Isco

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Isco

Postby bigblue » Wed May 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Just checked the wiki link and he seems like quite the signing. Maybe even a bit undervalued:

Over 2,000 years old and 1,000 ft tall!
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:All things we talk abaut transfers are now ??????????? I hope for Isco , maybe one of players i most wont us to sing.

'He is The I.S.C.O.
He is The I.S.C.O.'

Let's all do the Isco,
Let's all do the Isco,
Nah, nah, nah, nah - Shoot,
Nah, nah, nah, nah - Shoot.....
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed May 15, 2013 5:02 pm

bigblue wrote:Just checked the wiki link and he seems like quite the signing. Maybe even a bit undervalued:

Over 2,000 years old and 1,000 ft tall!

The height will be useful on corners but his legs must have gone by now.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Risby » Wed May 15, 2013 5:04 pm

I just want thinks open and clear.

I know it's not the end of the season yet, but I just want our manager sorted and I want a couple of early, big signings.

If this is done quickly, I can enjoy the rest of the pre-season unlike last year.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Risby wrote:I just want thinks open and clear.

I know it's not the end of the season yet, but I just want our manager sorted and I want a couple of early, big signings.

If this is done quickly, I can enjoy the rest of the pre-season unlike last year.

I would have thought that by the way they dealt with the Mancini sacking that they've got something in the bag that will wash all those sorry faces away.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Risby » Wed May 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I would have thought that by the way they dealt with the Mancini sacking that they've got something in the bag that will wash all those sorry faces away.

I hope you're correct.

Im just impatient and want a bit of transparency.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sandman » Wed May 15, 2013 6:03 pm

http://www.football-espana.net/30871/isco%E2%80%99s-city-talks-complete

Reports in Spain have it that Isco has concluded talks with Manchester City over a summer transfer from Malaga.

The youngster has been increasingly linked with a switch to Eastlands at the end of the season, with City reported as in talks with the player over the past few weeks.

AS report that negotiations between the English and the 21-year-old attacking midfielder are now complete, with an agreement reached, and that talks over a fee between City and Malaga will now take priority.

Sporting director Txiki Begiristain is reportedly keen to reduce Malaga’s asking price, which currently stands at his recently increased buyout clause of €35m.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed May 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Maybe all the meetings between Ticksy and the agent were only about Isco and not Pellegrini...
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby ashton287 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:39 pm

Isco reminds me of kinky the way he goes past people. Hope he is the only thing we are after from that club to be honest.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Risby » Wed May 15, 2013 8:04 pm

ashton287 wrote:Isco reminds me of kinky the way he goes past people. Hope he is the only thing we are after from that club to be honest.

Do you not want Pellegrini then?

I rate Isco a lot. For a 21 year old, he is exceptionally composed on the ball.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sandman » Wed May 15, 2013 9:10 pm

ashton287 wrote:Isco reminds me of kinky the way he goes past people. Hope he is the only thing we are after from that club to be honest.

I would hope he would be better than Kinky or else he just won't cut the mustard at this level.
sandman

Postby Blackadder » Wed May 15, 2013 9:27 pm

sandman wrote:

I would hope he would be better than Kinky or else he just won't cut the mustard at this level.

Wash your mouth out. Kinky playing alongside today's players would be on another planet.
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby sandman » Thu May 16, 2013 8:07 am

Blackadder wrote:
Wash your mouth out. Kinky playing alongside today's players would be on another planet.

Ok...if you say so... Kinky had the opportunity at greater things and failed, he looked awesome amongst one of the worst City sides there has ever been but he is grossly overrated, particularly by our younger fans.
sandman

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu May 16, 2013 8:14 am

Blackadder wrote:
sandman wrote:

Mate, I absolutely adored Kinkladze. Even had a poster of him in my bedroom wall and I was 17 at the time and already having sex. But he sucked with Ajax surrounded by better players and we adored him mostly because he was rare bright light in what was shitstorm called Manchester City of 90's. I doubt we would even consider him in current climate.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu May 16, 2013 8:33 am

If we get him can I have dibs on nickname and officially dub him Pablo iscobar!
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 16, 2013 10:28 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:If we get him can I have dibs on nickname and officially dub him Pablo iscobar!

Just when I thought we were getting somewhere you and me. We will always have Tevez!!
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Thu May 16, 2013 10:34 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Blackadder wrote:
sandman wrote:

Mate, I absolutely adored Kinkladze. Even had a poster of him in my bedroom wall and I was 17 at the time and already having sex. But he sucked with Ajax surrounded by better players and we adored him mostly because he was rare bright light in what was shitstorm called Manchester City of 90's. I doubt we would even consider him in current climate.

Spot on mate. Funny how that happens. Although Arsenal weren't such a shower of shit Fabregas is undergoing the same process with the big boyz!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby freshie » Thu May 16, 2013 12:44 pm

According to the footballing bible that is Cheshire Today:

Manchester City are aiming to complete a £17  million deal for Malaga winger Isco after moving closer to securing Manuel Pellegrini as manager.

Although Malaga would not officially confirm reports in Spain on Wednesday that their 59-year-old coach would be free to leave the club at the end of the season, it is understood that the Chilean will not be held to his contract this summer.

With Malaga facing financial difficulties, the Champions League quarter-finalists will reluctantly sanction the sale of Isco,to any club that triggers the £17  million escape clause in the 21-year-old’s contract.

City sporting director Txiki Begiristain has identified Isco as a target having watched the player in recent weeks, but having earned his first full Spain cap against Uruguay in February the youngster is also attracting the attention of Real Madrid.

Pellegrini’s impending move to Manchester City – the club are hopeful of an agreement being finalised at the beginning of June – is expected to boost the club’s prospects of winning the race for Isco.
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu May 16, 2013 1:54 pm

Funny how every paper ive picked up today is running the Isco story...except the mirror...funny that. If he snubs us, as all our targets are itching to do, will they bury that story as well?...of course there is no agenda, never was, ever.
Bianchi on Ice

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Avalon » Thu May 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Isco is a playerd I'd love to see.
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum