*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby Sue Perb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:00 am

Hi and welcome

Assume you're following NYCFC too.

Great to have support from across the 'pond'.
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi.....just joined.
I've been reading the forum for a few years but never plucked up the courage to join in.
I'm from Dublin and found this forum and, dare I say it, Bluemoon, the best sources for real information about what's going on at City. The media stuff we get here is no better than the UK.
I used to love reading Doug's training reports in particular.
My first recollection of choosing City for better or worse was about 1970 when I was 7. My older brothers followed City and Arsenal and the rest of the road were the usual Utd/Liverpool mix and back then Chelsea and Leeds were big too.
I try to get over for a couple of matches a year, but haven't been over yet this year. Myself and my 12 year old son are coming over for the Newcastle match and am dying to see the development that's been going on.
Is the new campus worth a visit or would he get to see anything?
We usually go early to the ground because he loves it around the Etihad and always wants to get inside as early as possible.

Quite a few youngsters over here openly wearing City jerseys. Not as many as the usual red wearing lot, but things are definitely on the up.
Anyway that's enough for a first post.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby mr_nool » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:42 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:Hi.....just joined.
I've been reading the forum for a few years but never plucked up the courage to join in.
I'm from Dublin and found this forum and, dare I say it, Bluemoon, the best sources for real information about what's going on at City. The media stuff we get here is no better than the UK.
My first recollection of choosing City for better or worse was about 1970 when I was 7. My older brothers followed City and Arsenal and the rest of the road were the usual Utd/Liverpool mix and back then Chelsea and Leeds were big too.
I try to get over for a couple of matches a year, but haven't been over yet this year. Myself and my 12 year old son are coming over for the Newcastle match and am dying to see the development that's been going on.
We usually go early to the ground because he loves it around the Etihad and always wants to get inside as early as possible.

Quite a few youngsters over here openly wearing City jerseys. Not as many as the usual red wearing lot, but things are definitely on the up.

Welcome mate! I see a lot more City jerseys here in Holland as well. It still feel strange!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:24 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:Hi.....just joined.

welcome to the board mate, as far as I am aware there are no tours available for the new training complex yet, try and get on the bridge and see what you can from there
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:50 am

Thanks for that. I'll have all day Wednesday, so I 'll take him down to the bridge and have a wander around.
The pictures that I've seen are really impressive. You really get the impression, that City have only scratched the surface yet and that the league don't know what's going to hit them.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:11 pm

mr_nool wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Welcome mate! I see a lot more City jerseys here in Holland as well. It still feel strange!

English Football has always been followed over here, even before it going global, probably because of how poor the league of Ireland was.
Was it the same years ago in Holland, or is it something that is growing now.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mr_nool » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:24 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

English Football has always been followed over here, even before it going global, probably because of how poor the league of Ireland was.
Was it the same years ago in Holland, or is it something that is growing now.

Although being the most popular foreign league, it's still not that big. Most people only care about the Dutch league and the Chumps.
I think the biggest reason I now see City jerseys is because of us being in the Champions League and becoming a big household name, i.e. kids choosing to play with City in Fifa 15.

7 years ago, when I moved here, you only saw Barca, Bayern, Scum, scouse, Arsenal, etc. (and a lot of Dutch).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:01 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Although being the most popular foreign league, it's still not that big. Most people only care about the Dutch league and the Chumps.
I think the biggest reason I now see City jerseys is because of us being in the Champions League and becoming a big household name, i.e. kids choosing to play with City in Fifa 15.

7 years ago, when I moved here, you only saw Barca, Bayern, Scum, scouse, Arsenal, etc. (and a lot of Dutch).

I think I went through my entire school life being the only City fan in my class.
When my young lad started following City he was getting some stick from the usual Utd. crowd in his class and his football team.
I just told him to smile and tell them their days were numbered. I told him his time was coming soon.
Now there are quite a few City supporters in his class. Most impressive is a mate of his, whose Dad supports United but he supports City.
I told my lad that his mate will go far.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby World Toure » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Wattup all, i'm a recent convert to Football from America. Decided on city because i saw him totally destroy Tottenham when i was considering following them as my team. I watched the most recent World Cup and of course rooted for the US...was really exciting to be in so many close matches but sucked that we lost. Maybe one day. Anyway, thanks for having me.
World Toure
Negouai's Red Cards

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby PCJC » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:01 pm

My name is Peter & I'm new to this site.
Always been Blue, long time (I'm 61)
Lots of false dawns, but it's good we're winning things now, shuts plenty of rags up!!
I doubt I'll agree with everything that's said on here, but, at the end of the day, we're all Blues & we should be able to agree to disagree!!
CTID
PCJC
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:21 pm

PCJC wrote:My name is Peter & I'm new to this site.
Lots of false dawns, but it's good we're winning things now, shuts plenty of rags up!!
I doubt I'll agree with everything that's said on here, but, at the end of the day, we're all Blues & we should be able to agree to disagree!!
CTID

You would think so but someone will surely let you know you're a c*nt before that happens!
No seriously, this is a good place. Welcome mate!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:00 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
PCJC wrote:My name is Peter & I'm new to this site.
CTID

You would think so but someone will surely let you know you're a c*nt before that happens!
No seriously, this is a good place. Welcome mate!

Cunt!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Pam » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi all

Watch on youtube.com

Love City, hate United. So I did a Hitler video (as per attached).

Also, why is there another international break? That's six weeks out of a season that only started three months ago.

Pam
Pam
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:16 am

Welcome to the board Pam. Can't view the vid as my system can't handle a stream where I am but if it's anything like the others I'll be having a gander when I get the opportunity.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby jurgen1968 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:32 pm

Hallo there,

Here a Belgian.
Booked plane tickets for 12 people , weekend 21-22 februari 2015 , the Newcastle game.
Hope the game is on saturday ...
With the result in Rome in mind , i think it's OK.

Wich is the best pub before and after de game ?
We're a very thirsty veteran footballteam ...hehe

Greetz
Jurgen
jurgen1968
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: kv mechelen

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:58 pm

jurgen1968 wrote:Hallo there,

Here a Belgian.
Booked plane tickets for 12 people , weekend 21-22 februari 2015 , the Newcastle game.

Greetz
Jurgen

Welcome Jurgen
if you want the full on MCFC experience, get yourself to Mary D's across the road from the ground.

Cheers
WW
Wonderwall

Postby jurgen1968 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:25 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Here a Belgian.

Greetz
Jurgen

Welcome Jurgen
if you want the full on MCFC experience, get yourself to Mary D's across the road from the ground.

Cheers
WW

Thanks.
Who's making the decisions about fixtures dates anyway?
Is it the FA ? Or tv? How many weeks in advance do they decide ?
jurgen1968
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:48 am

jurgen1968 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Here a Belgian.

Greetz
Jurgen

Welcome Jurgen

Cheers
WW

Thanks.
Who's making the decisions about fixtures dates anyway?
Is it the FA ? Or tv? How many weeks in advance do they decide ?

It is down to the TV people (SKY/BT Sport) on whether a fixture is changed or not

If it is moved away for TV purposes the times for TV kickoffs are
21 Feb - 12:45 (early kickoff) or 17:30 (late kickoff)
22 Feb - 13:30 (early kickoff) or 16:00 (late kickoff)
23 Feb - 20:00 Monday night Football

the full fixture list for that weekend is
Aston Villa v Stoke
Chelsea v Burnley
Crystal Palace v Arsenal
Everton v Leicester
Hull v QPR
Man City v Newcastle
Southampton v Liverpool
Sunderland v West Brom
Swansea v Man Utd
Spurs v West Ham

If I was to take a bet on the fixture the TV people want from that lot, it would be Southampton v Liverpool and City v Newcastle, you will find out when the next batch of TV Fixtures are announced in January
Wonderwall

Postby jurgen1968 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Happy that City took the second spot in the CL
17-18 and 24-25 februari next games.

Europa league is scheduled thursday .19 feb

We have a great chance now....Saturday.
i hope it works this time... (3th try out , 1 and 2 was a failure)
jurgen1968
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby ManciniLegend » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi all.

Been a supporter since the 70's and was a season ticket holder up until towards the end of the Stuart Pearce era when I became dissilusioned with the game in general to be honest.

That feeling didn't last long but I've not renewed my season ticket since and now only attend the home games that TV don't cover.

I watch all the EDS and MCWFC home games and am immensely proud of all the club has achieved in recent years, and how we have achieved it.

I've previously been a regular poster on other City sites but not for several years. On Talkin City I was Fleetwood Blue.

Love and adore the club and frankly enjoy it more now I don't attend every home game, especially as a non season ticket holder I can sit somewhere different each time and can avoid being stuck next to some moaning twat who acts like we are still in division 3.

Since our takeover of Melbourne Heart I have watched all Melbourne City's games on TV and have really enjoyed the additional interest. I plan to follow New York City in a similar fashion.

Also follow Glasgow Rnagers and get up their a handful of times a season and have also followed England for 40 years, attending may games home and away.

My other love is Rugby League and support Wigan Warriors.

Hello and all the best to you.
ManciniLegend
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum