The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years on

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:01 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Oh & we're apparently talking to some geezers about a partnership buying/ taking over a club in Korea. (CFG that is).

This looks like a goer, Ted. Interesting times ahead.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:08 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Oh & we're apparently talking to some geezers about a partnership buying/ taking over a club in Korea. (CFG that is).

North or South?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mr_nool » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:11 am

Wonderwall wrote:

North or South?

Chuckle!

it has to be South, though. I think they're more "United" in the North.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:12 am

mr_nool wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

North or South?

Chuckle!

it has to be South, though. I think they're more "United" in the North.

we have to be careful, we dont want to pick the jong un.
Wonderwall

Postby john@staustell » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:37 am

It has to be North. See what Platini thinks about that.

And imagine the groth potential when they finally kick off the madmen!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:04 pm

I hope it's a team from the Capital they re-name it "Seoul City" :-)

Do we know the name of the team yet?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:25 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Don't think we're that far down the line yet.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:02 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Maybe Koreanation Street could be one of the CFA roads
Wonderwall

Postby mr_nool » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:15 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Maybe Koreanation Street could be one of the CFA roads

You should apply to replace Richard Osman as the Pointless sidekick.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:40 pm

the hot dogs could be interesting next season...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:44 am

Not a direct financial gain but a boost of USA presence:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... nouncement?

Manchester City FC are delighted to announce a ground-breaking five-year partnership with Surf Soccer Club.

The deal is the first of its kind for a Barclays Premier League Club in the US and will see the Manchester City FC Americas Cup presented by Surf Cup Sports hosted in San Diego California during May of 2015. The tournament, aimed at 10 to 17 year olds, will be the key activation of the partnership.

As part of the agreement, City will deliver coaching programmes to children, teaching them the same coaching methodology and principles used by City’s first team.

In addition to the playing programmes, Surf Soccer Club coaches will also benefit from the delivery of detailed coaching workshops, as well as having the opportunity to visit and train at Manchester City FC’s new HQ, City Football Academy.

City Football Services, which brokered the deal and is responsible for City’s football know-how, will work with Surf Soccer to create an affiliate club coaching programme, which will see both Manchester City and Surf Soccer work to develop players and coaches from affiliated youth clubs throughout the term of partnership.

Brian Marwood, Managing Director for City Football Services, said:

“We are delighted to partner with Surf Soccer. Our partnership will provide a fantastic opportunity for young players to develop as footballers and to connect with our team in Manchester. We look forward to working with Surf Soccer as we develop a number of projects together both in the United States and Manchester.”

“Surf Soccer represents the highest level of youth soccer competition in the United States with the goal of producing the next generation of national team players,” said Jeremy McDonald, President of the San Diego Surf Soccer Club. “By forming this strategic partnership with Manchester City FC, we can grow the Surf brand nationally and help Manchester City to develop their presence in the United States.”

In the spirit of collaboration and the partnership, both clubs plan to send teams to each other’s homes in the coming years to help build an even stronger relationship between Manchester City and Surf Soccer.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:51 am

Good news, meanwhile the scousers are unhappy that their sponsorship deal with Dunkin Donuts as smeared their badge

Wonderwall

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:54 am

Wonderwall wrote:Good news, meanwhile the scousers are unhappy that their sponsorship deal with Dunkin Donuts as smeared their badge

It has smeared the name of Dunkin Donuts!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:29 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Good news, meanwhile the scousers are unhappy that their sponsorship deal with Dunkin Donuts as smeared their badge

It has smeared the name of Dunkin Donuts!

Mmmmm.....candlicious. I'll have a Chocolate Cream-filled. I'm sure others like the cream-filled, amirite?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:26 pm

Just to cheer us up, the Botswana fuels and lubricants market is now cornered.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 75643.html

Manchester City have announced Vivo Energy as the club’s official fuels and lubricants partner in Botswana.

The deal is the latest of many bizarre partnerships struck between English clubs and companies in emerging markets.

The Eastlands club, who can already boast forex trading and digital sticker partners, have extended their relationship with Vivo Energy following an earlier partnership in the Ivory Coast.

Omar Berrada, the club’s commercial director, said: “We are confident we can work together to continue to provide great experiences for their customers, whilst building our presence in key markets.”

The announcement comes in the same week that club captain Vincent Kompany criticised UEFA’s Financial Fair Play regulations for protecting the “established order” in European football.

Under the regulations, deals such as that struck today are becoming an important source of bona fide income for the club.

Manchester City are by no means the only Premier League side to expand their commercial portfolio in foreign climes.

Their rivals at the top of the table have formed similar partnerships with tyre manufacturers and telecoms companies over the past few years
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:21 pm

john@staustell wrote:Just to cheer us up, the Botswana fuels and lubricants market is now cornered.

Manchester City have announced Vivo Energy as the club’s official fuels and lubricants partner in Botswana.

The deal is the latest of many bizarre partnerships struck between English clubs and companies in emerging markets.

The Eastlands club, who can already boast forex trading and digital sticker partners, have extended their relationship with Vivo Energy following an earlier partnership in the Ivory Coast.

Omar Berrada, the club’s commercial director, said: “We are confident we can work together to continue to provide great experiences for their customers, whilst building our presence in key markets.”

The announcement comes in the same week that club captain Vincent Kompany criticised UEFA’s Financial Fair Play regulations for protecting the “established order” in European football.

Under the regulations, deals such as that struck today are becoming an important source of bona fide income for the club.

Manchester City are by no means the only Premier League side to expand their commercial portfolio in foreign climes.

Their rivals at the top of the table have formed similar partnerships with tyre manufacturers and telecoms companies over the past few years

Thanks for posting that John.

However, although I've tried hard to work up a bit of enthusiasm for it, it all seems a little bit academic and distant, given our ongoing troubles on the pitch.

Apologies old chum.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:31 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Just to cheer us up, the Botswana fuels and lubricants market is now cornered.

However, although I've tried hard to work up a bit of enthusiasm for it, it all seems a little bit academic and distant, given our ongoing troubles on the pitch.

Apologies old chum.

Whoooo-fukkken-ooooooosch.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:39 pm

Is it ever disclosed how much all these actually bring in?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:44 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Apologies old chum.

Whoooo-fukkken-ooooooosch.

Cheers

Didn't realise you were fluent in the Botswana tongue Doomie.

You somehow never fail to amaze.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby sheblue » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:50 pm

Next time I am in Botswana again I must fill up with that petrol they make.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum