Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:02 pm

Dameerto wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:i don't believe in the conspiracy theories either, but it would be interesting to have someone give the statistical possibilities of City playing away after every CL match and the Filth playing at home. Shirley, that would be an interesting number. Just sayin.

If we lose the league, it will be down to us, which is a good feeling to be honest. We don't need other teams to have a terrific swoon, we just need to do our jobs and we can win it. It's that fact which makes people look for external factors to blame/get paranoid about i think. All that footballing responsibility or possibility isn't something we're used to, is it? For Rags, they are used to it...it's what they've known for two decades now.

This is where we make our money...the next month will i think dictate what happens for City this season. We need to shine like diamonds.

cheers

The two things are the same really, since the police and health and safety don't want fans from four clubs in Manchester on the same date and time. I'd still like to see the probability though.

Id love to play conkers on some Health and safety s fuckign head...so I would.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dameerto » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Id love to play conkers on some Health and safety s fuckign head...so I would.

I'm guessing they'd be suitably attired...
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby CityGer » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:51 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Are you taking the fucking piss ? There are more threads created by people like yourselves moaning about the rest of us having views on Utd than there are the opposite.

In stead of having a go at us. Why not ask yourself the question why YOU feel the need to start another thread on it & what kind of fucking responses do you expect to get ? Just a load of people agreeing with you & nothing else ? Isthat how far they've got into your head ? You have started a fucking thread, designed to get people posting the exact stuff you're complaining about. ON A CITY FORUM. You're the 2nd person to start a 'lay off Utd' thread since yesterday evening ON A CITY FORUM.

If we want to accuse Utd of starting world war fucking three & assassinating President Kennedy, we are allowed to WE ARE CITY FANS. There are plenty of places full of Utd fans you can go & preach to. None of them will have any threads slagging off their members for criticising us, right or wrong.

Cheers Ted.

It was mostly your spam that was getting on my tits.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:19 pm

CityGer wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Are you taking the fucking piss ? There are more threads created by people like yourselves moaning about the rest of us having views on Utd than there are the opposite.

In stead of having a go at us. Why not ask yourself the question why YOU feel the need to start another thread on it & what kind of fucking responses do you expect to get ? Just a load of people agreeing with you & nothing else ? Isthat how far they've got into your head ? You have started a fucking thread, designed to get people posting the exact stuff you're complaining about. ON A CITY FORUM. You're the 2nd person to start a 'lay off Utd' thread since yesterday evening ON A CITY FORUM.

If we want to accuse Utd of starting world war fucking three & assassinating President Kennedy, we are allowed to WE ARE CITY FANS. There are plenty of places full of Utd fans you can go & preach to. None of them will have any threads slagging off their members for criticising us, right or wrong.

Cheers Ted.

It was mostly your spam that was getting on my tits.

Mmmmmm, Spam. Great on toast with a bit of ketchup.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby CityGer » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Mmmmmm, Spam. Great on toast with a bit of ketchup.

Straight out off the tin, grilled or fried?
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:30 pm

CityGer wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Mmmmmm, Spam. Great on toast with a bit of ketchup.

Straight out off the tin, grilled or fried?

Got to be fried. Heart attack on bread. Can't remember the last time but I'm certain it was spanking gorgeous.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Lev Bronstein » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Dameerto wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:i don't believe in the conspiracy theories either, but it would be interesting to have someone give the statistical possibilities of City playing away after every CL match and the Filth playing at home. Shirley, that would be an interesting number. Just sayin.

If we lose the league, it will be down to us, which is a good feeling to be honest. We don't need other teams to have a terrific swoon, we just need to do our jobs and we can win it. It's that fact which makes people look for external factors to blame/get paranoid about i think. All that footballing responsibility or possibility isn't something we're used to, is it? For Rags, they are used to it...it's what they've known for two decades now.

This is where we make our money...the next month will i think dictate what happens for City this season. We need to shine like diamonds.

cheers

The two things are the same really, since the police and health and safety don't want fans from four clubs in Manchester on the same date and time. I'd still like to see the probability though.

Only four events are possible - us H or A, plus rags H or A. As we're never, rarely, both at home or both away on the same weekend, in effect there are only two possible: us H and rags A, or us A and rags H. So, the probability is 1/2 or 50%.

Nothing really to get paranoid about. Mind you, the probability of us away and the rags at home after every away CL match (assuming the same CL draw) five years in a row would be 1/32. Now that would be a fix.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dameerto » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:23 pm

Four events per round of fixtures, times six fixtures (for the group stage CL games)
Or if you're just talking about us, it's 1/2 for one game, times six. (to the power of six rather?)
Last edited by Dameerto on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Arjan Van Schotte wrote:it is very boring. the fa are out to get us, the refs are out to get us, the papers are out to get us, uefa are out to get us (ok - that might have some truth....) - but if they all gather in darkened rooms to ensure our failure, then someone forgot to invite surly alex's "good friend" tony pulis on wednesday night.

although,speaking of him, i can't believe more wasn't made of when pulis withdrew his players on loan at preston when they sacked the son of satan.

How many of us came straight out & said that Stoke rolled over for us ? Yet we are not capable of seeing a team do the same v the rags ? If teams do the same for us regularly, we will comment on it. When teams play like their lives depend on it one week then play like they're visiting a museum & don't want to break anything v the rags, we will also comment on it.

not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with my post. but good luck.

also - i seem to remember that west brom were very unlucky to lose at home to the rags.

also, stoke (a) norwich (h) liverpool (a) sunderland (h) swansea (a)newcastle (h) crystal palace (h) aston villa (a). not sure you could argue that any of those granted a walkover either.

if we win the league - it will be because we got the most points.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby CityGer » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
How many of us came straight out & said that Stoke rolled over for us ? Yet we are not capable of seeing a team do the same v the rags ? If teams do the same for us regularly, we will comment on it. When teams play like their lives depend on it one week then play like they're visiting a museum & don't want to break anything v the rags, we will also comment on it.

us us us we we we us us we we

Have you been appointed official spokesman for the paranoid and conspiracy theorists?
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lev Bronstein » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:30 pm

Dameerto wrote:Four events per round of fixtures, times six fixtures (for the group stage CL games)
Or if you're just talking about us, it's 1/2 for one game, times six. (to the power of six rather?)

I hate to be picky (what am I saying - I love it), but each group of fixtures are decided as one lump, so it's still 1/2 for the group.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Four events per round of fixtures, times six fixtures (for the group stage CL games)

I hate to be picky (what am I saying - I love it), but each group of fixtures are decided as one lump, so it's still 1/2 for the group.

Let me get this right, it's 2/1 to get 6 away games after a CL game? Surely it would've been just short of evens money for 2.5 games and dropped down accordingly with each away draw?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:

Nope, the question is actually about premier league games following champion's league group stage fixtures, there's a one-half probability of being away after each of the six fixtures, so one-half to the power of six is the cumulative probability of receiving away games following every CL game, which is one in sixty four (I make that about 1.5% chance of receiving the set of away fixtures that we ended up with this season)
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:

Nope, the question is actually about premier league games following champion's league group stage fixtures, there's a one-half probability of being away after each of the six fixtures, so one-half to the power of six is the cumulative probability of receiving away games following every CL game, which is one in sixty four (I make that about 1.5% chance of receiving the set of away fixtures that we ended up with this season)

is the point not that once the PL games have been decided, that as the CL games fall on the "same" weeks that one of us or the rags will get either all home games or away games = 50% chance?

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dameerto » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:56 pm

There are still six fixtures, regardless of when they were decided, with a cumulative probability taking each into account.

My initial thought was that it was a half TIMES six which would be as you said - but I realised just afterwards its TO THE POWER OF, which makes all the difference.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Dameerto wrote:There are still six fixtures, regardless of when they were decided, with a cumulative probability taking each into account.

so you're discounting the fact that we will never (i think the last time was grimsby at home but am probably wrong) be at home on the same night as them and putting it down to conspiracy? rather than the FACT that once the PL fixtures have been decided we'll have a 50/50 chance of being either home or away after each one?

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dameerto » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:01 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
Dameerto wrote:There are still six fixtures, regardless of when they were decided, with a cumulative probability taking each into account.

so you're discounting the fact that we will never (i think the last time was grimsby at home but am probably wrong) be at home on the same night as them and putting it down to conspiracy? rather than the FACT that once the PL fixtures have been decided we'll have a 50/50 chance of being either home or away after each one?

50/50 chance we will be at home for ONE fixture (which is a half). For six it's 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 which is CUMULATIVE. You're making the same mistake as Lev.
Last edited by Dameerto on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Exactly. No prob with stoke rolling over (obviously) and it their head it makes sense - unlikely to get anything so save yourself for a winnable game. As long as they do the same for rags spurs Chelsea etc no one can complain.
I do have a problem with someone like Wigan who can get points off Chelsea one week and not string two passes together the next. In fairness though wigan are like that most weeks. Never seen such a jeckyl and Hyde side but I knew which one would arrive at the swamp.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:09 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:

Concerning the rest, Grimsby have played in the Prem at the same time as us under current policing rules/requests have they? Otherwise it's a meaningless example - as for your supposition/assumption I'm responding to something mentioned by another poster, not claiming anything is conspiricy, just trying to give some (CORRECT) figures to a question.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:15 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:

How anti-conspiracy are you? We have 6 away games and you say it's 50/50!

I'm 50/50 when it comes to betting but even I'd say that was a long shot. You're having us off man.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum