TalkSport

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

TalkSport

Postby Lee_R » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Whos this prick talking about 'Why isnt City sold out tonight?.. come on City fans and defend yourself.. maybe theres a good reason for it.' etc.. I feel like beating the cunt up tbh. Smarmy bastard.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Re: TalkSport

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Lee_R wrote:Whos this prick talking about 'Why isnt City sold out tonight?.. come on City fans and defend yourself.. maybe theres a good reason for it.' etc.. I feel like beating the cunt up tbh. Smarmy bastard.

If we aren't it's a fair question isn't it?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby simon12 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Lee_R wrote:Whos this prick talking about 'Why isnt City sold out tonight?.. come on City fans and defend yourself.. maybe theres a good reason for it.' etc.. I feel like beating the cunt up tbh. Smarmy bastard.

Yes Doug.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:32 pm

simon12 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Yes Doug.

Quite frankly its a total embarrassment that this game isnt sold out, and the club and our fans have no defence for it. At £25 a pop or £5 for kids, plus gazillions spent on the squad, the club couldnt really do any more to fill the ground. City clealy have a hard core of about 35k who will turn up whatever and the rest appear to be floaters who pick their games.

Certainly no need to expand the ground beyond its current capacity is there.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:51 pm

The problem is that the club has evolved far faster than our supporters have. Many of our SC holders have budgeted for many years with only a view to getting their SC and possibly a few Cup games, now they find themselves pawing down the back of the sofa to see if they can scrape the money together.

Also, we are not the Rag SC holders who have to pay whether they like it or not, we have the option. For many years they have known that they will be seeing CL football and have sorted themselves accordingly, we, I'm afraid, are still playing catch-up in this part.

Also, also, hasn't there been a problem with the Ticket Office, phone wise? We went down to the stadium to get our tickets but a few mates have said they've been waiting hours just to get through and today 2 lads have said their ticket hasn't arrived.

It could still be a sell-out, and I'm sure the people who can be there, will be. I know we wouldn't miss it for the world.

Come On City!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby colonel_muck » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Its fucked up. Wigan sold out but not our first ever champions league game. City fans as a whole seem to be in their element when times are hard, which is a fantastic characteristic. But when we get what we finally deserve after years of turbulence and sorrow, some people simply aren't interested. What is wrong with people? So don't start complaining when those seats are filled next season by Irish, Japanese people who are happy to travel great distances and pay great money for something that is on most people's doorstep who just can't be arsed.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Crossie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Shame you cant pay on the door if you suddenly fancy it.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Crossie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:59 pm

oh you can.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:59 pm

City fans blaming other City fans? I guess the caller did his job then.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:02 pm

colonel_muck wrote:Its fucked up. Wigan sold out but not our first ever champions league game. City fans as a whole seem to be in their element when times are hard, which is a fantastic characteristic. But when we get what we finally deserve after years of turbulence and sorrow, some people simply aren't interested. What is wrong with people? So don't start complaining when those seats are filled next season by Irish, Japanese people who are happy to travel great distances and pay great money for something that is on most people's doorstep who just can't be arsed.

As I stated in my post above, I honestly don't think it's an interest issue. What people need to understand is that we haven't always had 45000 eager supporters. In my opinion, we have a hardcore 25000 who will ensure they get to most of the matches and then there's about 10000 on top wgo budget for a SC because it is cheaper than paying separately with a few just wanting to guarantee games.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby paulmclaren » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Everyone going on here yet i bet most of you lot commented on here are going to be watching the game at home?
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:35 pm

paulmclaren wrote:Everyone going on here yet i bet most of you lot commented on here are going to be watching the game at home?

Dunno about them but I will be.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Jdoe235 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:36 pm

Times are hard. I don't have anywhere like the disposable income i had just five years ago.

Luckily I can still afford to go, but I'd imagine there's a lot of fellow blues who can't.
Jdoe235
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Duckman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:53 pm

skysport reporter from the Etihad stadium said we're sold out (((
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby jonnyblue5 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:02 pm

SOLD OUT TALKSHITE F--K OFF
jonnyblue5
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:08 pm

jonnyblue5 wrote:SOLD OUT TALKSHITE F--K OFF

+1
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby lincoln blue » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:13 pm

I should be there but work means I can't make the 2 and half hour journey and get there in time - will be there for other games hopefully
A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.
lincoln blue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby ruralblue » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Jdoe235 wrote:Times are hard. I don't have anywhere like the disposable income i had just five years ago.

Luckily I can still afford to go, but I'd imagine there's a lot of fellow blues who can't.

Well said fella!. I would love to come across watch City week in week out with my lad but it would cost 1/3rd of my weekly take home pay and cannot simply afford. If however I lived a bus ride away, yes I would be there each and every week.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby saulman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:08 pm

Same as the others. I can't justify the money at the moment because times are extremely tough.
I just don't have the dough to splash around like I used to.

I decided on 1 game in the Chumps League and thought that the Bayern game will be to one be at.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby bluebananamilksheikh » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Adrian Durham is a fucking cunt of the highest order IMAO who makes a living antagonising people.
bluebananamilksheikh
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Champ1-6ns 12
My favourite player is: Richard Wright

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum