*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby mob_martin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:37 am

Hi guys!

New member here .. Looking for some help with drawing a list of potential participants for an official manchester city fan film piece .. Look forward to getting to know everybody!

P.S I want to post a thread about the above .. Do I need a certain amount of posts before I can have access to this feature?

Cheers
mob_martin
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:00 pm

mob_martin wrote:Hi guys!

New member here .. Looking for some help with drawing a list of potential participants for an official manchester city fan film piece .. Look forward to getting to know everybody!

P.S I want to post a thread about the above .. Do I need a certain amount of posts before I can have access to this feature?

Cheers

Hi there. I have put a post up for you. We like to see how posters communicate before affording privileges like starting new topics as we have had many spammers in the past.

Thanks
WW
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Kyle » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:27 pm

Hello again everyone. It has been a long time (2010!) since I have posted on the forum, so I figured since so much has changed it is best to introduce myself again. My name is Kyle, and I am currently living in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, although originally from the United States. Obviously I am a City fan, which brings me back to this site. Life has been crazy, and reading this site fell off my radar. After watching the friendly today, I was overwhelmed with nostalgia thinking about all of the great posts I have read on this site, and figured I would give it another go. From all of the forums I have read related to City, I must say this is both the most entertaining and informative, you lads do great work. I have especially missed reading Douglas' reports as well as keeping up with the match day threads. As for City, my favorite current player is Vinny, and favorite all time player is either NDJ or Ireland.

Can't wait to get back into the mix!
Kyle
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby dazby » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:29 am

Welcome back mate.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:02 am

Kyle wrote:Hello again everyone. It has been a long time (2010!) since I have posted on the forum, so I figured since so much has changed it is best to introduce myself again. My name is Kyle, and I am currently living in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, although originally from the United States. Obviously I am a City fan, which brings me back to this site. Life has been crazy, and reading this site fell off my radar. After watching the friendly today, I was overwhelmed with nostalgia thinking about all of the great posts I have read on this site, and figured I would give it another go. From all of the forums I have read related to City, I must say this is both the most entertaining and informative, you lads do great work. I have especially missed reading Douglas' reports as well as keeping up with the match day threads. As for City, my favorite current player is Vinny, and favorite all time player is either NDJ or Ireland.

Kyle

Welcome back Kyle, nice to see an old poster return. Sounds like a lot has happened in the last 6 years
Wonderwall

Postby Kyle » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:52 pm

Cheers guys. Glad to be back. Hope all is well with you both!
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby HailNerdQueen » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:29 pm

Kyle wrote:Hello again everyone. It has been a long time (2010!) since I have posted on the forum, so I figured since so much has changed it is best to introduce myself again. My name is Kyle, and I am currently living in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, although originally from the United States. Obviously I am a City fan, which brings me back to this site. Life has been crazy, and reading this site fell off my radar. After watching the friendly today, I was overwhelmed with nostalgia thinking about all of the great posts I have read on this site, and figured I would give it another go. From all of the forums I have read related to City, I must say this is both the most entertaining and informative, you lads do great work. I have especially missed reading Douglas' reports as well as keeping up with the match day threads. As for City, my favorite current player is Vinny, and favorite all time player is either NDJ or Ireland.

Kyle

Welcome back, and nice to meet ya!
I'm from the U.S. as well, what took you to Ethiopia?
Hope you enjoy your return, I'm sure there are folks still on from when you last were active
maybe they'll poke they're heads in and you can catch up :)
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby Persona » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:12 am

Hey everyone! I've been a City fan since the first year Thaksin Shinawatra was owner of the team(it's nearly been 10 years, huh? Time flies!) I was a member on the "other" Manchester City forum but that place is a mad house, so my search for a smaller, more personable community led me here!

I'm looking forward to talking with you all and here's to a great season!
Persona
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:36 am

Persona wrote:Hey everyone! I've been a City fan since the first year Thaksin Shinawatra was owner of the team(it's nearly been 10 years, huh? Time flies!) I was a member on the "other" Manchester City forum but that place is a mad house, so my search for a smaller, more personable community led me here!

Welcome
Wonderwall

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:21 am

Persona wrote:Hey everyone! I've been a City fan since the first year Thaksin Shinawatra was owner of the team(it's nearly been 10 years, huh? Time flies!) I was a member on the "other" Manchester City forum but that place is a mad house, so my search for a smaller,more personable community led me here!

personable? you're having a fucking laugh??

welcome btw
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby ManCitySquare » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:31 pm

Hello, my name is Nathan Reynolds, I'm with FanSided Soccer. They are looking for more writers for our MCFC site http://www.ManCitySquare.com, and I was wondering if anyone on here would like to join the team, or is looking to get sports writing experience. If you feel free to reach out on here, or via our twitter account @ManCitySquare. Thanks.
ManCitySquare
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:42 pm

ManCitySquare wrote:Hello, my name is Nathan Reynolds, I'm with FanSided Soccer. They are looking for more writers for our MCFC site http://www.ManCitySquare.com, and I was wondering if anyone on here would like to join the team, or is looking to get sports writing experience. If you feel free to reach out on here, or via our twitter account @ManCitySquare. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum but please make sure this is the only advertisement you place in any of our threads, otherwise your stay could prove short.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ManCitySquare » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:45 pm

Ok, thanks!
ManCitySquare
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Brightwell's Brother » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:42 pm

Hey folks.

Thought I'd give this place a whirl

Blue since '89 here. Times are good, the best we've known.

Take it easy and hope for decent, City chat on a level a certain other forum can't provide.

BB
Brightwell's Brother
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: David White

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:00 pm

Brightwell's Brother wrote:Hey folks.

Thought I'd give this place a whirl

Blue since '89 here. Times are good, the best we've known.

Take it easy and hope for decent, City chat on a level a certain other forum can't provide.

BB

Welcome on board mate.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Evenmydoghatesunited » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:13 am

Hi there,

Not been on for ages. But seemed to remember my handle and pw ok. 53, live Macclesfield a season ticket holder for 30 years til move to Etihad and after a year gave it up. Miss Maine Rd something dhronic still.

Had same seat in Main Stand for years and years row M and knew all the same faces to chat with. Friend moved away and so started going on my own which was ok but not the same. When we moved stadium I was cut adrift from old faces and bit of a solitary business catching train in on your own, walking up to ground etc etc. Miss the pubs too.

Anyway thought Id say hello and see how the site was doing.

Bill
Evenmydoghatesunited
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: Franny Lee

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:22 am

Evenmydoghatesunited wrote:Hi there,

Not been on for ages. But seemed to remember my handle and pw ok. 53, live Macclesfield a season ticket holder for 30 years til move to Etihad and after a year gave it up. Miss Maine Rd something dhronic still.

Had same seat in Main Stand for years and years row M and knew all the same faces to chat with. Friend moved away and so started going on my own which was ok but not the same. When we moved stadium I was cut adrift from old faces and bit of a solitary business catching train in on your own, walking up to ground etc etc. Miss the pubs too.

Anyway thought Id say hello and see how the site was doing.

Bill

Welcome back bill. Do you still get to any games?
Wonderwall

Postby Evenmydoghatesunited » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:15 am

Hi Bill nice to see yoi
Evenmydoghatesunited
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: Franny Lee

Postby newcastlecityzens » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi. My name's Mar from Newcastle Australia. I keen to start a supporters group for my area. Have a look at my FB page, Newcastle Cityzens, and tell me what you think. Im a big EPL fan as well as aussie rules (AFL).
newcastlecityzens
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:36 pm

newcastlecityzens wrote:Hi. My name's Mar from Newcastle Australia. I keen to start a supporters group for my area. Have a look at my FB page, Newcastle Cityzens, and tell me what you think. Im a big EPL fan as well as aussie rules (AFL).

Plenty of people from Oz on the forum. Welcome
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum