The Yaya Toure 'Munich' song

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Yaya Toure 'Munich' song

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Why doesn't someone just think of something way more offensive than the Munich song.
Something so offensive you could play it in the soundtrack to Blazing Saddles.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Flixton Blue » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:56 pm

At least 50% of blues use the M word as a reference to those lot.
Flixton Blue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:we all know why some people use the munich term, and the way they treated their players and their families after it was a disgrace. However, all an outsider sees is someone disrespecting a tragedy, which is no different than the rags singing about hillsborough, people hissing at spurs or the racist abuse of adebayor.

There's no need for it and, frankly, it shows the club and the fans up. We've shown how good we can be at the swamp a few years back or anfield a few weeks ago, so why ruin it?

I don't understand why people don't get this. To the world, we are just fucking scumbags when we sing about Munich, whatever excuses some fans think there may be.

Why we're happy to have the world think we're a bunch of fucking shits I just don't know. It depresses me. All the pride in our support is totally wiped out by the people who insist in using that one word. So blinded by hatred that they can't see it. Sad.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby King Kev » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:It's like having a mate who you're fond of who shits his pants & swears at everyone when you go out for a pint; a fucking total embarrassment.

You too eh! :o(
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby bluej » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:58 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:we all know why some people use the munich term, and the way they treated their players and their families after it was a disgrace. However, all an outsider sees is someone disrespecting a tragedy, which is no different than the rags singing about hillsborough, people hissing at spurs or the racist abuse of adebayor.

There's no need for it and, frankly, it shows the club and the fans up. We've shown how good we can be at the swamp a few years back or anfield a few weeks ago, so why ruin it?

This may have got lost in all the posts and I think it sums up how I feel about the whole thing as well.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby trueblue64 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:58 pm

twosips wrote:Everyone is entitled to an opinion - but surely you can't think its ever right to mock the dead? :|

Would you like it if someone you know died in the munich tragedy and city fans sang about it?

TBH here I dont think it right or wrong its a song sung to get all the Scum fans going thats it. I am in no position to sit in judgement like I have said I don't use but if people want to then I don't have a problem with it.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

I don't understand why people don't get this. To the world, we are just fucking scumbags when we sing about Munich, whatever excuses some fans think there may be.

Why we're happy to have the world think we're a bunch of fucking shits I just don't know. It depresses me. All the pride in our support is totally wiped out by the people who insist in using that one word. So blinded by hatred that they can't see it. Sad.

Couldn't agree more.

I could kind of see why it has been used in the past - when we have had nothing positive to sing about. But we are now on the cusp of winning trophies and titles and challenging year in, year out. Surely we have something positive to sing about us, rather than something negative about them!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby twosips » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:04 pm

trueblue64 wrote:
twosips wrote:Everyone is entitled to an opinion - but surely you can't think its ever right to mock the dead? :|

Would you like it if someone you know died in the munich tragedy and city fans sang about it?

TBH here I dont think it right or wrong its a song sung to get all the Scum fans going thats it. I am in no position to sit in judgement like I have said I don't use but if people want to then I don't have a problem with it.

Fucking hell. Okay. So want about racist remarks - are they okay too, as long as its just to wind someone up for a laugh? Do you not have a problem with them?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Bluez » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:06 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

This sums it up the best. We come across as complete cunts whenever we sing about Munich. It makes city look bad and whoever doesn't see that is just blind.

And yes, it is ok to mock united fans, obligatory in fact. But there are ways which make us look humorous and not complete twats.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby twosips » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:06 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Spot on. It's embarrassing. Genuinely embarrassing sitting in the stands listening to it. I just sit there thinking 'can't we fucking just make up a good song for Dzeko instead? Or maybe one for Balotelli?'.....
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:08 pm

twosips wrote:Holier than thou? What the fuck?!

Well if it means i don't enjoy mocking a horrible tragedy, then fucking yes - i am better than them. Seriously. It's horrible and embarrassing. It's lacking basic human empathy. It wasn't even a minority - it was all our away fans. It was loud clear and forceful. It made me cringe.

it wasn't ALL of us - it was fucking sad and i've got the bruise to prove it. fucking idiot cunts, and we can't even pretend that it wa "de minority". this game had nothing to do with manchester united. grow the fuck up lads.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby blues-clues » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Twosips you need to relax a little.

You are not going to change anyone's mind just by repeating your point over again and insulting people. I cannot see how the language you have directed at some of the posters on here is any different to what you are protesting about.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Flixton Blue » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:10 pm

twosips wrote:
trueblue64 wrote:

Fucking hell. Okay. So want about racist remarks - are they okay too, as long as its just to wind someone up for a laugh? Do you not have a problem with them?

It's called tribalism,personally I refer to them as scum or red shite."Rags" is a PC response to the M word.At Bluemoon they use the Titanic to illustrate a faux pas,people lost their lives there to.How far do you take it?
Flixton Blue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:18 pm

Ok, one more time - being there and hearing that was FUCKING EMBARASSING. mock them for being part-time cunts. mock them for being from london/japan/usa. mock them for being fa cup semi - losers. mock them for anything.

but to constantly reference a plane crash that killed lots of HUMAN beings marks you out as a CUNT that has no respect for people and families. so waht if "they've" made a big deAl of it in retrospect????? fuck em - who cares.

FUCKING GROW UP.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Have never liked the Munich thing. It makes us look like morons.

I prefer to sing about City. Or one of our players. Then again I'm not obsessed with United.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby bluechester » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:20 pm

make us look a bit classless really
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby twosips » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:20 pm

There's a huge difference blues-clues - i'm upset and offended over people mocking dead people and singing about it and giving the whole club a bad name. I called it a fucking disgrace and inhumane. My reaction is completely just! I've got every right to be upset and think its horrific. Cos it is.

I still see that not one person responded to my point when i asked if they would mind if i sang songs about relatives of theirs that had died. Course they wouldn't.

I guess you really can't reason with idiots though. If people think its fine to sing about the dead then, well, part of society is completely fucked.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby twosips » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:Ok, one more time - being there and hearing that was FUCKING EMBARASSING. mock them for being part-time cunts. mock them for being from london/japan/usa. mock them for being fa cup semi - losers. mock them for anything.

but to constantly reference a plane crash that killed lots of HUMAN beings marks you out as a CUNT that has no respect for people and families. so waht if "they've" made a big deAl of it in retrospect????? fuck em - who cares.

FUCKING GROW UP.

This.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ronk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:25 pm

twosips wrote:Everyone is entitled to an opinion - [highlight]but surely you can't think its ever right to mock the dead?[/highlight] :|

Is it right to mock the living? Just to extend the logic...

Whatever about the merits of the points about appropriate terminology, there were better ways of making them, and starting a shitfight isn't a good way to start if you want to win people over to your point of view. Go back and read over your posts, you've been at least as offensive as some of the people you claim to have a problem with.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:26 pm

Especially after yesterday's "Munich" documentary on the BBC this could not have come at a worse time. It's all over the media, twitter, etc, you name.

Makes us look like right fucking cunts. Wish the people who sing these songs would get bans from the club to be honest, it is an absolute fucking disgrace.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum