Dzeko

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dzeko

Postby Original Dub » Tue May 20, 2014 4:26 pm

edge275 wrote:We need to find an idiot who will buy him off us.

For a sizable fee of course.

An idiot?

That's odd.
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Tue May 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Why would someone need to be an idiot to want to buy a 20+ goal a season striker who is almost bullet proof?
I would suggest the seller would be the idiot.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Tue May 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:Hes still write something lol ,call me a cunt and say o no i m not abusive :) . Go away mate . You either fishing or u are fucking insane. Either way u are right , ok . I m here only because of Edin ,i don't like City, u are fine and genius, u read me, i suck and Edin suck to, and all these people who telling me to ignore u are just joking, ok . Now can u please kindly fuck off i have conversation with some people here and u are in a way. Now u can write again but i promise u i wont read a fucking I will not read a single letter from you, enjoy.
Bridge'srightfoot : Now i just to continue on Edin he had great season but he will have a drop like Negredo maybe not in that way , Negredo was fucking unlucky ( but we have three and with Jojo healty four solution great solution ) People must understan u can't have Aguero , Cavani , Van Pussy and Messi in club .I think we have great mix of power and pace and skill- Negredo just need goal and he will be back . Only player from Attack that we can change is Jojo because Napoli is offer 16 mill pounds i think and i really don't know what Docs think is he fit for BPL . Next season i just pray for less injury from our strikers and we will be fine in that department .I already said what i wanna in a club . What do u think do we need some player to rest Silva a bit and who would u suggest . Can we pull from our Academy some players, is Lopes ready for bigger role? I can't watch younger squad games and i miss that to follow what we have.

Sometimes you might be better off just saying fuck off and ducking out of the Dzeko thread mate.

I was for a long time mate but i figured it's insane that because of few guys or in these instant one i need to avoid a thread, I would love to hear what u think about transfers mate ?

I think an on form Aguero and Negredo are potentially the best strike partnership in the world. I think if Dzeko is happy to continue to step in when those two are injured/out of form, then we have the best set up we can hope for.

I also believe that Jovetic adds a completely different dimension to anything most teams have in the league, but we haven't seen it yet because of injury.

Overall? I'd transfer none of them. We need to see how they all get on after one more full season. If aguero/jojo continues with injury, then sell them. I have a feeling the real negredo is the one we saw first half of the season, but if it turns out it wasn't, then sell him.

IF negredo is sold, Dzeko will be kept. If he returns to his proper form, I can't see Dzeko wanting to stay.
Dzeko is the best "fill in" striker in the world IMO.

I think it's a compliment - I'm pretty sure he would take it as an insult.

That's my tuppence.

Fair summary.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue May 20, 2014 5:45 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:Hes still write something lol ,call me a cunt and say o no i m not abusive :) . Go away mate . You either fishing or u are fucking insane. Either way u are right , ok . I m here only because of Edin ,i don't like City, u are fine and genius, u read me, i suck and Edin suck to, and all these people who telling me to ignore u are just joking, ok . Now can u please kindly fuck off i have conversation with some people here and u are in a way. Now u can write again but i promise u i wont read a fucking I will not read a single letter from you, enjoy.
Bridge'srightfoot : Now i just to continue on Edin he had great season but he will have a drop like Negredo maybe not in that way , Negredo was fucking unlucky ( but we have three and with Jojo healty four solution great solution ) People must understan u can't have Aguero , Cavani , Van Pussy and Messi in club .I think we have great mix of power and pace and skill- Negredo just need goal and he will be back . Only player from Attack that we can change is Jojo because Napoli is offer 16 mill pounds i think and i really don't know what Docs think is he fit for BPL . Next season i just pray for less injury from our strikers and we will be fine in that department .I already said what i wanna in a club . What do u think do we need some player to rest Silva a bit and who would u suggest . Can we pull from our Academy some players, is Lopes ready for bigger role? I can't watch younger squad games and i miss that to follow what we have.

Sometimes you might be better off just saying fuck off and ducking out of the Dzeko thread mate.

I was for a long time mate but i figured it's insane that because of few guys or in these instant one i need to avoid a thread, I would love to hear what u think about transfers mate ?

I think an on form Aguero and Negredo are potentially the best strike partnership in the world. I think if Dzeko is happy to continue to step in when those two are injured/out of form, then we have the best set up we can hope for.

I also believe that Jovetic adds a completely different dimension to anything most teams have in the league, but we haven't seen it yet because of injury.

Overall? I'd transfer none of them. We need to see how they all get on after one more full season. If aguero/jojo continues with injury, then sell them. I have a feeling the real negredo is the one we saw first half of the season, but if it turns out it wasn't, then sell him.

IF negredo is sold, Dzeko will be kept. If he returns to his proper form, I can't see Dzeko wanting to stay.
Dzeko is the best "fill in" striker in the world IMO.

I think it's a compliment - I'm pretty sure he would take it as an insult.

That's my tuppence.

Fair summary.

For top clubs i agree but u must look what he achive so far , Bundes league title with Wolfsburg , that is like winning here with Stole , Best striker partnership in Germany ever ( Grafite Dzeko) , win FA , win Capitol One, Two BPL title, keep scoring in BPL no matter how much he plays, so i would agree that that Negredo is better with Aguero but it had hole that Edin never had in In his career, he has his weaknesses, just a couple of strikers don't have any , but his weaknesses are not goals or injury's. And course he wanna play with that kind of profile every striker would leave by now , but he was patient and always wait hes time and always score. Now that is just my opinion i agree almost on all that u said.I was asking u not about striker i m clear about that but what do u think where we need to dublle up and with players u would prefer ?
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ruralblue » Tue May 20, 2014 6:00 pm

Milners Jaw, no longer likes Yaya don't like Edin.

I reckon this bloke just follows City cause he comes from Leeds and when Milner goes he'll be off too! ;-)
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby ant london » Tue May 20, 2014 6:03 pm

ruralblue wrote:Milners Jaw, no longer likes Yaya don't like Edin. I reckon this bloke just follows City cause he comes from Leeds and when Milner goes he'll be off too! ;-)

We can but hope rural mate
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Tue May 20, 2014 6:16 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:For top clubs i agree but u must look what he achive so far , Bundes league title with Wolfsburg , that is like winning here with Stole , Best striker partnership in Germany ever ( Grafite Dzeko) , win FA , win Capitol One, Two BPL title, keep scoring in BPL no matter how much he plays, so i would agree that that Negredo is better with Aguero but it had hole that Edin never had in In his career, he has his weaknesses, just a couple of strikers don't have any , but his weaknesses are not goals or injury's. And course he wanna play with that kind of profile every striker would leave by now , but he was patient and always wait hes time and always score. Now that is just my opinion i agree almost on all that u said.I was asking u not about striker i m clear about that but what do u think where we need to dublle up and with players u would prefer ?

Dzeko's biggest problem is that he often looks awkward and a little bit uncoordinated and admittedly his first touch isn't always the best. That especially stands out when he plays with people like Aguero, Silva and Nasri who nearly always have instant control, especially Silva, I've never seen a player with a better first touch, honestly.

Negredo fits more into that mould than Dzeko no doubt at all and he's a more silky, tippy tappy skillful player also.
What Dzeko brings however is goals. Lots of goals and lots of big goals. Even when he misses a hatful of chances he doesn't hide and usually ends up sticking one away.
When Ed's on form he's actually a very good player, he's strong, can hold up the ball and even gets involved in the pass and move stage a bit more. His one touch lay offs are actually very effective at times.

He also offers us something different to the other strikers. Barcelona had no problems at all dealing with Negredo or Aguero but they couldn't deal with Dzeko at all. In half an hour at the Nou Camp he had a header which brought a wonderful save and had a stonewall penallty turned down. On another night and with a non-corrupt ref he could have turned the tie on it's head by himself.

So keep him, keep Negredo too and look to push one of the younger forwards through.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue May 20, 2014 6:54 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:For top clubs i agree but u must look what he achive so far , Bundes league title with Wolfsburg , that is like winning here with Stole , Best striker partnership in Germany ever ( Grafite Dzeko) , win FA , win Capitol One, Two BPL title, keep scoring in BPL no matter how much he plays, so i would agree that that Negredo is better with Aguero but it had hole that Edin never had in In his career, he has his weaknesses, just a couple of strikers don't have any , but his weaknesses are not goals or injury's. And course he wanna play with that kind of profile every striker would leave by now , but he was patient and always wait hes time and always score. Now that is just my opinion i agree almost on all that u said.I was asking u not about striker i m clear about that but what do u think where we need to dublle up and with players u would prefer ?

Dzeko's biggest problem is that he often looks awkward and a little bit uncoordinated and admittedly his first touch isn't always the best. That especially stands out when he plays with people like Aguero, Silva and Nasri who nearly always have instant control, especially Silva, I've never seen a player with a better first touch, honestly.

Negredo fits more into that mould than Dzeko no doubt at all and he's a more silky, tippy tappy skillful player also.
What Dzeko brings however is goals. Lots of goals and lots of big goals. Even when he misses a hatful of chances he doesn't hide and usually ends up sticking one away.
When Ed's on form he's actually a very good player, he's strong, can hold up the ball and even gets involved in the pass and move stage a bit more. His one touch lay offs are actually very effective at times.

He also offers us something different to the other strikers. Barcelona had no problems at all dealing with Negredo or Aguero but they couldn't deal with Dzeko at all. In half an hour at the Nou Camp he had a header which brought a wonderful save and had a stonewall penallty turned down. On another night and with a non-corrupt ref he could have turned the tie on it's head by himself.

So keep him, keep Negredo too and look to push one of the younger forwards through.

Agree academy is future , that is why i have problems to see what we have there , i know just few and younger players juniors never heard about any. We need to give them something for example Capitol one , 2- 3 best in squad.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat May 31, 2014 9:17 am

Dzeko scored a couple of cracking goals against the Ivory Coast last night, by all accounts. We should sign this guy.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wooders » Sat May 31, 2014 9:20 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Dzeko scored a couple of cracking goals against the Ivory Coast last night, by all accounts. We should sign this guy.

More disrespect for Yaya - where does it end?
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat May 31, 2014 11:29 am

[youtube]SLC-1pDrdFg[/youtube]
Second Edin goal is great ... This is short highlights
Cit.revenge

Postby zuricity » Sat May 31, 2014 11:36 am

Cit.revenge wrote:<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLC-1pDrdFg">YouTube Link</a>
Second Edin goal is great ... This is short highlights

left foot , right foot .... a well balanced player. Feed edin and he will score.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Sat May 31, 2014 11:38 am

Wooders wrote:
More disrespect for Yaya - where does it end?

Let him eat cake.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 31, 2014 11:53 am

Might actually be worth a punt on Dzeko for top scorer seeing as he scores most of Bosnias goals. Theres usually someone near top of charts like that. Why not Edin as he is bang in form?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sat May 31, 2014 12:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:Might actually be worth a punt on Dzeko for top scorer seeing as he scores most of Bosnias goals. Theres usually someone near top of charts like that. Why not Edin as he is bang in form?

he'll probably take any penalties they might get as well
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat May 31, 2014 1:52 pm

ruralblue wrote:Milners Jaw, no longer likes Yaya don't like Edin.

I reckon this bloke just follows City cause he comes from Leeds and when Milner goes he'll be off too! ;-)

it is universally accepted on here and everywhere that yaya is being a baby who can fuck off if he's angling for bigger wages or a move else where.

ant london wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Milners Jaw, no longer likes Yaya don't like Edin. I reckon this bloke just follows City cause he comes from Leeds and when Milner goes he'll be off too! ;-)

We can but hope rural mate

go support arsenal.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:39 pm

I find this on Guardian, show about Edin Dzeko film in Sarajevo , there is some funny stuff
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zgs1f_edin-dzeko-the-bosnian-diamond-sausages-and-caviar_sport?start=267
Cit.revenge

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:10 am

If Dzeko had been playing for England tonight, he would have filled his boots.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bluedj » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:42 am

Ted your absolutely right, saying that, Peter Crouch would of been a better option that Wooney
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:51 am

It will be interesting to see how Edin plays against Zabba and MDM (if he starts ?) tomorrow morning ?
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum