Mancini: New Contract, New Target

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancini: New Contract, New Target

Postby AG7 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:50 pm

The source first, so you guys know it's right from the horse's mouth: One of my best mate works down in Al Ain (eastern province of Abu Dhabi) as the CFO of an aviation company, which is owned by Abu Dhabi's sovereign wealth fund as well and lo and behold the chairman of that business is our guy Khaldoon as well.

They had their quarterly board meeting in this week, which is chaired by Khaldoon. Name of the co. and my friend withheld here for obvious reasons (but probably easily found on Google I guess) ... so this friend of mine has bought himself a new Maserati and as they walk out of the meeting into the car park, Khaldoon and my friend are discussing cars and the show-off he is (my friend that is, not Kahldoon), he's singing about his new wheel's engine, customization, pickup and what not. Kahldoon asks for the key and tells his driver to follow them back to Abu Dhabi. My mate lives in Abu Dhabi, works in Al Ain, it's about an hour and thirty minutes drive east but says Khaldoon drove him back in 50 minutes.

It's during that time that the only topic of discussion was Man City and what's next, after of course the car stuff. My mate is a Liverpool fan, grew up with it. So they had an interesting back and forth, with my friend obviously not pissing his boss too much I can guess. The most interesting thing out of the whole hour long discussion they had was that he spilled what the next targets have been given to Mancini by Sheikh Mansour himself ...

Sorry for the rather long preamble, but thought you guys needed to know the exact source ...

Sheikh Mansour wants a clean-sweep in one of the seasons: 5 trophies in one year - he doesn't want any one else getting their hands on any silverware in that season out of the PL clubs ... for a half hour I couldn't first figure out what the hell was he talking about and he too didn't ask for a clarification from Khaldoon.

But then I figured it out ...

1. Charity Shield
2. Carling Cup
3. FA Cup
4. Premier League
5. Champions League

According to him, Mancini can take next four years to fuck all and get nothing and then get this done in the 5th year, they won't care and according to him, if Bob does deliver this, he will have a blank cheque in terms of whatever he wants to do at Man City and he can stay for next 30 years at whatever price he names. Their long term goal is to surpass Man United and Liverpool both in total no. of titles and cups and create a whole new era that dwarfs the previous 'history' boys ... and they don't intend to stop until then.

Now my friend (reminder: a Liverpool fan) could have exaggerated things a bit here but as long as have I known him, I think the inflation in his statements were all around his new ride and how close he is with Khaldoon now but as for this as the target given to Mancini, I personally think he was telling the truth and to me it's fairly believable ... what do you guys think? Aiming too high or ... ??

I sure think it can be done in the next five years ... and adding that Charity Shield as a fifth piece of annual silverware means, the bosses have hinted Mancini that they do expect him to win either the FA Cup or the Premier League every year on as well ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Re: Mancini: New Contract, New Target

Postby Moses » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:11 pm

What a boring conversation your friend had
Moses
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: City

Postby bobadji » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Speeding around with Khaldoon in a Maserati, sounds like your mate has a really shit life. I'm not jealous in any way. cunt
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ned

Postby twosips » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:46 pm

I just don't believe you at all. I'm sorry. I wish I could, but i just don't.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby littlebig » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:32 pm

If it is true I think the five trophies in a season is a red herring. Sounds too unrealistic as you would expect Mansour would want a steady return on his investment. However in saying that, a clean sweep could become the stuff of legends in football history which would be a hugely valuable marketing took for many years, generations to come.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:38 pm

If the FFP wasnt introduced then I would say it could be done....but seeing as it is in place then theres no fuckign chance at all.

A triple is hard enough to get, let alone win all 5.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sandman » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:46 pm

sorry... i meant to log on to mancityfans.net not bluemoon... Oh wait?
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby aaron bond » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:03 am

So the Sheikh wants us to target all 5 trophies that are up for grabs? Now that's groundbreaking news.

Can't believe Sky Sports didn't break this first.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:38 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:If the FFP wasnt introduced then I would say it could be done....but seeing as it is in place then theres no fuckign chance at all.

A triple is hard enough to get, let alone win all 5.

mmhh... very strangely composed of You. I thought that if there ever was a thread to get up the Carl's best, this was the one... :-)

I reckon that shagging on humidity is getting tough and fatiguing.

cheers, General.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:50 am

5 trophies in a year been done before.Liverpool, 2001.
Maybe that's his inspiration

Worthington Cup
FA Cup
UEFA Cup
-----------------
Charity Shield
UEFA Super Cup

Took 6 months, although they straddled 2 seasons
Not quite as demanding as winning every comp you enter, but still pretty impressive
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Surrey Sky Blue » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:03 am

Null
Last edited by Surrey Sky Blue on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hark now hear, The City sing, United ran away, And we will fight for ever more, Because of Derby day.
Surrey Sky Blue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Shorter working days
My favourite player is: Zabba!!

Postby Surrey Sky Blue » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:04 am

My Chairman has asked me to take every house for the sale and rent on the market with just my agency and not let any other agents get a sniff. I have 5 years to do this. After that he is going to pay me anything I like.
Hark now hear, The City sing, United ran away, And we will fight for ever more, Because of Derby day.
Surrey Sky Blue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Shorter working days
My favourite player is: Zabba!!

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:41 pm

No World Club Cup?

50 minutes and he didn't ask about signings? Very poor form.

;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:12 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:5 trophies in a year been done before.Liverpool, 2001.
Maybe that's his inspiration

Worthington Cup
FA Cup
UEFA Cup
-----------------
Charity Shield
UEFA Super Cup

Took 6 months, although they straddled 2 seasons
Not quite as demanding as winning every comp you enter, but still pretty impressive

No ffp involved back then...it will be impossible to do it nowadays.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Italian Job » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:15 pm

I thought he was taking the piss at first, but when we was driving around in my Lamborghini Khaldoon told me the exact same thing. Must be true!
The Italian Job
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: El City

Postby sheblue » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:19 pm

is it april first ???
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby SmallTimeCharlie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:35 pm

You're right.

Sheikh Mansour has invested hundreds of millions of pounds into our club to win the odd trophy and be up there with the top clubs in Europe for a bit.

Totally believe the OP. Of course the target is to win everything in sight, maybe win every trophy in one season which noone's ever done, but I think even more importantly to win 25-30 Championships, 15-20 FA Cups, 10-15 Champions Leagues and so on, and become the most succesful club in English and European history. Why aim for anything less?

Whether we achieve it or not is of course a completely different matter. Without FFP, you would have said 'probably' looking at the wealth of our owners. With FFP looming and clubs having to be more financially responsible, you would try and achieve it by signing the best young players in the world and hope alot of them become World Class without having to fork out massive fees for them.

And it's our club. I'm going to enjoy seeing them try..
City have soul. United do not.
SmallTimeCharlie
Robinho's Step Over

Postby AG7 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:57 am

Last season we gifted the rags the Community Shield from 2-0 up, we let our attention lapse ... won't happen this time.

Carling Cup was all but ours, no one can field a second string team as good as ours ... last year, the semis were lost to Liverpool due to a few fucked up ref decisions ... watch out, Mancini will make sure we are well ahead from the first leg this time. Yes, I am expecting us to playing the Final this time ... and winning it.

Premier League will remain our top priority and with Chelsea and Arsenal strengthening, I only see them taking a few more points off Man Utd. With it being our main focus and top priority, let's bag this too.

So I wont be surprised at all with these three shiny pieces of silverware very much coming home this very year ahead.

FA Cup and the Champions League are really down to luck, right from the the draw we get to the scheduling of PL games around the cup games and depending on where we stand in the league will dictate how Mancini plays those.

So 3 out of 5 trophies are coming in first and/or second year itself ... and all of em ... well, won't take us five years, mark my words!

And I agree, five an year is only a short term target, in the longer run (next two-three decades) we are looking at 25-30 odd League titles, with 30-40 domestic cups and 10+ European titles ... that's the plan!!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:38 am

AG7 wrote:Last season we gifted the rags the Community Shield from 2-0 up, we let our attention lapse ... won't happen this time.

Carling Cup was all but ours, no one can field a second string team as good as ours ... last year, the semis were lost to Liverpool due to a few fucked up ref decisions ... watch out, Mancini will make sure we are well ahead from the first leg this time. Yes, I am expecting us to playing the Final this time ... and winning it.

Premier League will remain our top priority and with Chelsea and Arsenal strengthening, I only see them taking a few more points off Man Utd. With it being our main focus and top priority, let's bag this too.

So I wont be surprised at all with these three shiny pieces of silverware very much coming home this very year ahead.

FA Cup and the Champions League are really down to luck, right from the the draw we get to the scheduling of PL games around the cup games and depending on where we stand in the league will dictate how Mancini plays those.

So 3 out of 5 trophies are coming in first and/or second year itself ... and all of em ... well, won't take us five years, mark my words!

And I agree, five an year is only a short term target, in the longer run (next two-three decades) we are looking at 25-30 odd League titles, with 30-40 domestic cups and 10+ European titles ... that's the plan!!

I'd like to see us winning 30-odd league titles in two-three decades. That would be quite a feat.

i think they should just shut the entire league down, and hand us the silverware right now. No need to delay the inevitable.

It might seem like bad luck but i've just ordered a Champions 13 Goalkeeper shirt just for fun. Just 28 more after that!

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john68 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:35 am

So let's get this straight. Our CEO, who rarely gives interviews and is most humble and respectful when he does....Goes back home and turns into some sort of Bedouin blabbermouth boy racer....Chooses to unload his future plans and ambitions for City to a Liverpool fan who works for him.....erm!

I find it difficult to understand that he told all this but omitted to mention the plans to also win the Stanley Cup, World Series, the Ashes, the Ryder Cup and the Mongolian Ten Pin Bowling league...as well as making all City players Citizens of Abble Dabble and winning the World Cup.

...and I fully expect a City player to have won the Tour De France on a camel by 2016.

Jus sayin...like.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum