*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby Slim » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:39 pm

philip barber wrote:I suspect I am a grandpa in City terms compared to most of you members but felt it was only polite to introduce myself having just joined . My first season was 1957/58 aged seven and I started going to City as Bert Trautmann was a family friend in Bramhall where I lived and he organised tickets for me and my mother for the last two games of that season which I think were against Villa 2-2 and Leicester 3-1 . We needed three points to stay up and in those days a win was worth two points so we just managed it.

I have been hooked ever since and this is either my 58th or 59th consecutive season watching our beloved team. My son and daughter are die hards and Louise's first ever game was the 5-1 derby victory ! Best moment as a City fan ,watching us win the old first division title at Newcastle in 1967/68 4-3 .Worst moment watching Alan Ball's arrogance destroy us .

I am not a fan of Pellegrini I have to admit as he has allowed the team to become too aged and is patently reluctant to give the youngsters a chance . Playing Bony last Saturday just summed him up for me as surely Faupala deserved a start given his performance against Cahill and Ivanovic v Chelsea in the FA Cup. He showed desire, aggression , effort and pace, attributes completely lacking with Bony.

Sadly we are neither good enough or deserving of the PL title this year. Injuries to key players have been an issue but with our squad we should still have performed better. I have seen some great City centre backs over the years, Dave Watson was the best, but Otimendi and Mangala for the money they cost are shockingly inept. West Ham's second goal at Upton Park recently sums up Otimendi for me.Third place has to be our realistic aim and then we need a clear out over the summer.

I will be looking forward to reading all of your comments and contributions to this forum.

Philip Barber.

Great intro, welcome.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:41 pm

philip barber wrote:I suspect I am a grandpa in City terms compared to most of you members but felt it was only polite to introduce myself having just joined . My first season was 1957/58 aged seven and I started going to City as Bert Trautmann was a family friend in Bramhall where I lived and he organised tickets for me and my mother for the last two games of that season which I think were against Villa 2-2 and Leicester 3-1 . We needed three points to stay up and in those days a win was worth two points so we just managed it.

I have been hooked ever since and this is either my 58th or 59th consecutive season watching our beloved team. My son and daughter are die hards and Louise's first ever game was the 5-1 derby victory ! Best moment as a City fan ,watching us win the old first division title at Newcastle in 1967/68 4-3 .Worst moment watching Alan Ball's arrogance destroy us .

I am not a fan of Pellegrini I have to admit as he has allowed the team to become too aged and is patently reluctant to give the youngsters a chance . Playing Bony last Saturday just summed him up for me as surely Faupala deserved a start given his performance against Cahill and Ivanovic v Chelsea in the FA Cup. He showed desire, aggression , effort and pace, attributes completely lacking with Bony.

Sadly we are neither good enough or deserving of the PL title this year. Injuries to key players have been an issue but with our squad we should still have performed better. I have seen some great City centre backs over the years, Dave Watson was the best, but Otimendi and Mangala for the money they cost are shockingly inept. West Ham's second goal at Upton Park recently sums up Otimendi for me.Third place has to be our realistic aim and then we need a clear out over the summer.

I will be looking forward to reading all of your comments and contributions to this forum.

Philip Barber.

Are you one of John68's grand children?

Welcome excellent introduction.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby HailNerdQueen » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:01 am

philip barber wrote:I suspect I am a grandpa in City terms compared to most of you members...I will be looking forward to reading all of your comments and contributions to this forum.

A big welcome Mr. Barber! New myself and enjoying it so far, hope you do as well! Wonderful story, wish I had half the history with City as you do :)
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:04 am

Philip Barber.

A proper fan with a realistic mindset.
Welcome.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby matemate » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:25 pm

Hello, My name is Yutaro from Japan.

I have been manchester city fan before they got money.
my favorite player is Aguero, he is most important for us.

by the way, I want to ask every one.
I have plan to go Manchester from Japan next month.
Is this possible for me to wait players after Training session at the gate of Training ground?
I hear 3years ago, in the Carrington training ground, easy to get autographs.
but about new training, there is no information.
I will go Southampton vs Man City on 1,May. I will go training ground before matchday,and matchday's morning.
thanks

yutaro sakai from Japan
matemate
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:30 pm

matemate wrote:Hello, My name is Yutaro from Japan.

Is this possible for me to wait players after Training session at the gate of Training ground?
I will go Southampton vs Man City on 1,May. I will go training ground before matchday,and matchday's morning.
thanks

yutaro sakai from Japan

Welcome Yutaro, The new academy complex has gates at the entrance where you can wait for the players
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby matemate » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:52 am

thanks for reply and I'm glad to hear.
Where is entrance? I got this map http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... world.html

Are there any chance the day before match day? I will go 30 April.
sorry for making many question.

thanks
yutaro

Wonderwall wrote:
matemate wrote:Hello, My name is Yutaro from Japan.

thanks

yutaro sakai from Japan

Welcome Yutaro, The new academy complex has gates at the entrance where you can wait for the players
matemate
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:41 pm

ようこそ、matemate!

Where are you in Japan?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby matemate » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:01 pm

hello,
I'm living in Tokyo, thanks.
could you answer my question everyone?
matemate
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Slim » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:13 pm

matemate wrote:hello,
I'm living in Tokyo, thanks.
could you answer my question everyone?

Tokyo is in Japan, next question.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueMoonUGA » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:25 pm

I am a student currently at the University of Georgia in the United States and have been bleeding blue for many years now (yes even before Kun scored his 93' winner). I am not sure how much I will catch as far as discussion goes because of the time difference but I must say how about that game today. This team truly is a box of chocolates, you just never know what you're gonna get. Regardless, great performance out there against a good PSG on the road. KDB sure does look up to giving the rest of this season all he has got.

Looking forward to some lively discussion on all things City! Come on City!
BlueMoonUGA
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.
My favourite player is: Kevin De Bruyne

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:49 am

BlueMoonUGA wrote:I am a student currently at the University of Georgia in the United States and have been bleeding blue for many years now (yes even before Kun scored his 93' winner). I am not sure how much I will catch as far as discussion goes because of the time difference but I must say how about that game today. This team truly is a box of chocolates, you just never know what you're gonna get. Regardless, great performance out there against a good PSG on the road. KDB sure does look up to giving the rest of this season all he has got.

Welcome on board pal
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:46 pm

BlueMoonUGA wrote:I am a student currently at the University of Georgia in the United States and have been bleeding blue for many years now (yes even before Kun scored his 93' winner). I am not sure how much I will catch as far as discussion goes because of the time difference but I must say how about that game today. This team truly is a box of chocolates, you just never know what you're gonna get. Regardless, great performance out there against a good PSG on the road. KDB sure does look up to giving the rest of this season all he has got.

Cheers Forest, but do you hate the fruit flavours?

This is a forum that has many different countries involved, you'll have plenty to talk about
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby FFB01 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi guys,

My name is Friedrich. I am a big Manchester City fan from Germany. I am a Citizen-Member for many years but unfortunately I´ve never been in England before and never attended a game in Manchester. I´ve attended some european away games in Germany.
Now it seems that I am in Manchester with my university class exactly when the game against Real Madrid takes place. I am so excited but I worry about the ticketing.

Could you please help me?

My questions:
  • Do I have a chance to get a ticket without having any ticket points?
  • If yes, can I buy 2 tickets with my Cityzen membership or only one? I prefer don´t to go alone.
  • Are there print@home tickets available? Since I travel to England by end of the week there is no time to ship the tickets to Germany.

Sorry for this very basic questions but I can´t find this information on the official website. They just say that the member sales starts tmr 2pm but no further infomation

big thanks for any help in advance!!
FFB01
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:25 am

FFB01 wrote:Hi guys,

My name is Friedrich. I am a big Manchester City fan from Germany. I am a Citizen-Member for many years but unfortunately I´ve never been in England before and never attended a game in Manchester. I´ve attended some european away games in Germany.
Now it seems that I am in Manchester with my university class exactly when the game against Real Madrid takes place. I am so excited but I worry about the ticketing.

Could you please help me?

My questions:
  • Do I have a chance to get a ticket without having any ticket points?
  • If yes, can I buy 2 tickets with my Cityzen membership or only one? I prefer don´t to go alone.
  • Are there print@home tickets available? Since I travel to England by end of the week there is no time to ship the tickets to Germany.

Sorry for this very basic questions but I can´t find this information on the official website. They just say that the member sales starts tmr 2pm but no further infomation

big thanks for any help in advance!!

Welcome!

I would guess that the simple answer to your first question will be no, unless you use a ticket reseller like viagogo and pay way above face value. Tickets for Arsenal at home start at 150 points, so it's highly unlikely the minimum for the Madrid game will be any lower than this.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Aguero10 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:24 am

Hi everyone.

I've been a City fan for almost 8 years now. I started following when Wayne Bridge signed for us, and haven't regretted it that much since.
My dad is originally from Manchester but moved over here to Iceland in the 80s because of the EU fisheries policy. He is a blue but I grew up supporting Wigan as I'd heard the story of Dave Wheelan breaking his leg in the FA Cup Final and thought it was a great story.

My first game was the same as Sheik Mansour when we beat LIverpool 3-0 with two goals from Dzeko, I think?

My favourite ever City player is Kevin de Bruyne and I hope we buy some exciting players this summer as Gundogan doesn't inspire.

Look forward to arguing with all my fellow blues over the next few years.

Aguero10
Aguero10
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Beelzebub
My favourite player is: Wayne Clarke

Postby HailNerdQueen » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Aguero10 wrote:Hi everyone.

I've been a City fan for almost 8 years now. I started following when Wayne Bridge signed for us, and haven't regretted it that much since.
My dad is originally from Manchester but moved over here to Iceland in the 80s because of the EU fisheries policy. He is a blue but I grew up supporting Wigan as I'd heard the story of Dave Wheelan breaking his leg in the FA Cup Final and thought it was a great story.

My first game was the same as Sheik Mansour when we beat LIverpool 3-0 with two goals from Dzeko, I think?

My favourite ever City player is Kevin de Bruyne and I hope we buy some exciting players this summer as Gundogan doesn't inspire.

Aguero10

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Good pick on favs, de Bruyne is pretty phenomenal!
Mine was Yaya, but I just don't know anymore...
We'll see who we get in Pep's picks
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:40 pm

Aguero10

Wayne Bridge certainly created a lot of discussion here.

Welcome
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:02 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Aguero10

Welcome

A little known fact, but when he went down to sign for Reading it took him 17 days to get there as he could only turn his car to the left.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby littlebig » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:00 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Aguero10

Welcome

We certainly signed some corkers back in those days. Seems a lifetime ago now.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum