The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years on

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby Alex Sapphire » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:50 pm

ruralblue wrote:So now I will be doing my banking in Cambodia and getting all my legal advice from shrilanka I just hope city continue to take sponsorship off the people who make my sewing machine to allow me to take up the length on my Joe blog jeans while supping my John smiths!

you might want to omit the highlighted bit from your Match.com profile
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:34 am

Not sure how this affects the mother club (cos they never tell us) but Etihad are now sponsoring Melbourne City - inevitable:

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/manc ... edium=feed

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/soccer/ ... zsz9p.html
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:45 pm

One closer to home, Thomson Sport

http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/articl ... mson+sport

Travel provider Thomson Sport has signed a three-year deal with Premier League champions, Manchester City FC, becoming the club’s official supplier of supporter travel.

Under the terms of the relationship, Thomson Sport will provide Manchester City fans with official Match Break packages for all matches at the Etihad Stadium and a range of travel packages for European away matches.

Nathan Wilson, Sales and Marketing Director for TUI Event Group, said, “This is a fantastic deal for the division and the Thomson Sport Travel brand.

“Manchester City Football Club is innovative and success driven - attributes that we at TUI Travel consider to be key drivers for our business growth. We are very excited about the potential and looking forward to delivering exceptional travel experiences for the club’s supporters”.

Danny Wilson, Director of Sales, Service & Operations for Manchester City, commented, “As the Club’s profile continues to grow in new markets around the world, it was important to work with a company that has a robust global network of connections.

“Through teaming up with Thomson Sport, we can ensure our supporters will be provided with the best possible service, whether following the team at home or abroad."
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:34 am

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2014/July/Nissan-announcement
Manchester City is delighted to report that Nissan has today become the Club’s Official Automotive Sponsor in a major new deal.

The partnership will see the Japanese automotive giant enjoy a strong brand presence at the Etihad Stadium and on digital platforms, together with the launch of a number of fan engagement opportunities targeting City supporters in Manchester and around the world. The deal will see Nissan electric vehicles being used in and around the City Football Academy which is due to be opened later this year.

Furthermore, the Nissan logo will feature on the back of the Manchester City Women’s shirt as they become Official Lead Partner of the Women’s team.

The five year deal, which is the most significant of its type in the Premier League, was announced today at Nissan’s global headquarters in Yokohama, Japan.
The event, which was attended by the Chief Executive Officers of both organisations - Ferran Soriano and Carlos Ghosn - included news of a ground-breaking wider global partnership with City Football Group, whose clubs also include Manchester City Women, New York City Football Club and Melbourne City.

This unique partnership follows the agreement with Nissan announced in May this year, which saw City Football Group assume a minority stake in the Nissan-owned Yokohama F• Marinos who play in Japan’s J-League.

Speaking of the deal, Chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak, said:

“We are delighted to be working with Nissan as CFG’s first group-wide global partner. Nissan is a leader in innovation and sustainability; values which are also at the heart of our own organisation."

Click here to read the full press release.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:11 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2014/July/Nissan-announcement
Manchester City is delighted to report that Nissan has today become the Club’s Official Automotive Sponsor in a major new deal.

The partnership will see the Japanese automotive giant enjoy a strong brand presence at the Etihad Stadium and on digital platforms, together with the launch of a number of fan engagement opportunities targeting City supporters in Manchester and around the world. The deal will see Nissan electric vehicles being used in and around the City Football Academy which is due to be opened later this year.

Furthermore, the Nissan logo will feature on the back of the Manchester City Women’s shirt as they become Official Lead Partner of the Women’s team.

The five year deal, which is the most significant of its type in the Premier League, was announced today at Nissan’s global headquarters in Yokohama, Japan.
The event, which was attended by the Chief Executive Officers of both organisations - Ferran Soriano and Carlos Ghosn - included news of a ground-breaking wider global partnership with City Football Group, whose clubs also include Manchester City Women, New York City Football Club and Melbourne City.

This unique partnership follows the agreement with Nissan announced in May this year, which saw City Football Group assume a minority stake in the Nissan-owned Yokohama F• Marinos who play in Japan’s J-League.

“We are delighted to be working with Nissan as CFG’s first group-wide global partner. Nissan is a leader in innovation and sustainability; values which are also at the heart of our own organisation."

numbers will be interesting here

especially as they are paying uefa a reported £45m a season to be one of the chumps league sponsors
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26909719
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:38 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2014/July/Nissan-announcement

numbers will be interesting here

especially as they are paying uefa a reported £45m a season to be one of the chumps league sponsors
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26909719

Now we start to see why we bought the 20% stake in Yokohama Marinos.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby lovecity8utd » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:30 pm

Lovely news. Wonder if another major deal is in the offing with the Nissan logo featuring on mcfcw shirt and not mcfc?
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:32 pm

Bubbly - emerging Asian markets!

http://www.theuksportsnetwork.com/citys ... ng-service

Barclays Premier League Champions, Manchester City, have expanded their global social media presence by joining the leading voice messaging service, Bubbly.

With over forty million subscribers around the world, Bubbly allows users to create their own 90 second voice blog, or listen to voice recordings from a host of celebrities from the world of film, sports, comedy and music.

Users can also add a photograph with 140 characters of text, and share their favourite posts with their Facebook friends and Twitter followers.

Based in Singapore and designed primarily to cater for the 4 billion consumers in emerging Asian markets that still use feature phones, the service has seen rapid growth since its launch in 2011.

As part of the new Manchester City Bubbly account, the Club will release exclusive voice recordings from City stars such as Sergio Aguero, Joe Hart, Vincent Kompany and Samir Nasri.

Players will also record interviews in their native languages, including French, German, Portuguese, Spanish and Serbo-Croatian in order to engage with City’s multi-lingual global fan base.

From post-match interviews to Club features, the voice messages will give fans an insight into what goes on behind the scenes at their favourite club.

Commenting on the new Bubbly account, Diego Gigliani, Director of Marketing, Media and Fan Development for Manchester City, said:

“As the Club continues to attract fans from across the world and our global community grows, we will constantly seek out new and engaging ways to connect with supporters, particularly through the use of popular social media platforms, like Bubbly.

“Whether it’s through pre and post-match interviews on the pitch, or getting to know their favorite players off it, Bubbly will enable the Club to have more frequent, short-form touch-points with our fans across the world, bringing them closer to the club and helping to build deeper relationships.”

This sentiment was shared by Bubbly CEO, Thomas Clayton, who added:

“We’re ecstatic that Manchester City has chosen to connect with their fans using their real voices on Bubbly. With the new season just around the corner, it’s a fun time to check out what these guys have to say about what’s ahead.”

Manchester City fans and followers, can access exclusive content online by visiting www.bubbly.net/MCFC, by downloading the Bubbly app on their smart phones, or by using the access codes for their feature phones.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:06 pm

john@staustell wrote:Bubbly - emerging Asian markets!

http://www.theuksportsnetwork.com/citys ... ng-service

Barclays Premier League Champions, Manchester City, have expanded their global social media presence by joining the leading voice messaging service, Bubbly.

With over forty million subscribers around the world, Bubbly allows users to create their own 90 second voice blog, or listen to voice recordings from a host of celebrities from the world of film, sports, comedy and music.

Users can also add a photograph with 140 characters of text, and share their favourite posts with their Facebook friends and Twitter followers.

Based in Singapore and designed primarily to cater for the 4 billion consumers in emerging Asian markets that still use feature phones, the service has seen rapid growth since its launch in 2011.

As part of the new Manchester City Bubbly account, the Club will release exclusive voice recordings from City stars such as Sergio Aguero, Joe Hart, Vincent Kompany and Samir Nasri.

Players will also record interviews in their native languages, including French, German, Portuguese, Spanish and Serbo-Croatian in order to engage with City’s multi-lingual global fan base.

From post-match interviews to Club features, the voice messages will give fans an insight into what goes on behind the scenes at their favourite club.

Commenting on the new Bubbly account, Diego Gigliani, Director of Marketing, Media and Fan Development for Manchester City, said:

“As the Club continues to attract fans from across the world and our global community grows, we will constantly seek out new and engaging ways to connect with supporters, particularly through the use of popular social media platforms, like Bubbly.

“Whether it’s through pre and post-match interviews on the pitch, or getting to know their favorite players off it, Bubbly will enable the Club to have more frequent, short-form touch-points with our fans across the world, bringing them closer to the club and helping to build deeper relationships.”

This sentiment was shared by Bubbly CEO, Thomas Clayton, who added:

“We’re ecstatic that Manchester City has chosen to connect with their fans using their real voices on Bubbly. With the new season just around the corner, it’s a fun time to check out what these guys have to say about what’s ahead.”

Manchester City fans and followers, can access exclusive content online by visiting http://www.bubbly.net/MCFC, by downloading the Bubbly app on their smart phones, or by using the access codes for their feature phones.”

we should have a bubbly feature on here

imagine, 90 seconds with Ted Hughes

(85 more than his wife gets!)
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:19 pm

Or Carl with his caps-lock rants. Might have to turn the sound down a bit for that though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby gillie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Dameerto wrote:Or Carl with his caps-lock rants. Might have to turn the sound down a bit for that though.

You would need more like ninety minutes for John 68 and then he would have only just started:)
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:00 am

Beer in South Africa. Next club South Africa or China I wonder?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... nouncement

The Club are delighted to announce a new partnership with Hansa Pilsener.

The new three year deal will see the iconic South African beer brand, which has been refreshing and inspiring the country for decades, become Manchester City’s Official Beer Partner in South Africa.

Dating back to 1975 when it was first launched in South Africa as a light alternative to lager, Hansa is now one of the leading beers in the country and has previously been voted as the most popular beer in South Africa in a Sunday Times survey.

As part of the partnership, the brand will also be given the rights to produce television adverts with several of City’s star players, in addition to featuring the Club’s crest and player imagery in marketing campaigns throughout the region.

In-line with Hansa’s brand vision to inspire people in achieving their dreams, the unique partnership will enable South African fans to watch Manuel Pellegrini’s men in action at the Etihad Stadium through money-can’t-buy experiences.

Commenting on the partnership, Chief Business Officer for Manchester City, Tom Glick, said:

“Hansa has a special relationship with South African City fans and has been part of their match-day experience in pubs and supporters clubs across the country for many years. Their brand vision to inspire people to achieve their dreams, make them the perfect fit for Manchester City, and we are looking forward to helping them to achieve this goal.”

“Having visited South Africa twice on pre-season tours in the last six years, the country’s passion and love of the game is clear for all to see. We have always enjoyed great support from fans in the region and through this partnership; both organisations will now be able to deliver a more exciting football experience for City supporters and Hansa customers alike.”

Khensani Nobanda, Hansa Pilsener General Manager for Hansa, added:

“Hansa is a beer brewed for dreamers who never forget where they come from regardless of what they achieve. Manchester City is a club that embodies this belief as it remains firmly rooted in its community while soaring to new heights. Giving ordinary South Africans the opportunity to see this inspiring team play live is a dream come true for Hansa.

“We are excited to support local fans’ dreams of seeing their heroes have a go at another dream season. Winning the 2013/14 Premier League trophy was a glorious moment for Manchester City fans in South Africa and around the world. As official beer partner of Manchester City in South Africa, we know that your fans will be keeping the dream alive and standing behind you as you work towards defending your title in the upcoming season.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:34 am

john@staustell wrote:Beer in South Africa. Next club South Africa or China I wonder?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... nouncement

The Club are delighted to announce a new partnership with Hansa Pilsener.

The new three year deal will see the iconic South African beer brand, which has been refreshing and inspiring the country for decades, become Manchester City’s Official Beer Partner in South Africa.

Dating back to 1975 when it was first launched in South Africa as a light alternative to lager, Hansa is now one of the leading beers in the country and has previously been voted as the most popular beer in South Africa in a Sunday Times survey.

As part of the partnership, the brand will also be given the rights to produce television adverts with several of City’s star players, in addition to featuring the Club’s crest and player imagery in marketing campaigns throughout the region.

In-line with Hansa’s brand vision to inspire people in achieving their dreams, the unique partnership will enable South African fans to watch Manuel Pellegrini’s men in action at the Etihad Stadium through money-can’t-buy experiences.

Commenting on the partnership, Chief Business Officer for Manchester City, Tom Glick, said:

“Hansa has a special relationship with South African City fans and has been part of their match-day experience in pubs and supporters clubs across the country for many years. Their brand vision to inspire people to achieve their dreams, make them the perfect fit for Manchester City, and we are looking forward to helping them to achieve this goal.”

“Having visited South Africa twice on pre-season tours in the last six years, the country’s passion and love of the game is clear for all to see. We have always enjoyed great support from fans in the region and through this partnership; both organisations will now be able to deliver a more exciting football experience for City supporters and Hansa customers alike.”

Khensani Nobanda, Hansa Pilsener General Manager for Hansa, added:

Hansa is a beer brewed for dreamers who never forget where they come from regardless of what they achieve. Manchester City is a club that embodies this belief as it remains firmly rooted in its community while soaring to new heights. Giving ordinary South Africans the opportunity to see this inspiring team play live is a dream come true for Hansa.

“We are excited to support local fans’ dreams of seeing their heroes have a go at another dream season. Winning the 2013/14 Premier League trophy was a glorious moment for Manchester City fans in South Africa and around the world. As official beer partner of Manchester City in South Africa, we know that your fans will be keeping the dream alive and standing behind you as you work towards defending your title in the upcoming season
.”

the quotes in this article are vomit inducing
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:43 am

It sounds as though the General Manager has been sampling his own product a little too much.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:04 pm

I think they brew it with smack, and that guy doubles as the chief taster.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:30 am

And now Venky land. Loads of fans apparently:

http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwes ... arket.html

MANCHESTER City's ever-expanding international commercial arm is exploring opportunities in India, as the popularity of Premier League football continues to grow on the Sub-Continent.Tom Glick, who as City's chief business officer, has overseen major commercial revenue growth over the last three years, said the club has dedicated a business development executive to India, who is building relationships and making contacts there already.Manchester City, and its parent City Football Group, is building an international presence.....

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/i ... llowing-in

Tom Glick, Manchester City’s chief commercial and operating officer believes that India is a growing market for football fans with almost every Premier League game being broadcast in the country.

“The strength of having football and Manchester being associated is an opportunity to tell a story. There is currently an association and this will only increase. We have two of the world’s top five football clubs in terms of revenue and brand.

“Football is more than a game it is a global language. And this is not just true in Manchester, it is in India,” he said at a summit in Manchester on Thursday.

Glick highlighted on how Manchester City have begun to enjoy a healthy fan base in India.

“My colleague was in India for the World Cup and tells me of the buzz in the country. In addition, TV in India is putting nearly every game on of the Premier League.

“One million unique people are following Manchester City on Facebook in India and nearly 100,000 are on Twitter,” he mentioned.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:49 am

Malaysia, QNET:

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v7/bu/ne ... id=1059939

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 13 (Bernama) -- QNET, an Asian direct selling company, has signed a three-year partnership with 2013/2014 Barclays Premier League champions, Manchester City.

The deal is to be the official direct selling partner of the club with the sponsorship set to kick-off several branding benefits and corporate social responsibility (CSR) partnerships.

QNET is an international direct selling subsidiary of QI Group of Companies helmed by Malaysian entrepreneur, Datuk Seri Vijay Eswaran.

In a statement, he said the venture will provide another strategic platform for QNET to further elevate its brand and achieve greater reach for its independent representatives and consumers worldwide.

"We are absolutely thrilled with this partnership with Manchester City. Indeed, this is a timely and significant relationship between two brands, which are keen in taking on any challenges for the taste of success.

"The partnership that we have with the club goes beyond branding benefits, as we work closely together in many initiatives, including CSR activities through our RYTHM Foundation and lifting football standards in Asia through coaching clinics and training opportunities," he added.

Vijay said the company was excited with the partnership as they (Manchester City) have a remarkable history in English football and the club's spirit will be reflected in QNET's endeavor for success.

Among the benefits QNET stands to gain, includes, a strong brand presence at the Etihad Stadium and on digital platforms, as well as the launch of several fan engagement opportunities targeting City supporters globally.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:23 am

john@staustell wrote:Malaysia, QNET:

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 13 (Bernama) -- QNET, an Asian direct selling company, has signed a three-year partnership with 2013/2014 Barclays Premier League champions, Manchester City.

The deal is to be the official direct selling partner of the club with the sponsorship set to kick-off several branding benefits and corporate social responsibility (CSR) partnerships.

QNET is an international direct selling subsidiary of QI Group of Companies helmed by Malaysian entrepreneur, Datuk Seri Vijay Eswaran.

In a statement, he said the venture will provide another strategic platform for QNET to further elevate its brand and achieve greater reach for its independent representatives and consumers worldwide.

"We are absolutely thrilled with this partnership with Manchester City. Indeed, this is a timely and significant relationship between two brands, which are keen in taking on any challenges for the taste of success.

"The partnership that we have with the club goes beyond branding benefits, as we work closely together in many initiatives, including CSR activities through our RYTHM Foundation and lifting football standards in Asia through coaching clinics and training opportunities," he added.

Vijay said the company was excited with the partnership as they (Manchester City) have a remarkable history in English football and the club's spirit will be reflected in QNET's endeavor for success.

Among the benefits QNET stands to gain, includes, a strong brand presence at the Etihad Stadium and on digital platforms, as well as the launch of several fan engagement opportunities targeting City supporters globally.

Wow, that's a terrific name that this Malaysian entrepreneur has got :- Datuk Seri Vijay Eswaran......he sounds like an intrepid star-traveller from a Sci-Fi film and it just rolls off the tongue in a lyrical and flowing manner. Absolutely wonderful.

Mind you, all his chums probably just refer to him as DSVJ or some other shortened derivative.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:32 am

john@staustell wrote:Malaysia, QNET:

Does everyone share my excitement about the fan engagement opportunities targeting City supporters globally?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:37 pm

TM Lewin shirts

http://diarydirectory.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... -with.html

British shirtmaker and tailor T.M.Lewin has been announced as the new Official Formal Wear Partner for Barclays Premier League Champions, Manchester City FC. The two year deal will see the brand provide the official team suits, shirts and ties for the team. Players including the likes of Vincent Kompany, David Silva, Samir Nasri and Edin Dzeko will wear the bespoke suits while traveling to UEFA Champions League games across Europe, and Cup Finals throughout the season. In the 1950s inspired photo pictured above, new talent Sergio Aguero, Fernando, Jesus Navas and Gael Clichy can be seen in their new T.M.Lewin 'Perry' Suits. As part of the 'Suited and Booted' social media campaign T.M.Lewin is encouraging the fans and customers to show off their sartorial style and football skills. Entrants are being asked to upload images or videos of themselves showing off their enviable football skills on Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #tmlewin until 13 September, for the chance to win a luxury weekend away for themselves and and three friends worth up to £2,000, plus four suits from the newly launched T.M.Lewin AW14 range
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum