*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby Blue in the face » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:28 pm

ronk wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Being Blue in Dublin seems to be bit of "I'm the only gay in the village" affair. They all claim there are no Blues in Dublin yet this site is filled with people from Dublin.

We're all on here because we can't find local blues.

Im in Dublin next week. Anywhere good to watch the Birmingham match with fellow blues (old or new)?
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Blue In Bolton » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:09 pm

Hiya Lads. Just thought I'd introduce myself as I rarely post but enjoy the website all the same. Obviously living in Bolton and been a fan all my life. Hardly get to games any more unfortunately as raising a family kind of drains the old wallet but hope to get to a couple of matches this season. Many fantastic memories going to matches (Some not so great!!) such as Bob Brightwell leathering it in at the Theatre of Shite for a well deserved equalizer, The Maine Road Massacre, Bradford Away '89 and loads of others. Had to watch the Cup Final at a Pontins in North Wales last season surrounded by Stoke fans and after giving it plenty of vocal support and hugging my daughters like crazy when Yaya scored My missus had to ask if I was alright as I sat there numb at the end and kept repeating "I can't believe it !!" There was nearly a doctor called as she thought I had had some sort of breakdown and she had not expected that reaction at all !! After a short while I returned to normal and celebrated like usual after a win.

Anyway, all the best lads and on for another fanatstic season watching the Blues.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby bigblue » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:48 pm

been posting on here since the start of the year but:

Grew up in the DC area (USA), and have loved/played this game all my life. Have been a fan of the Washington Warthogs (who went out of business) and DC United, but after studying abroad in Manchester during the 07/08 season, I became a fan of City. Basically the Uni I was going to offered 10£ tickets for all City home games (instead if 30£ to see the scum). Also so many people in America are rags simply because they won for all those years and I've always identified with the working class/underdog, so City was a natural fit. While I was over there went to a ton of games and had a great time (even if the team was about average in the league).

On of the most fun memories that I have from a game is playing Spurs at home: They thought that they scored, just for the goal to be ruled out. So for the remaining 30 mins of the game, City fans would spontaneously erupt into cheering to mock the Spurs fans. I think we won the game 2-1, but the crowd was almost as fun as what was on the field

Since I've come back I've kept up the love of City, especially because the MLS just doesn't get my fix for seeing top quality. I've had a good experience on the site (smaller community than Bluemoon creates better interactions), and am excited for the season ahead!

good to meet yall!
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby The Foggy Blue » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:18 am

ronk wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Being Blue in Dublin seems to be bit of "I'm the only gay in the village" affair. They all claim there are no Blues in Dublin yet this site is filled with people from Dublin.

We're all on here because we can't find local blues.

Any time I say I'm blue, I'm told I'm the first one they've met.

Plenty of City lurkers in Dublin alright.
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Born2x » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:58 am

Became a fan when City came to LA. Wow-what a team!
Born2x
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Dzeko

Postby Ptinucci » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:34 am

Hey city fans,
My name is Patrick, i've been a city fan for about 5 years now. Im new to the site, this is my first time every posting. I live in colorado, in the united states. I fell in love with the club the first time i ever watched them play, it was against united when we won 1-0 at home in '07 i think it was. Its hard to be a city fan in the states, everyone here is a bunch of band wagen scum fans who only support the team they see winning on the tv. I'm one of the only city fans i know and I'm constantly having to put up with seeing these scum fans wearing their red jerseys who don't know the first thing about football. Everyone talks shit about city but they don't know what its like to support a club through its hard times, i wear my city jersey proud, its finally our time. Its difficult to watch city play here because there are only a few channels that play football so i have to watch all the games online. I finally joined the site because there is no one here in the states to talk about city with, just thought you might like to know what its like to be a city fan in america.

Cheers.
Ptinucci
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Hart

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:46 am

Boys, we got fair few Blues based in America around here as well.

Welcome aboard everyone.

P.s. Paddy, this topic was fine idea.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby King Kev » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:47 am

Ptinucci wrote:Hey city fans,
My name is Patrick, i've been a city fan for about 5 years now. Im new to the site, this is my first time every posting. I live in colorado, in the united states. I fell in love with the club the first time i ever watched them play, it was against united when we won 1-0 at home in '07 i think it was. Its hard to be a city fan in the states, everyone here is a bunch of band wagen scum fans who only support the team they see winning on the tv. I'm one of the only city fans i know and I'm constantly having to put up with seeing these scum fans wearing their red jerseys who don't know the first thing about football. Everyone talks shit about city but they don't know what its like to support a club through its hard times, i wear my city jersey proud, its finally our time. Its difficult to watch city play here because there are only a few channels that play football so i have to watch all the games online. I finally joined the site because there is no one here in the states to talk about city with, just thought you might like to know what its like to be a city fan in america.

Cheers.

Welcome along mate, there are quite a few people on here who are based in the U.S. as you have probably seen.

It's interesting that you say "Everyone talks shit about city" because not so long ago a lot of people over there hadn't even heard of City. I suppose that's progress of sorts!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:01 pm

I see there are a few more registered and lurking in the shadows, I wonder if we'll hear anything from them. You know who you are ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Lee, I hope they fucking hate us, I hope they spit fucking venom for months and despise the very ground we walk on.

Every win will be a knife to the throat and every cup will be a money shot in the eye.

Fuck em the pissin wankstains.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Slim wrote:Lee, I hope they fucking hate us, I hope they spit fucking venom for months and despise the very ground we walk on.

Every win will be a knife to the throat and every cup will be a money shot in the eye.

are you sure you got the right thread?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:Lee, I hope they fucking hate us, I hope they spit fucking venom for months and despise the very ground we walk on.

are you sure you got the right thread?

I care not for your confusing word games.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PALUS » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Ok I guess, although a little more than half a year here I m new, although many of you know me the older members who are regular here. Short version I've always loved City primarily because I've always hated utd.but when I met 4 years ago one of my best friends, you know it as the Blue in Bosnia on a British man who is actually working in Bosnia a crazy guy who never take off shirt City.i start myself more to watch and love the City and he my national team.I remember that we dreamed of and discussed, while DZeko winner in Germany to be good to go in City.So to make a short story i watch only City and Bosnia standing on my feet all game .Thanks many older members of the hospitality and help and I hope that we will fuck rags this year....LOVE CITY
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”
PALUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Edin DZeko

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:05 pm

PALUS wrote:Ok I guess, although a little more than half a year here I m new, although many of you know me the older members who are regular here. Short version I've always loved City primarily because I've always hated utd.but when I met 4 years ago one of my best friends, you know it as the Blue in Bosnia on a British man who is actually working in Bosnia a crazy guy who never take off shirt City.i start myself more to watch and love the City and he my national team.I remember that we dreamed of and discussed, while DZeko winner in Germany to be good to go in City.So to make a short story i watch only City and Bosnia standing on my feet all game .Thanks many older members of the hospitality and help and I hope that we will fuck rags this year....LOVE CITY

For some reason I really loved that post, especially the last line :-)
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PALUS » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
PALUS wrote:Ok I guess, although a little more than half a year here I m new, although many of you know me the older members who are regular here. Short version I've always loved City primarily because I've always hated utd.but when I met 4 years ago one of my best friends, you know it as the Blue in Bosnia on a British man who is actually working in Bosnia a crazy guy who never take off shirt City.i start myself more to watch and love the City and he my national team.I remember that we dreamed of and discussed, while DZeko winner in Germany to be good to go in City.So to make a short story i watch only City and Bosnia standing on my feet all game .Thanks many older members of the hospitality and help and I hope that we will fuck rags this year....LOVE CITY

For some reason I really loved that post, especially the last line :-)

Thanks, I was inspired by a flood of hate and love at a same time:)
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”
PALUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Edin DZeko

Postby moggymoz » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi*
*Shuffles feet nervously with hands crossed behind back and head down
moggymoz
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby ant london » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:09 am

moggymoz wrote:Hi*
*Shuffles feet nervously with hands crossed behind back and head down

Hi Moggy.....don't worry, there are quite a few shy characters on here....like Craig for example who I believe is still working up the courage to say "hello" in person to people he's now been "talking" to for several years ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi

I am Andie aka Sister of Fu and I am recently single. I like girls so if any of your newbie’s are super hot City supporting lesbians from the UK and like fisting PM with a picture, obviously the picture does not have to be of you fisting or being fisted but that would be nice.

Thanks

A....xx
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Hi

I am Andie aka Sister of Fu and I am recently single. I like girls so if any of your newbie’s are super hot City supporting lesbians from the UK and like fisting PM with a picture, obviously the picture does not have to be of you fisting or being fisted but that would be nice.

Thanks

A....xx

How about an effeminate, slightly overweight Swede, who you own a pint, and that is looking for some fun for his Manc trips once or twice a year? Fisting is OK, as long as I'm not at the receiving end. Oh, and a s a bonus, I am developing a pair of petite, but quite stunning man boobs at the moment.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:15 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Hi

Thanks

A....xx

How about an effeminate, slightly overweight Swede, who you own a pint, and that is looking for some fun for his Manc trips once or twice a year? Fisting is OK, as long as I'm not at the receiving end. Oh, and a s a bonus, I am developing a pair of petite, but quite stunning man boobs at the moment.

You are bloody married, is you’re wife coming with you????
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum