*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:55 pm

Mingchester Mingy wrote:
Dronny wrote:
john@staustell wrote:These last 4 weeks I've noticed a surge everywhere - new members on sites, ticket sales, worldwide publicity and recognition, camera-clickers.

Welcome one and all.

The bandwagon must have slowed considerably ;-)

I had some guy in the Outer Banks of North Carolina USA call me an Oppurtunist when he saw me with my 2009 City Home Shirt on. He was kayaking by pretty quickly and I was on a dock.....I noticed his english accent and asked if he was a United fan to which he replied "no mate, Im from Leeds"......with my daughter next to me, I couldnt think of a good comeback in time......I felt like such a D-Bag.
Just being called a bandwagoner hurt a good bit.

I've got loads of Yanks and Mexicans into City over the past six years (since I met my American fiancée).

Where abouts are you from in south east PA? I'm moving there next year as things stand. You can fill me in on the best places to watch games etc. I offer fuck all in return other than my gratitude.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Mingchester Mingy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Mingchester Mingy wrote:
Dronny wrote:
john@staustell wrote:These last 4 weeks I've noticed a surge everywhere - new members on sites, ticket sales, worldwide publicity and recognition, camera-clickers.

Welcome one and all.

The bandwagon must have slowed considerably ;-)

I had some guy in the Outer Banks of North Carolina USA call me an Oppurtunist when he saw me with my 2009 City Home Shirt on. He was kayaking by pretty quickly and I was on a dock.....I noticed his english accent and asked if he was a United fan to which he replied "no mate, Im from Leeds"......with my daughter next to me, I couldnt think of a good comeback in time......I felt like such a D-Bag.
Just being called a bandwagoner hurt a good bit.

I've got loads of Yanks and Mexicans into City over the past six years (since I met my American fiancée).

Where abouts are you from in south east PA? I'm moving there next year as things stand. You can fill me in on the best places to watch games etc. I offer fuck all in return other than my gratitude.

No worries, sent you a PM. There are a few sports bars that carry games. A particular one called Stoneys which is an authentic English pub , owners are from England etc....proper breakfast and beers for EPL games on saturday and sunday mornings. Its in Delaware. This is by no means the football capital of the world, but the Philadelphia Union is helping bring people to the sport. Tough loss last night to the Houston Dynamo, but next year they will be a much stronger team.
Mingchester Mingy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Amezzeray » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Hello! I'm Amy, a 21 year old fan living in Lincoln (originally from Stockport).

I want to say I'm a City fan cos my Dad got me into it because that does not sound right. CIty chose ME! I remember my first match: lost 2-1 against Norwich. Lee Bradbury scored. I also remember there being a silence for Princess Di but it could have been another match. I was about 7.

For me the 1999 Div2 playoff promotion is my favourite memory. I was not present but my parents were. I was listening on the radio. I was only 9 and I think that's what cemented me as a CIty fan. Even when we were relegated a couple of seasons later I still stuck with them which surprised a lot of people.

I am an avid follower. Don't get to go much cos I'm a poor student :(

HIYA!! :D
"the truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination"
Amezzeray
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Stephen Ireland

Postby Slim » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Amezzeray wrote:I remember my first match: lost 2-1 against Norwich. Lee Bradbury scored.

That never happened, Lee Bradbury scoring? You're havin a laff.

Welcome, try not to be put off by what seems like hostility, most of it isn't.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dicky Dunne » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Evening Gents, dublin blue here, got told about the site at a city meet up in Sinnots in dublin (dont know which memeber tipped me off about it) for the FA cup final, been lurking ever since and finally decided to join
Dicky Dunne
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Richard Dunne

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Dicky Dunne wrote:Evening Gents, dublin blue here, got told about the site at a city meet up in Sinnots in dublin (dont know which memeber tipped me off about it) for the FA cup final, been lurking ever since and finally decided to join

welcome mate, there is a healthy Irish and Dublin contingent on here.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Patrick » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:13 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Dicky Dunne wrote:Evening Gents, dublin blue here, got told about the site at a city meet up in Sinnots in dublin (dont know which memeber tipped me off about it) for the FA cup final, been lurking ever since and finally decided to join

Healthy?

Welcome Amy, Dicky, enjoy the forum!
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:25 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Although they all always claim that there are hardly any Blues in Dublin....
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:00 am

This is a longshot but do you post on any other irish football forums under that ID? Specifically an amateur football league one?

Welcome to the site either way!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dicky Dunne » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

This is a longshot but do you post on any other irish football forums under that ID? Specifically an amateur football league one?

I do indeed, used to play in the Leinster Senior League but packed it in due me being to lazy/fond of a drink...you on that forum as well?
Dicky Dunne
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Richard Dunne

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Dicky Dunne wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

I do indeed, used to play in the Leinster Senior League but packed it in due me being to lazy/fond of a drink...you on that forum as well?

Ha I sure am, don't post much but read it alot for the banter, I have posted about city on it in agreement with some of the things you have said. if you want anything city related or to talk to knowledgeable city fans this is the best site for it!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dazlebluefrog » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:36 pm

well after fcuking off posting for nearly a year i thought it's time to reappear ,
no i'm not a glory hunter unless you count nearly 40 years of bein a blue
why did i go ?well i thought the site went down hill a bit seemed like it was going like that other site bluemoon ,also and the main reason some of the better posters have stopped ,the excellent kippax for one,i could read his posts all day
i've always been lurkin i especially like doug's reports great way to keep up with whats going on at carrington
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:20 am

dazlebluefrog wrote:well after fcuking off posting for nearly a year i thought it's time to reappear ,
no i'm not a glory hunter unless you count nearly 40 years of bein a blue
why did i go ?well i thought the site went down hill a bit seemed like it was going like that other site bluemoon ,also and the main reason some of the better posters have stopped ,the excellent kippax for one,i could read his posts all day
i've always been lurkin i especially like doug's reports great way to keep up with whats going on at carrington

This pearl of wisdom was one of the last things you posted. Do you think YOU yourself might have contributed to the supposed downfall of the site? Anyway, we've been going from strength to strength in past 13 months. Mancini has played his part with excellent stuff on the pitch and bringing us glory. That has helped with the quality of the posts. Having shit rag as a manager doesn't.

dazlebluefrog wrote: yes mate but he's fcuked up! i really don't think he'll be here at the end of the season ,last year a part Chelski away (more down to the players wanting it for Wayne )hughes could of done the same job i reckon even better ,still cause he was an "ex " rag most wouldn't give him the chance
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Superbia in proelia » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:53 am

hey im Rob 23 and been a blue since my dad took me to main rd when i was a kid. Never new about this site only found it due to bluemoon asking for donations for the wedding and took me here. Not been to a game this season due to my working shifts but from christmas onwards this should be changing!
Superbia in proelia
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Richards

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:26 pm

Superbia in proelia wrote:hey im Rob 23 and been a blue since my dad took me to main rd when i was a kid. Never new about this site only found it due to bluemoon asking for donations for the wedding and took me here. Not been to a game this season due to my working shifts but from christmas onwards this should be changing!

Welcome to the board mate.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby stevefromdonny » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:33 pm

BLOODY GLORY HUNTERS EVERY 1 OF YOU

WELCOME TO ALL NEW MEMBERS
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Ryan1 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:42 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:BLOODY GLORY HUNTERS EVERY 1 OF YOU

Hi I am Ryan I am 32 been a city fan all my life :
Ryan1
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Joe hart

Postby Slim » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:53 am

Ryan1 wrote:

That's not long enough.

Gloryhunter.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:25 am

Ryan1 wrote:

thats what i said bloody gloryhunter, lol
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Dronny » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:28 am

Slim wrote:
Ryan1 wrote:

That's not long enough.

Gloryhunter.

Agree, at least in the old days folks confessed to being a lurker before joining, akin to an apprenticeship almost.

Welcome newbies!
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum