The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years on

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:57 am

Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Since 2004, Mikey has designed winners watches for teams including Liverpool, .

Hahahaha

Very few, presumably!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:03 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Since 2004, Mikey has designed winners watches for teams including Liverpool, .

Hahahaha

Very few, presumably!

Extremely limited edition
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:42 pm

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dazby » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:27 pm

john@staustell wrote:https://www.sportbusiness.com/sport-news/avatrade-steps-backing-manchester-city

Foreign exchange and CFD broker AvaTrade has upgraded its association with Manchester City by becoming a global partner of the English Premier League football club.
The new multi-year deal names AvaTrade as City’s global official online trading partner. Today’s (Tuesday’s) announcement comes after AvaTrade in February agreed a deal to become City’s online trading partner in China, Asia and Latin America.
As part of the new deal, AvaTrade will offer customers and business partners exclusive City-related promotions, prizes and VIP trips to the club’s Etihad Stadium.
AvaTrade chief executive Dáire Ferguson said: “As one of the most regulated and trusted brokers in the industry, AvaTrade's global partnership with Manchester City is an important step towards making trading accessible for everyone all over the planet.
"It’s vital that every single football fan and investor worldwide will know that there is no limit to what they can achieve if they set their minds to it. We provide our clients with the best possible technology, tools, systems and training; and they, in turn, have the ability to turn this knowledge into financial success on our trading platforms.”
AvaTrade is headquartered in Dublin and has 16 offices worldwide.

I made four phone calls over a two day period to join these guys and no one answered. Slack.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:17 am

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:10 am

2 minutes 20 seconds in

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:16 am

Sure thing! Nice to have some sponsors in UK and US not the far east for a change:

https://www.mancity.com/news/club-news/ ... artnership

Premier League champions Manchester City today announced a global multi-year partnership with Rexona to become the Club’s Official Personal Care Partner.

Rexona, which operates as Sure in the United Kingdom and Degree in the United States, will also partner with City’s sister club New York City FC.

Rexona was founded in Australia in 1908 and is now the world’s leading anti-perspirant brand, having joined the Unilever family in the 1930s. This new partnership builds on the market leader’s already-established portfolio of relationships with sports organisations and individuals.

Through this partnership, Rexona, Sure and Degree will be providing fans around the world with weekly content and immersive experiences that deliver on Rexona’s purpose to encourage people to move more. Branding will also appear at the Etihad Stadium throughout the season.

Damian Willoughby, Senior Vice President of Partnership at City Football Group, said: “We are delighted to announce this new partnership with Rexona and look forward to harnessing the huge followings of the Rexona, Sure and Degree brands to engage with City fans around the world.

“Like Manchester City, Rexona has over 100 years of experience as well as a great pedigree of working with sports organisations and athletes throughout its history. We are excited to welcome these brands to the City family and look forward to working with them over the coming seasons.”

Joanna Allen, Global Brand Vice President, Rexona: “We’re excited to announce this new partnership with the champions, Manchester City. The team’s international appeal gives us a fantastic platform to reach Rexona’s global target audience.

"The club’s success and attractive style of football gives us the perfect platform to deliver our brand purpose, encouraging people to move more, to live more, making every moment matter.

“Equally with the growth of the MLS in recent years, our US brand, Degree, are delighted to be partnering with New York City Football Club in what will provide an excellent base for community outreach and activity.”
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:48 pm

"Like Manchester City, Rexona has over 100 years of experience as well as a great pedigree of working with sports organisations and athletes throughout its history" - now that is clutching at corporate-speak straws!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:18 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:"Like Manchester City, Rexona has over 100 years of experience as well as a great pedigree of working with sports organisations and athletes throughout its history" - now that is clutching at corporate-speak straws!

rexona sounds like a fly spray.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby patrickblue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:58 am

john@staustell wrote:Sure thing! Nice to have some sponsors in UK and US not the far east for a change:

https://www.mancity.com/news/club-news/ ... artnership

Premier League champions Manchester City today announced a global multi-year partnership with Rexona to become the Club’s Official Personal Care Partner.

Rexona, which operates as Sure in the United Kingdom and Degree in the United States, will also partner with City’s sister club New York City FC.

Rexona was founded in Australia in 1908 and is now the world’s leading anti-perspirant brand, having joined the Unilever family in the 1930s. This new partnership builds on the market leader’s already-established portfolio of relationships with sports organisations and individuals.

Through this partnership, Rexona, Sure and Degree will be providing fans around the world with weekly content and immersive experiences that deliver on Rexona’s purpose to encourage people to move more. Branding will also appear at the Etihad Stadium throughout the season.

Damian Willoughby, Senior Vice President of Partnership at City Football Group, said: “We are delighted to announce this new partnership with Rexona and look forward to harnessing the huge followings of the Rexona, Sure and Degree brands to engage with City fans around the world.

“Like Manchester City, Rexona has over 100 years of experience as well as a great pedigree of working with sports organisations and athletes throughout its history. We are excited to welcome these brands to the City family and look forward to working with them over the coming seasons.”

Joanna Allen, Global Brand Vice President, Rexona: “We’re excited to announce this new partnership with the champions, Manchester City. The team’s international appeal gives us a fantastic platform to reach Rexona’s global target audience.

"The club’s success and attractive style of football gives us the perfect platform to deliver our brand purpose, encouraging people to move more, to live more, making every moment matter.

“Equally with the growth of the MLS in recent years, our US brand, Degree, are delighted to be partnering with New York City Football Club in what will provide an excellent base for community outreach and activity.”

Shame we didn't sign them up a few years back!
They could have done wonders with Yaya.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Not related to us, but I came across this yesterday: https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2018/2/ ... isney-film

No more news about it since February, from what I can see, but I imagine if it gets off the ground it'll secure a whole new generation of fans for them across the globe...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:22 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:Not related to us, but I came across this yesterday: https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2018/2/ ... isney-film

No more news about it since February, from what I can see, but I imagine if it gets off the ground it'll secure a whole new generation of fans for them across the globe...

Didn't the Rags beat them to it, years ago.
Shrek 1, 2 & 3 ????
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:46 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:"Like Manchester City, Rexona has over 100 years of experience as well as a great pedigree of working with sports organisations and athletes throughout its history" - now that is clutching at corporate-speak straws!

Or a dog worming treatment.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dipstick » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:09 pm

Reports that Emirates are in talks to take over Etihad Airways. Probably not good news for us as we may lose our main sponsor, though perhaps not as catastrophic as it would have been a few years ago. Presumably the combined company would have to honour existing contracts but doubt that they would want stadium naming rights given that there is already an existing Emirates Stadium (which I had a nice trip to in August).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-20/emirates-said-to-be-exploring-etihad-deal-to-forge-no-1-airline

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-09-21/emirates-etihad-potential-merger-has-many-stumbling-blocks?srnd=premium-europe
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:59 am

Here we are again. After a period of, I admit, neglect due to repeat business, busy at work, busy at home and general apathy. back with an oficial data storage partner. I must confess it's an imaginative new title:

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2018 ... programme/

November 26 – Manchester City, generally a first-mover wherever digital touches football, has signed a global multi-year partnership with Acronis, who will become the club’s Official Data Backup and Storage Partner.

Acronis will work with the club to develop its data storage capabilities. No value was given for the partnership.

As part of the agreement, Manchester City will work with the Acronis Foundation globally. The foundation provides “equitable education” around the world through building schools in developing countries.

Damian Willoughby, senior vice president of partnerships at City Football Group, said: “A football club like Manchester City has a huge volume of data – covering everything from our players and fans to the day to day operation of our business – and we are excited to leverage Acronis’ expertise to enhance our data storage and backup functions. Acronis shares City’s passion for innovation and utilising the latest technologies and we look forward to working with them as our partnership progresses.”

Acronis was founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008. It provides hybrid cloud storage and enterprise file sync and share solutions, as well as use of AI technology. It works with 5 million consumers and over 500,000 businesses in 145 countries.

John Zanni, president of Acronis, said: “At the highest level of competition, data is a critical asset. Acronis’ technology is perfectly suited for high-pressure, digitally intensive environment. We are proud to partner with this great club and look forward to our joint projects in the future. We are confident this partnership will benefit Manchester City, Acronis, and all our partners and customers.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:04 pm

john@staustell wrote:Here we are again. After a period of, I admit, neglect due to repeat business, busy at work, busy at home and general apathy. back with an oficial data storage partner. I must confess it's an imaginative new title:

November 26 – Manchester City, generally a first-mover wherever digital touches football, has signed a global multi-year partnership with Acronis, who will become the club’s Official Data Backup and Storage Partner.

Acronis will work with the club to develop its data storage capabilities. No value was given for the partnership.

As part of the agreement, Manchester City will work with the Acronis Foundation globally. The foundation provides “equitable education” around the world through building schools in developing countries.

Damian Willoughby, senior vice president of partnerships at City Football Group, said: “A football club like Manchester City has a huge volume of data – covering everything from our players and fans to the day to day operation of our business – and we are excited to leverage Acronis’ expertise to enhance our data storage and backup functions. Acronis shares City’s passion for innovation and utilising the latest technologies and we look forward to working with them as our partnership progresses.”

Acronis was founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008. It provides hybrid cloud storage and enterprise file sync and share solutions, as well as use of AI technology. It works with 5 million consumers and over 500,000 businesses in 145 countries.

John Zanni, president of Acronis, said: “At the highest level of competition, data is a critical asset. Acronis’ technology is perfectly suited for high-pressure, digitally intensive environment. We are proud to partner with this great club and look forward to our joint projects in the future. We are confident this partnership will benefit Manchester City, Acronis, and all our partners and customers.”

switzerland is the donkey sanctury of the it world
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:15 pm

john@staustell wrote:Here we are again. After a period of, I admit, neglect due to repeat business, busy at work, busy at home and general apathy. back with an oficial data storage partner. I must confess it's an imaginative new title:

Are they Portuguese John proof?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:04 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Sounds like a drug you'd see advertised on tv here in America with 30 seconds of side effects listed at the end of the ad.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:51 am

Power Horse. No Caribau for us:

https://www.mancity.com/news/club-news/ ... nouncement

Manchester City today announced a multi-year partnership with Power Horse to become the Club’s Official Energy Drink Partner.

The partnership will cover multiple countries across Africa and the Middle East as well as Turkey.

To celebrate this partnership, Power Horse will launch co-branded Manchester City cans from early 2019 which will feature the City crest.

Power Horse is famous for its black stallion logo that symbolises the brand’s values of strength, power and energy. Its products include The Original, Red Rush, Energy Malt and a Zero Sugar option.

Damian Willoughby, Senior Vice President of Partnership at City Football Group, said: “Power Horse is an exciting brand and we are delighted to announce this partnership with Manchester City.

"City has a huge number of passionate fans across Africa and the Middle East who we know will love the co-branded cans when they launch next year.

"This will be a great way to kick off our partnership and we look forward to working together over the coming seasons.”

Salvatore Caizzone, CEO and Shareholders Committee Member at the Power Horse Company, commented: “We are truly excited to partner with such an amazing team like Manchester City.
"In football as well as in business, success and winning are very important. To win you need to be tenacious, focused, work as a team and get every single ounce of energy from yourself and others.

"Power Horse’s purpose is to help people feel on top of their world. Our vision is a world where ordinary people can be at their best, hence unstoppable in pursuing their dreams.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:24 am

is there a rule in the energy drinks sector that you have to give your product the shittest possible name?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum