*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby Hammi66 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi my name is graham been supporting city since early 80's and was situated in the kippax (how i loved those days!) I have had many favourite players over the years too many to mention in a quick post coz ill feel bad if i leave any out lol. I live in walkden manchester and watching city at the moment is cool as i can also do it sober :p Still buzzing from yesterday as im sure we all will be for a long time :)
"We're not really here"
Hammi66
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgie Kinkladze

Postby charvet_wonderland » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:04 am

Either my post on the scum thread was not as good as I thought, or I posted it at the wrong time.

My avatar pic is genuine, unexpected, happened on the morning of 23/10/11. Thank god I downloaded ios5 - shortcut to camera app gave me evidence to back up my claims. The day just kept on getting crazier.

Born in St Mary's, handed to my dad, shown Maine Road out the window (within 2 mins of my birth). I've been to every game of note since then.

Always hated my dad. Not so much now.
charvet_wonderland
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester
My favourite player is: Leonard Shaun Goater

Postby kingkongdejong » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:07 am

Hi ,

I did used to be a member a while back but forgot all my log in details so hence this new name ''kingkongdejong'' My names Greg from Audenshaw been a City fan all my life ( 26 years on 15th Nov ) Its about time we have something to shout/gloat about I've followed City all over from the Prem to division 2 and back again. I have a little boy who's 4 who's a blue obviously and in his life he's already seen us lift an F.A cup ITS TOOK ME 25 YEARS !!! haha just on here to talk everything City and have a laugh I also have a mate who's been on here for a long time Danny Lewis aka Bingo
kingkongdejong
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Chinners » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:45 am

kingkongdejong wrote:Hi ,

I did used to be a member a while back but forgot all my log in details so hence this new name ''kingkongdejong'' My names Greg from Audenshaw been a City fan all my life ( 26 years on 15th Nov ) Its about time we have something to shout/gloat about I've followed City all over from the Prem to division 2 and back again. I have a little boy who's 4 who's a blue obviously and in his life he's already seen us lift an F.A cup ITS TOOK ME 25 YEARS !!! haha just on here to talk everything City and have a laugh I also have a mate who's been on here for a long time Danny Lewis aka Bingo

We know he's your mate we saw the video you kindly sent him.

Welcome Nigel
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby smj996c » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi My name is Simon Shaw Been lurking on here for a few months, I've been a season ticket holder for a few years ex north, main and kippax at MR and east stand lower and upper at ES finally found my home in the family stand with my kids.

I set up the Hyde OSC in 1995 (and have moved on) and probably know a few folks on the forum behind their internet 'stage names'...

Great forum ...I look forward to engaging...

Cheers, Simon
smj996c
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:39 pm

smj996c wrote:Hi My name is Simon Shaw Been lurking on here for a few months, I've been a season ticket holder for a few years ex north, main and kippax at MR and east stand lower and upper at ES finally found my home in the family stand with my kids.

I set up the Hyde OSC in 1995 (and have moved on) and probably know a few folks on the forum behind their internet 'stage names'...

Cheers, Simon

welcome mate :-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby the mystery illness » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:10 pm

hello everybody , been a lurker and reader for a while , getting bored of all the children on bluemoon , need some oaps i can relate to !!
the mystery illness
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: nigel de jong

Postby Dronny » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:24 am

the mystery illness wrote:hello everybody , been a lurker and reader for a while , getting bored of all the children on bluemoon , need some oaps i can relate to !!

Welcome aboard mate, you left these behind at the desk when you signed in............

Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:56 am

the mystery illness wrote:hello everybody , been a lurker and reader for a while , getting bored of all the children on bluemoon , need some oaps i can relate to !!

Yes, we do mark spelling here and try to avoid "does anyone know how to buy a ticket" or "I'm having 3 beers then leaving home" threads!

:-)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:12 am

smj996c wrote:Hi My name is Simon Shaw Been lurking on here for a few months, I've been a season ticket holder for a few years ex north, main and kippax at MR and east stand lower and upper at ES finally found my home in the family stand with my kids.

Cheers, Simon

Welcome aboard mate.

Love that avatar.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Chinners » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 am

Am I the only one that read his name as Simon Shaw Been? .... welcome anyway fella
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Patrick » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Horrorshow Groodies
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Well you will be OK here..Doug is 75 .John68 is currently missing in action but he actually founded Man City back in the year dot and Patrick is 69.. don't let his plastic surgery fool you...there are other [strike]senile[/strike] old folk around that you will get along with.
Cunts include OD..NQDP..to name but 2 of them.

If you need a help line on anything....call Slim.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Slim » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:31 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Well you will be OK here..Doug is 75 .John68 is currently missing in action but he actually founded Man City back in the year dot and Patrick is 69.. don't let his plastic surgery fool you...there are other [strike]senile[/strike] old folk around that you will get along with.
Cunts include OD..NQDP..to name but 2 of them.

If you need a help line on anything....call Slim.

Oh that's a cunt move, he might think you're serious.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mingchester Mingy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:08 pm

bigblue wrote:been posting on here since the start of the year but:

Grew up in the DC area (USA), and have loved/played this game all my life. Have been a fan of the Washington Warthogs (who went out of business) and DC United, but after studying abroad in Manchester during the 07/08 season, I became a fan of City. Basically the Uni I was going to offered 10£ tickets for all City home games (instead if 30£ to see the scum). Also so many people in America are rags simply because they won for all those years and I've always identified with the working class/underdog, so City was a natural fit. While I was over there went to a ton of games and had a great time (even if the team was about average in the league).

On of the most fun memories that I have from a game is playing Spurs at home: They thought that they scored, just for the goal to be ruled out. So for the remaining 30 mins of the game, City fans would spontaneously erupt into cheering to mock the Spurs fans. I think we won the game 2-1, but the crowd was almost as fun as what was on the field

Since I've come back I've kept up the love of City, especially because the MLS just doesn't get my fix for seeing top quality. I've had a good experience on the site (smaller community than Bluemoon creates better interactions), and am excited for the season ahead!

good to meet yall!

Welcome ! Blues fan from Southeastern Pennsylvania. Fellow United Hater. Your spot on with the MLS. Ive been to 5 or 6 Union games and they just lack the product on the field and the crowd interaction. Great tailgating , but other than that....its no EPL.
Mingchester Mingy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby steveo_88 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:53 pm

Debut goal, nice one Scapuzzi.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby steveo_88 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Anyone warming up?
South Stand Blue

steveo_88

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby sunshine » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi Guys n' Gals,

Im half leathered after watching watching wolves. I'm fairly new member although ive been reading for years. Im a long in the tooth blue and can remember my first ever game because I got my first scarf given to me and nicked at the game on the same day (im 44 now and I was about 13 at the time with my old man) I am a season ticket holder whilst I can still afford it (not sure how long that will last but its worth it).

Anyway, waffle over, I wanted to create a topic about what bobby said tonight about johnno ("adam can do better because he has everything, but sometimes, he forgets this") Wanted to know what everyone else thinks about this, personally, im 100% with him; I think johnno is a great talent (looked a bit unfit recently???) who does about 50 minutes normally and sits on his laurels a bit, he puts in a ew good spells during a game I think and then sits back a bit and thinks hes done enough. tonight was a bit different as he seemed a bit more determined, but, im with bobby, he can do better and just like hes done with magic mario, he should push him to improve and realise his potential.

wadya reckon ?

Please can someone either raise this post for me or tell me how to :)

thanks.

I am a bit pissed, so if its obvious, sorry :)
sunshine
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: wtf
My favourite player is: dickov

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:21 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Also, Carl is in his mid-late 40s
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby i hate everything » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi

I'm in my 40's, have been watching City since the 76 cup final.

I'm not allowed to post yet, but I have a question whose shelf-life is short.

Watching the replay of MOYTD2 last night for the billionth time, and I notice that when Balotelli is substituted he walks up the steps to his seat. The Utd fans are right next to him and some fat bloke in a turban makes some remark, and Balotelli looks over his shoulder and, eyebrows raised, issues a withering put-down. Zabaleta can be seen pissing himself at this.

WHAT DID MARIO SAY ?

Any lipreaders would be much appreciated.
i hate everything
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum