Premier League on NBC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Premier League on NBC

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Sucks for TWC customers. There is no reason for them to not have the channels or streaming. It doesn't cost them anything other than bandwidth to have them. I actually cancelled my DirecTV months ago. I realized how much money I was wasting for a few channels my family watched. Which most of it we could get through Hulu, Netflix or with an antenna. So I just got my mother-in-laws login for DirecTV and so I could stream Premier League games through the APP on my iPad. Which I mirror to my AppleTV.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:42 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
phips wrote:so anyone in the US hit up their cable company about this yet?

I've had the channel since it launched. One of the pluses for having DIrecTV. The other is you get every Champions League and Europa League game. I know the cable company in my area doesn't have it yet.

I have always had the NBCSports network over the years.

Jamie, the CL and Europa games are on Fox Soccer, so I am getting them on cable.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:26 am

Florida Blue wrote:
I have always had the NBCSports network over the years.

Jamie, the CL and Europa games are on Fox Soccer, so I am getting them on cable.

I know about the CL and Europa games on Fox. But I'm talking about the rest of the games that aren't on Fox Soccer or BeIn. DirecTV has over flow 8 or 9 overflow channels that show the rest of he European games that aren't split between the soccer channels we have.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby juanienferma » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:52 am

Hello citizens! Here in argentina i watch the premier league on fox sports, i have to pay for watching. Do you know that everybody can watch all games of the argentina league free over here? Cheers!
juanienferma
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:15 am

juanienferma wrote:Hello citizens! Here in argentina i watch the premier league on fox sports, i have to pay for watching. Do you know that everybody can watch all games of the argentina league free over here? Cheers!

Do you mean the Argentinian league or the Premier League? I can help you out with the Premier League but not yours.

¿Quieres decir la liga inglesa o la vuestra? Te puedo enseñar páginas web que echan los partidos de nuestra liga pero no sé ninguna si lo que buscas es la liga argentina. Mándame un mensaje privado.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:36 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
juanienferma wrote:Hello citizens! Here in argentina i watch the premier league on fox sports, i have to pay for watching. Do you know that everybody can watch all games of the argentina league free over here? Cheers!

Do you mean the Argentinian league or the Premier League? I can help you out with the Premier League but not yours.

¿Quieres decir la liga inglesa o la vuestra? Te puedo enseñar páginas web que echan los partidos de nuestra liga pero no sé ninguna si lo que buscas es la liga argentina. Mándame un mensaje privado.

I thought he was quite clear in what he was saying - Argentinian games are free-to-air in Argentina. Lucky Argentinians I say.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Dameerto wrote:
I thought he was quite clear in what he was saying - Argentinian games are free-to-air in Argentina. Lucky Argentinians I say.

I misread it as, 'Do you know of anywhere that I can watch the Argentinian [which I thought was a mental slip] league for free over here?' It was probably the word 'Cheers!' that threw me and made me think he was asking for a favour.

It's pretty clear now you've pointed it out but, in my defence, I was a bit pissed last night. I am, however, slightly worried that my English is pretty poor these days.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Aaaah alcohol, say no more.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

I misread it as, 'Do you know of anywhere that I can watch the Argentinian [which I thought was a mental slip] league for free over here?' It was probably the word 'Cheers!' that threw me and made me think he was asking for a favour.

It's pretty clear now you've pointed it out but, in my defence, I was a bit pissed last night. I am, however, slightly worried that my English is pretty poor these days.

These days? Doesn't it sound weird in your head when a foreigner writes "cheers"?

I know Doomie has a penchant for it and knowing he's a doodle just makes me think he's trying too hard to go native.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:

For once it is obvious where the blame lies: by Doom-fucking-merchant, bastardising the English language at mancityfans.net since 2007(?). I'm not even British an I'm appalled.

Cheers!
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Slim wrote:
These days? Doesn't it sound weird in your head when a foreigner writes "cheers"?

I know Doomie has a penchant for it and knowing he's a doodle just makes me think he's trying too hard to go native.

RE: Cheers. I suppose so, but a lot of people (led by Doom) do it on here so it's become a sort of convention.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
RE: Cheers. I suppose so, but a lot of people (led by Doom) do it on here so it's become a sort of convention.

I use cheers and mate when I write / speak to British people and awesome and cool when I speak to Americans. Do you mean that it sounds strange only when foreigners with English as mother tongue use cheers? Or am I allowed to use any other word bar this typical British one? (Obviously aimed at Slim)
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:02 pm

mr_nool wrote:
I use cheers and mate when I write / speak to British people and awesome and cool when I speak to Americans. Do you mean that it sounds strange only when foreigners with English as mother tongue use cheers? Or am I allowed to use any other word bar this typical British one? (Obviously aimed at Slim)

It's a bit like when English speakers overuse the word 'amigo' in Spain. Sounds like it should be common parlance, but isn't really.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
It's a bit like when English speakers overuse the word 'amigo' in Spain. Sounds like it should be common parlance, but isn't really.

You'll just have to let me know if I overuse it when / if we finally meet.
I pride myself on my 'feel' for parlance, but also like to have it pointed out when I get it wrong.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:14 pm

mr_nool wrote:
You'll just have to let me know if I overuse it when / if we finally meet.
I pride myself on my 'feel' for parlance, but also like to have it pointed out when I get it wrong.

We use it in two ways in Manchester: to say 'thanks' or 'salud'. We don't really use it as a sign-off a la Doomy unless we're asking for a favour, i.e. 'thanks in advance'.

They might use it differently in other parts of the country.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
We use it in two ways in Manchester: to say 'thanks' or 'salud'. We don't really use it as a sign-off a la Doomy unless we're asking for a favour, i.e. 'thanks in advance'.

They might use it differently in other parts of the country.

I'm aware of that, mate. The only times I use it like that is to make fun of our sexually frustrated cloud master.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JonnyAsh » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:52 pm

phips wrote:anyone know wtf this Premier League Extra time is? The Cardiff game is on that channel and I can't find it...

I live in New York and was told by Time Warner when I phoned, that channels 370 and 390 were extra channels.
they do show up, but as yet say no Prem matches are scheduled, so maybe one of these will have the game.

Just checked again online and those channels now both show our matches on NBC Extra. For those in the USA, just go onto the TW online listings
http://tvlistings.timewarnercable.com/tvListings/

type in your zip and the channels 370 and 390 come up with our games.
I have just turned on my TV and hey presto, those channels are live, but obviously are only 'live' when the games are on. So unless I have this very wrong, we should be OK!

For info, to all the USA fans (at least in NY, hopefully elsewhere too), please bookmark these Time Warner channels, and for further info, there are more NBC extra channels showing tomorrow (Saturday) on Time Warner

10.00 am est
370 Newcastle v West Ham
371 Everton v West Brom
372 Hull v Norwich
373 Stoke v Palace

Worth checking all future games here, on any of these channels
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby phips » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:16 am

all of those are different channels here in Cali.

so i now know that NY and TX Time Warner customers get these channels...im gonna raise some hell.

what's the little 3 or 4 letter title of those channels?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby JonnyAsh » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:22 am

phips wrote:all of those are different channels here in Cali.

so i now know that NY and TX Time Warner customers get these channels...im gonna raise some hell.

Sprts5, Sprts6, Sprts7, Sprts8

Phone Time Warner and ask for these. They were very helpful with me.
Try the TW link on my post above and do a search. Good luck!!
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby phips » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:37 am

JonnyAsh wrote:
phips wrote:all of those are different channels here in Cali.

Sprts5, Sprts6, Sprts7, Sprts8

Phone Time Warner and ask for these. They were very helpful with me.
Try the TW link on my post above and do a search. Good luck!!

did the link already. doesnt work.

i dont believe we get them out here in Cali.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus