Potential Etihad Stadium Expansion

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Potential Etihad Stadium Expansion

Postby AG7 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Just got an email survey about stadium expansion from the Club. They admit in it that adding 3rd tiers to Family and South stands is under consideration.

Here's the text of the email:

Dear Supporter

Manchester City Football Club is conducting research relating to potential new seating offerings at the Etihad Stadium. It is possible that some stadium design planning might be required, however prior to any such plans being considered, the Club is surveying supporters and customers. This would ensure that any key decisions relating to future seating options would meet the needs, desires and budgets of Manchester City supporters in the Etihad Stadium.

This survey is intended to gauge the interest of current Manchester City ticket and hospitality purchasers in various potential season ticket options and concepts. Please keep in mind that any images, package descriptions and prices in this survey are preliminary and hypothetical, and often based on other concepts that have recently been implemented in other stadiums around the world. The survey will take approximately 15 minutes of your time to complete, and we sincerely appreciate your participation.

As a token of our appreciation there are several prizes available to win for completed surveys. This includes: a Legends' Stadium & Club Tour for you and three guests, including superb two-course lunch and tour of our Carrington Training Ground; 3 pairs of adult tickets for City v United; and a table of four Matchday Hospitality package in The Connell Club - our most prestigious Hospitality area - for City v Reading and includes complimentary 5-course fine dining, stadium parking with high-back heated seating adjacent to the Directors area.

The questionnaire should take 10-15 minutes of your time. Simply follow the instructions and read each question carefully before answering. To enter the survey simply click on the link below.

Thank you for your support.

Manchester City Football Club.

AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Re: Potential Etihad Stadium Expansion

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:12 pm

Just filled mine in. Still not going to buy an ST though as I live too far away and just aint got the time for a 16-hour day or dosh anymore.

Will probably go up more though with my blue card if there is more availability. Must admit I expected something grander and more long-term. Maybe this is just a temporary quick fix, as surely it wouldn't take it above 56,000?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:22 pm

john@staustell wrote:Will probably go up more though with my blue card if there is more availability. Must admit I expected something grander and more long-term. Maybe this is just a temporary quick fix, as surely it wouldn't take it above 56,000?

As I stated a few weeks ago, I'm certain I read a while back (I think between the Commonwealth Games and us moving to the stadium) that the maximum capacity it can hold under current safety rules without a structural (ie fiddling with the foundations and necessitating a temporary move) overhaul is estimated at 62,000.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby AG7 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Some of the examples of expansion shown in the questions in the survey:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ashton287 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:03 pm

570 for a fucking third tier seat behind the goal.

Is someone having a joke here? I don't pay that on the bottom tier.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:07 pm

AG7 wrote:Some of the examples of expansion shown in the questions in the survey:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I much hope the plan goes on. You know, glory-hunter with few points... wish it might help to have a ST named after me.

would be much interesting to read what Antti makes of those drafts.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Yffi_88 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:40 pm

What a painful survey to complete though. Fackin ell.

Won't be changing my seat but don't think it's a bad idea. Just not looking forward to those embarrassing nights in Europe/cup games when we have an empty third tier. Fingers crossed we'll have the sustained success tokeep it nice and cosy.
Yffi_88
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Too many "tourists" and bandwagon fans already on the scene for me !

Another 10,000 of them lot and it will be worse than the swamp !!!!!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby AG7 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:59 pm

ashton287 wrote:570 for a fucking third tier seat behind the goal.

To be fair, the questionnaire goes on to ask three price points, 570, 450 and then 380 as well, with same options varying from definitely will buy to wont buy ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 pm

City64 wrote:Too many "tourists" and bandwagon fans already on the scene for me !

that's some special...
Am I wrong, or did I just saw a 24 carats, pure race fan like You, wishing The club had lined a weak team to lose?
Perhaps some injection of bastard blood ain't be all that bad!

Sick to death of this shite!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Dwaring » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Watching this pregame for dortmond they undoubtably have a huge home field advantage. I would love to see the ethiad rocking like that for games. That many people are so imposing.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:46 pm

Dwaring wrote:Watching this pregame for dortmond they undoubtably have a huge home field advantage. I would love to see the ethiad rocking like that for games. That many people are so imposing.

Yeah but it wouldn't be like that, loads of newbies will be sat taking pictures and drinking tea. Block 110 was full of day trippers vs Real and that's apparently our singing section. I would be shocked to see a 65,00 city fans bouncing on a champions league night intimidating the opponents, don't get me wrong I would love it, but it want happen, we are going the same way as the rags......!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:
City64 wrote:Too many "tourists" and bandwagon fans already on the scene for me !

that's some special...
Am I wrong, or did I just saw a 24 carats, pure race fan like You, wishing The club had lined a weak team to lose?

Maybe the plans include a tier just for tourists with flashing cameras so they dont get on every proper supporters tits ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Grayarse » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Can't believe some of the comments on here. Typical city type comments. We have got to face the reality that our success has brought us, I'm afraid. We are now at a stage where we have to expand. Behind the goals has always needed expanding, its now time to do it.
Grayarse
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Kompany

Postby bluechester » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:09 pm

City64 wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:

that's some special...

Maybe the plans include a tier just for tourists with flashing cameras so they dont get on every proper supporters tits ?

yeah because the atmosphere before the tourist was fucking loud as fuck before they came, jesus man i welcolme anyone who comes to city just maybe a few extra people maty create an atmosphere because that has not happened for year, and yes i am including main rd in that, because contrary to believe it was not a couldron of noise either.i apologise for the spelling had a few beers. but quates like this get on my tits
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:13 pm

I know what the guy means.
On the train to the match a few weeks ago a group of about 10 French kids got on with their two chaperons. They were talking to the women sat across from and when she asked where they were all going they said "to the City stadium to watch the match!" Then went on to explain how most of them supported Real and Barca.
In that moment I wished we were back at Maine Road.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Yffi_88 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:14 pm

bluechester wrote:
yeah because the atmosphere before the tourist was fucking loud as fuck before they came, jesus man i welcolme anyone who comes to city just maybe a few extra people maty create an atmosphere because that has not happened for year, and yes i am including main rd in that, because contrary to believe it was not a couldron of noise either.i apologise for the spelling had a few beers. but quates like this get on my tits

Amen to that. If you stand and sing all game then well done to you. Keep doing it. Maybe more prople will join in. But if new people are exited about city, and want to put money into our club instead of the cunts down the road, help us reach financial targets, and watch some football whilst doing it then that's up to them and I don't think we're in any position to tell them they're wrong, to fuck off, or anything else.

And yes - I get pissed off when I see all the Madrid fans in the home end at the game but that's something for city to sort out an we shouldn't shun other new fans because of those ronaldo lickers.
Last edited by Yffi_88 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yffi_88
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby bluechester » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Mase wrote:I know what the guy means.
On the train to the match a few weeks ago a group of about 10 French kids got on with their two chaperons. They were talking to the women sat across from and when she asked where they were all going they said "to the City stadium to watch the match!" Then went on to explain how most of them supported Real and Barca.
In that moment I wished we were back at Maine Road.

but you are missing my point did it improve the atmosphere no, because generally it is shit anyway, status que then with a few extra people in
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:42 pm

ashton287 wrote:570 for a fucking third tier seat behind the goal.

Is someone having a joke here? I don't pay that on the bottom tier.

I'd pay the £20 for a game in the new 3rd tier they also quoted though, that is pretty solid.

What is the current best price for a ticket out of interest, would £20 represent a decent deal based on view weighed against cost weighed against that which is currently available?

Also will the stewards allow binoculars? ;D
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Feed The Goat » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:44 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Yeah but it wouldn't be like that, loads of newbies will be sat taking pictures and drinking tea. Block 110 was full of day trippers vs Real and that's apparently our singing section. I would be shocked to see a 65,00 city fans bouncing on a champions league night intimidating the opponents, don't get me wrong I would love it, but it want happen, we are going the same way as the rags......!

If we had the whole south stand as those who wanna stand and sing i recon it would be rocking
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum