitled to an opinion - but surely you can't think its ever right to mock the dead? :|

Would you like it if someone you know died in the munich tragedy and city fans sang about it?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum