Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:04 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Bloody hell, is this a maths class. All's people wanted to see were to numbers intervened by a dash, ie. 32/1.

Now, in 2 numbers, what is the probability?

1/2

Pay attention

I've tried to. So, the probability of me flipping a coin and it landing on heads 6 times is 1/2?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:14 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I've tried to. So, the probability of me flipping a coin and it landing on heads 6 times is 1/2?

No what he was saying (I think) is if you had 6 blank spots on a card to fill out with your next 1 pick, then the chances of you filling those 6 spots with heads is 1/2
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:16 am

This thread is sending my head west!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:22 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I've tried to. So, the probability of me flipping a coin and it landing on heads 6 times is 1/2?

No what he was saying (I think) is if you had 6 blank spots on a card to fill out with your next 1 pick, then the chances of you filling those 6 spots with heads is 1/2

Cheers Lee, so not a proper equation in regard to the accumulative value.

Here's the best answer I could find:

Formula: 1 out of 2 raised to the "n"th power. "n" is the number of times you want to flip the same side in a row.

In other words, if you only want to flip ONE heads in a row, you'd have a 1 out of 2 raised to the power of ONE. (2 raised to the 1st power is still 2, so you'd have a 1 out of 2 chance.)

If you want 5 in a row, it's 1 out of 2 raised to the 5th power. 2 raised to the 5th power is 32, so you'd have a 1 out of 32 shot.

2 raised to the 6th power is 64, so the chance or probability that you'd get 6 heads (or tails) in a row is 1 out of 64.

***By the way - one more thing to point out. 1 out of 32 (for 5 heads) and 1 out of 64 (for 6 heads) are PROBABILITIES. It's the CHANCE that something will happen.

If you want to state it in terms of ODDS, you would say "31 to 1 against" for 5 heads, and "63 to 1 against" for 6 heads. There are 31 ways for you NOT to get 5 heads in a row, but only 1 way FOR you to get this, so the ODDS are 31 to 1 against it happening.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Bloody hell, is this a maths class. All's people wanted to see were to numbers intervened by a dash, ie. 32/1.

1/2

Pay attention

I've tried to. So, the probability of me flipping a coin and it landing on heads 6 times is 1/2?

No, it's 1/64; but since there is the alternance of playing home/away, if you play away one week you will two weeks later, and CL games are every two weeks; so, all in all, the probability of playing away all games after CL is the same of playing one, which is 1/2, because according to this alternance rule, you either play all or no games away after CL. I hope I could explain myself, lol.

This said, the alternance thing is not so rigid so the powers which be could have amended to it and reduced our number of away games after CL; but they didn't.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Dameerto » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:

1/2

Pay attention

One quarter - imagine it's a coin toss - the possibility of having two heads or two tails from two tosses is ONE QUARTER. because it is 1/2 x 1/2 (better described as a half to the power of two). THIS IS YOUR FUNDAMENTAL MISTAKE. Now substitute fixtures for tosses. (and make it six of them). As I already posted previously it's 1 chance out of 64, as Im too lazy to work out the percentage exactly it's roughly 1.5 percent.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:41 pm

mmmh.

I think Lev is right.

Each round of fixtures is determined separately.

So each time a weekend schedule of fixtures comes up, it's 50/50 only and always a 50/50 choice. The probability of getting six aways in a row is different from the probability of getting home and away each time the weekend round of matches are determined.

We had two away games at Bolton and Spurs and because of the 'newness' of the season these mask the conniving going on. Allowed them to manipulate the later weeks perhaps ? ( just joking ! , i expect it to be purely random). There was no reason to have City play those games AA and not AH. United could easily have played away when we were given Spurs away after the previous weeks selection of Home or away choice for Bolton was completed.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:59 pm

I just don't buy the 'playing away after every CL game' as an excuse. Yes it was unfortunate but they are professional players, it shouldn't be a problem. We have a big squad.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:06 pm

I think we need Rainman's input on this one.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby GhoulishZombie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:43 pm

If anyone watched the Liverpool game, you have to say he was bios towards them
GhoulishZombie
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dzeko

Postby Dameerto » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Lev, we're talking about playing an AWAY league game after each CL group stage game.

Me too.

As long as CL group games are held on alternate weeks AND we're away on alternate weeks, then we're EITHER at home after each CL group game OR away. Only two sets of fixtures are possible so the probability of playing either set of fixures is 1/2.

As for your second post, you've just exposed the difficulties of infinity mathematics.

Fortunately, we don't need to worry about that as Sky have yet to impose the infinitely long season and UEFA haven't developed the notion of an infinite number of CL group games.
Best not give them any ideas.

It's irrelevant when the CL games are held (providing there's enough time between them to allow a Prem game to be played). There are more than two sets of possibilities for Prem fixtures as well since Prem fixtures don't occur alternately home or away - your assumptions are wrong. (For example it could be HAHAHA, AHAHAH, HHAHAA, HHHAAA, HHHHHH, AAAAAA, HHHHHA, HHHHAA, etc, etc, etc). At this point I'm repeating myself.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:05 pm

The truth is that there's no probabilities for this, Taggart says he wants 6 home games after the CL and he gets them. Taggart says he would like a nice little run of games over a certain period, he gets tem. It's not conspiracy, it's not theories, it's not even a roll of the dice, it's Taggarts Law and we all have to abide by it.

Thanks for the input though ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby WiganBlue » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Stoke and Birmingham have also played an AWAY league game after every Europa League game, even in qualifying.

http://www.stokecityfc.com/page/Fixtures/
http://www.bcfc.com/page/Fixtures

Is this Ferguson's doing as well, has he got something against Stoke? Or is it Alex McLeish plotting to stop Birmingham push for promotion from the Championship in case it upsets Southampton, or West Ham?

Edit: Fulham have played at HOME following a Europa League tie 7 times out of a possible 9 this season. Has Martin Jol 'had a word' with Platini to fix this as well?
WiganBlue
Superman's Underpants

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:14 pm

WiganBlue wrote:Stoke and Birmingham have also played an AWAY league game after every Europa League game, even in qualifying.

http://www.stokecityfc.com/page/Fixtures/
http://www.bcfc.com/page/Fixtures

Is this Ferguson's doing as well, has he got something against Stoke? Or is it Alex McLeish plotting to stop Birmingham push for promotion from the Championship in case it upsets Southampton, or West Ham?

Edit: Fulham have played at HOME following a Europa League tie 7 times out of a possible 9 this season. Has Martin Jol 'had a word' with Platini to fix this as well?

Yes and yes. They're all out to get us.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Who cares if we are away or not after a Euro match ... we still have to play 19 other clubs home and away in the league. I bet next season we get mainly home games after a CL match, I really don't think it makes much difference I certainly wouldn't put the dropped points to Fulham and Chelsea because we played a Euro match (be it home or away) a few days previously ... we won the other matches including stuffing the rags, was that because of a CL match ... no, no it wasn't
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:21 am

Beefymcfc wrote:The truth is that there's no probabilities for this, Taggart says he wants 6 home games after the CL and he gets them. Taggart says he would like a nice little run of games over a certain period, he gets tem. It's not conspiracy, it's not theories, it's not even a roll of the dice, it's Taggarts Law and we all have to abide by it.

Thanks for the input though ;-)

Yes - also some years ago when Taggart was unhappy about the way the fixtures came out, he started accusing the EPL of not supporting English clubs in Europe, after which I believe that the scum were allowed to send an 'observer' to attend the draw - do not know if this still happens.

But you have to think that they have 'incredible luck' when it comes to the fixtures. Look at last year - 1st game at home against a newly promoted side - OK so logic dictates that their last game (in a season of 38) would be away somewhere? - no another home game - and strangely against a newly promoted side!!

Now I know the apologists will point out that it is different this season, but a closer look is that their last home game is again against a newly promoted side and then their final 'challenge' is away to what would have been at the time the comfort of a trip to Steve Bruce's capitulating side - it probably seemed cosy at the time.

Only serious competiton over years will break the 'influence' scum representatives have in the echelons of power (e.g. David Gill as an FA board member - what a fucking joke that is) within football - which has (IMO) been established increasingly over years of them being pandered to.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:20 pm

Where does David Bernstein fit into this conspiracy?
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:38 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Where does David Bernstein fit into this conspiracy?

??? do not understand that - can you explain

Of course we all know that he has previously been our chairman but not for many years and the MASSIVE difference is that he was not in his FA role when he was our chairman unlike the slimy twat Gill.

You look to find the examples of Bernstein acting or speaking with a clear bias towards CITY - you will struggle!!!

Use google etc to find examples Gill during his FA role spouting forth in favour of the scum TO THE EXTENT THAT HE IS SLAGGING OF THE FA GROUP THAT HE IS A BOARD MEMBER OF and you will find - well lets just say that you need to have a lot of time on your hands to wade through it all

Bet you were flabbergasted?? at how quickly the Adebayor incident with van persie was pushed through the recently devised fast track disciplinary process a key mover of which was Gill so that he could be banned with immediate effect before the next CITY game - guess who that was against????
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby feedthegreek » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:47 pm

benitez was right rafas rant was it, bent as out. we play 1st and 3rd of jan and scum play 31st and 4th. by the way the purple one as
already been on the phone giving steve keane is full support another bend over one coming up.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby guv111 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:08 pm

feedthegreek wrote:benitez was right rafas rant was it, bent as out. we play 1st and 3rd of jan and scum play 31st and 4th. by the way the purple one as
already been on the phone giving steve keane is full support another bend over one coming up.

Did someone say they couldn't understand a word Palus wrote ;)
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum