*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby Patrick » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:08 pm

Just joined the site?

Been lurking but never posted?

Been a member for ages but no one talks to you?

Then introduce yourselves here!

How you found the site, how you became a city fan, your greatest memory of supporting city.... It's all stuff we enjoy hearing so say hello and let us know your story.....
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby Brisbane's KiPPaX » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:11 am

Hello,

I'm a City fan in Brisbane, been following City for 20 years from the days when David White used to sprint down the wing and Niall Quinn would nod them in. Been living in Oz for a couple of years but my Dad and I still watch every City game we can on Foxsports or SBS or down at our local City supporters club.

I must bring attention to you about an Aussie pundit on SBS Ned Zelic (remember him? Played for Dortmund and 11 games for QPR before complaining about his knees getting dirty) claiming in an outbirst that City's centre back pairing Kompany and Lescott are the worst in the Champions League!! Have you ever heard such a ridiculous thing? My Dad and I were angered by this as it was a ferocious attack on City and the conduct was something like a drunken rant. This was after the Napoli game by the way. I complained to SBS to ask for Zelic to apologise to City fans maybe before the Bayern Munich game.

Best,
Lee
Brisbane's KiPPaX
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel de Jong

Postby King Kev » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:30 am

Brisbane's KiPPaX wrote:Hello,

I'm a City fan in Brisbane, been following City for 20 years from the days when David White used to sprint down the wing and Niall Quinn would nod them in. Been living in Oz for a couple of years but my Dad and I still watch every City game we can on Foxsports or SBS or down at our local City supporters club.

I must bring attention to you about an Aussie pundit on SBS Ned Zelic (remember him? Played for Dortmund and 11 games for QPR before complaining about his knees getting dirty) claiming in an outbirst that City's centre back pairing Kompany and Lescott are the worst in the Champions League!! Have you ever heard such a ridiculous thing? My Dad and I were angered by this as it was a ferocious attack on City and the conduct was something like a drunken rant. This was after the Napoli game by the way. I complained to SBS to ask for Zelic to apologise to City fans maybe before the Bayern Munich game.

Best,
Lee

Hi Lee, welcome to the site, nice introduction post!

It's good to hear the the 'experts' hate City all over the world and it's not just a UK thing! Lescott & Kompany are a great paring, if anybody thinks otherwise then I just feel embarrassed for them.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:41 am

Best,
Lee

They need to bring back Spencer Prior, nothing but good things to say when I used to watch him on Fox doing city games a few years ago.

Welcome aboard mate, plenty of aussies here so u should fit right in!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:58 am

Best,
Lee

G'day Sport and welcome. Great first post and here is to many more........... we have a nice and growing community of Aussie blues on here, some born and bred aussies and some Ex-pats.... beware though, some of them bite!

Good on you for the complaint to SBS too! Let us know if they respond
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby SmallTimeCharlie » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:52 am

Hi Blues,
I've been a member for a while and posted a few times, but mostly lurk as just as i'm about to join the discussion, someone usually says exactly what i'm thinking. There are some very smart intelligent posters on here, as well as many miserable gits who seem uncomfortable with our new lofty status.

I started supporting city just at the end of our last great period - '77. Dad took me to Maine Road for the opening game of the season, coming up the stairs and out into the stadium with its perfect pitch and all the fans, sat down, so excited, I asked "Is it live?" lmao, that's kids for ya.

Cup Final '81, tears after the replay; Wembley '99 - having got our second goal in the 154th minute or whenever it was, shouting to the woman in front of me "Could you support any other team?!?!"

Times is harder now - watched last season's final in the pub, a red pub, all cheering on Stoke. Sweet, sweet, sweet victory.

Anyway, hello to all, i'll try and post a bit quicker in the future..
City have soul. United do not.
SmallTimeCharlie
Robinho's Step Over

Postby King Kev » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:57 am

Welcome Brother Charlie.

Interesting that the reds in the pub were supporting Stoke, most Reds I know have always said that they can't understand why we want them to lose matches and that they would always support City if we got to a final!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby dazby » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:07 am

Best,
Lee

Hi Lee, welcome aboard. He qualified it by saying they were the worst "footballing" centreback partnership in the CL. Of the teams he'd seen they were the worst on the ball and with the ball. Yes he was exaggerating, yes he was OTT, yes the SBS team have taken the mickey out of him ever since. No bother.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:58 am

Welcome to those who've dared to put their heads above the parapit, and to one in paticular, ensure you post quicker, if not to shut Ted up for a second.

And, this Zelic bloke, what's he all about? I seem to remember a similar name playing over here, is he a current/former player or just a Rag loving tosser?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Chinners » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:10 am

SmallTimeCharlie wrote:Hi Blues,
There are some very smart intelligent posters on here.

Fucl me, the new APP is bloody good if it can change things like that
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Chinners » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:10 am

oh, and welcome newbies and lurkies alike .... obviously
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby SmallTimeCharlie » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:39 am

Chinners wrote:

Sorry, I should have said 'a few..'

APP?
City have soul. United do not.
SmallTimeCharlie
Robinho's Step Over

Postby mr_nool » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:52 am

Hi,

My name is nool. I'm more of a lurker but post occasionally.
I like Handel, defensive midfielders and male baldness.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:55 am

Hi, my names Beefy and I'm an alcoholic (hick)!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:56 am

SmallTimeCharlie wrote:
Chinners wrote:

Sorry, I should have said 'a few..'

APP?

http://www.appbrain.com/app/a-mancheste ... ancityfans
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Welcome to all new posters! The more the merrier.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby littlebig » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Hello to all,

I started playing football manager early nineties, Pollock, Horlock, Weaver and Dickov were some of my players. Dickov always scored crucial goals for me. Followed City since. Only been over once couple of seasons ago for a derby at Eastlands, rags won 1-0. Never made it to Maine road, huge regret.
I've no City mates here in Dublin (they're all either rags or pool) so it's great to have this forum to hear all the chat, analysis etc. I especially love Douglas' training reports and Chinners Bollox.
Best City memory; not so long ago, FA cup win 2011, fookin get in!!! Shut my rag mates the fook up. Also have an Everyon mate who used to sing that obnoxious 'nothing at all, nothing at all...' Now I sing it to him about Everton's finances.
Keep it up fellas,
Long time lurker
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Being Blue in Dublin seems to be bit of "I'm the only gay in the village" affair. They all claim there are no Blues in Dublin yet this site is filled with people from Dublin.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:53 pm

Eh up LB (Mate used to have a dog called LB, stood for Little Bastard. No relation to you though ;-)), you should have a whale of a time here then with all the Irish Blues. We have about 5 Original Dub's, Dub City's, Blue Dub's, Dublin Blues, Blue Dubliner's ......... ah, you know what I mean.

Enjoy pal and I'm sure you'll make more sense than a few on here ............... hopefully.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ronk » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Being Blue in Dublin seems to be bit of "I'm the only gay in the village" affair. They all claim there are no Blues in Dublin yet this site is filled with people from Dublin.

We're all on here because we can't find local blues.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum