The Yaya Toure 'Munich' song

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Yaya Toure 'Munich' song

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:58 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
I explained why in the rest of my comment which, for some reason, you chose to delete when quoting it.

i don't feel you did actually - you meandered around the fact - which is why i chose to delete it and quote the quotient point.

but anyway - i don't wanna fall out wi anyone apart from the poeple that think it's ok to sing munich songs - so what's your opinion - acceptable or not?
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:59 pm

Cheesy wrote:FFS, it damages our club.

Why can't the thick fuckers who sing this stuff realise this? Are they really that fucking dim?

Its being blasted all over twitter by the big named journos. Im sure it will run for a good few days.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ashton287 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:01 pm

david yearsley wrote:
King Kev wrote:Oh goody, we haven't had a holier than thou munich thread for a few weeks...

Don´t excuse it KK - it was loud and fuclin clear. Impeccable it wasn´t

Coming through the TV???

Knob heaaaaad, don't want to sing then dont but for anyone who wasnt there complaining about how it makes "US" look, dont worry about it because "US" doesnt include you.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby globalbollox » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:01 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
globalbollox wrote:

Newspeak, alive and growing on Man City fans .net.

if you think referencing orwell makes you clever, whilst completely avoiding the actual debate. then well done you.

The way I see it is that the word Munichs refers to the supporters of the club that uses the disaster at every opportunity it can.Therefore not a reference to the actual disaster at all
globalbollox
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby twosips » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:03 pm

Way to make a fucking totally irrelevant pointless point, ashton287.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:04 pm

globalbollox wrote:
The way I see it is that the word Munichs refers to the supporters of the club that uses the disaster at every opportunity it can.Therefore not a reference to the actual disaster at all

we're talking about us. not them - so why use it?

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby globalbollox » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
globalbollox wrote:

It fits the tune better
globalbollox
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:11 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
I explained why in the rest of my comment which, for some reason, you chose to delete when quoting it.

i don't feel you did actually - you meandered around the fact - which is why i chose to delete it and quote the quotient point.

but anyway - i don't wanna fall out wi anyone apart from the poeple that think it's ok to sing munich songs - so what's your opinion - acceptable or not?

I told you my opinion. I think there are shades of grey and common sense should prevail. As for the Yaya song tonight I don't

a) see it as a 'Munich song' per se, or
b) think that anyone will have been genuinely offended by it.

As ever, there's a time and place for the use of words. Like I said I feel fine calling my mates 'Munes' but wouldn't be comfortable with myself or anyone else doing an aeroplane gesture at a derby.

That's where I stand, but I don't mind if other people beg to differ. I have my own things that I am or am not comfortable saying and doing. I didn't make the trip tonight but I wouldn't have been overly embarrassed by the song if I had. 'WTLOTR?' is another matter - outright offensive and unnecessary (in my opinion, as ever).
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:12 pm

globalbollox wrote:
Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
globalbollox wrote:

It fits the tune better

brilliant, cheers.

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ashton287 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:14 pm

Way to be a fucking totally irrelevant pointless poster, twosips.

You moaning munich twat.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby twosips » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:16 pm

Haha - coming from you :)

We're having a debate about the respect for people's lives, and all you can do is but in and take the piss out of people who were at the game? Seriously - what purpose do you serve? Completely irrelevant. Is that the only intelligent input you have to offer? Are you not embarrassed by the fact that that is all you can muster up?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby roblues » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:That's where I stand, but I don't mind if other people beg to differ. I have my own things that I am or am not comfortable saying and doing. I didn't make the trip tonight but I wouldn't have been overly embarrassed by the song if I had. 'WTLOTR?' is another matter - outright offensive and unnecessary (in my opinion, as ever).

Agreed, but 5 more pages of this will leave everyone feeling the same as they were.
White Trash Lord of the Rings is a completely different matter, as you say, and needn't have been mentioned.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Rae4685 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:21 pm

Beeks wrote:I'm one of those who's not arsed either way about the term Munichs

As much as the do gooders might want it to go away it never will..it's ingrained into the fans as much as wearing sky blue I'm afraid

I should imagine the older fans who remember the crash are more horrified about it than my generation and younger

To a lot of blues it's just a word to anger our rivals..it has been disassociated with people losing lives and is now just used as a derogotary word.

Sad but true

And I can sort of understand..if someone was taking the piss out of people who lost their lives in the battle of waterloo..or that german airship disaster..would you be so quick to judge?

People lose their lives everyday..what people decide to make of it is their choice

I'm sure nobody that uses the term Munich wishes anyone dead or rejoices in the plane crash..it's transcended that now

I'm actually amazed that I agree with everything you just said
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Cheesy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:22 pm

ashton287 wrote:Way to be a fucking totally irrelevant pointless poster, twosips.

You moaning munich twat.

Do you not mind the reputation of our club being tarnished then?

Honest answer if you can.
Cheesy
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby 1950 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:24 pm

To the vast majority of this planet's population, singing 'munich songs' makes you no different to these scumbags:

If you're fine with that, go ahead.
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: د.إ

Postby Rae4685 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Cheesy wrote:
ashton287 wrote:Way to be a fucking totally irrelevant pointless poster, twosips.

You moaning munich twat.

Do you not mind the reputation of our club being tarnished then?

Honest answer if you can.

I don't care what any fucker thinks of "our" Club as it's not "theirs" fuck em half of them are Munich cunts anyway
Rae4685

Postby Rae4685 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:29 pm

1950 wrote:To the vast majority of this planet's population, singing 'munich songs' makes you no different to these scumbags:

If you're fine with that, go ahead.

BOLLOCKS
Rae4685

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:29 pm

In retrospect, We could have done with organising a friendly against 1860 or Bayern, and allowed Yaya to score.
Hey ho.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby ant london » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:41 pm

I have very conflicting emotions and views on this whole issue.

In reference to the fact that ross cited in that "Its being blasted all over twitter by the big named journos. Im sure it will run for a good few days." I actually couldn't really care less. Most of them are either United fans, sycophants or have some other vested interest or agenda. They are determined to run us down at every single opportunity and just make things up that are just as damaging every single fucking week.

It does not paint us, as fans, in an amazing light but frankly we are (as a club) slated every fucking day by a number of journalistic cunts and amateur bloggers (....who get a perversely large global quotation).

Although I wholly accept that the song/word is in awful taste and references a genuine tragedy (yes, one in which an ex-Blue died) I also know that it is one of the only references we can level at "them" which genuinely upsets them. It doesn't make most united fans react in a "oh you are despicable and tasteless" way....it gets a "you fucking CUNTS" out of them and that is exactly what people who use it want.

It is meant to be unpleasant and it is.

I don't sing it at the match (whether in reference to Tevez or nor would I now re Yaya) but I have and do sometimes use it one to one with them (and I mean the "them" who I know very well)....I'm not proud of what it relates to but I use it and I can't really be bothered with the outrage about it. I know it's in horrible taste. That is the point.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Kladze » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:44 pm

globalbollox wrote:
Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
globalbollox wrote:

Newspeak, alive and growing on Man City fans .net.

if you think referencing orwell makes you clever, whilst completely avoiding the actual debate. then well done you.

Makes absolutely no difference, the way YOU see it you dopey cunt.
It's the way the outside world sees it, and the decent majority of them will see it in a very bad light ........ because it IS.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum