Micah Forced Off Twitter By Racists

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Micah Forced Off Twitter By Racists

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:59 am

Manchester City defender Micah Richards has left social network Twitter after being the victim of racist abuse, reports suggest.

Last year police investigated the posting of offensive comments on the footballer's official Twitter page.

The Daily Mail and Daily Mirror report that the footballer has now decided to close his Twitter account as a result of abuse by a number of people.

However, he was largely ignored by former England manager Fabio Capello and has not won an international cap since November 2010.

Checks by the BBC confirm that the footballer's official account has been closed, although there is no indication of when this took place.

Abuse on Twitter investigated by police in November was thought to have been posted on the website by someone based in Lincolnshire.

At the time, Lincolnshire Police posted a warning on its Twitter page to anyone who might be tempted to post abusive comments.

It said "deleting comments does not work".

And a spokesman for Manchester City said the club was aware that police were investigating the matter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16994086?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Micah Forced Off Twitter By Racists

Postby Dawnherts » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:42 am

There was a lot of nasty stuff on there when commented about the racism in football row. Some comments posted on there are totally out of order and shows the nut less nature of hiding behind a screen that a lot of people think actually exists!
Dawnherts
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchestet City
My favourite player is: All of them!

Postby feedthegreek » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:52 am

sad really when the media tell us players have lost touch with the fans this was a medium where they could interact like nigel did last night. pathetic i really cant understand how some people can abuse people just because of their skin colour, the same people will fly off on their hols trying to get an all over tan, really beyond belief.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Crossie » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:44 am

Internet warriors, well 'ard.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:47 am

Never used this twatter have had a few brief glimpses from the links on here but if Joey is a frequent user should ring some alarm bells.
Sound's like the wild west.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:37 am

Disgusting.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:02 am

A sign of the times unfortunately, it seems to be the "in thing" to dish out racist abuse again at the moment and is quite frankly pathetic. What a shame for all the City fans who enjoyed his banter on there, especially with Lescott and NDJ.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:18 am

King Kev wrote:.....

However, he was largely ignored by former England manager Fabio Capello and has not won an international cap since November 2010.

Absolutely shameful behaviour and let's hope it doesn't affect him but please tell me why the above sentence is included in the story, it has no relevence at all to the article?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:21 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
King Kev wrote:.....

Absolutely shameful behaviour and let's hope it doesn't affect him but please tell me why the above sentence is included in the story, it has no relevence at all to the article?

I missed out the line
The 23-year-old right back has also played for England
which should have gone before that above statement.

Not sure that makes it any better though!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:22 am

Crossie wrote:Internet warriors, well 'ard.

You don't think they would say the same things to his face?

No, me neither.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:23 am

its a shame but the internet is chock full of racists - almost every comment of a video featuring any black people on youtube has some sort of "fuckin n*ggers" comment on there

it's also a shame as I used to enjoy the banter between him, kompany, lescott and de jong - very funny
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:27 am

Wooders wrote:its a shame but the internet is chock full of racists...

Unfortunately, I don't think the problem lies entirely within the realms of the Internet.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:30 am

King Kev wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't think the problem lies entirely within the realms of the Internet.

The thing is, I can sort of understand these things coming out in the heat of the moment, even I've called the ref a black twat (it was Walton by the way) but to sit there and type it, in a peaceful enviroment?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:48 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
King Kev wrote:

The thing is, I can sort of understand these things coming out in the heat of the moment, even I've called the ref a black twat (it was Walton by the way) but to sit there and type it, in a peaceful enviroment?

Racist :)
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Absolutely shameful behaviour and let's hope it doesn't affect him but please tell me why the above sentence is included in the story, it has no relevence at all to the article?

Haha I thought exactly the same thing.

Some dickheads in this country are beyond belief. Chav scrote scumbags jealous of Micah's success because they were too useless to make anything of their own lives.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Absolutely shameful behaviour and let's hope it doesn't affect him but please tell me why the above sentence is included in the story, it has no relevence at all to the article?

Some dickheads in this country are beyond belief. Chav scrote scumbags jealous of Micah's success because they were too useless to make anything of their own lives.

I wonder if people who are not city fans as ridiculous as that sounds,and do not know who Micah is would have been so infuriated to find out that he had not been picked for England recently or that bit of info helped them build up a picture of somebody they don't know.
Fuck it no its obviously part of the plan to slag us of what was I thinking
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:

I wonder if people who are not city fans as ridiculous as that sounds,and do not know who Micah is would have been so infuriated to find out that he had not been picked for England recently or that bit of info helped them build up a picture of somebody they don't know.
Fuck it no its obviously part of the plan to slag us of what was I thinking

Oh so contrare, always.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityGer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:28 pm

It's a fucking cesspit.

The fact that people are allowed a free reign to spew whatever vile rubbish they wish is a fucking disgrace.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:32 pm

CityGer wrote:It's a fucking cesspit.

The fact that people are allowed a free reign to spew whatever vile rubbish they wish is a fucking disgrace.

Someone told me that there's no moderation. How can a social site work like that, a free for all with nobody to answer to.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby david yearsley » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:36 pm

CityGer wrote:It's a fucking cesspit.

Agree - communication for neandathals. Still let´s not let that get in the way of another mega-money spinning scam. Won´t be long till it goes public and the inventors fucl off rubbing their hands
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum