* Twitchy Trial Tweet Cam *

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Twitchy Trial Tweet Cam

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Manx Blue wrote:Just thinking back, Harry had a right Spaz Attack when the lad off Sky said he was a "Wheeler Dealer" a couple of years ago didn't he?

A player moving from A to B, in my eyes, means team A get the money. Maybe the a player gets a few bob for the move, and or his agent. but not manager of team A. The player is an asset of Team A...not the manager.

Thats how I see it or am I just being naive and stupid?

The fact that his previous 'bonuses' were out in the open, seems to suggest that managers are free to negotiate a percentage for selling players. This is in effect, legalised bunging. How the fuck football can allow this to happen is beyond me. No doubt some managers (mentioning no names) will have agents selling them a player, then rewarding them under the counter in money or goods to sweeten the deal, whilst the manager is simultaneously selling a player (perhaps even through the same agent) & getting money from the club, perhaps paying , or giving goods etc to the agent under the counter using some of the club's money, whilst the agent is bunging another fucking manager for buying said player & possibly being bunged by that manager for selling one of HIS players !

How the fuck could the football authorities allow the game to operate like this ? Whatever Harry's outcome, giving these people 'bonuses' for selling players is BEGGING for some of them to engage in corruption.

Interesting how quiet the market is at the moment. A certain face used to crop up a lot, buying and selling lots of players in January.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby feedthegreek » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:57 pm

makes you wonder if hes still on the same sort of contract at spurs now, i mean modric wanted to leave, levy said he was going nowhere reknapp didnt pick him v scum , said his head was all wrong then says theres times when its better to sell and restrengthen
the squad, pound notes in his eyes, then levy comes out and repeats the statement hes going nowhere , just sayin like.
defoe pompey to spurs and back, crouch pompey to spurs.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby feedthegreek » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:24 pm

redknapp told police he did,nt tell his accountant about monaco account cos he didnt think there was any money in it.
mandaric told police the money in rosie account was a loan to twitcher which he expected to be paid back.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Chinners wrote:No more tweets from journalists at the trial because the judge forbade it after a journalist tweeted a jurors name.
Apparently one of the jurors has the same name as a famous footballer. Some idiot journo must have actually tweeted it. Now journos have been asked to go outside to tweet...

Has juror Mr Balotelli been removed ?

Hahah now thats funny Ted.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:36 pm

DAY 2 - 4.20
Early finish today with the judge reminding the jury not to research on the internet! The case resumes at 10am tomorrow.

Mr Beasley told Redknapp what Mandaric had said, the manager said: "Well, if that's what he said, then he is wrong."
Redknapp added: "What people don't seem to understand - this money was paid by Milan in his American account... It was a bonus I was due."
Redknapp declared his Monaco account to inspectors less than two weeks before joining Spurs, the prosecution allege
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby bigblue » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Harry's problem is that he can't keep his fucking mouth shut. Mandaric must be kicking himself for ever doing business with a loose-lipped cunt like saggy ball face. Every time the detectives interview him he just keeps spewing excuses and probably contradicting the story that Mandaric had already told.

wheeler and dealer, and a shit one at that
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:00 pm

I cant stop laughing at all this Arry is so bent it's unreal.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Day 2 - Afternoon highlights
Milan Mandaric tried to fool police into believing bungs sent to Harry Redknapp were a tax-free loan, a court heard today.

The former Portsmouth chairman asked Redknapp to repay about £100,000 in 2009 - weeks after giving no comment during questioning by detectives.

The "transparent device" by Mandaric came after the Tottenham manager told officers "I don't fiddle", the Crown alleges.

Mandaric told City of London Police he "didn't want to be a loser in Harry's eyes in the investment world", a jury at Southwark Crown Court heard.

John Black QC, for the prosecution, said Mandaric's lawyer sent a letter to Redknapp's solicitors a month after the chairman had given no comment to officers on June 8 2009.

The letter said: "Mr Mandaric requests that 145,000 US dollars is repaid by Harry as soon as he is able to arrange it, to Mr Mandaric's following account."

Black added: "The Crown suggest this could be a transparent device by Mr Mandaric to attempt to create an impression that the money paid by Mr Mandaric into the Rosie 47 account had only ever been advanced by way of a loan."

DAY 2 summing up
The Prosecution case has barely begun. No witnesses called yet. Defence will follow after but can cross-examine all pros witnesses

IF convicted, maximum sentence of seven years (but he would not get that). Could be jailed, suspended sentence, fine

Redknapp insisted money was due on PFC contract as Director of Football for profit on Peter Crouch, Mandaric came up with offshore idea

Very long somewhat repetitive day with the basic claim that Redknap hid existence of Monaco a/c for six years.

The way its going I wouldn't be surprised if this goes on longer than the two weeks projected.
Last edited by Chinners on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Lev Bronstein » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:35 pm

Something came up last year re Holloway at Blackpool. It emerged that he was on a percentage on the sale of players think it supposed to be on profit. Apparently, this sort of thing is common in the lower leagues where clubs aren't in a position to pay managers a big wage up front. Not something that applies to Rednapp at portsmouth I would guess.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john68 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:Something came up last year re Holloway at Blackpool. It emerged that he was on a percentage on the sale of players think it supposed to be on profit. Apparently, this sort of thing is common in the lower leagues where clubs aren't in a position to pay managers a big wage up front. Not something that applies to Rednapp at portsmouth I would guess.

I aslo remember reading a piece in the Guardian regarding Keegan's alleged dealings with an agency he was involved with. Don't think it went any further than denials.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Kind of disturbing to realise that its highly unlikely(unless i sell my house)that i will ever have a bank balance close to that of Twitchers dog.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john68 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Kind of disturbing to realise that its highly unlikely(unless i sell my house)that i will ever have a bank balance close to that of Twitchers dog.

...and you'll never be asked to eat as much porridge either....poor you!!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Why would Mandaric loan Redknapp nearly 200 grand yet only ask for 100 back?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:32 pm

TAX DODGING, LYING, CANT SPEAK THE QUEENS ENGLISH ,FACE LIKE A BAG OF FISH N CHIPS PIECE OF SHIT.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby bluebananamilksheikh » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Has there been any mention of him receiving anything from the sale of Benjani?
That would be annoying, because at the time I remember he was panicking the deal was not going to go through because of the late registration and Benjani's kip at the Airport.

He was proper twitchy on SSN that Deadline day!
bluebananamilksheikh
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Champ1-6ns 12
My favourite player is: Richard Wright

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Good work Chinners, this'll be another one of my staple reads.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dronny » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Mase wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:If convicted does anyone know what the punishment may be - are we looking at a custodial sentence?

Just about to ask the same question. Realistically, what will he get?

He'll become adept at handling wet soap as he'll only drop it once......
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Goataldo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Dronny wrote:
Mase wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:If convicted does anyone know what the punishment may be - are we looking at a custodial sentence?

Just about to ask the same question. Realistically, what will he get?

He'll become adept at handling wet soap as he'll only drop it once......

Hahaha, I hope he gets what he deserves. He'll be twitching more than Bill Oddie on a day trip to Slimbridge. Wish it was on telly.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby city72 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:20 pm

Harry redknapp has reported roberto mancini to the FA after mancini waved an imaginary tax return at him.....
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby blues-clues » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Hope the case is over before the Jan 31st deadline. Terrible if twitchy missed doing his tax return this year because he was in court for not paying his taxes!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum