The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Chinners wrote:Longest sabbatical ever JC .... ;)

:lol:
he was swiftly delivered what he was seeking for apparently.
You can't blame a man of many arts to get teathrical at times ;)

EDIT: is it only me or that link, which I am sure has much interest on offer, is not pingable at all?

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby Dameerto » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:14 pm

johnny crossan wrote:http://www.cityam.com/275402/manchester-city-report-record-revenues-gbp4734m-but-profit

curious outcome to record growth

The article on the BBC kind of explains it (a bit) - it's to do with City changing their financial year to end at the same time as the other clubs in the City Football group (June) and posting figures for a 13 month period - our chairman is quoted by the BBC as claiming that the one extra month (with no games being played) meant we reported just one tenth of the profits we would have done otherwise.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
User avatar
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Corrigan's Gloves
 
Posts: 16680
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:08 pm
Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:18 pm

Dameerto wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:http://www.cityam.com/275402/manchester-city-report-record-revenues-gbp4734m-but-profit

curious outcome to record growth

The article on the BBC kind of explains it (a bit) - it's to do with City changing their financial year to end at the same time as the other clubs in the City Football group (June) and posting figures for a 13 month period - our chairman is quoted by the BBC as claiming that the one extra month (with no games being played) meant we reported just one tenth of the profits we would have done otherwise.

so we made £10m + then
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby Chinners » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:27 pm

Ha ha ha .... genius!
Image
User avatar
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13737
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: The left/Right sac

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:20 pm

Chinners wrote:Ha ha ha .... genius!

Image
There certainly seem a lot of the financial variety at the club
even if they don't include the Chief Exec :D
Last edited by johnny crossan on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby littlebig » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:27 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Image


Like
User avatar
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby nottsblue » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:37 pm

http://bbc.in/2yKCC3Z

£10m. Good work.
nottsblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12094
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby aristation » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:15 pm

Amazon Prime ain't no Nationwide but if it goes well w should be paying them as it will help cement the place of the brand
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Henley-In-Arden, Warwickshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:50 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Chinners wrote:Ha ha ha .... genius!

Image
There certainly seem a lot of the financial variety at the club
even if they don't include the Chief Exec :D

;)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:52 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Chinners wrote:Ha ha ha .... genius!

Image
There certainly seem a lot of the financial variety at the club
even if they don't include the Chief Exec :D

;)
well... on second thought... if they can spot Lizzie Windsor.... nobody's safe

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:12 pm



Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:42 pm

johnny crossan wrote:



I suppose some cynical souls might suggest that it's no use holding large cash balances, if the quality of the players on the pitch leaves much to be desired.

I suppose that's why City are ruining football, whilst Whinger is a paragon of financial probity.......don't know where that leaves the Scum though ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7387
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:03 am

Image

I hope we use these stamps on all our post :D
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby Justified logic » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:23 am

How does the part sale to the Chinese fit into club profitabity and net ADUG investment?
Justified logic
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2639
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Playing in the hole
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:26 am

Justified logic wrote:How does the part sale to the Chinese fit into club profitabity and net ADUG investment?

I don't think the nationality of the City Group ownership is relevant is it?
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:51 am

Justified logic wrote:How does the part sale to the Chinese fit into club profitabity and net ADUG investment?

It opens the door to the Chinese market, properly opens with full party approval. I'm still guessing it's the only way we could have done business in China - and it's kind of in keeping with how we've conducted our overseas business so far, by using local partners (initially at least) for their knowledge and expertise.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
User avatar
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Corrigan's Gloves
 
Posts: 16680
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:08 pm
Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:54 am

Dameerto wrote:
Justified logic wrote:How does the part sale to the Chinese fit into club profitabity and net ADUG investment?

It opens the door to the Chinese market, properly opens with full party approval. I'm still guessing it's the only way we could have done business in China - and it's kind of in keeping with how we've conducted our overseas business so far, by using local partners (initially at least) for their knowledge and expertise.

but Chinese investment doesn't affect group profitability does it? More investment is usually associated with more growth and more profit.
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:56 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Justified logic wrote:How does the part sale to the Chinese fit into club profitabity and net ADUG investment?

It opens the door to the Chinese market, properly opens with full party approval. I'm still guessing it's the only way we could have done business in China - and it's kind of in keeping with how we've conducted our overseas business so far, by using local partners (initially at least) for their knowledge and expertise.

but Chinese investment doesn't affect group profitability does it? More investment is usually associated with more growth and more profit.

Well I guess more business could lead to more profitability (and it's a huge and increasingly enthusiastic market) - there was an immediate injection of funds too. I'm not a businessman though, so might have misread something.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
User avatar
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Corrigan's Gloves
 
Posts: 16680
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:08 pm
Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:09 am

Dameerto wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Justified logic wrote:How does the part sale to the Chinese fit into club profitabity and net ADUG investment?

It opens the door to the Chinese market, properly opens with full party approval. I'm still guessing it's the only way we could have done business in China - and it's kind of in keeping with how we've conducted our overseas business so far, by using local partners (initially at least) for their knowledge and expertise.

but Chinese investment doesn't affect group profitability does it? More investment is usually associated with more growth and more profit.

Well I guess more business could lead to more profitability (and it's a huge and increasingly enthusiastic market) - there was an immediate injection of funds too. I'm not a businessman though, so might have misread something.

sorry I should have said 'specifically' Chinese investment but the potential of the Chinese market is also additional positive factor, as you say, probably contingent on their investment..
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby Justified logic » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:13 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:How does the part sale to the Chinese fit into club profitabity and net ADUG investment?

I don't think the nationality of the City Group ownership is relevant is it?

Not in the slightest, and I don't know why you think it should be.

I was merely wondering how the cash injection appeared in our accounts. Did it for instance boost income or reduce the net capital investment?
Justified logic
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2639
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Playing in the hole
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], edge275, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo Slurp [Bot] and 32 guests