*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby IBLEEDBLUE » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:10 pm

I should have explained myself better.
Thought I could create a new thread right away.

Just had some city related shirts printed. They'll be sold at 'ibleedblue.co.uk' in the next few weeks.

Have a gander at the first six shirts here:
http://i.imgur.com/5WsN5.jpg

Any one who wants to win a shirt of their choice should P.M me and they will be entered into a raffle.
IBLEEDBLUE
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mancity dan » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:31 am

Been a member of Bluemoon for about 3 years now as could get that at work, I no longer can get that at work so have come on here. Blue through and through (nurses actually knitted me a city cardigan for when I was born in June 1981). Stuck through city through thin and thinner and always kept the faith.... CTWD
mancity dan
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Big Vinnie

Postby King Kev » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:37 am

mancity dan wrote:Been a member of Bluemoon for about 3 years now as could get that at work, I no longer can get that at work so have come on here. Blue through and through (nurses actually knitted me a city cardigan for when I was born in June 1981). Stuck through city through thin and thinner and always kept the faith.... CTWD

Welcome aboard mate. If work block this site too remember that we have Apps available so you can still read and post using your phone.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby mancity dan » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:39 am

Thanks KK, I will look those up as well. :o)
mancity dan
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Big Vinnie

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:00 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:I'm lurking on this site far too much for my own good. Sometimes it feels like I know some of you guys more than my friends. Which is sick. Just sick. I try to post from time to time but I'm not that bright and actually enjoy just following the soap that is mancityfans.net. Some of you guys take this site and especially yourselves far too serious but that is also what makes the site fun to visit.

Cityger is one of the smartest people on this site, which is strange, because you dont want him to be. Carl is one of the funniest, although this whole "I am a cunt therefore I am"-routine is a bit dull. Slim's detoriated into a parody of his sarcastic self and I do not know how many friends NQDP has made up to strengthen his position in various arguments. Probably a thousand by now. BiB is a living proof that intelligence and IQ does not nececarilly match and PBL is just redecilous. Arjan should post more.

This post became more of a "me and mancityfans" post but then again, I have not got near enough as good stories about my citysupport as some of you guys have. I started following City at the same time I started following football, about 2006. I've always liked underdogs with big hearts but I never loved one like i do with City. I managed to get a ticket to the Wembley final and what I liked the most was the time after the celebrations. Seeing all of these old guys (and some women) walking out with tears in their eyes and beaming with bliss was one of the best moments in my life. Sometimes there is... I dont know.... divine justice. These guys spent so many years watching shit and getting snidy remarks by their retarted scum mates but in the end it paid off. That feeling.... I dont know... Im just envious. I caught on too late.

I think it says alot about the big egos on this site that this thread is mostly filled with old posters with thousands of posts under their belt.

Good post, and I think you should post more, never-mind Arjan.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby halnone » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:57 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:I'm lurking on this site far too much for my own good. Sometimes it feels like I know some of you guys more than my friends. Which is sick. Just sick. I try to post from time to time but I'm not that bright and actually enjoy just following the soap that is mancityfans.net. Some of you guys take this site and especially yourselves far too serious but that is also what makes the site fun to visit.

Cityger is one of the smartest people on this site, which is strange, because you dont want him to be. Carl is one of the funniest, although this whole "I am a cunt therefore I am"-routine is a bit dull. Slim's detoriated into a parody of his sarcastic self and I do not know how many friends NQDP has made up to strengthen his position in various arguments. Probably a thousand by now. BiB is a living proof that intelligence and IQ does not nececarilly match and PBL is just redecilous. Arjan should post more.

This post became more of a "me and mancityfans" post but then again, I have not got near enough as good stories about my citysupport as some of you guys have. I started following City at the same time I started following football, about 2006. I've always liked underdogs with big hearts but I never loved one like i do with City. I managed to get a ticket to the Wembley final and what I liked the most was the time after the celebrations. Seeing all of these old guys (and some women) walking out with tears in their eyes and beaming with bliss was one of the best moments in my life. Sometimes there is... I dont know.... divine justice. These guys spent so many years watching shit and getting snidy remarks by their retarted scum mates but in the end it paid off. That feeling.... I dont know... Im just envious. I caught on too late.

I think it says alot about the big egos on this site that this thread is mostly filled with old posters with thousands of posts under their belt.

great post :)
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PrezIke » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:47 pm

yank here from, and living in new york city, who came to loathe u****d and their front running supporters over the years. naturally, i became interested in city as my club.

a friend of mine is also a life long city supporter and was someone who also influenced my interest.

been following football since the world cup came here in 1994, and eventually led to my complete conversion to the sport, that erased years of support for baseball which i basically could care less about now.

it's great to be on a forum with such dedicated and knowledgeable city fans, because i can't exactly say that there are too many blues here in nyc, as most are supporters of the usual big name clubs.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby anderman » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:04 pm

hi guys, i'm a long time lurker, must admit i fell out of love with city for a very long time, just started going again and just had to comment about the support yesterday at blackburn, my first away game since watching us lose there in 92 i think. Utterly brilliant atmosphere, made me so proud to be blue, but my god it was hot on that second tier, anyway here to many more away days!!!
anderman
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: uwe rosler

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:00 pm

anderman wrote:hi guys, i'm a long time lurker, must admit i fell out of love with city for a very long time, just started going again and just had to comment about the support yesterday at blackburn, my first away game since watching us lose there in 92 i think. Utterly brilliant atmosphere, made me so proud to be blue, but my god it was hot on that second tier, anyway here to many more away days!!!

Glory Hunter!

Welcome all ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby anderman » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:57 am

And bloody proud of it :-)
anderman
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: uwe rosler

Postby Dgray77 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:35 am

I have just registered for the site and was looking for a wee bit of advice re transport to & from the stadium and the proximity to the city centre. I have ordered two tickets for the Villareal game for myself and my 5 year old son. He is City daft so hyper about getting to see them. We are travelling down on the train from Glasgow and staying in the Days Hotel in the city centre. I have been to the stadium twice before but cant remember how far it was from the centre to the stadium.

Hopefully you guys can help with the following - Is it too far to walk with a 5 year old? If public transport can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this? Is it really difficult (busy) after the game to catch public transport back to the centre? And finally and most importantly where is the best boozer near the ground I can get into for a beer where they are happy having kids in?

Sorry for so many questions just want to be organised with having the wee man with me.

Cheers and look forward to cheering on City.
Dgray77
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Rangers, man city

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:52 am

Dgray77 wrote:Hopefully you guys can help with the following - Is it too far to walk with a 5 year old? If public transport can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this? Is it really difficult (busy) after the game to catch public transport back to the centre? And finally and most importantly where is the best boozer near the ground I can get into for a beer where they are happy having kids in?

Probably too far for a 5 year old to walk back from the game- you'll be leaving the ground around 10pm, and it could be pretty cold.

I've caught buses back from night games to the centre without any hassle/waiting before, but that was 3-4 years ago, last time. Don't know whether things have changed since what with redevelopment, etc.

Pubs- not too sure. Most on here go to the Townley, but I don't know what their child policy is like. If they're not happy, it's probably best having a few jars in the centre beforehand, near Piccadilly.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Dgray77 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:30 am

Probably too far for a 5 year old to walk back from the game- you'll be leaving the ground around 10pm, and it could be pretty cold.

I've caught buses back from night games to the centre without any hassle/waiting before, but that was 3-4 years ago, last time. Don't know whether things have changed since what with redevelopment, etc.

Pubs- not too sure. Most on here go to the Townley, but I don't know what their child policy is like. If they're not happy, it's probably best having a few jars in the centre beforehand, near Piccadilly.

Thanks for quick reply and info blue in bosnia. Cheers
Dgray77
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby mr_nool » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:42 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Dgray77 wrote:Hopefully you guys can help with the following - Is it too far to walk with a 5 year old? If public transport can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this? Is it really difficult (busy) after the game to catch public transport back to the centre? And finally and most importantly where is the best boozer near the ground I can get into for a beer where they are happy having kids in?

I've had drinks with both Eoin and Tommy in the Townley, so they don't seem to fuzzed about kids drinking. But serving 5 year olds might be pushing it ...

Regarding buses, 216 and 217 go from Piccadilly Gardens (City centre) to Eastlands. There are match day buses going back to Piccadilly after the game. They always seem to be packed, though, which is why I've always opted for walking or taking a cab.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:48 am

You make subtle slagging-off an art form. Brilliant!
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Dgray77 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:12 pm

mr_nool wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

I've had drinks with both Eoin and Tommy in the Townley, so they don't seem to fuzzed about kids drinking. But serving 5 year olds might be pushing it ...

Regarding buses, 216 and 217 go from Piccadilly Gardens (City centre) to Eastlands. There are match day buses going back to Piccadilly after the game. They always seem to be packed, though, which is why I've always opted for walking or taking a cab.

Haha as long as I keep him on the shandies I should b ok hopefully. I was down at the Manchester derby last year and pretty sure I was in that pub that day. Thanks for the info re the bus numbers, maybe get the bus up early and jump in a taxi after the game.
Dgray77
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Terry Cookes nose » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:02 pm

swedish. 30 years old. Father of a 2 week year old son, who already owns his first city shirt
been supporting city since andy dibble
Still upset about losing my 98/99 season VHS while drunk at University some 8 years ago.
If anyone have it on xvid for download, I will be extremely grateful.
Terry Cookes nose
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby King Kev » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:39 pm

Terry Cookes nose wrote:Still upset about losing my 98/99 season VHS while drunk at University some 8 years ago.

I've got it on VHS, you can have it for the price of the p&p if you like?

Welcome aboard by the way.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:54 am

Terry Cookes nose wrote:swedish. 30 years old. Father of a 2 week year old son, who already owns his first city shirt
been supporting city since andy dibble
Still upset about losing my 98/99 season VHS while drunk at University some 8 years ago.

I got that as well. Unfortunately don't have slightest clue how to upload shit like that.

Welcome aboard mate. I got six months old (yesterday!) lad as well.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dendza » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:01 am

My name is Denis and I'm from Bosnia, although I live in Canada.

My favorite player is Dzeko and the player's that I hate the most are: nani, c.ronaldo, carvalho, simao, tevez..

Thats all :-)
Dendza
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Barcelona, Man.City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum