The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years on

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:05 am

Here you. 50p from every lottery ticket in China for City?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... nouncement?

City have announced a ground-breaking new partnership with DJI Holdings, one of the leading providers of regulated lottery products in China.

The partnership, which enables DJI to leverage a range of Club-related rights in China, will offer DJI’s lottery players a quality of content previously unseen, with access to exclusive information about Manchester City FC.

By supplying tailored content and bringing lottery players one step closer to life at the Club, DJI’s rapidly expanding customer base will be able to make informed decisions when playing the Sports Lottery in China.

In addition, lottery players will, for the first time, be able to take advantage of ‘money can’t buy’ offers, including flights to see Manchester City play and access to private Club events.

The partnership will give the Club access to a huge customer base in China, and an opportunity further to grow its strong following and commercial footprint across the region

Tom Glick, Chief Business Officer for Manchester City, said:

“We are extremely excited about our partnership with DJI. China is a huge and growing consumer market. DJI is a pioneer in providing exclusive and unique content and games for its players in China.

“As we expand our commercial partners across the globe, we want to work with partners, like DJI, who are established and well-connected in their market, but also looking for innovative ways to activate our partnership. We believe this will be an excellent fit for both of our brands.”

Darren Mercer, Chief Executive of DJI Holdings plc, said:

“This is an exciting partnership of two industry leaders. DJI is committed to introducing new and exclusive content to its large customer base in China and working with Manchester City is a major step forward in delivering that promise.”
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:18 am

Is there any way of establishing how much of our commercial revenue comes from outside Abu Dhabi?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:59 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Is there any way of establishing how much of our commercial revenue comes from outside Abu Dhabi?

Cant be bothered to dig that deep into annual reports mate, but I'm sure it's in their somewhere. Rising too, hopefully.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:04 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Is there any way of establishing how much of our commercial revenue comes from outside Abu Dhabi?

Cant be bothered to dig that deep into annual reports mate, but I'm sure it's in their somewhere. Rising too, hopefully.

I take it that it's possible to find out by looking through annual reports then? I just want to have my facts straight when I get the usual tripe from Rags saying that all our sponsorship is dodgy.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:34 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

I take it that it's possible to find out by looking through annual reports then? I just want to have my facts straight when I get the usual tripe from Rags saying that all our sponsorship is dodgy.

Just make stuff up, but deliver your 'facts' with confidence. They won't know.
Furthermore you can then amuse yourself by seeing what the most fantastic lie is you get them to believe. Hours of fun.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:36 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Furthermore you can then amuse yourself by seeing what the most fantastic lie is you get them to believe. Hours of fun.

I do remember a real one - from the report summary. We are the most mentioned club on social media in China - in the world.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Hahaha, I'll give it a go.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:39 pm

Anyway by the look of it all those Chinese lottery winners will be flying over on Etihad flights to populate our new extension - the one after this one! Then Etihad can up our sponsorship again in return.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby blues2win » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:50 pm

Even UEFA said there is no special investigation into satellite club relations with the parent contrary to Press reports. We only made 6 million loss last year, stripping out the fine. This year I have no doubt we're into substantial profit. A couple of years more and we'll be a cash generating machine and UEFA, Platini and FFP can fuck off.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:00 pm

blues2win wrote:Even UEFA said there is no special investigation into satellite club relations with the parent contrary to Press reports. We only made 6 million loss last year, stripping out the fine. This year I have no doubt we're into substantial profit. A couple of years more and we'll be a cash generating machine and UEFA, Platini and FFP can fuck off.

You'll never get a job at the Daily Fail.

But Soriano did say we'd be in profit this year. I want to win the Champions League just to get even more revenue and stick it right if Uefa's wotsit, sanctions and all!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:32 pm

john@staustell wrote:
blues2win wrote:Even UEFA said there is no special investigation into satellite club relations with the parent contrary to Press reports. We only made 6 million loss last year, stripping out the fine. This year I have no doubt we're into substantial profit. A couple of years more and we'll be a cash generating machine and UEFA, Platini and FFP can fuck off.

You'll never get a job at the Daily Fail.

But Soriano did say we'd be in profit this year. I want to win the Champions League just to get even more revenue and stick it right if Uefa's wotsit, sanctions and all!

That seems to be an eminently reasonable desire.

I hope this wish comes true very soon.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby thegingerwig » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:42 pm

Was surprised when I read that DJI are a Knutsford based company!
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... gs-7335519
thegingerwig
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:07 pm

thegingerwig wrote:Was surprised when I read that DJI are a Knutsford based company!
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... gs-7335519

Amazed 'Cheshire Today' weren't all over this story.

They are slacking.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:52 pm

john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:20 pm

Striking at the core of rags' support.

Singapore City next.

That will kill them.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:51 am

Today we have a tie up with FX Primus AND the 'FX Primus Cup'

https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2 ... h-FXPrimus

Barclays Premier League Champions, Manchester City FC have announced a three and half year global partnership with leading online forex trading firm FXPrimus.

FXPrimus will become the Club's Official Online Forex Trading Partner.

The first major activation of the partnership will be at the Club’s winter training camp in Abu Dhabi next week, where Manchester City will compete with Hamburg SV of the Bundesliga for the FXPrimus Cup on 21 January in Al Ain.

FXPrimus will be the Official Partner of Manchester City FC’s January 2015 UAE Tour.

The wide-ranging agreement will see FXPrimus acquire extensive marketing and promotional rights including presence across the Club’s digital channels.

FXPrimus will also be a regular presence at the Etihad Stadium, with hospitality at all home games.

Tom Glick, Chief Business Officer of Manchester City FC, said: “We are delighted to have partnered with FXPrimus and are really looking forward to working with them on a range of activations.

"It's always very special when the team visits the United Arab Emirates, so we're particularly looking forward to kicking off our relationship by playing the FXPrimus Cup in front of our fans.”

Terry Thompson, COO of FXPrimus echoed these sentiments: “FXPrimus and Manchester City FC are both leaders in their respective fields.

"We are extremely proud to be partnering with the Club to assist in our ambitious global growth plans. We are excited to be working closely with the Club to activate the partnership.

“In analysing a potential relationship with Manchester City FC, we discovered many of our clients are also football fans, so it gives us great pleasure to bring them this sponsorship. We intend on offering many interactive ways for our clients to participate in this partnership, because ultimately this is for them.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:22 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Striking at the core of rags' support.

Singapore City next.

That will kill them.

It certainly will when they sing their first chorus of "Fuck off back to London, this city is ours."
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:59 am

Melbourne City have now also announced a deal with FX Primus

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Glo ... -City.aspx

A-League side Melbourne City FC has secured a three-and-a-half year deal with online forex trading firm FXPRIMUS. FXPRIMUS will become Melbourne City’s official online forex trading partner. The announcement follows Man City's global partnership deal with FXPRIMUS. The timing of the ..

(subscription needed)
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:28 am

Hmm.

The words 'Commercial Bank of Kuwait' & 'Manchester City FC' seem to be cropping up together here. Have we done this one ?

http://news.kuwaittimes.net/tijari-prom ... -campaign/

KUWAIT: The Commercial Bank of Kuwait (CBK) recently announced its presence at the Australian College of Kuwait (ACK) to promote its campaign of ‘Become part of the game with @Tijari & Manchester City FC’ that is dedicated for @Tijari account holders. The campaign was launched in the beginning of the year in a bid to achieve soccer lovers’ dreams through giving four lucky winners a once in a lifetime opportunity to attend the Manchester City vs.

Aston Villa match, part of the English Premier League, on 25 April 2015 and present the ball to both teams’ captains before kick-off. The package also includes VIP seating in the Directors’ Box on the halfway line, a five star dinner with directors of both teams in the Chairman’s Club, introduction to former players, a Pre-match guided tour of the Etihad Stadium and a VIP visit to the Manchester United museum.

To qualify for the draw due to be held April 5th, 2015, @Tijari account holders will get a chance to win per each KD 10 they spend using the specially-designed account ATM card in the period of January 4th till March 31st, 2015. New account holders will also get one extra chance on opening the account. The offer highly appealed to ACK students who gathered in and around CBK’s booth during the campaign, where the bank had set special ‘Selfi’ cameras and students took many with CBK and Manchester’s logos.

Notably, @Tijari account for youth aging 15-21 can be only opened with KD 10 in a bid to help them realize tier dreams. In addition, CBK gives university students a KD 50 gift on transferring their monthly social allowances to it

Dunno if the rag bit is just the usual journo thing coming through.
Last edited by Ted Hughes on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:31 am

Oh & we're apparently talking to some geezers about a partnership buying/ taking over a club in Korea. (CFG that is).

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum