*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:08 pm

i hate everything wrote:Hi

I'm in my 40's, have been watching City since the 76 cup final.

I'm not allowed to post yet, but I have a question whose shelf-life is short.

Watching the replay of MOYTD2 last night for the billionth time, and I notice that when Balotelli is substituted he walks up the steps to his seat. The Utd fans are right next to him and some fat bloke in a turban makes some remark, and Balotelli looks over his shoulder and, eyebrows raised, issues a withering put-down. Zabaleta can be seen pissing himself at this.

WHAT DID MARIO SAY ?

Any lipreaders would be much appreciated.

Welcome mate.

I was wondering the same thing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:25 pm

Watching the replay of MOYTD2 last night for the billionth time, and I notice that when Balotelli is substituted he walks up the steps to his seat. The Utd fans are right next to him and some fat bloke in a turban makes some remark, and Balotelli looks over his shoulder and, eyebrows raised, issues a withering put-down. Zabaleta can be seen pissing himself at this.

WHAT DID MARIO SAY ?

He said "Rag bastid"
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mingchester Mingy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

WHAT DID MARIO SAY ?

He said "Rag bastid"

I know that guy who made the remard...his name is Myter. Think the last name is Benisdurty....
Mingchester Mingy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Patrick » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:34 am

sunshine wrote:Hi Guys n' Gals,

Im half leathered after watching watching wolves. I'm fairly new member although ive been reading for years. Im a long in the tooth blue and can remember my first ever game because I got my first scarf given to me and nicked at the game on the same day (im 44 now and I was about 13 at the time with my old man) I am a season ticket holder whilst I can still afford it (not sure how long that will last but its worth it).

Anyway, waffle over, I wanted to create a topic about what bobby said tonight about johnno ("adam can do better because he has everything, but sometimes, he forgets this") Wanted to know what everyone else thinks about this, personally, im 100% with him; I think johnno is a great talent (looked a bit unfit recently???) who does about 50 minutes normally and sits on his laurels a bit, he puts in a ew good spells during a game I think and then sits back a bit and thinks hes done enough. tonight was a bit different as he seemed a bit more determined, but, im with bobby, he can do better and just like hes done with magic mario, he should push him to improve and realise his potential.

wadya reckon ?

Please can someone either raise this post for me or tell me how to :)

thanks.

I am a bit pissed, so if its obvious, sorry :)

We stopped allowing people to just join and create new topics immeditely a while back for a couple of reasons

Firstly, it gives us a chance to weedle out the complete numpties who either post crap or just want to cause arguments. Carlfeedthegoat is a care in the community thing we do from time to time by request of his therapist

Secondly, it stops obsessed rags etc coming on and trying to wind us up. But I believe this hasn't been a big issue recently

Once you have made a.few posts you get to become a full member and can create your own topics, it doesn't take long so stick with it and welcome aboard
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby stefano » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi all guys , i'm stefano , from italy. after almost two years loorking i feel i can no more go on without to can say a big big big Thanks to Douglas Higginbottom for his great training reports work. really thank you mate !

i have been a mancini's fan since he was an incredible gifted and classy young footballer and now i'm happy to see a large part of that class in the young mario , so , as many other italians this days , City is the right team to love. hoping you can forgive me for my very poor english :)

FORZA CITY
stefano
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: city and inter
My favourite player is: mario

Postby Kladze » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:01 pm

stefano wrote:Hi all guys , i'm stefano , from italy. after almost two years loorking i feel i can no more go on without to can say a big big big Thanks to Douglas Higginbottom for his great training reports work. really thank you mate !

i have been a mancini's fan since he was an incredible gifted and classy young footballer and now i'm happy to see a large part of that class in the young mario , so , as many other italians this days , City is the right team to love. hoping you can forgive me for my very poor english :)

FORZA CITY

You are forgiven. Your English is far better than our Italian :-)

FORZA DEL DESTINO.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:21 pm

Mingchester Mingy wrote:
bigblue wrote:been posting on here since the start of the year but:

Grew up in the DC area (USA), and have loved/played this game all my life. Have been a fan of the Washington Warthogs (who went out of business) and DC United, but after studying abroad in Manchester during the 07/08 season, I became a fan of City. Basically the Uni I was going to offered 10£ tickets for all City home games (instead if 30£ to see the scum). Also so many people in America are rags simply because they won for all those years and I've always identified with the working class/underdog, so City was a natural fit. While I was over there went to a ton of games and had a great time (even if the team was about average in the league).

On of the most fun memories that I have from a game is playing Spurs at home: They thought that they scored, just for the goal to be ruled out. So for the remaining 30 mins of the game, City fans would spontaneously erupt into cheering to mock the Spurs fans. I think we won the game 2-1, but the crowd was almost as fun as what was on the field

Since I've come back I've kept up the love of City, especially because the MLS just doesn't get my fix for seeing top quality. I've had a good experience on the site (smaller community than Bluemoon creates better interactions), and am excited for the season ahead!

good to meet yall!

Welcome ! Blues fan [highlight]from Southeastern Pennsylvania[/highlight]. Fellow United Hater. Your spot on with the MLS. Ive been to 5 or 6 Union games and they just lack the product on the field and the crowd interaction. Great tailgating , but other than that....its no EPL.

Where abouts?
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:42 am

stefano wrote:Hi all guys , i'm stefano , from italy. after almost two years loorking i feel i can no more go on without to can say a big big big Thanks to Douglas Higginbottom for his great training reports work. really thank you mate !

FORZA CITY

Welcome
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Wgs19 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:28 am

Hi my name is H , 45 yr old male from Rochdale been following city since I was about 6 :) all my family except my grandad (RIP) are RAGS :( thank god he took me to main rd and I saw the light !!! Have a daughter whose as mad about city as I am !!! Have waited years to see city where they are now just hope I don't wake up one morning and find it's all a dream , my daughter told me about this site and loaded it onto my phone for me :) just thought I would say hello to all you fellow blues
Wgs19
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Vincent company

Postby Slim » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:39 am

Wgs19 wrote:Hi my name is H , 45 yr old male from Rochdale been following city since I was about 6 :) all my family except my grandad (RIP) are RAGS :( thank god he took me to main rd and I saw the light !!! Have a daughter whose as mad about city as I am !!! Have waited years to see city where they are now just hope I don't wake up one morning and find it's all a dream , my daughter told me about this site and loaded it onto my phone for me :) just thought I would say hello to all you fellow blues

Awesome, hate to think the shit you have been through with most all of your family being scum. Bet your phone was quiet after the derby though.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:14 pm

Wgs19 wrote:Hi my name is H , 45 yr old male from Rochdale been following city since I was about 6 :) all my family except my grandad (RIP) are RAGS :( thank god he took me to main rd and I saw the light !!! Have a daughter whose as mad about city as I am !!! Have waited years to see city where they are now just hope I don't wake up one morning and find it's all a dream , my daughter told me about this site and loaded it onto my phone for me :) just thought I would say hello to all you fellow blues

H? Bet you get some shit for that.

He sadly passed away recently:

Anyway, welcome!
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wgs19 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys
Wgs19
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby BarryBurse » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:29 am

Hi my name is Barry Burse. I'm a 18 year old Midfielder from Cameroon living in America. Die hard City supporter.
BarryBurse
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby john@staustell » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:38 am

These last 4 weeks I've noticed a surge everywhere - new members on sites, ticket sales, worldwide publicity and recognition, camera-clickers.

Welcome one and all.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dronny » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:10 pm

john@staustell wrote:These last 4 weeks I've noticed a surge everywhere - new members on sites, ticket sales, worldwide publicity and recognition, camera-clickers.

Welcome one and all.

The bandwagon must have slowed considerably ;-)
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Wgs19 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:04 pm

H ( Howard)
Wgs19
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Patrick » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:28 pm

I think it all coincides with the launch of our app, it was the springboard the club needed to become global

Welcome all, hope you all enjoy yourselves here and become regular contributors
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby usedtothespin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi,

I'm a supporter since the mid nineties. Felt instantly drawn to the history and supporters of the club when I started looking into English football as a young teenager. Being dutch, my best moment was when Wiekens joined in 1997. I saw him play in the dutch second division quite a few times and was convinced he would be a great Blue! And he wasnt current quality, but surely not bad ;)

People always frowned upon my support for City, but lately people really seem to hate City for money and succes. I get into quite a few discussions. I wear the shirt with pride.

CTID
usedtothespin
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels

My favourite player is: Gerard Wiekens

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:42 pm

usedtothespin wrote:Hi,

I'm a supporter since the mid nineties. Felt instantly drawn to the history and supporters of the club when I started looking into English football as a young teenager. Being dutch, my best moment was when Wiekens joined in 1997. I saw him play in the dutch second division quite a few times and was convinced he would be a great Blue! And he wasnt current quality, but surely not bad ;)

People always frowned upon my support for City, but lately people really seem to hate City for money and succes. I get into quite a few discussions. I wear the shirt with pride.

CTID

Gerard Wiekens's contribution to our late 90's/early 00's resurgence was as important as anyone's. He was a good solid player for us in a number of positions and in three different divisions.

Perhaps most famously, he formed half of the makeshift Wiekens-Mettomo centre-half pairing that helped see us to a 3-1 win in the last-ever derby at Maine Road. And, on top of everything, he was a decent fella.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mingchester Mingy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Dronny wrote:
john@staustell wrote:These last 4 weeks I've noticed a surge everywhere - new members on sites, ticket sales, worldwide publicity and recognition, camera-clickers.

Welcome one and all.

The bandwagon must have slowed considerably ;-)

I had some guy in the Outer Banks of North Carolina USA call me an Oppurtunist when he saw me with my 2009 City Home Shirt on. He was kayaking by pretty quickly and I was on a dock.....I noticed his english accent and asked if he was a United fan to which he replied "no mate, Im from Leeds"......with my daughter next to me, I couldnt think of a good comeback in time......I felt like such a D-Bag.
Just being called a bandwagoner hurt a good bit.
Mingchester Mingy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum