TalkSport

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: TalkSport

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Had TS on on the way back and it had that fuckwit who used to be on Soccer AM. He started with the usual Rag talk then moved onto City, asking why we couldn't fill our stadium and that on a CL night the full-house is around 45,000 yet we could only get 40,000. Luckily, the first caller, and subsequent E-Mails/texts, stated that it was actually 44,000+ with the away fans not filling their end.

Soon shut the fucker up and was good to see he let the caller speak.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:26 pm

To be fair Durham is a sly blue he is always saying decent stuff about us,guess his boss had told him to be a cunt.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:33 pm

Errm, there were actually empty seats in the top tier of the CB stand. About 1000 or so.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Errm, there were actually empty seats in the top tier of the CB stand. About 1000 or so.

Couldn't see up there mate and that would account for the missing troops. Got to say, not a bad turnout afterall.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:44 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Errm, there were actually empty seats in the top tier of the CB stand. About 1000 or so.

Couldn't see up there mate and that would account for the missing troops. Got to say, not a bad turnout afterall.

Not when you consider it's easier to pre book entry into the fucking freemasons.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Yffi_88 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:03 am

Thought we (fans) were really quiet last night. Decent enough turn out though. I was sat on my own between two lads who didn't even CLAP once all game, nevermind get up off their seats. Except for when they left at 35 minutes for their pies of course. They showed up 8 minutes late too. With a handful of pies, obviously. It's hard for me to enjoy games when the people around don't seem to give a shit.
Yffi_88
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:41 am

It was quiet last night and i think our nerves transferred onto the players.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:42 am

lets all have a disco wrote:To be fair Durham is a sly blue he is always saying decent stuff about us,guess his boss had told him to be a cunt.

Durham and Gough are the TS shock jocks. Set up to provoke a response by outraging everybody.

All very well, but the both of them spout off from a position of extreme ignorance. They know very little about football (especially Gough, who thinks City dont get over 40,000) and even less about City and many other clubs they pontificate about.

Unfortunately I'm a captive audience at the moment with the job I'm on.

One of Durham's shock themes for this season is of course "City are BETTER than Barcelona", which is guaranteed to wind up the Rags of course.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:47 am

lets all have a disco wrote:It was quiet last night and i think our nerves transferred onto the players.

I thought it was noisy until Vinny tackled fresh air with possibly the worst piece of defending seen anywhere this season & they hit the bar. Then everyone in the ground realised that, sooner or later, they were probably going to score on the break & it took away all the bravado of the 3 PL games & brought nerves instead. There were still good moments of atmosphere though. Just not consistant.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:52 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:It was quiet last night and i think our nerves transferred onto the players.

I thought it was noisy until Vinny tackled fresh air with possibly the worst piece of defending seen anywhere this season & they hit the bar. Then everyone in the ground realised that, sooner or later, they were probably going to score on the break & it took away all the bravado of the 3 PL games & brought nerves instead. There were still good moments of atmosphere though. Just not consistant.

That's about right Ted. There were periods where it went very quiet due to the nature of the game but overall the atmosphere was quite good, just a little tense.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityGer » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:59 am

john@staustell wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:To be fair Durham is a sly blue he is always saying decent stuff about us,guess his boss had told him to be a cunt.

Durham and Gough are the TS shock jocks. Set up to provoke a response by outraging everybody.

All very well, but the both of them spout off from a position of extreme ignorance. They know very little about football (especially Gough, who thinks City dont get over 40,000) and even less about City and many other clubs they pontificate about.

One of Durham's shock themes for this season is of course "City are BETTER than Barcelona", which is guaranteed to wind up the Rags of course.

Can't believe how willing both of them have been to rubbish their credibility on a daily basis. It's so obvious that before the show they are given a topic, told to adopt the opposite stance on it and be as bloody minded as possible in maintaining their viewpoint. It really is gutter level stuff and although I'm sure they are well paid for it, it surely must irk them that they are forced to knowingly spout a pile a shite on a daily basis.

Talksport gets a lot of stick but I quite enjoy Brazil in the morning. However, I can no longer listen to Durham. I know the idea of the show is provoke debate and even anger but Durham and Gough must have zero self respect if they are so willing to adopt a false stance on various issues.

I can't listen to Durham any more but I still enjoy Brazil in the morning. At least he speaks his mind and is connected enough to get some decent guests on.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:00 am

Reasonable turn out really. And I thought the atmosphere was good for a while. It did go quiet for a while but maybe that was because it became a fascinating game.
It's a shame we didn't score first.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:08 am

CityGer wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Can't believe how willing both of them have been to rubbish their credibility on a daily basis. It's so obvious that before the show they are given a topic, told to adopt the opposite stance on it and be as bloody minded as possible in maintaining their viewpoint. It really is gutter level stuff and although I'm sure they are well paid for it, it surely must irk them that they are forced to knowingly spout a pile a shite on a daily basis.

Talksport gets a lot of stick but I quite enjoy Brazil in the morning. However, I can no longer listen to Durham. I know the idea of the show is provoke debate and even anger but Durham and Gough must have zero self respect if they are so willing to adopt a false stance on various issues.

I can't listen to Durham any more but I still enjoy Brazil in the morning. At least he speaks his mind and is connected enough to get some decent guests on.

I like Durham. I've realised he's a comedy wum & when you treat him as such, it's quite funny listening to people who fall for it. Gough & Irani however are two blokes who played cricket who know fuck all about football & demonstrate it on a daily basis. Only one of them was any fucking good at cricket.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:11 am

i was in third tier and there were rows and rows of empty seats cant help thinking that if we do progress those fuckers who didnt turn up would want a ticket then
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:49 am

I have no idea what the issue is, but aside from there being seats at the top of the Colin Bell - which may or may not be attributed to the ticket fiasco, the person in charge of corporate sales really needs shooting. 75% of the boxes on both sides of the pitch and the south stand were totally empty, and huge swathes of empty seats in the middle blocks of both 2nd tiers is an ongoing embarrassment to us all. It was actually worse last night than it is for a normal "tier c" midweek league game.

Essentially the only time we can sell the ground out is when the prawn sandwich brigade turn up, which basically means for United/Chelsea/Liverpool & Arsenal - and my guess would be that the majority would be away fans anyway.

We have to face it that until we actually start to win stuff consistently, there is no real attraction for companies to entertain at City, and until that changes the ground will remain less than full.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby trout man » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:34 am

colonel_muck wrote:Its fucked up. Wigan sold out but not our first ever champions league game. City fans as a whole seem to be in their element when times are hard, which is a fantastic characteristic. But when we get what we finally deserve after years of turbulence and sorrow, some people simply aren't interested. What is wrong with people? So don't start complaining when those seats are filled next season [u][/u]by Irish, Japanese people who are happy to travel great distances and pay great money for something that is on most people's doorstep who just can't be arsed.

Is there a problem with Irish Man City fans? You racist fucking prick
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby trout man » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:37 am

I take that back, I read it out of context, my apologies. I just spend a lot of time in a rag infested country defending City and I hate it when some of our fans refer that all Irish are rags or bin dippers. Sorry
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby CityGer » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:42 am

Out of context or not, that's a terrible over reaction and an awful thing to call someone with so little basis.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:43 am

CityGer wrote:Out of context or not, that's a terrible over reaction and an awful thing to call someone with so little basis.

he's a fucking pikey - what do you expect?

****************joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)****************
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:13 pm

trout man wrote:I take that back, I read it out of context, my apologies. I just spend a lot of time in a rag infested country defending City and I hate it when some of our fans refer that all Irish are rags or bin dippers. Sorry

You're a right bert you.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum