The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years on

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 8-9 year

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun May 29, 2022 12:54 pm

johnny crossan wrote:What's occurring down the Etihad?
zooming out

A new live entertainment venue

https://www.cooplive.com/
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby johnny crossan » Sun May 29, 2022 1:08 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
zooming out

crumbs :o :o thanks for that - any news of our stadium expansion do you know?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john68 » Sun May 29, 2022 1:14 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
zooming out

I read somewhere that it is projected to make City around £50M pa.
Not a bad return if that comes off.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 29, 2022 1:57 pm

john68 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
zooming out

I read somewhere that it is projected to make City around £50M pa.
Not a bad return if that comes off.

Sounds like a rather nice little earner.
Couple of years before money starts rolling in?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm

Manchester City overtake Barcelona to become brand value runner-up, reporting highest revenue in world football

Manchester City FC (brand value up 19% to just over €1.3 billion) have pulled ahead of FC Barcelona (brand value up 5% to just under €1.3 billion) for the first time since 2015. This puts the Northern English powerhouse club in the runner-up position, an achievement correlated with recording the highest revenue in world football in 2021. Manchester City’s high revenue can be credited to their continued on-field performance in the 2022 campaign – winning the English Premier League and reaching the 2021 European Champions League Final and 2022 semi-final.

Brand Finance’s 2022 football fan research shows that the Manchester City brand has grown in both perceptions and following, scoring highly in metrics such as ‘the club is ambitious’ and ‘the club has a global following’.
https://brandirectory.com/rankings/football/table
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:17 am

We don't have any debt but Utd are above £600m now
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:32 am

johnny crossan wrote:We don't have any debt but Utd are above £600m now

£600M?
nottsblue

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:59 am

nottsblue wrote:

£600M?

sorry €600m
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-24068173
This is interesting too - but since it involves a cartel club is ignored by their client media.
https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/246 ... google.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby salford city » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:11 am

johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

£600M?

sorry €600m
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-24068173
This is interesting too - but since it involves a cartel club is ignored by their client media.
https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/246 ... google.com

Dubious financial sense - WTAF?!!! Not heard anything about this from Senor Tebas the fucking slug
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:46 am

The big question that follows is;
Can the Spanish Judicial system be trusted to properly investigate and then properly act in the Spanish courts, and will, if necessary, UEFA take the necessary actions to sanction Barca for any illegal financial; dealings that may have been done.

We have seen that the Spanish establishment can be very protective of their iconic sporting heroes and establishments. In fact we were given a very clear window to view the extremely protective nature of the Spanish authorities in the Dr Fuentes doping case.

1) In the Dr Fuentes case the judicial system held uo the case hearing for a number of years.
2) Because the supplying of performance enhancing drugs was not illegal in Spain at that time, he was tried only on a public health charge. (whether the site(s) of bood transfusions etc met the necessary sanitary conditions).
3) Dr Fuentes stated that his list of clients included not only cyclists but athletes, boxers and tennis players, amonst others and that he was willing to identify his clients. To the horror of global sports' governing bodies and the World Anti Doping Authiority, he was injucted by the Judge from doing so.
4) At the conclusion of the case WADA and several sports' governing bodies requested that blood bags used by those clients and held in storage by the Spanish judicial authorities be released to assist the indentification of Dr Fuented clients. This was refused by the judge, who ordered them to be destroyed.
5) Legal appeals against that decision were held up by the Spanish judicial system until the blood bags they held became of no use to identify any of those who were on Dr Fuentes list of drug and doping cheats.

So I don't hold my breath that even if Barca are guilty of illegal financial activities, they will ever be sanctioned by the Spanish authorities or football's governing bodies.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby salford city » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:39 am

john68 wrote:The big question that follows is;
Can the Spanish Judicial system be trusted to properly investigate and then properly act in the Spanish courts, and will, if necessary, UEFA take the necessary actions to sanction Barca for any illegal financial; dealings that may have been done.

We have seen that the Spanish establishment can be very protective of their iconic sporting heroes and establishments. In fact we were given a very clear window to view the extremely protective nature of the Spanish authorities in the Dr Fuentes doping case.

1) In the Dr Fuentes case the judicial system held uo the case hearing for a number of years.
2) Because the supplying of performance enhancing drugs was not illegal in Spain at that time, he was tried only on a public health charge. (whether the site(s) of bood transfusions etc met the necessary sanitary conditions).
3) Dr Fuentes stated that his list of clients included not only cyclists but athletes, boxers and tennis players, amonst others and that he was willing to identify his clients. To the horror of global sports' governing bodies and the World Anti Doping Authiority, he was injucted by the Judge from doing so.
4) At the conclusion of the case WADA and several sports' governing bodies requested that blood bags used by those clients and held in storage by the Spanish judicial authorities be released to assist the indentification of Dr Fuented clients. This was refused by the judge, who ordered them to be destroyed.
5) Legal appeals against that decision were held up by the Spanish judicial system until the blood bags they held became of no use to identify any of those who were on Dr Fuentes list of drug and doping cheats.

So I don't hold my breath that even if Barca are guilty of illegal financial activities, they will ever be sanctioned by the Spanish authorities or football's governing bodies.

Agree with the Spanish not wanting to go any further but surely UEFALONA will want to delve deeper. Like you, I won't hold my breath
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:29 am

The popular thought at the end of the Fuentes case on various sports' forums was that the Spanish were intent on protecting their iconic sports' stars and teams.
The Fuentes case seemed to show how far the Spanish authorities would go to do so.
john68

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:59 am

Just a reminder that US moneyball propaganda permeates everything produced in that country/business. This Forbes report is a celebration of these parasites' ability to suck all the value they can out of football clubs around the world. They call it 'investment' but it's just robbery.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozania ... 71868286be
Last edited by johnny crossan on Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:26 am

Anyone know when our Metaverse is scheduled to launch?
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:30 pm

this is interesting - didn't see it posted yet. palermo fc have a lot of history and would be a high profile acquisition. i remember watching them when we were linked with pastore before he moved to PSG.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... lermo.html

Manchester City's owners set to add an ELEVENTH team to their network 'as they close in on deal to purchase Italian side Palermo'... with the 'takeover to be wrapped up in the next few days'

Manchester City's owners are closing in on adding an eleventh team to their stable of clubs as they are reportedly days away from completing the takeover of Italian side Palermo.

Sky Sports Italia have reported that representatives from the City Football Group have flown to Milan for talks with Palermo's president Dario Mirri.

More talks are expected over the next few days and it's said that only the 'last set of paperwork and bureaucracy is left to be ironed out'.

City Football Group became interested in the idea of taking over Palermo back in April and meetings have taken place ever since.

The side which had three fifth-placed finishes in Serie A between 2006 and 2010 were automatically relegated to Serie D.

Just last week, they secured promotion back to Serie B via the play-offs, and potential new investment from the City Football Group would boost their chances of returning to the Serie A for the first time since 2017.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:18 pm

Yes I did see that. I thought we got involved with Hellas Verona some years ago but obviously that was one of those pseudo club relationship[s we've had.

Maybe Palermo is the right place for contacts regarding the elimination of The Fat Slug Tebas?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dimples » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:19 pm

5 of the traditional top 6 clubs are carrying a lot of debt: Spurs, Arsenal, MU and Liverpool (and Chelsea before the war in Ukraine).
Basically the clubs with the billionaire/USA ownership model.
Traditionally the most successful clubs, with the largest commercial revenues and fan bases are paying dividends to the owners while running up massive debt?
Yet Liverpool were just allowed smash their transfer record for Nunez (more debt?) and MU are allowed to let their infrastructure rot enabling dividends to be paid?

This is the model of choice? Sounds like a model for impending disaster to me.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:55 pm

Dimples wrote:5 of the traditional top 6 clubs are carrying a lot of debt: Spurs, Arsenal, MU and Liverpool (and Chelsea before the war in Ukraine).
Basically the clubs with the billionaire/USA ownership model.
Traditionally the most successful clubs, with the largest commercial revenues and fan bases are paying dividends to the owners while running up massive debt?
Yet Liverpool were just allowed smash their transfer record for Nunez (more debt?) and MU are allowed to let their infrastructure rot enabling dividends to be paid?

This is the model of choice? Sounds like a model for impending disaster to me.

It is but there will be some billionaire somewhere to buy out and they will get their money. The club will just put the debt onto the fans in terms of increased pricing. Of course long term it isn’t sustainable but not many owners are in it for the short term. And if at some point the club can’t pay its debts they will just take the hit and go into administration and recover in a season or two
nottsblue

Postby john68 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:26 pm

Let's not forget that the original idea behind the FFP system that Platini wanted and put forward was designed to sanction clubs with large debts.
The view was that they were gaining their success on borrowed money that was giving them an advantage over clubs who were better run financially
When the cartel clubs jumped on the idea, the debt issue was rejected by them.

Although Platini was subsequently found guilty of corruption, throughout my research of the activities of the old G14 group, I noted that he seemed a lone voice opposing them on many football matters.

Once he had been removed, the politically powerful clubs and their acolytes seem to have had free rein to do as they have wanted, most often in their own favour and at the expense of the game.
john68

Postby john68 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:33 pm

I know that their is a prohibition in England that an owner or company of owners cannot own more that one English league club. I understand that rule is to stop any match fixing should those clubs meet.

How does that affect City? What happens if any of our European clubs gained such success that they had to play each other or City in a European competitive game?

Anyone know?
john68

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum