Premier League on NBC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Premier League on NBC

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:09 pm

bigblue wrote:
That explains a lot of your comments on here...

Brilliant
Original Dub

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:21 pm

mr_nool wrote:Meanwhile in Europe, they're enforcing a new ruling which will mean that broadcasters will only be allow to show one 3pm kick-off on Saturdays. My subscription is going up from 12.50 to 15 euro a month and I will be robbed of the possibility to choose which game I want to see on Saturday afternoon. I'm seriously thinking about going back to watching streams.

Isn't that ruling aimed at stopping the streams?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:26 pm

phips wrote:
bigblue wrote:
dazby wrote:Guys is this good for you or not?

Very, very good. Fox soccer channel had the worst pundits that you could imagine (well I might dislike the ian darke/mcmanamanman combo even more but thats besides the point). Every moment with their "panel of experts" was excruciatingly awkward they talked absolute nonsense. Any change will be better than fsc guaranteed.

Beefymcfc wrote:Is it free?

NBC is free even without cable and most of their other channels are on basic cable or very cheap packages. Great that more games are covered as this means a better chance for people to see City in their TV rather than computer screen. Plus, more high-quality coverage in America means more high-quality streams for everyone else in the world.

I like Warren Barton and Eric Winalda.
and I will have to get a special package to get those NBC games, except the ones on NBC (which will probably be United). its stupid. the sports package doesnt give me any of those as is so i have to get something beyond that...

Where in CA do you live? Who is your provider? I have never known anyone who didn't get NBCSports/Versus as part of basic cable, and Fox Soccer was usually a premium channel. The only one I do not get that I can get with an upgrade is BeIN Sports, which is covering a lot of international football. That really sucks. Do you get Telemundo?
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby phips » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Florida Blue wrote:
phips wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Very, very good. Fox soccer channel had the worst pundits that you could imagine (well I might dislike the ian darke/mcmanamanman combo even more but thats besides the point). Every moment with their "panel of experts" was excruciatingly awkward they talked absolute nonsense. Any change will be better than fsc guaranteed.

NBC is free even without cable and most of their other channels are on basic cable or very cheap packages. Great that more games are covered as this means a better chance for people to see City in their TV rather than computer screen. Plus, more high-quality coverage in America means more high-quality streams for everyone else in the world.

and I will have to get a special package to get those NBC games, except the ones on NBC (which will probably be United). its stupid. the sports package doesnt give me any of those as is so i have to get something beyond that...

Where in CA do you live? Who is your provider? I have never known anyone who didn't get NBCSports/Versus as part of basic cable, and Fox Soccer was usually a premium channel. The only one I do not get that I can get with an upgrade is BeIN Sports, which is covering a lot of international football. That really sucks. Do you get Telemundo?

NBCSports is a channel that you need to pay for.

Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer plus are premium channels that i pay extra for as part of the sports package, which doesnt include NBCSports. I dont think I get Versus either and I have no idea if I get Telemundo. Around the beginning of August I am going to have a long talk with my cable company to ensure that i get the right channels.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:32 pm

phips wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:
phips wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer plus are premium channels that i pay extra for as part of the sports package, which doesnt include NBCSports. I dont think I get Versus either and I have no idea if I get Telemundo. Around the beginning of August I am going to have a long talk with my cable company to ensure that i get the right channels.

I hope your cable guy hurts you after your "long talk".
Original Dub

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:39 pm

phips wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:
phips wrote:
bigblue wrote:

NBCSports is what Versus became. Strange that NBCsports isn't part of the sports package. I have the sports package GOL/BeIN is the only thing I didn't get that I should have gotten. Well become a hockey fan and NBCSports is worth it. Their focuses will be soccer and hockey.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:42 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Stole my thunder. Very good work.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby bigblue » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:29 pm

I just would like to reemphasize that Warren Barton and Eric Winalda have less charisma than a hungover John Kerry. The fact that someone actually "likes" them on TV is insane.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby roblues » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:58 pm

bigblue wrote:I just would like to reemphasize that Warren Barton and Eric Winalda have less charisma than a hungover John Kerry. The fact that someone actually "likes" them on TV is insane.

While this is true, we've maybe got it even worse north of the border with Gerry Dobson, frequently calling players by the wrong name or an invented name, and Craig Forrest who looks like he is about to cry every time the camera points at him. There is nothing about these two guys that interests me.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Socrates » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:31 pm

What's the Oz coverage like in terms of the number of games covered? Looks like I'll be there for a substantial part of the new season and considering paying the extra to get Sports added to the tv package but only if most of our games will be on!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Socrates wrote:
What's the Oz coverage like in terms of the number of games covered? Looks like I'll be there for a substantial part of the new season and considering paying the extra to get Sports added to the tv package but only if most of our games will be on!

There are no ladyboys in Oz. Just real men. Just a heads up in case the internets told u otherwise. Plan accordingly!!
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:16 pm

Socrates wrote:

Most weeks we get every game live.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:39 pm

roblues wrote:While this is true, we've maybe got it even worse north of the border with Gerry Dobson, frequently calling players by the wrong name or an invented name, and Craig Forrest who looks like he is about to cry every time the camera points at him. There is nothing about these two guys that interests me.

nothing irritates me more than when those guys mess up the names. i dont understand how they can be paid to be on television and not know the names...
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby phips » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:43 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I hope your cable guy hurts you after your "long talk".

its no wonder you 2 agree on something...you're both just about the most despicable human beings ive ever come across. theres a limit to "cyber bullying" and you guys have gone passed it. not that i care, since why should i care about two pathetic people that get off on being assholes? i bet its the highlight of your pathetic lives.

glad i can get a rise out of you two....gives me a purpose in life.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:46 pm

phips wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

its no wonder you 2 agree on something...you're both just about the most despicable human beings ive ever come across. theres a limit to "cyber bullying" and you guys have gone passed it. not that i care, since why should i care about two pathetic people that get off on being assholes? i bet its the highlight of your pathetic lives.

i don't even know who you are you spastic American fuck.

start at the beginning cuntface.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Michigan Blue » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:21 pm

bigblue wrote:I just would like to reemphasize that Warren Barton and Eric Winalda have less charisma than a hungover John Kerry. The fact that someone actually "likes" them on TV is insane.

I've enjoyed Barton's punditry because he's got such a soft spot for City. Been kind to us on-air for years and couldn't hide his delight for City fans when we won the cup (and then the league).

Our amateurish football coverage is just as sycophantic to the Rags as the British media, so this is no small thing.

Wynalda, however, is an utter knob.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Chopper » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:25 pm

phips wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby dazby » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:08 am

Socrates wrote:

Around 50-60 bucks a month gets you the sports package which gives you fox sports and ESPN. Fox cover every game of the Prem and ESPN cover the FA Cup and Chumps League. For an extra $16 per month you get Setanta which gets you the League Cup. SBS cover the Chumps league also and are Free to air so no cost there. SBS and Fox have really good analysts covering the games which is great.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Socrates » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:49 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Socrates wrote:

There are no ladyboys in Oz. Just real men. Just a heads up in case the internets told u otherwise. Plan accordingly!!

The irony (look it up) of the fact that I periodically leave Thailand to go and have sex has not escaped me.
Last edited by Socrates on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum