Mancini: New Contract, New Target

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini: New Contract, New Target

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:25 pm

AG7 wrote:The idea behind posting this was not to start a debate whether what my friend told me is to be believed or not ... but that will we see City rule the football in England and in Europe over the coming years and if this 5 trophies an year doable or not. I for one want Man City to win the five this year itself, can't imagine anyone really not cheering the team on in whatever game they are playing, be it a Carling Cup game or an FA Cup game thinking the League or else is more important so let this one go? really?
I want 7 at least - when we win the Champs League we can then win the UEFA Supercup against the Europa League winners and then we can win the FIFA World Club Cup
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Moses » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:chief financial officer, apparently.

Do companies actually have these CFO's or is it another name for a treasurer?
Moses
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby sheikh it all about » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:14 pm

Moses wrote:

Yes, it's a common Americanised term but found in quite a few British companies too. It's the equivalent of Senior Financial Director, with responsibility for all financial matters.
sheikh it all about
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: The Champions

Postby Chinners » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Cheers for filling in and doing 'The Bollox' whilst I've been busy AG7.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby ant london » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Moses wrote:

treasurer will usually report into the CFO...CFO sits on the board and reports into CEO/Chairman
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:51 pm

ant london wrote:
Moses wrote:

treasurer will usually report into the CFO...CFO sits on the board and reports into CEO/Chairman

one of the few gainfully employed on this board answers a really tough question from the crowd. I'm beaming with pride.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:41 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:If the FFP wasnt introduced then I would say it could be done....but seeing as it is in place then theres no fuckign chance at all.

A triple is hard enough to get, let alone win all 5.

Well I'm hoping we will improve a little from last year. And last season we were naive/knackered in the Charity Shield, extremely unlucky/cheated in both Carling and FA cups. So it could have quite easily fallen into place with 4.

We were pretty dogs in Europe though :-)

That said I have my doubts that yer man would get the beans spilt over a private conversation without getting fired. Or that Khaldoon would do the same. Also cant see them being happy with nothing in any season. Interest would fade, as would middle east/far east shirt sales.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Socrates » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:27 am

john@staustell wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:If the FFP wasnt introduced then I would say it could be done....but seeing as it is in place then theres no fuckign chance at all.

A triple is hard enough to get, let alone win all 5.

Well I'm hoping we will improve a little from last year. And last season we were naive/knackered in the Charity Shield, extremely unlucky/cheated in both Carling and FA cups. So it could have quite easily fallen into place with 4.

We were pretty dogs in Europe though :-)

That said I have my doubts that yer man would get the beans spilt over a private conversation without getting fired. Or that Khaldoon would do the same. Also cant see them being happy with nothing in any season. Interest would fade, as would middle east/far east shirt sales.

No it wouldn't! They would take in their stride and intensify their effort. Why I am posting in this shit and embarrassing thread, though, I have no idea.
Last edited by Socrates on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby john68 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:38 pm

It's because you care Jon. :-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Moses wrote:
AG7 wrote:The source first, so you guys know it's right from the horse's mouth: One of my best mate works down in Al Ain (eastern province of Abu Dhabi) as the CFO of an aviation company, which is owned by Abu Dhabi's sovereign wealth fund as well and lo and behold the chairman of that business is our guy Khaldoon as well.

They had their quarterly board meeting in this week, which is chaired by Khaldoon. Name of the co. and my friend withheld here for obvious reasons (but probably easily found on Google I guess) ... so this friend of mine has bought himself a new Maserati and as they walk out of the meeting into the car park, Khaldoon and my friend are discussing cars and the show-off he is (my friend that is, not Kahldoon), he's singing about his new wheel's engine, customization, pickup and what not. Kahldoon asks for the key and tells his driver to follow them back to Abu Dhabi. My mate lives in Abu Dhabi, works in Al Ain, it's about an hour and thirty minutes drive east but says Khaldoon drove him back in 50 minutes.

It's during that time that the only topic of discussion was Man City and what's next, after of course the car stuff. My mate is a Liverpool fan, grew up with it. So they had an interesting back and forth, with my friend obviously not pissing his boss too much I can guess. The most interesting thing out of the whole hour long discussion they had was that he spilled what the next targets have been given to Mancini by Sheikh Mansour himself ...

Sorry for the rather long preamble, but thought you guys needed to know the exact source ...

Sheikh Mansour wants a clean-sweep in one of the seasons: 5 trophies in one year - he doesn't want any one else getting their hands on any silverware in that season out of the PL clubs ... for a half hour I couldn't first figure out what the hell was he talking about and he too didn't ask for a clarification from Khaldoon.

But then I figured it out ...

1. Charity Shield
2. Carling Cup
3. FA Cup
4. Premier League
5. Champions League

According to him, Mancini can take next four years to fuck all and get nothing and then get this done in the 5th year, they won't care and according to him, if Bob does deliver this, he will have a blank cheque in terms of whatever he wants to do at Man City and he can stay for next 30 years at whatever price he names. Their long term goal is to surpass Man United and Liverpool both in total no. of titles and cups and create a whole new era that dwarfs the previous 'history' boys ... and they don't intend to stop until then.

Now my friend (reminder: a Liverpool fan) could have exaggerated things a bit here but as long as have I known him, I think the inflation in his statements were all around his new ride and how close he is with Khaldoon now but as for this as the target given to Mancini, I personally think he was telling the truth and to me it's fairly believable ... what do you guys think? Aiming too high or ... ??

I sure think it can be done in the next five years ... and adding that Charity Shield as a fifth piece of annual silverware means, the bosses have hinted Mancini that they do expect him to win either the FA Cup or the Premier League every year on as well ...

What's a CFO?

The cunt that fucks up operations.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby AG7 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Remember this thread from about six years ago guys?

So I was talking to my same mate earlier today, he’s been promoted since and is now working a lot closer to Khaldoon in a different subsidiary now then he was at the time ...

And he still stands by the original story and said in a recent conversation with our big guy, he reaffirmed that’s the dream of the sheikh ... not just the CL but doing the lot one year ... and after Mancini, Pelegrini was asked the same which he once fumbled out to press as his target being 5 trophies in 5 years, which Khaldoon thought was 5 in one year (over the five year period, any year) ...

Anyway, the most important point of the latest conversation (and again don’t shoot the messenger, this is how I heard it directly from him) ...

Khaldoon said the same to Pep last year and Pep is the first manager to turn around and say yes, ok, we’ll do it. He said he didn’t say, we’ll try, or it might be hard or whatever else with it, Pep simply told him, we’d do it! AND I won’t leave till we do it, unless you tell me to go.

Six years ago, some believed me then, and some didn’t ... this time again, make of it what you will!

I personally think, as tough as it may be and as impossible it may sound, you can’t question the ambition of our owners ... and perhaps in Pep they’ve finally found someone as crazy as them to believe in doing what’s never been done before!

Whether we achieve it this season with a quadruple or do something special next year or the year after ... its coming! And the forces behind it all, in our manager and owners all believe it can be done ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:06 pm

AG7 wrote:Remember this thread from about six years ago guys?

So I was talking to my same mate earlier today, he’s been promoted since and is now working a lot closer to Khaldoon in a different subsidiary now then he was at the time ...

And he still stands by the original story and said in a recent conversation with our big guy, he reaffirmed that’s the dream of the sheikh ... not just the CL but doing the lot one year ... and after Mancini, Pelegrini was asked the same which he once fumbled out to press as his target being 5 trophies in 5 years, which Khaldoon thought was 5 in one year (over the five year period, any year) ...

Anyway, the most important point of the latest conversation (and again don’t shoot the messenger, this is how I heard it directly from him) ...

Khaldoon said the same to Pep last year and Pep is the first manager to turn around and say yes, ok, we’ll do it. He said he didn’t say, we’ll try, or it might be hard or whatever else with it, Pep simply told him, we’d do it! AND I won’t leave till we do it, unless you tell me to go.

Six years ago, some believed me then, and some didn’t ... this time again, make of it what you will!

I personally think, as tough as it may be and as impossible it may sound, you can’t question the ambition of our owners ... and perhaps in Pep they’ve finally found someone as crazy as them to believe in doing what’s never been done before!

Whether we achieve it this season with a quadruple or do something special next year or the year after ... its coming! And the forces behind it all, in our manager and owners all believe it can be done ...

Not saying I don't believe you, not saying it isn't coming but I do need to question why only pop in here every few years. You've only just started posting recently after a long time absent???

When you first came on here you posted relentlessly, I thought you were going for world record for starting new threads and then you drop off the radar......
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby City64 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:11 pm

And play on Monday nights so our fans cant enjoy a day on the piss before the game ..............

Too full on you pal its football ffs !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:12 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Not saying I don't believe you, not saying it isn't coming but I do need to question why only pop in here every few years. You've only just started posting recently after a long time absent???

When you first came on here you posted relentlessly, I thought you were going for world record for starting new threads and then you drop off the radar......

Haha beat me to it CTID Hants !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:16 pm

The gang's not all quite here anymore - rather sadly :(
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby AG7 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:22 pm

I don’t post as much ... but read almost every day ... I dropped out when the app got dropped, as used to catch up on that a lot ...

Maybe next season will bring the NEXT threads back! Depends on work too, am always travelling these days too :(
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:34 pm

City64 wrote:

And play on Monday nights so our fans cant enjoy a day on the piss before the game ..............

Too full on you pal its football ffs !!!

Whinge whine whinge.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:10 am

What a load of absolute horseshite.
Original Dub

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:13 am

Original Dub wrote:What a load of absolute horseshite.

AGHD is back
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby aaron bond » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:46 am

So the club wants to win all trophies on offer...

Truly surprising news. Thanks for sharing. Definitely worth bringing up a thread from 2012.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum