*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Slim wrote:Hi, my name is Slim and I'm a Manchester fan for the last 4 years since I saw us win things. Winning is great and I am very upset we didn't win anything this season, but I have a lot of patience so Manchester has another season before I go and support Chelsea Soccer Club because they have Morinho who is the greatest coach to ever play the game. Unless Peregino wins this season and then he is the greatest.

I am hoping this season we can buy some new world class players for our roster, what do you think about signing Rooney? He's tops and barely looks like Shrek at all.

100% with you. No trophies by September and I'm off in search of history at Notts County. Come on you-any-colour-that -wins.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:46 pm

beaversforgoalposts wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
beaversforgoalposts wrote:I just realised I didn't introduce myself when I first joined here.

Apologies.

Hello.

The basic things you need to know;

Likes (apart from City obviously)
Porcupine Tree
Game of Thrones
Cycling
Lancashire CCC
Sale Sharks

Dislikes (apart from Rags obviously)
Right wing swivel eyed loons
Any music my children like
Yorkshire
Australians
Australians who play for Yorkshire with right wing tendencies who listen to rap

What is there to dislike about Yorkshire? Am most intrigued expand and explain please if you will. Cheers

1. It's not Lancashire

2, Geoff Boycott

3. Fred Trueman

4. Leeds United

5. South Yorkshire Police

thats a sound list, before he even works out that you're a cunt rural ;0)
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:12 pm

beaversforgoalposts wrote:Likes (apart from City obviously)
Porcupine Tree

Good call. Early or late? Or mid even (Stupid Dream/Lightbulb)?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:00 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:well we don't have the rags, Liverpool and everton in Yorkshire, which is why living in Yorkshire a good thing, and Yorkshire won the cricket last year

It gets even better Steve.

Big Fat Pickled Eric (a.k.a. Eric Pickles, the Tory MP and former leader of Bradford Council) washed his hands of Yorkshire when he 'emigrated' to live in Essex, so we don't have to put up with his odious personage in God's own County anymore.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby beaversforgoalposts » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:23 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
beaversforgoalposts wrote:Likes (apart from City obviously)
Porcupine Tree

Good call. Early or late? Or mid even (Stupid Dream/Lightbulb)?

Last 10 years but then again I haven't finished the back catalogue yet.

Love Steve Wilson's solo stuff too.

Saw him At Bridgewater Hall a couple of months ago and seeing him again at the Apollo in January.
beaversforgoalposts
Negouai's Red Cards

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:11 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
stevefromdonny wrote:well we don't have the rags, Liverpool and everton in Yorkshire, which is why living in Yorkshire a good thing, and Yorkshire won the cricket last year

It gets even better Steve.

Big Fat Pickled Eric (a.k.a. Eric Pickles, the Tory MP and former leader of Bradford Council) washed his hands of Yorkshire when he 'emigrated' to live in Essex, so we don't have to put up with his odious personage in God's own County anymore.

I still blame him for the poor state of the roads in West Yorkshire. At least he's stressing the tarmac somewhere else these days.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby prad » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:22 pm

Hi All,
I'm doing my Masters in Marketing in the University Of Manchester and currently working on my dissertation on sports sponsorship.I would be grateful if you could fill in this short survey for my dissertation. I have over 200 samples to collect so i do hope you guys can help me out on this. This survey is suitable for all City supporters. Thank you in advance!
http://mbs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/S ... Hl2TwLiMLj
prad
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Lille FC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:45 pm

prad wrote:Hi All,
I'm doing my Masters in Marketing in the University Of Manchester and currently working on my dissertation on sports sponsorship.I would be grateful if you could fill in this short survey for my dissertation. I have over 200 samples to collect so i do hope you guys can help me out on this. This survey is suitable for all City supporters. Thank you in advance!

you lost me on all the rag questions
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby steelsnail » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:15 pm

I don't do rag questions ...so waste of time .
steelsnail
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: Zabs

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:22 pm

prad wrote:Hi All,

I've done it.

I wish you all the best of luck, but let me make a comment if I can.

I wouldn't drink Singha beer because I wouldn't know where to buy it and have other brands that I'm perfectly happy with. However I would consider buying an LG TV because I know they make decent quality kit and I'm In the market for a telly

Neither of these are related to my support of Manchester City in any way shape or form. Indeed LG is a global electronics firm with many product lines and ha been first to market with several technologies, such as passive 3d. Singha make beer.......which one do you think most people will have the best brand awareness/likelihood to consider in the future?

I'd just as equally buy a Samsung TV even though they sponsored Chelsea recently. My last TV was made by Sony, because it was a good TV, not because they sponsor the champions league

If you are connecting the likelihood of using the product with what I see advertised at the ground, the questions asked are not specific enough or positioned in a way as to show any degree of causation (because you haven't ruled out other influences).

Take or leave that feedback however you want, but be careful the inferences you draw from the data you get in. Personally I'd suggest from experience you are going to end up with a highly inconclusive set of data for all the reasons above

Good luck if you're a blue.If you're a rag, go fuck yourself ;0)
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:37 pm

Hey all

Posted one of these before but as I don't post much thought would again. Based in Birmingham and looking at setting up a Supporters Club. Think they looked at one for West Midlands but I think that area is too big. Anyway, I live near a shit area called Erdington not far from Villa's ground and if anyone interested in Supporters club let me know.
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:50 pm

30yeargloryhunter wrote:Hey all

Posted one of these before but as I don't post much thought would again. Based in Birmingham and looking at setting up a Supporters Club. Think they looked at one for West Midlands but I think that area is too big. Anyway, I live near a shit area called Erdington not far from Villa's ground and if anyone interested in Supporters club let me know.

Assume you'll be winding up the locals this weekend and at work next week.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:10 am

I'm a teacher so instead I will be relaxing for next seven weeks wasting time reading transfer gossip. To be fair Villa fans are pretty realistic and remind me of us back in the day. Don't take piss too much as when club treading water and anytime get a half decent player they have to sell its an open goal. Prefer take piss out of ridiculous rags around here
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: silva

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:49 am

30yeargloryhunter wrote:Hey all

if its travel you want some you could jump on a bus

M40 BLUES
LEICESTER/RUGBY
GLOUCESTER/CHELTEHAM
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Tim777 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:37 pm

Hey fellow fans!

Been posting on here for a while, but I thought let me take the initiative to introduce myself properly (finally) here in this thread since I try not let my rudeness linger on for more than three years (a rule which, if you were insightful enough, would realise that I just came up with now) so you could get a clearer picture into exactly how charming/awesome/goofballic/messed-up I really am.

Born and bred in Durban, South Africa, the 2nd of four siblings, I matriculated (graduated, for US and UK fans) in 1987. I was the quiet, studious, humble, unassuming but wise-cracking kid who got along with most, but who wouldn’t really care to give the teacher an apple but let my results do the talking. My way of strategically keeping both sides of the academic fence at bay. My latter school years were quite tumultuous in that there were a lot of political demonstrations & showdowns, and endless stay-away protests by students in the dying apartheid years, which I tried to shy away from, despite being unceremoniously sprayed with “purple rain” (a teargas concoction) during one particularly nasty altercation between students and the military police, or “casspirs” as we used to call them.

I became more outgoing despite maintaining my innate introspectiveness in my varsity years that followed. I eventually completed my BA degree in the required three years, but in between, on campus, I got heavily involved in a lot in extra-mural activities, from student representative council member to soccer, often a lot of indoor-soccer (ok, football) to campus radio DJ slot to falling in love with the angel whom I eventually married, after a string of serendipitous events that eventually led us to each other. We have a daughter who is in her early teens - I lost my son last year. I work for a leading insurance company.

Phew, a lot of personal info, I know. Ok: why City? Well, I used to listen to a lot of verbal slinging matches between my brother, Loserpool fan, and my Rag step-dad in the 90s and 2000s while nonchalantly following my cricket (my hero: Lance Klusener with his legendary sixes) and mainly local soccerfootball with the likes of Chiefs, Pirates, Wits, Amazulu and *Sundowns.

So I said, hold up guys, let me join the fray of these English football shenanigans - I considered Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Spurs and even Blackburn, but I could never make up my mind completely, and being a natural champion of the underdog, I eventually settled for Everton, albeit reluctantly, mainly because of Steven Pienaar; while, I confess, I quietly admired City but knew I’d be slated at the time if I even dared to mention the “noisy neighbours” from the “wrong side of the track”, and very much hoped that they would break away from the psychological stranglehold of the “bully-boys”.

Call me a glory hunter if you wish, I couldn’t give a glorious phuck on a dreary rainy Sunday afternoon, but I boldly declared my allegiance to City, and told bro and s-dad during the 2008 take-over, watch, we are the new bosses in town - deal with it. I have since researched and learned a lot more about our history and I can confidently say that I am a proud supporter who has “imprinted” on City, as my daughter would say, and I can never see myself imprinting on another club even if the Sheik were to ever kick us to the curb.

I enjoy tremendously being a part of this forum because, to be honest, I “don’t get” Blue Moon, and I look forward to developing closer camaraderie-ism (is that a word, no?) and getting a lot more perspective from the wacky/brilliant/cool members on here. My ultimate dream would be to attend a match at the Etihad Stadium before I kick the bucket, although I did get to see the boys in the flesh when they were down here recently for their friendly with Amazulu at the Moses Mabhida Stadium in 2013.

PS. My Word document spell-check highlighted “Etihad” and suggested etched and ethical, among other possibilities, so there you have it.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby Dunnylad » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:18 am

Hi Tim what an interesting story and thank you for taking the time to write it. It is really interesting as you cover what it means to be a City fan for those who weren't born into a lineage of City supporting families. I hope your dream of seeing City at the Etihad comes to fruition. :)
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:21 am

Great ramble Tim. Interesting also that you write your posts on MS Word first, some others should follow your lead - although I think even Microsoft would draw a blank on some of the inane shite that gets posted on here from time to time.

I think when the phrase gloryhunter is bandied about, it should be reserved for those who only got interested after we actually became good and won shit. It's one thing to see potential when one of the worlds richest men buy a football club, but rich people buy football clubs all the time and 99% of the time it doesn't work out. It's another thing entirely to stick with it for the 3 years it actually took us to win something, which included (in my opinion) one of the most embarrassing run of results I remember leaving us in the bottom 3 on xmas day 2008 under Hughes.

Above all that though, is the fact that in the context of our lives, football really doesn't matter a jot in the big scheme of things when you lose a child. My heart goes out to you and your family, and I hope in some way, no matter how small, that City can continue to make you happy despite everything.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Tim777 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:09 pm

Many thanks ;)
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:54 pm

Welcome fuuuuckeeeeerrs!

I'm Wayne and I'm an alcoholic City-holic.

Hic
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:10 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Welcome fuuuuckeeeeerrs!

I'm Wayne and I'm an alcoholic City-holic.

Hic

Fuck off rag.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum