Saturday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:23 am

Micah Richards Leaves Twitter 'Following Racial Abuse'
Micah Richards has left twitter following racist abuse from members of the social networking site, according to reports on Saturday.
The Manchester City defender has shut down his twitter account @officialMR2.
A source close to Richards told the Mirror: “In recent months, however, there’s been an increase in racist abuse from a small and depressing minority, and he decided enough was enough.”
Police are investigating some of the tweets sent to the 23-year-old striker, a Man City spokesperson told the BBC.
Cyprus international footballer Tom Richards called for the site to have a "proper registration process" in response to the news.
In December Stan Collymore, the former footballer turned pundit, used his Twitter account to highlight the problem of racism, amid an ongoing row about the issue in football.
Collymore, who played for Nottingham Forest, Liverpool and Aston Villa, added racially abusive tweets to his favourite list on the social network.
MCF.net Thread: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=41827

Mancini backs Barry to replace sidelined Terry as England captain
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini believes Gareth Barry would make a good England captain.
The national team will have a new skipper for this summer's European Championships following the controversial decision to relieve John Terry of the armband last week, which ultimately led to Fabio Capello's departure as England boss.
Liverpool talisman Steven Gerrard and Tottenham's Scott Parker are thought to be among the favourites but Mancini thinks in-form City midfielder Barry is an excellent candidate.
The Italian said: 'He could be [captain] because he is a good man, a clever man on and off the pitch. He is a really good player.
'For me, like for Capello, he should play always for the national team because he is a very intelligent man.
'He has played a lot of games for the national team but I think there are two or three players who could be captain.'
Barry, 30, has become an England regular in the past four seasons and now has 51 caps to his name.
Mancini has been impressed with his performances at club level this season, feeling the former Aston Villa player has had a key role in City's Barclays Premier League title challenge.
Mancini said: 'Gareth is a strange player.
'In every team there are some players who seem not important but, in the end, they are the most important players.
'These players are quiet but they can play in every position, they help the manager, their team-mates.
'They are always available and fight for every ball. Gareth is a player like this. He is really important.'
Barry is set to feature against his old club at Villa Park on Sunday.
City got their league campaign back on track with a home victory over Fulham last week but their away form remains a concern.
While City have won all 12 of their matches at the Etihad Stadium, they have lost three and drawn three on the road.
Those losses - at Chelsea, Sunderland and Everton - have all come in the past two months but Mancini insists he is not overly concerned.
He said: 'It is impossible to win away always, like we did at the start of the season.
'You can win away but sometimes you can lose these games. Away games are difficult, not only for us, for all the teams.
'There are some games you lose away that you deserve to lose, but I don't think we deserved to lose any game away.
'If you go away and deserve to lose 3-0 it is different but never did any team deserve to beat us away.'
City should be boosted by the return of captain Vincent Kompany from injury but striker Mario Balotelli is still missing as he completes a four-game ban.

Manchester City star Kolarov hit with a ‘Premier League’ fine of £1,500 for speeding in his Mercedes
Manchester City star Aleksandar Kolarov has been hit with a £1,500 fine after being caught speeding at 48mph in a 40mph zone.
The Serbian international was behind the wheel of his high-powered car when he was caught by a speed camera.
The 26-year-old was flashed as his Mercedes C-class AMG sped along Princess Parkway in August last year.
The offence occurred on August 16, one day after City’s 4-0 victory over Swansea. Left back Kolarov was an unused sub in the game.
Although the footballer confirmed he was driving, he was sentenced in his absence and not represented in court.
Gareth Hughes, prosecuting, told Manchester magistrates: “A speed camera captured the vehicle travelling at 48mph in a 40 limit. A notice was sent to the registered keeper, that being Mr Kolarov.”
Magistrates heard that the player responded to the notice, confirming he was behind the wheel, but he failed to respond to a further court summons.
Kolarov did not appear in court and was not represented by a solicitor so the case was dealt with in his absence.
Magistrates endorsed his licence with three penalty points and fined him £1,500 after hearing he was a Premier League footballer on a high-salary. He must also pay £60 court costs.
Kolarov signed for City in July 2010 for a reported £16m and made his first team debut the following month.
The rising star is just the latest players to fall foul of the UK speeding laws.
Former City goalkeeper Shay Given and absent striker Carlos Tevez were caught speeding in Greater Manchester in the past few years, along with Reds star Rio Ferdinand and Liverpool’s Robbie Fowler.
And in January this year former Bolton Wanderers captain Kevin Nolan was caught doing 65mph in a 30 zone near Newcastle United’s training ground.
Manchester City declined to comment after Kolarov’s hearing.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

OTHER BOLLOX
West Bromwich Albion boss Roy Hodgson has refused to throw his name in the hat for the England job. the Sun

Roy Hodgson will wait for the Football Association to approach him
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew ruled out replacing Fabio Capello as England manager because of the media pressure that comes with the job. talkSHIT

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has dismissed the prospect of managing England on a part-time basis for the European Championships. Daily Express

An Italian television programme has presented Capello with a special statuette for enduring a week to forget - the third time he has won the award.
Daily Telegraph

Gareth Barry has been championed for the England captaincy by his Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini. Daily Mirror

North London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham are set to fight it out for Ajax's Belgian defender Jan Vertonghen, 24, in the summer. Metro

Anderlecht general manager Herman van Holsbeeck says he believes Liverpool want to sign their 26-year-old Congolese striker Dieumerci Mbokani. Inside Futbol

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson reckons the longevity of 38-year-old winger Ryan Giggs is down to his yoga regime. Daily Star

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has cheekily hinted that rival boss Ferguson should be the next England manager. Liverpool Echo

Demba Ba has backed Papiss Demba Cisse to find the net regularly for Newcastle
Newcastle striker Demba Ba says his new forward partner, and Senegal team-mate, Papiss Cissé can fire Newcastle into the Champions League. Daily Mirror

Aston Villa keeper Shay Given has told fans to lay off under-fire boss Alex McLeish - and blame the players instead for their recent below-par performances. talkSHIT

McLeish and winger Charles N'Zogbia were involved in a dressing room bust-up following the club's defeat by Newcastle. Daily Mail

Manager Mick McCarthy has delivered a heartfelt message to Wolves fans - declaring he wants results to improve for them. Express and Star

Blackburn striker Yakubu has revealed he rejected interest from QPR in January to help preserve Rovers' Premier League status. Lancashire Telegraph

Tottenham have been told to forget about recruiting David Moyes as their next manager - by Everton defender John Heitinga. Daily Mirror

Meanwhile, Everton boss Moyes has admitted to serious worries over Jack Rodwell's fitness after the midfielder suffered his third hamstring injury in three months. Daily Mail

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has accused the Spanish press of trying to unsettle Robin van Persie after the player was quoted as saying he would be interested in joining Real Madrid. Daily Mail

Manchester United target Wesley Sneijder has admitted he could have joined the Red Devils during the January transfer window. talkSHITE

Former England captain David Beckham has been captured on camera showing his sensational skills on the foosball table.
the Sun
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:58 am

Alena's looking mighty fine for a Saturday morning, a welcome sight indeed.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:06 am

Why isn't Barry looked at for England captain?

He's the first name on the team sheet (hasn't he only missed one England game under Capello), a model pro and his name is never dragged through the mud. I read a piece from one of the Villa youngsters who said how much respect and influence Barry had and I'd suggest this is seen with us and England as well.

He'd be the perfect choice, but that doesn't sell shirt's, does it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:07 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Why isn't Barry looked at for England captain?

He's the first name on the team sheet (hasn't he only missed one England game under Capello), a model pro and his name is never dragged through the mud. I read a piece from one of the Villa youngsters who said how much respect and influence Barry had and I'd suggest this is seen with us and England as well.

He's no 'Scotty' Parker.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:11 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Why isn't Barry looked at for England captain?

He's no 'Scotty' Parker.

Very true, that Scottyyyyyyyyyy Parker bloke is the Bollox. Understandable that the media want him as captain, he was their PotY afterall.

Wonderful player, just 'triffic.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby charlesjohny8 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:03 pm

what a sunny day here
charlesjohny8
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Barcelona
My favourite player is: Lionel Messi

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:10 pm

charlesjohny8 wrote:what a sunny day here

great post!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:15 pm

Great random post!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:40 pm

Justified logic wrote:

Great random post!

how long before he tries to sell us something?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:51 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Great random post!

yet another fishing lad from the jug ears' crew, maybe?

great post of yours, btw!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Great random post!

If it's Sergi Roberto I hope we're buying.

(Great post btw)
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum