Isco

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Isco

Postby Clowncrete » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:57 am

Slim wrote:
phips wrote:
dario2739 wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
The pace also stops sides pushing up. They'll drop off to stop him getting in behind which means an extra few yds for Silva to operate in.
We still need to find a way through the packed defences though. Maybe Jesus' crosses will be our saviour.
I'm here all week

Fucking hell, you'll get crucified for that on here!

God, i cant wait for the season to start. these Jesus jokes are great.

Rumour is the rags are desperately searching for a player called Judas in order to counter the threat Jesus poses, I wonder if Sol Campbell is still available.

Don't Arse fans call Rvp as Judas?
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Slim » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:03 am

Clowncrete wrote:
Slim wrote:
phips wrote:
dario2739 wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
The pace also stops sides pushing up. They'll drop off to stop him getting in behind which means an extra few yds for Silva to operate in.
We still need to find a way through the packed defences though. Maybe Jesus' crosses will be our saviour.
I'm here all week

Fucking hell, you'll get crucified for that on here!

God, i cant wait for the season to start. these Jesus jokes are great.

Rumour is the rags are desperately searching for a player called Judas in order to counter the threat Jesus poses, I wonder if Sol Campbell is still available.

Don't Arse fans call Rvp as Judas?

In order to truly be a Judas, you have to go across to your rivals directly. Even Adebayor isn't reviled as Sol was when he went from Spuds to Arse.

The fans took it like a spud to the arse.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:43 am

Slim wrote:
In order to truly be a Judas, you have to go across to your rivals directly. Even Adebayor isn't reviled as Sol was when he went from Spuds to Arse.

Didn't they pay him about £100k a week when we were in the Championship. But yeah, we ruined football by paying big wages.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:51 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Didn't they pay him about £100k a week when we were in the Championship. But yeah, we ruined football by paying big wages.

The filth broke the 100k/week barrier with that fucking psycho shitbag cunt wanker fucker arsehole midfielder back in the late 90's. Chelsea smacked 150k/week around like a little bitch with Shevchenko and Ballack. We are playing their game, they invented this shit, they monopolized it and as soon as we wanted to play to, they cried like a little fucking bitch and ran to Platini so he would say we couldn't.

Fucking queens.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Slim wrote:
The filth broke the 100k/week barrier with that fucking psycho shitbag cunt wanker fucker arsehole midfielder back in the late 90's. Chelsea smacked 150k/week around like a little bitch with Shevchenko and Ballack. We are playing their game, they invented this shit, they monopolized it and as soon as we wanted to play to, they cried like a little fucking bitch and ran to Platini so he would say we couldn't.

Fucking queens.

It was fair enough the rags paying him that though, as he was home grown...

I do love the way Arsenal fans snivel about it though, forgetting what they did and ignoring their £1000+ season tickets. And all their players just leave for the money. Rather than the medals they've all won since they left.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:19 am

who would you rather have, Isco or De Bruyne?

Manchester City have stolen a march on rivals Chelsea in the transfer race to sign Real Madrid midfielder Isco.

Jose Mourinho was keen on bringing the talented Spaniard to Stamford Bridge this summer, with the 23-year-old said to be searching for first-team football away from the Bernabeu next season.

However, having sealed a £49 million deal for Raheem Sterling last week, Manuel Pellegrini has switched his attention to signing Isco and has capitalised on Chelsea’s slow negotiations with the La Liga giants.

Pellegrini worked with the flamboyant attacker during his days as Malaga boss and, according to Spanish newspaper AS, this will be a deciding factor in the player’s decision to join City.

Isco has spent two years with Madrid following a big money move from Malaga but has struggled to cement a first-team spot with the likes of James Rodriguez ahead of him in the pecking order.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Crossie » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:52 am

Isco.

Although I don't see it happening. Fuck knows how we are going to line up this season.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Slim » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:55 am

Crossie wrote:Isco.

Although I don't see it happening. Fuck knows how we are going to line up this season.

Hart/Caballero
Sagna/Zabaleta--Kompany/MDM--Mangala/Denayer--Clichy/Kolarov
Fernando/Fernandinho--Yaya/Delph
Isco/Navas--Silva/Nasri--Sterling/Roberts
Aguero/Bony/Iheanacho

If we really want to show these kids a way into the team, we'd sell Navas, Nasri and Fernandinho and bring Lopes, Barker and Zuculini into the 1st team proper.

Also, is Angelino on loan now? Because I'd be very interested to see where he'd slot in.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:13 pm

Now that's a tough question. Can't choose wrong here! I'd go with De Bruyne though because Isco is little bit more similar to Silva. Also KDB has experience of running the show alone in Wolfsburg and then there's the weather thing and presence of Kompany.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:13 pm

The Chelsea reject or the Real Madrid reject?

/hides from bullies

Daily Mail wrote:City accept they may have to pay around £50m for a player Chelsea sold for £18m in 2013.

I love their spin, so unexpected! Well, at least we are not paying £22m for a player we ourselves sold for £3m two years prior. Cunts.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby LoveCityHateUtd » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:13 am

Hart/Caballero
Sagna/Zabaleta--Kompany/MDM--Mangala/Denayer--Clichy/Kolarov
Fernando/Fernandinho--Yaya/Delph
Sterling/Navas--Silva/Roberts/Lopes--Reus or KDB/Nasri
Aguero/Bony/Iheanacho
LoveCityHateUtd
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooooooooooo

Postby phips » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:25 pm

Daily Mirror:

Manchester City are set to make a fresh move for £25m-rated ($37.8m) Real Madrid midfielder Isco, 23, who is frustrated at his lack of starts under Rafael Benitez.

with Nasri surely done at this club and Silva's continual ankle problems this makes sense. and thats not even taking into account that the player is class.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:36 pm

phips wrote:Daily Mirror:

Manchester City are set to make a fresh move for £25m-rated ($37.8m) Real Madrid midfielder Isco, 23, who is frustrated at his lack of starts under Rafael Benitez.

with Nasri surely done at this club and Silva's continual ankle problems this makes sense. and thats not even taking into account that the player is class.

He chose Real over us, I am not one who likes to go back after already being told "I dont want to join you".

He is class and you raise valid points
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Cant really blame him for choosing Madrid when he did. Definitely would take him at that price.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:49 pm

Well the chances of Benitez being there beyond the summer are shortening by the minute, so I guess it'll depend on who replaces him as to whether Isco leaves or not
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:01 pm

Frustrated at his lack of starts eh? He's started 9 from 12 in the league and 4 from 4 in the CL.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Tru_Blu » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:10 pm

Nasri --> OUT
Isco --> IN
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Frustrated at his lack of starts eh? He's started 9 from 12 in the league and 4 from 4 in the CL.

It's just a Phips 6 month anniversary thread special.

Whatevs.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:15 pm

Yes to Isco, no sulking here he is a class player with many years in him no brainer
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:54 am

Some media saying Isco wants to leave RM in Jan. Would love it of we could finally get him.
Could create some unrest though with Silva, Isco, Kevin, and Sterling battling for 3, sometimes 2, starting spots
Saul Goodman

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum