*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby Mendyandmakedo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:12 am

Hello Guys,

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello - look forward to chatting all things City with you. Lets hope we're celebrating another league title come May.

Win tomorrow and ask questions of Liverpool, we can still do this!
Mendyandmakedo
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:50 am

SteveFalcon wrote:Hi guys! I have never written on this forum, but it's nice to discuss my favorite team. This site has a thematic discussion.
Welcome SF, any other themes that interest you at all?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:52 am

Mendyandmakedo wrote:Hello Guys,

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello - look forward to chatting all things City with you. Lets hope we're celebrating another league title come May.

Win tomorrow and ask questions of Liverpool, we can still do this!
Great username, you'll find no shortage of compliments for that choice on here :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby stupot » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi guys, I've sent a few posts now but not formally introduced myself and despite what was inferred earlier I am definitely not FIBD.
I had my first ST as a kid in 69/70 and have had one every year since. My dad was a mad blue who only stopped going in the late 90s when arthritis got the better of him and just before he died refused to let a porter wheel him at North Manchester General as he had a united badge.

Only time I questioned my allegiance was when I took my 9 year old daughter to Wembley in 99 and she was crying towards the 90th minute. She was going back to a school full of rags who'd just won a couple of pots. 5 minutes later and she knew exactly the meaning of pure joy.

I've defended City through years of mediocrity and pain which is why I can't believe some of the negativity on here. We have the best owners, the best Manager, the most unbelievable squad of players and as I'm getting towards my 60s, I just wish I was 20 or so years younger.

CTID
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:24 pm

stupot wrote:Hi guys, I've sent a few posts now but not formally introduced myself and despite what was inferred earlier I am definitely not FIBD.
I had my first ST as a kid in 69/70 and have had one every year since. My dad was a mad blue who only stopped going in the late 90s when arthritis got the better of him and just before he died refused to let a porter wheel him at North Manchester General as he had a united badge.

Only time I questioned my allegiance was when I took my 9 year old daughter to Wembley in 99 and she was crying towards the 90th minute. She was going back to a school full of rags who'd just won a couple of pots. 5 minutes later and she knew exactly the meaning of pure joy.

I've defended City through years of mediocrity and pain which is why I can't believe some of the negativity on here. We have the best owners, the best Manager, the most unbelievable squad of players and as I'm getting towards my 60s, I just wish I was 20 or so years younger.

CTID

Nice one Stupot. Welcome on board
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:
stupot wrote:Hi guys, I've sent a few posts now but not formally introduced myself and despite what was inferred earlier I am definitely not FIBD.

CTID

Let the kids suffer.

My 3 were born in 87 89 and 91. They were all forced to suffer the 90s. It's character building.

Payback now though, I knew I was right
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:

CTID

Let the kids suffer.

My 3 were born in 87 89 and 91. They were all forced to suffer the 90s. It's character building.

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:45 pm

stupot wrote:pure joy.

CTID

So that means noone at MCFC is beyond criticism ?

Well that's that then , lets all hold fucking hands and sing we are the world !!!!!

P.S I was also in the Kippax when we were shit and how anyone could have defended Pearce and Allan Balls smeg fest of dished up so called football week after week was in need of serious fucking therapy.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:16 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:pure joy.

CTID

P.S I was also in the Kippax when we were shit and how anyone could have defended Pearce and Allan Balls smeg fest of dished up so called football week after week was in need of serious fucking therapy.

We were there, right behind Curly Watts - till he went all posh and went in the boxes
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:02 pm

john@staustell wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

CTID

Let the kids suffer.
The parasite media identify us with that short period of struggle and try to define our history as a rise from obscure adversity to riches via a tainted foreign vanity purchase. Their hate-fuelled obscene narrative should be challenged whenever dipper and rag plankton such as the ratboys and Aldridge spew it out. We have always been a major footballing force on a par with any of the Sky four and our current owners have proved they stand alone in terms of their integrity and long term commitment.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:50 am

johnny crossan wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

CTID

Let the kids suffer.
The parasite media identify us with that short period of struggle and try to define our history as a rise from obscure adversity to riches via a tainted foreign vanity purchase. Their hate-fuelled obscene narrative should be challenged whenever dipper and rag plankton such as the ratboys and Aldridge spew it out. We have always been a major footballing force on a par with any of the Sky four and our current owners have proved they stand alone in terms of their integrity and long term commitment.

Agreed
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby CBEM » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:16 pm

Blue since 1966 when I went to my first match at maine rd with my uncle, I know have 5 children and 5 grandchildren who are blues too. Not a fan of PC talk and like to say what I mean without being policed by a cult like mentality.

A quick browse of this site is evidence that at least you can have disagreements on here without being put on silent like you can at the other ahem football site, with that said it's good to be here and thanks to whoever admitted me.
Left hammer+sickle-moon for a much better shade of blue :)
CBEM
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:34 pm

CBEM wrote:Blue since 1966 when I went to my first match at maine rd with my uncle, I know have 5 children and 5 grandchildren who are blues too. Not a fan of PC talk and like to say what I mean without being policed by a cult like mentality.

A quick browse of this site is evidence that at least you can have disagreements on here without being put on silent like you can at the other ahem football site, with that said it's good to be here and thanks to whoever admitted me.

Welcome CBEM

I think the only rule other than no rags or dippers allowed obviously, is we don't talk politics

Feel free to call a spade, a spade

CB = Colin Bell? EM =?

At Wembley tomorrow?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby CBEM » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:42 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
CBEM wrote:Blue since 1966 when I went to my first match at maine rd with my uncle, I know have 5 children and 5 grandchildren who are blues too. Not a fan of PC talk and like to say what I mean without being policed by a cult like mentality.

Welcome CBEM

I think the only rule other than no rags or dippers allowed obviously, is we don't talk politics

Feel free to call a spade, a spade

CB = Colin Bell? EM =?

At Wembley tomorrow?

Sadly work is getting in the way tomorrow mate, I know it's Sunday but I only work a few hours at the weekend and am retired all week in my semi-retirement.

CBEM is an anagram from my old army days it's one I use to keep my arm in so to say.

Colin Bell is the best player ever to have put on a city shirt IMO with Merlin probably poised to take his crown when he retires, I wish we had a 24 year old Kinky to see how he'd play in this side we have now.

And you're absolutely right politics can get in the way of blues getting together and talking to each other as the brothers we are.

And thanks for the welcome mate :)
Left hammer+sickle-moon for a much better shade of blue :)
CBEM
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby IanWright » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:41 pm

Oi!

Where's your Europa League thread, chaps?

;)
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:48 pm

IanWright wrote:Oi!

Where's your Europa League thread, chaps?

;)

feel free to start one, ian
hoping you win it and finish 5th or 6th in the league and the rags finish 4th and miss out on the cl!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby IanWright » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:57 pm

Cheers mate.

Might just do that.

Reckon you guys will beat the Swans on Sat? Looks tricky on paper. I'd say go full strength and advocate professionalism.
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby mr_nool » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:28 pm

How the fuck was that a yellow?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:59 pm

mr_nool wrote:How the fuck was that a yellow?

Yellow card for a new member? Not very welcoming Noolie :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby mr_nool » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:02 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
mr_nool wrote:How the fuck was that a yellow?

Yellow card for a new member? Not very welcoming Noolie :lol:

I wondered where the hell that post went!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum