Balotelli versus Benteke

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Balotelli versus Benteke

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Sister of fu wrote:He has had more sick days this season than I have had girlfriends and I had a few. I have no sympathy for the lad. Been offered amazing opportunity at 4 pretty big clubs and has just fucked around behaving like a child. I feel that Liverpool was his last chance at a big club and think they will be very lucky to get shot for any decent money. He just is not worth the risk. Sadly If your mentality is like his you are not going to succeed in high level sport. Maybe it will click with him when he is playing for Bolton or someone.

He's probably been through more in his life now than I'll ever go through in my whole life. I can't even imagine how messed up his head is from it all. He's alright by me Balo. He gets enough abuse from everyone else.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby bigblue » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:02 am

Mase wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:He has had more sick days this season than I have had girlfriends and I had a few. I have no sympathy for the lad. Been offered amazing opportunity at 4 pretty big clubs and has just fucked around behaving like a child. I feel that Liverpool was his last chance at a big club and think they will be very lucky to get shot for any decent money. He just is not worth the risk. Sadly If your mentality is like his you are not going to succeed in high level sport. Maybe it will click with him when he is playing for Bolton or someone.

He's probably been through more in his life now than I'll ever go through in my whole life. I can't even imagine how messed up his head is from it all. He's alright by me Balo. He gets enough abuse from everyone else.

Agree and here's a touching quote from Pirlo's autobiography on Mario:

I’m not sure he really appreciates it yet, but he’s a special kind of medicine, an antidote to the potentially lethal poison of the racists you find in Italian grounds. They’re a truly horrendous bunch, a herd of frustrated individuals who’ve taken the worst of history and made it their own. And they’re more than just a minority, despite what certain mealy-mouthed spin doctors would have you believe. Those guys would use a fire extinguisher to put out a match.

Whenever I see Mario at an Italy training camp, I’ll give him a big smile. It’s my way of letting him know that I’m right behind him and that he mustn’t give up. A gesture that means ‘thank you’. He’s often targeted and insulted by opposition fans. Let’s say that the way he goes about his business perhaps doesn’t help him get much love, but I’m still convinced that if he was white, people would leave him in peace.

‘Jump up high so Balotelli dies’ is an unspeakable chant that, sadly, I’ve heard at the Juventus Stadium amongst other places. Even worse are the monkey noises that I’ve listened to pretty much everywhere. But instead of depressing Mario, moronic behaviour of that kind actually seems to fire him up. He won’t let this human trash get their way, and it’s the most intelligent response because if you listen to what a stupid person says, you elevate them to the position of interlocutor. If you simply ignore them (still acknowledging that, unfortunately, they exist) you’re leaving them to stew in their own polluted sea: one where there are no friends and no shore. The good news is that even sharks can die of loneliness after a while.

Prandelli has given us national team players some firm direction on the matter. “If you hear people in the stands disrespecting Mario, run over to him and hug him.” In that idea hate can be cancelled out by an equivalent dose of love. Not a fashionable choice, but a pretty forceful idea… I’m happy that Mario is the way he is. He’ll react to provocation on the pitch, but doesn’t let what’s going on in the crowd affect him. If he scores, he might put his finger to his lips to mock the opposition fans, something that really infuriates them, but if they tell him he’s got the wrong colour of skin he’ll simply laugh in their faces. He makes complete fools of them and emerges a convincing winner. The way I see it, he’s capable of becoming a symbol of the fight against racism, both in Italy and throughout the world.”
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:14 pm

Loved Mario he was our Loon, TALENT THAT NEEDS TO COME OUT ! Benteke all day long big club player and for my money better than Bony just my opinion. Love to see Bony prove me wrong...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum