* Twitchy Trial Tweet Cam *

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: * Twitchy Trial Tweet Cam *

Postby Chinners » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:44 am

DAY 13
[strike]Twitchy[/strike] Redknapp and Mandaric cleared of ALL charges.

Redknapp and Mandaric embraced each other after verdict read out. Harry Redknapp leaves court arm in arm with son Jamie having been found not guilty of tax evasion.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby twosips » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:45 am

Gutted :(

It's so fucking obvious that he is guilty. Got away with it. Sigh. And now he'll be England manager and I'll have to continue to hate England.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 am

Fesan wrote:Can't wait to hear the reasoning behind this, surely the crown will appeal? (BTW I so envy you guys calling it "The Crown", sounds so cool. Alot better than the people or as we call it the state! Maybe I'll try to start a trend here in Norway calling it something like "the rock hard viking bastards".

"And now news from Norway, the rock hard viking bastards will appeal the verdict against former head coach of Rosenborg for tax evasion."

It just sounds right!

The payments were deamed as investments NOT bonuses and therfore not taxable apparently
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 am

well done arry...ill try diddling the tax man myself, sounds like a piece of piss, bound to get away with it arent I?
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby cartesr » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:53 am

So Redknapp for England manager and then the press can destroy him like they did with venables. We won't have to wait very long
cartesr
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Postby cartesr » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:55 am

cartesr wrote:<null>

Mind you he won't be able to wheeler dealer as England manager better pawn the Wii arry
cartesr
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Even getting off with it he still comes out of all this looking like a right fucking dick,as he said he cant read or write,cant use a mobile,cant send an email,cant fax,cant pay a cheque in jack all just to clear his name.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Chinners » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:07 pm

DAY 13 - Epilogue
Harry Redknapp cleared of tax evasion Harry Redknapp said he lied to a News of the World Reporter

Harry Redknapp has been cleared of evading tax on payments made to his Monaco bank account.
The Tottenham boss had denied accepting secret untaxed bonus payments from former Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric, while he was club manager.
Mr Mandaric was also cleared of two charges of cheating the public revenue.
Jurors rejected prosecution claims the money was a bonus for selling Peter Crouch and beating Manchester United.
Mr Redknapp and Mr Mandaric embraced in the dock as the verdicts were read after five hours of deliberations.

Mr Mandaric walked up to Det Insp Dave Manley to shake his hand and said "Thank you".
It can also now be reported that Mr Mandaric and Peter Storrie, Portsmouth's former chief executive, were cleared of tax evasion charges at a separate trial last October.
They were both accused of evading tax over player Eyal Berkovics's termination fee.

Mr Storrie was also accused of dodging tax on a signing-on fee to midfielder Amdy Faye when he moved from Auxerre to Portsmouth.
Mr Storrie, who is now allowed to speak about his trial, told BBC News: "We said from day one that it [the case] was farcical.

"I am delighted we've been proved completely innocent and I can get my reputation back."
During Mr Redknapp's and Mr Mandaric's trial, jurors heard the Spurs boss received two payments totalling £189,000, into his "Rosie 47" account in Monaco - named after his pet dog.
Mr Mandaric is the owner of Sheffield Wednesday The defence said the money was an investment made by Mr Mandaric while Mr Redknapp said he forgot about the account and had very little to do with it.

The prosecution claimed the first payment of £93,100 was a bonus for selling striker Crouch for £3.25m profit.
The court heard Mr Redknapp's cut of transfer profits was reduced from 10% to 5% when he moved from being Portsmouth's director of football to manager in March 2002 but Mr Redknapp told jurors he felt he was was "morally" due the full 10%.
Mr Mandaric said he "wanted to do something special for Harry" but he denied it was compensation for his Crouch bonus and said it was an investment for a "friend".

It was claimed the second payment of £96,300 was a bonus for Portsmouth beating Manchester United.
During the trial, Mr Redknapp admitted lying to News of the World reporter Rob Beasley about the alleged Crouch payment because he did not want negative stories ahead of a cup final.
The Tottenham boss said: "I have to tell police the truth, not Mr Beasley - he's a News of the World reporter."

But Mr Mandaric's barrister, Lord MacDonald, described the accusation as "really desperate stuff".
He said there was "nothing even slightly sinister" about the actions.
Chris Martins, from HM Revenue and Customs, said outside court: "Tax evasion is not a victim-less crime.
"We have no regrets about pursuing this case, it was vitally important the facts were put in front of a jury. We accept the verdicts."
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goataldo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Quel surprise.

I genuinely feel a bit sick. This world is made for and by corruption in seems. I knew that anyway, but at the start of the trial, knowing how corrupt this disgusting collection of scrotal offcuts, mistimed blinks, and drooping lips was, assumed he would get what he deserved.

I'm currently writing a letter to HMRC contesting a late fine of £100 pounds they're trying to enforce for a late Self Assessment calculation I sent. This is despite some bint telling me I had til the 15th due to perfectly legitmate reasons I won't bore you with the details of. I have names, dates, times etc. I don't expect they'll relent, but I'm not in a position to dish out a ton, willy nilly.

Hope Twitchy joins Rosie soon. When he does I'll drink a hearty toast to it. May he rot in Hell.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:35 pm

In fairness I would have found them not guilty as well. All HMRC had was one dormant account with no activity and for a relatively poxy amount. They had no paper trail demonstrating systematic intent to defraud the taxman over a period of time. The evidence they had hinged on a taped phone conversation with Beasley/NOTW which Redknapp freely admitted was a pack of lies to get rid of them. Relying on a taped conversation with the NOTW as the main piece of evidence of Redknapp's intent to evade tax was never likely to win a case when you had bugger all else to back it up.

Personally I think the case was a joke and a waste of tax payers money (oh the irony).
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:39 pm

Scrotal offcuts! lol nice one
Bianchi on Ice

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Chinners wrote:DAY 13
Hold on to your hats ... verdicts looming, they are all coming back into court!!!

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Not guilty!

You just couldn't wait, could ya ....... Spoiling Chinners Big Moment!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Chinners » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:46 pm

The only thing spoilt for me was the verdict. I thought they would both get suspended sentences to be honest.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fesan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Chinners wrote:The only thing spoilt for me was the verdict. I thought they would both get suspended sentences to be honest.

Now let us in on the dirt you could not share before!:-)
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Inevitable conclusion. ross.mcfc's quote hit the nail on the head a few pages back.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Chinners » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Fesan wrote:
Chinners wrote:The only thing spoilt for me was the verdict. I thought they would both get suspended sentences to be honest.

Now let us in on the dirt you could not share before!:-)

Indeed, I'll prepare a summary of the bollox later this evening ... got to sift through all my notes!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:35 pm

BobKowalski wrote:In fairness I would have found them not guilty as well. All HMRC had was one dormant account with no activity and for a relatively poxy amount. They had no paper trail demonstrating systematic intent to defraud the taxman over a period of time. The evidence they had hinged on a taped phone conversation with Beasley/NOTW which Redknapp freely admitted was a pack of lies to get rid of them. Relying on a taped conversation with the NOTW as the main piece of evidence of Redknapp's intent to evade tax was never likely to win a case when you had bugger all else to back it up.

Personally I think the case was a joke and a waste of tax payers money (oh the irony).

Why would you tell someone it was a 'bonus' in order to get rid of them ?

Why not tell them it was a gift & nothing to do with football in order to get rid of them ?

Perhaps it helps to have six months to think of an answer.

I'm wondering what the football authorities position is regarding employers giving employees money in offshore bank accounts. If it's perfectly acceptable then presumably it'll be ok for Sheikh Mansour to give Lionel Messi £50 mil in the future to start building a chain of hotels or just leave it there if he's not arsed ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Next England manager then once the FA got rid of Capello?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby blues-clues » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 pm

There has to be a better way than this fiasco. What possible justification was there for this outrageous waste of money. If he had been found guilty he would have had to cough up the tax, penalties and so on and the tax coffers would be £50k better off. As it is the tax payer gets a bill for £8m and good old Harry has hi reputation in tact.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby The Original Special One » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:33 pm

BobKowalski wrote:In fairness I would have found them not guilty as well. All HMRC had was one dormant account with no activity and for a relatively poxy amount. They had no paper trail demonstrating systematic intent to defraud the taxman over a period of time. The evidence they had hinged on a taped phone conversation with Beasley/NOTW which Redknapp freely admitted was a pack of lies to get rid of them. Relying on a taped conversation with the NOTW as the main piece of evidence of Redknapp's intent to evade tax was never likely to win a case when you had bugger all else to back it up.

But why set up the account in the first place?
And travel to Monaco to do so?
And how come the money was 'paid back' only after questions were being asked about it?
The Original Special One

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum