*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby Goater48 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:48 pm

Hi fellow blues.
Really pleased to be part of the mancityfans.net family
I've been a blue since the day I was born some 73 years ago..My dad and grandad before me were avid blues so I had no choice really.
I'm please to say I have kept the Milburn/City family tree going with both my sons and 4 grandchildren all blue boys and girls
Like all fans of my generation I have known more bad times than.bad but the last 10 years have more than made up for the years of suffering as a City fan since I attended my first match back in 1955.
I now live out in the sticks in Blackburn so I dont get to as many matches as I used to but I am an avid supporter as ever..
My favourite all time great is still Colin Bell but Silva and De Bruyne run him very close.
Although last season.was in the end a bit disappointing I still have faith in Pep that he deliver us our holy grail which is the Champions league.
Let's hope we get another couple of quality players in before the restart then we can.mount a serious assault on regaining our title and then break our Chamions league hoodoo.
Best wishes to you all and I look forward to some good debate and banter over the coming months and years...CTID !!!!!
Goater48
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: De Bruyne

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Goater48 wrote:Hi fellow blues.
I've been a blue since the day I was born some 73 years ago..My dad and grandad before me were avid blues so I had no choice really.
I'm please to say I have kept the Milburn/City family tree going with both my sons and 4 grandchildren all blue boys and girls
Like all fans of my generation I have known more bad times than.bad but the last 10 years have more than made up for the years of suffering as a City fan since I attended my first match back in 1955.
I now live out in the sticks in Blackburn so I dont get to as many matches as I used to but I am an avid supporter as ever..
My favourite all time great is still Colin Bell but Silva and De Bruyne run him very close.
Although last season.was in the end a bit disappointing I still have faith in Pep that he deliver us our holy grail which is the Champions league.
Let's hope we get another couple of quality players in before the restart then we can.mount a serious assault on regaining our title and then break our Chamions league hoodoo.
Best wishes to you all and I look forward to some good debate and banter over the coming months and years...CTID !!!!!

Welcome on board our kid. Look forward to your, hopefully many, decent posts
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Goater48 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:13 pm

Cheers nottsblue..looking forward to many good debates with you!
Goater48
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:41 pm

Welcome to the board, would have thought the bell would be your username with him being your overall favourite. Goater is not a bad one though!!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:24 am

Welcome, good sir.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Goater48 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:54 pm

Wonderwall..Goater was a legend in his own.era..when we were struggling so he will always have a place in my heart especially when he nutmegged Barthes!!!
Goater48
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby ruralblue » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Nice to see someone new on the board. Welcome. It's gotten rather quiet round here of late but for knowledge, quality posters and banter it's the best City forum around.

Good introduction too.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:27 pm

Goater48 wrote:Wonderwall..Goater was a legend in his own.era..when we were struggling so he will always have a place in my heart especially when he nutmegged Barthes!!!

I'm the ONLY 'Goater' in this village!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Goater48 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:44 pm

Haha...feed the Goat etc etc
Goater48
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:59 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:Good day to all !!!
I'm a new member coming to you from the United States. I venture to Great Britain quite a bit when I get the chance. I became a Manchester City fan when everyone in the States were United fans. I didn't want to be part of the status quo and was in a pub in Manchester in 2013 and watched a City game.
I was so impressed with the control the City team had and they didn't seem like they all had huge egos. This really impressed me and I became a City fan that very day and I'm proud to say I'm a fan.

Welcome ragnorak, unfortunate username for a city forum. If your not aware, we call that lot from Salford... RAGS

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Goater48 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:55 pm

Ragnorak..please change that nickname!!!!
Goater48
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Jono197838 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:24 pm

Alright chaps I used to post on here a few years back and got locked out of my old profile is there any way of restoring my old profile onto this one?
My banner said banned and quick marched in a b and q esk style .
Jono197838
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big dave

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:33 pm

Jono197838 wrote:Alright chaps I used to post on here a few years back and got locked out of my old profile is there any way of restoring my old profile onto this one?

Any idea why you got banned? You'll have to wait for WW to swing by and see if he can/will reactivate your previous account.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:57 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Jono197838 wrote:Alright chaps I used to post on here a few years back and got locked out of my old profile is there any way of restoring my old profile onto this one?

Any idea why you got banned? You'll have to wait for WW to swing by and see if he can/will reactivate your previous account.

I might be wrong, but I don't think he was banned. He's saying that his old banner used to say it (in reference to his old profile Jono1978 (IIRC) who got kicked out of B&Q)
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:00 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Was sorted via a PM :P
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:55 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Ha don't think he's posted since :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:23 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Ha don't think he's posted since :lol:

Banned again? :D
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby willrowe99 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:09 pm

Hello,
I am student at Manchester Metropolitan University and for my third year undergraduate dissertation I am looking into the globalisation of football and its impact on fan culture.
I am looking to survey Manchester City Fans for this and wanted to ask for your help in completing my survey

https://mmu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/dissert ... d-football

Thanks,
Will Rowe
willrowe99
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Southampton
My favourite player is: James Ward-Prowse

Postby Stuckinthe70s » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:42 pm

alright blues glad to be on board for what looks like another epic season..ctid
Stuckinthe70s
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Dave Watson

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:30 pm

Stuckinthe70s wrote:alright blues glad to be on board for what looks like another epic season..ctid

Welcome Sit70

Tell us a little more about yourself? dont be shy we don't bite (fellow blues)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum