Fernandinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernandinho

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:09 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:I think he's been nothing but outstanding since we bought him, definitely an upgrade over Barry.

Related, how do you feel about how Milner might be feeling about Brenda's sacking?

Please advise.

cheers

Not bothered TBH. He made his choice. Good luck to him....he's going to need it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:50 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:I think he's been nothing but outstanding since we bought him, definitely an upgrade over Barry.

Related, how do you feel about how Milner might be feeling about Brenda's sacking?

Please advise.

cheers

Not bothered TBH. He made his choice. Good luck to him....he's going to need it.

Not you. The Jaw.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby dazby » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:55 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:Have never bought the defeat by Germany nonsense. He fuckin hid last season, end of. Looked excellent this season but that has to be put alongside Ya Ya 's more responsible performances and what is hopefully Fernando's new fitness.What I do believe from what I've seen so far is that the system of the two Ferns in central midfdield could now be our default system with Silva, Aguero and two from de Brune, Sterling, Navas and Ya Ya depending on requirements, particularly in tough games.Gonna be interesting to see how things develop in that regard or whether Ya Ya remains the first name on the team sheet, something which in my view we have to move on from.

i don't think he hid last season. or was psychologically fractured by Germany. I think he played a fuckload of football and was just drained and couldn't ever get on his bike. You see it happen a lot. Once you're getting up to speed little niggles happen, or there is a break, etc...it just wasn't his year. So much of English football, with so many games and virtually every top club loaded with Internationals and packed with competition for places, and no real midseason break, is about momentum and timing. More than any other league i think.

They're human. Maybe he figured out what it was that caused his dip and worked on it. Maybe it was mental. Maybe he was going through some personal shit. Maybe his family was shaking him down Adebayor style for cash left and right. Maybe he was pretending to be a Car Salesman so he could get some strange and he was distracted by the pussy. Maybe he realized he loves having strange men suck his cock and he started visiting all the local gloryholes at all hours of the night to get his knob slobbed. Maybe he started a new gluten free diet because one of his kids has an allergy and it fucked up his strength. Maybe he has ass cancer. Maybe his mother and father were secretly kidnapped and taken to Venezuela and he had to negotiate their secret release over the course of months.

Who. fucking. knows.

I'm just glad he's back and being a bad ass, bald as fuck, black motherfucker who's ready to fuck some shit up.

Forza "Original" Fern.

cheers

That's in your top 10 classic Doomisms. Nice wan!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:05 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Please advise.

cheers

Funnily enough this was one of my first thoughts when the news broke. Milner went to Liverpool because Rodgers promised him a CM role. 8 games on and that 4 yr promise is now null and void. I bet he is one of the players with the most to lose (personally). However, he is also one of their best players with coutinho and sturridge.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby phips » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:38 pm

definitely player of the season thus far even with Aguero's goals, Silva's early brilliance, and De Bruyne's blistering start.
he's been immense in the middle of the pitch breaking up play, spraying passes everywhere, and getting back into defense to clear.

back to his form when we were overjoyed he was passed fit to suit up vs Barca in the Champions League when he was playing very well

played a great ball in to Zaba to start the goal scoring and has thus far played very smartly to avoid a yellow.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby phips » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:39 am

I saw an interesting graphic with a pundit predicting a starting 11 of:

Aguero
Nolito Silva Kevin Sane
Ilkay
Kolarov Fern1 Kompany Sagna
Hart

i think it's an interesting idea to select Fernandinho as a CB. he is a little of the frail-ish side for a CB but he would provide some of that passing out of the back that Pep craves.

granted, this could all be irrelevant if we sign Stones. then again, Kompany is likely to be injured for awhile this season so maybe it'll be Fern1 & Stones.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:48 am

phips wrote:I saw an interesting graphic with a pundit predicting a starting 11 of:

Aguero
Nolito Silva Kevin Sane
Ilkay
Kolarov Fern1 Kompany Sagna
Hart

i think it's an interesting idea to select Fernandinho as a CB. he is a little of the frail-ish side for a CB but he would provide some of that passing out of the back that Pep craves.

granted, this could all be irrelevant if we sign Stones. then again, Kompany is likely to be injured for awhile this season so maybe it'll be Fern1 & Stones.

In what world do you live in that Aleks would start at LB in our best xi? A Mase world. That's where. Run away quickly.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:51 am

Still cant see him starting at CB we have Vinny, Ota, Mangler, (Stones) not to mention the young lads, and yet were very short of energetic midfielders, we need the dinho in midfield.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:28 am

sheblue wrote:Still cant see him starting at CB we have Vinny, Ota, Mangler, (Stones) not to mention the young lads, and yet were very short of energetic midfielders, we need the dinho in midfield.

Agree, if he intended playing him at centre back then you'd think he'd have played there in the friendlies so far. This all seems to be based on Pep's quote about him being capable of playing there.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:29 am

the only experienced and reliable central midfield option we have
shocking
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:35 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:the only experienced and reliable central midfield option we have
shocking

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:55 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
sheblue wrote:Still cant see him starting at CB we have Vinny, Ota, Mangler, (Stones) not to mention the young lads, and yet were very short of energetic midfielders, we need the dinho in midfield.

Agree, if he intended playing him at centre back then you'd think he'd have played there in the friendlies so far. This all seems to be based on Pep's quote about him being capable of playing there.

Running to close down, players gets tired, Not with Pep, He knows the ball never gets tired so keep it go back if you have to, Ferna has been flogged doing Yaya's work, Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso do not have bundles of energy. He wants Kroos, who would not be Box-to-box, he would be in to keep it ticking over, play through him.

Yaya running with the ball and the fans roaring him on would have Pep going ape shit in the tech box, read his book or listen to Terry Henry "Run with that ball again" you will have a nice seat on the bench next to me !!!!!!, OK..... I predict MOANING when we are 1-0 up and controlling games from fans who want boom boom football and 8-0 wins, Pep is looking at the big picture and CL games 3 days later. Txiki brought Pep in to stop the fragmented way we play. I said after the CC win, if Pellers had any nouse and we could finish of the chances we created under Pep, we would have beat the dippers by a Cricket score. The way we died in the Derby Pep changes after 5 mins, Get ready for players getting hooked if they have ideas above the station.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:07 pm

Has Pep actually said he's going to play him in defence? And I'm not talking about that 3rd hand quote from a player that Pep says he's versatile enough to play in 10 outfield positions - has Pep ACTUALLY said he's going to play him in defence and can someone link me to his direct quote?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:57 pm

Dameerto wrote:Has Pep actually said he's going to play him in defence? And I'm not talking about that 3rd hand quote from a player that Pep says he's versatile enough to play in 10 outfield positions - has Pep ACTUALLY said he's going to play him in defence and can someone link me to his direct quote?

No.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Scatman » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:52 pm

Maybe he just got him mixed up with Anton Ferdinand
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby PrezIke » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:08 pm

Mangala is not going to be anywhere near Pep's team unless he turns into a different footballer or we are desperate.

So it's really, Nico, Vinnie and likely Stones for the first 3.

Tosin might make the team, but he's very young so I suspect Fernandinho would be ahead of him in more important matches, even if Tosin makes it as the 4th choice. This would be if we are short players due to injury or in certain situations against certain teams Fernandinho might be thrown in to play some CB.

He has all the attributes Pep likes in a player, and as a CB in his system(s). He's excellent with the ball, highly intelligent, works his arse off, quick, brave, tough, strong in the tackle, and actually for someone so short gets his head on the ball quite a bit. Not so crazy to consider him slotting in there sometimes when his other option is Mangala who I cannot see sticking around.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:17 pm

PrezIke wrote:

Mangala is not going to be anywhere near Pep's team unless he turns into a different footballer or we are desperate.

Tosin might make the team, but he's very young so I suspect Fernandinho would be ahead of him in more important matches, even if Tosin makes it as the 4th choice. This would be if we are short players due to injury or in certain situations against certain teams Fernandinho might be thrown in to play some CB.

He has all the attributes Pep likes in a player, and as a CB in his system(s). He's excellent with the ball, highly intelligent, works his arse off, quick, brave, tough, strong in the tackle, and actually for someone so short gets his head on the ball quite a bit. Not so crazy to consider him slotting in there sometimes when his other option is Mangala who I cannot see sticking around.

What about Denayer?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PrezIke » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:19 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

What about Denayer?

Seems unclear right now. We messed that one up (I agree with Doug) and should have kept him to see how he could do last season, but we've also heard rumours he could be sold (Arsenal?).
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:55 pm

PrezIke wrote:

Yes fern1 can play there, no doubt, but the way things stand we need him in the middle of the park.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:59 pm

We'd lose more in midfield than we'd gain in defence by shifting him, it doesn't make sense to me.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum