The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years on

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:08 pm

Not as exciting as choccy, water aid stuff

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1042711474?-1808:813
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:04 am

Troyes takeover complete:

https://www.90min.com/posts/city-footba ... source=RSS

City Football Group have confirmed the acquisition of French Ligue 2 side Espérance Sportive Troyes Aube Champagne (ESTAC).

The group, which is best known for its ownership of Manchester City, also have clubs based in eight other countries: New York City in the US, Melbourne City FC in Australia, Yokohama F. Marinos in Japan, Montevideo City Torque in Uruguay, Girona FC in Spain, Sichuan Jiuniu FC in China, Mumbai City FC in India and Lommel SK in Belgium.

ESTAC have now become the tenth club under CFG's ownership, with the group confirming on their official website that they had bought out the shares of former owner Daniel Masoni.

“We have had an interest in French football for some time and have long admired ESTAC, so we are delighted to have completed the acquisition of our tenth club and have a permanent presence in France," said CFG executive Ferran Soriano.

"This is a milestone for City Football Group and demonstrates how our model continues to adapt and grow in a relatively short space of time.

“At City Football Group, our objective remains to play beautiful football, identify and develop grassroots talent and have a permanent presence in the world’s football centres. There is no doubt that France is one of the top football countries in the world and we are proud to be part of that community.

"We look forward to getting to know our new home and the Club’s fans and working together to create a bright future for ESTAC. We would also like to thank Mr Masoni for all his contributions to the Club”.

ESTAC ended the 2019/20 season in fourth place in Ligue 2 and were playing in the top flight as recently as 2017/18, and CFG will hope to help the club cement a place in Ligue 1 after years of hopping between the two divisions.

ESTAC, who used to be known as Troyes, do have some history with English football. They won the 2001 Intertoto Cup which included an enthralling 4-4 draw with Newcastle United, and they even managed a win over Leeds United in their ultimately unsuccessful UEFA Cup campaign the following season.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:07 am

john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:44 am

Antoine Sibierski where are you now? Official Hair Clinic Partner:

https://www.mancity.com/news/club/hwt-c ... t-63736530

Manchester City has announced a new multi-year partnership with HWT Clinic to become the Club’s Official Hair Clinic Partner in Europe.
FEELING THE LOVE: Silva and Rodri congratulate KDB after his stunning goal.
MENS TEAM

Leeds game selected for live TV coverage
HWT Clinic is one of the most established clinics of its kind in Turkey with nearly ten years’ experience across a rapidly growing hair transplant industry that is set to be worth $30 billion globally by 2025. HWT Clinic offers the latest technologies in its own state of the art hospital in Istanbul where it welcomes customers from across Europe.

Through this partnership HWT Clinic will look to strengthen its brand presence across Europe with branding across the Etihad Stadium and Manchester City’s digital platforms. HWT Clinic will also be able to provide its customers with access to ‘money can’t buy’ City experiences and prizes.

Tom Boyle, Head of Partnership Marketing EMEA at City Football Group, said: “HWT Clinic is committed to offering the best possible experience to its customers and embracing the latest technologies, which aligns closely with Manchester City’s values. We look forward to working with HWT Clinic over the coming seasons.”

HWT Clinic was founded by Demir Akillioglu and Yunus Yildiz in 2011. Demir said: “Our research has demonstrated our target audience’s high engagement with sport which led us to look for a strong partner in this field and Manchester City is fitting for our ambitions. We are excited to deliver our brand to City fans and are particularly looking forward to growing our brand in England, one of our key target markets, through this relationship.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:17 pm

john@staustell wrote:Antoine Sibierski where are you now? Official Hair Clinic Partner:

https://www.mancity.com/news/club/hwt-c ... t-63736530

Manchester City has announced a new multi-year partnership with HWT Clinic to become the Club’s Official Hair Clinic Partner in Europe.
FEELING THE LOVE: Silva and Rodri congratulate KDB after his stunning goal.
MENS TEAM

Leeds game selected for live TV coverage
HWT Clinic is one of the most established clinics of its kind in Turkey with nearly ten years’ experience across a rapidly growing hair transplant industry that is set to be worth $30 billion globally by 2025. HWT Clinic offers the latest technologies in its own state of the art hospital in Istanbul where it welcomes customers from across Europe.

Through this partnership HWT Clinic will look to strengthen its brand presence across Europe with branding across the Etihad Stadium and Manchester City’s digital platforms. HWT Clinic will also be able to provide its customers with access to ‘money can’t buy’ City experiences and prizes.

Tom Boyle, Head of Partnership Marketing EMEA at City Football Group, said: “HWT Clinic is committed to offering the best possible experience to its customers and embracing the latest technologies, which aligns closely with Manchester City’s values. We look forward to working with HWT Clinic over the coming seasons.”

HWT Clinic was founded by Demir Akillioglu and Yunus Yildiz in 2011. Demir said: “Our research has demonstrated our target audience’s high engagement with sport which led us to look for a strong partner in this field and Manchester City is fitting for our ambitions. We are excited to deliver our brand to City fans and are particularly looking forward to growing our brand in England, one of our key target markets, through this relationship.”

Perhaps Merlin did the intro after using their services.............
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:46 pm

If anyone is going to milk the Bolivian market, talent and income wise, it's us!! The 11th club:

https://www.cityam.com/manchester-city- ... s-network/

Manchester City owner City Football Group has added Bolivia’s most successful side, Club Bolivar, to their portfolio of football teams.

Bolivar becomes the 11th team in the group but the first to be designated as a “partner club” to City.

City Football Group said the tie-up would give Bolivar access to its expertise and proprietary technology.

“We are very pleased to grow our global presence through this important collaboration with Club Bolivar,” said City Football Group chief executive Ferran Soriano.

“This long-term agreement is the first of its kind and will enable Club Bolivar to draw down on and utilise the wide range of football industry expertise developed by City Football Group.

“As well as supporting Club Bolivar’s ambitions, we have an opportunity to learn. Our work in Bolivia will certainly strengthen our knowledge of, and network in, South American football.”

The City Football Group network
Bolivar are the second Latin American club to join City Football Group, after Montevideo City Torque in 2017.

They are third since the pandemic and the fourth – following Mumbai City, Lommel in Belgium and French side Troyes – since US investors Silver Lake paid $500m for 10 per cent of City Football Group in November 2019.

Montevideo, Troyes and Melbourne City are all wholly owned by City Football Group.

The group has majority stakes in Lommel, New York City and Mumbai City. It has minority holdings in Girona, Sichuan Jiuniu and Yokohama Marinos.

City Football Group has not disclosed the degree of its investment in Bolivar.

Bolivar president Marcelo Claure already has links to City Football Group chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak.

Claure is chief executive of Softbank, whose investors include Abu Dhabi sovereign welath fund Mubadala, where Al Mubarak is CEO.

City currently sit fifth in the Premier League but just four points behind leaders Liverpool with two games in hand.

Bolivar won their 29th and most recent league title in 2019 and finished third in last year’s competition.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:16 pm

john@staustell wrote:If anyone is going to milk the Bolivian market, talent and income wise, it's us!! The 11th club:

https://www.cityam.com/manchester-city- ... s-network/

Manchester City owner City Football Group has added Bolivia’s most successful side, Club Bolivar, to their portfolio of football teams.

Bolivar becomes the 11th team in the group but the first to be designated as a “partner club” to City.

City Football Group said the tie-up would give Bolivar access to its expertise and proprietary technology.

“We are very pleased to grow our global presence through this important collaboration with Club Bolivar,” said City Football Group chief executive Ferran Soriano.

“This long-term agreement is the first of its kind and will enable Club Bolivar to draw down on and utilise the wide range of football industry expertise developed by City Football Group.

“As well as supporting Club Bolivar’s ambitions, we have an opportunity to learn. Our work in Bolivia will certainly strengthen our knowledge of, and network in, South American football.”

The City Football Group network
Bolivar are the second Latin American club to join City Football Group, after Montevideo City Torque in 2017.

They are third since the pandemic and the fourth – following Mumbai City, Lommel in Belgium and French side Troyes – since US investors Silver Lake paid $500m for 10 per cent of City Football Group in November 2019.

Montevideo, Troyes and Melbourne City are all wholly owned by City Football Group.

The group has majority stakes in Lommel, New York City and Mumbai City. It has minority holdings in Girona, Sichuan Jiuniu and Yokohama Marinos.

City Football Group has not disclosed the degree of its investment in Bolivar.

Bolivar president Marcelo Claure already has links to City Football Group chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak.

Claure is chief executive of Softbank, whose investors include Abu Dhabi sovereign welath fund Mubadala, where Al Mubarak is CEO.

City currently sit fifth in the Premier League but just four points behind leaders Liverpool with two games in hand.

Bolivar won their 29th and most recent league title in 2019 and finished third in last year’s competition.

And this is why the USA shitstain owners are frightened to death of us , they spend 000s upon 000s with the media to keep them relevant , while they milk their cash cows ! We just keep on Building and reinvesting in world football , Great owners
I fookin luv City I do
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:49 am

Khaldoon does a lot of business in luxury hotel and airport lounges it seems to me
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:31 am

https://www.mancity.com/news/club/manch ... p-63747299

Unabashed by dropping slightly below Dippers in Deloittes this week (seems to depend how much revenue a club lost last season) we are still forging ahead with insuring the lives of those in the Middle East:

Manchester City has announced a new regional partnership with leading life insurer in the Middle East, Zurich International Life Limited (Zurich), who will become the Club’s Official Insurance Partner in the UAE.
The partnership builds on Zurich’s long-standing commitment to inspiring and empowering the next generation of young talent to build brighter futures, bringing people together through their passion for sports.

Nurturing a sense of community and engaging fans and enthusiasts both on and off the pitch, the collaboration will involve a range of digital and esports activations, including an online FIFA tournament for Manchester City fans, casual gamers and esports fanatics with various prizes to be won.

Stephan Cieplik, Senior Vice President of Global Partnerships at City Football Group, said: “We are delighted to launch this new partnership with Zurich International Life. The team has impressed us with their ambition and commitment to empowering the next generation.

“Over the last few years, Manchester City has been able to expand our digital and esports offering and I am pleased that Zurich will be joining us on this journey as we discover new ways in which our audiences engage with the Club.”

Walter Jopp, CEO of Zurich in the Middle East, said: “At Zurich, we are always looking for ways to connect with our communities.

"We are also passionate about sports and promoting a sense of togetherness, and I am very excited to be joining forces with Manchester City on this journey. We are certainly ready for kick-off.”

The new partnership builds on Zurich’s previous sporting relationships within cricket and golf, as well as the recently announced partnership with Mumbai City FC, through which they became the Club’s Official Insurance Partner in India and the UAE.

City Football Group is currently providing advisory services to Mumbai City FC and has entered into an agreement to acquire a majority investment in Mumbai City FC. The purchase is awaiting final approvals.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:38 pm

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:03 pm

[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:14 pm

Just waiting for the day its announced we have bought UEFA and plan to disband it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:59 pm

nottsblue wrote:Just waiting for the day its announced we have bought UEFA and plan to disband it

You can tell how far we've come, we used to dream of buying the rags and disbanding them.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby john@staustell » Thu May 13, 2021 4:17 pm

Football school in Egypt now. Main event in August apparently.

At least they won't be chilly

https://www.kingfut.com/2021/05/13/man- ... ool-egypt/
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john68 » Fri May 14, 2021 9:16 am

patrickblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Just waiting for the day its announced we have bought UEFA and plan to disband it

You can tell how far we've come, we used to dream of buying the rags and disbanding them.

I still want to buy the swamp...Turn it into a giant shopping mall and rent it back at a very price to the Glazers.

As for the rags, I would sell them to a Sunday Lge team somewhere in the Sahara Desert and charge their fans a fortune to be taken by camel trains for matches.
Most of them, being plastics, would simply melt in the heat.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby john@staustell » Fri May 14, 2021 11:57 am

john68 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

I still want to buy the swamp...Turn it into a giant shopping mall and rent it back at a very price to the Glazers.

As for the rags, I would sell them to a Sunday Lge team somewhere in the Sahara Desert and charge their fans a fortune to be taken by camel trains for matches.
Most of them, being plastics, would simply melt in the heat.

Well some of the defending is already like a Sunday League team!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john68 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:28 pm

That reminded me of the rags defending during the City phase of 44 passes before Gundo scored in that derby at the swamp.

Whilst outside the swamp they have bronze statues, that day they had eleven on pitch defensive statues making no attempt whatsoever do anything to stop City.
That was worse than most Sunday League defending I have seen
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 8 years

Postby john@staustell » Tue May 25, 2021 6:00 am

So almost exactly 8 years from the start of this thread, I thought the Uruguayan article below sums up where we are quite nicely. I found it interesting to read the beginnning posts, which show the climate at the time, when every deal was seen as a way get to round Platini's rules.

I think we were all pretty short-sighted to be honest. Soriano's vision and is actually world domination!!

https://www.deccanherald.com/sports/fro ... 89702.html
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby nottsblue » Tue May 25, 2021 6:12 am

john@staustell wrote:So almost exactly 8 years from the start of this thread, I thought the Uruguayan article below sums up where we are quite nicely. I found it interesting to read the beginnning posts, which show the climate at the time, when every deal was seen as a way get to round Platini's rules.

I think we were all pretty short-sighted to be honest. Soriano's vision and is actually world domination!!

https://www.deccanherald.com/sports/fro ... 89702.html

Enjoyed that
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Tue May 25, 2021 9:42 am

john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum