Isco

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Isco

Postby daveh1962 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Bleed_Blue wrote:Manchester City have reportedly taken the decision to back down over interest in Malaga’s Isco, leaving the path clear to Real Madrid.

City were thought to be competing with Madrid to secure the attacking midfielder’s services this summer, with expected new manager Manuel Pellegrini thought to have specifically requested the 21-year-old follow him from La Rosaleda.

However, reports in Spain today have it that the Premier League club’s CEO Ferran Soriano and sporting director Txiki Begiristain have decided not to pursue their interest in the player with a €35m buyout clause.

It is understood that the former Barcelona duo have determined that the team do not need strengthening in the role that Isco plays between midfeild and attack.

The Eastlands outfit currently boast the likes of David Silva, Samir Nasri, Yaya Toure and Sergio Aguero as all capable of taking a similar role.

Link : http://www.football-espana.net/31380/ci ... o-interest

Seems logical, unless Isco can act as a good winger

This is based on the fact that Marca "Real Madrid's" mouthpiece have come out with this and is NOT based on any conversations with City
daveh1962
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby ashton287 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:02 pm

Bleed_Blue wrote:Manchester City have reportedly taken the decision to back down over interest in Malaga’s Isco, leaving the path clear to Real Madrid.

City were thought to be competing with Madrid to secure the attacking midfielder’s services this summer, with expected new manager Manuel Pellegrini thought to have specifically requested the 21-year-old follow him from La Rosaleda.

However, reports in Spain today have it that the Premier League club’s CEO Ferran Soriano and sporting director Txiki Begiristain have decided not to pursue their interest in the player with a €35m buyout clause.

It is understood that the former Barcelona duo have determined that the team do not need strengthening in the role that Isco plays between midfeild and attack.

The Eastlands outfit currently boast the likes of David Silva, Samir Nasri, Yaya Toure and Sergio Aguero as all capable of taking a similar role.

Good. Didnt think he would improve us anyway. Now lets fuck all this Navas bollocks off aswell and go sign monkey boy.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:09 pm

ashton287 wrote:

Good. Didnt think he would improve us anyway. Now lets fuck all this Navas bollocks off aswell and go sign monkey boy.

how would you feel if the welsh monkey signed for real and we signed trannie?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby ashton287 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
how would you feel if the welsh monkey signed for real and we signed trannie?

I'd be pissed off. Bale has a sell on value. Ronaldo will be 30 in a year and half.

But then I'd have hours of fun laughing at rags.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Rae4685 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:58 am

ashton287 wrote:
I'd be pissed off. Bale has a sell on value. Ronaldo will be 30 in a year and half.

But then I'd have hours of fun laughing at rags.

Dont we already have those hours of fun anyway? We could have days of fun if this happened!
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:54 am

I'm reading similar comments now that I did last year about Hazard. In the end it was the lack of player like Hazard that ruined our season. Having to constantly rely on Dave Silver to provide that creative spark and having to rely on pretty useless Nasri.

Finding creative spark should've been priority last summer and should be priority this summer. You look at all the top teams in Europe (except rags) and they have pretty strong midfield triangles of (usually) attacking midfielder and two box to box types (there are lot of variants but you know what I mean). We got solid starters in Silva and Yaya there but lack depth there+ regressing Barry.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby kinkylola » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:16 am

I would be delighted if we are getting young talent like Isco in. I hope he comes, and I think he would improve us ... saying otherwise is pretty silly. What do we do when nasri/silva hit a bit of rough form? We have no one that has proved they can fill in/produce near the same level. I'm not saying Isco would be a backup, but would definitely help lighten the load. It's not like Nasri has proven he can do it over a full season anyway (though I believe he has the ability).

Happy if Isco comes, but I'm not going to give up on the season if he doesn't, there will be other targets.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ashton287 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:29 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I'm reading similar comments now that I did last year about Hazard. In the end it was the lack of player like Hazard that ruined our season. Having to constantly rely on Dave Silver to provide that creative spark and having to rely on pretty useless Nasri.

Finding creative spark should've been priority last summer and should be priority this summer. You look at all the top teams in Europe (except rags) and they have pretty strong midfield triangles of (usually) attacking midfielder and two box to box types (there are lot of variants but you know what I mean). We got solid starters in Silva and Yaya there but lack depth there+ regressing Barry.

Isco isn't as good as hazard though.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:22 am

ashton287 wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I'm reading similar comments now that I did last year about Hazard. In the end it was the lack of player like Hazard that ruined our season. Having to constantly rely on Dave Silver to provide that creative spark and having to rely on pretty useless Nasri.

That's true. However we need to streghten both quality and depth in that area.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:27 pm

we also need a forward who has the 1-2 as his second option the greedy bastard who does what is natural and loves his job. The Gomez type.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ant london » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Hazy2 wrote:we also need a forward who has the 1-2 as his second option the greedy bastard who does what is natural and loves his job. The Gomez type.

El foot thru el balio type, agreed
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:11 am

FrancISCO Román Alarcón Suárez

I like the name Isco being a simple abbreviation of his actual name rather than a nickname like sweet penis at the swamp Therefore on that basis and that basis alone, I think we should buy him.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ant london » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:10 pm

Wonderwall wrote:FrancISCO Román Alarcón Suárez

I like the name Isco being a simple abbreviation of his actual name rather than a nickname like sweet penis at the swamp Therefore on that basis and that basis alone, I think we should buy him.

Am I going mad or did we not used to have a kid called Juan Ramon something? Did we flog him??
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:13 pm

ashton287 wrote:

Yes he is.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:13 pm

ant london wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:FrancISCO Román Alarcón Suárez

Am I going mad or did we not used to have a kid called Juan Ramon something? Did we flog him??

He buggered off to Barcelona.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby ashton287 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Yes he is.

Is he fuck.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:51 am

ashton287 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Yes he is.

Is he fuck.

He fuckign is.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:14 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
He fuckign is.

He for sure fucking is.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:12 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
He fuckign is.

He for sure fucking is.

I like Isco and hope we'll get him but right now he is not as good as Hazard. There's no need to pretend otherwise. Hazard is already one of the premier attacking midfielders in Europe whereas Isco has just broken through and his career could go many different ways.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:14 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
I like Isco and hope we'll get him but right now he is not as good as Hazard. There's no need to pretend otherwise. Hazard is already one of the premier attacking midfielders in Europe whereas Isco has just broken through and his career could go many different ways.

Hazard wasnt better in france than isco has been in Spain.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum