The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years on

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years

Postby salford city » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:15 am

Just reading the Beeb's take on this. Premiership clubs dominate richest in the world. Admittedly; it does show a pic of KDB but would the headline have read differently if one of the two red shite's had topped the list? Answers on a postcard to the address at the foot of your screen. YOU BITTER CNUTS :D
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:34 am

salford city wrote:Just reading the Beeb's take on this. Premiership clubs dominate richest in the world. Admittedly; it does show a pic of KDB but would the headline have read differently if one of the two red shite's had topped the list? Answers on a postcard to the address at the foot of your screen. YOU BITTER CNUTS :D

When you click into the story it’s a pic of Salah as well
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:39 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:Just reading the Beeb's take on this. Premiership clubs dominate richest in the world. Admittedly; it does show a pic of KDB but would the headline have read differently if one of the two red shite's had topped the list? Answers on a postcard to the address at the foot of your screen. YOU BITTER CNUTS :D

When you click into the story it’s a pic of Salah as well

Quelle fucking surprise!! Wonder how much the beeb are getting directly never mind indirectly for pushing the double red shite agendas. They must have to review every article that shows us in a positive light and have someone spin it - fucking love it
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:01 am

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:04 pm

I wonder if the club realise we’re still a working class fan base? Carling Cup games on a weeknight we’re barely filling. Why extend it to give other fans more of a stick to beat us with? Build all the lovely stuff outside it, but we’re not ready for a 60k seater stadium yet.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:40 pm

Mase wrote:I wonder if the club realise we’re still a working class fan base? Carling Cup games on a weeknight we’re barely filling. Why extend it to give other fans more of a stick to beat us with? Build all the lovely stuff outside it, but we’re not ready for a 60k seater stadium yet.

need to address all of that through ticket prices
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:51 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:I wonder if the club realise we’re still a working class fan base? Carling Cup games on a weeknight we’re barely filling. Why extend it to give other fans more of a stick to beat us with? Build all the lovely stuff outside it, but we’re not ready for a 60k seater stadium yet.

To be fair, they were giving CC tickets away for hardly anything the other year and we still struggled. I’m sure it ended up being a 2-4-1 on tickets. Schools got a bunch of them for free.

I think we’re another 10-15 years off needing a stadium of that size.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:29 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

To be fair, they were giving CC tickets away for hardly anything the other year and we still struggled. I’m sure it ended up being a 2-4-1 on tickets. Schools got a bunch of them for free.

They'll try and pad it out with tourists. A museum and a hotel is not intended for local season ticket holders, is it.

Stadium and trophy room tour, club shop to drop £700 on a DSquared puffer jacket, fanzone games, enjoy a pre-match audio recording of Blue Moon, film KDB taking a corner, stare at a man doing the Poznan on his own, celebrate our 8-0 win with 80 selfies, head to the City Square Juice Bar, then spend the night in the Kinky Suite.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:39 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

They'll try and pad it out with tourists. A museum and a hotel is not intended for local season ticket holders, is it.

Stadium and trophy room tour, club shop to drop £700 on a DSquared puffer jacket, fanzone games, enjoy a pre-match audio recording of Blue Moon, film KDB taking a corner, stare at a man doing the Poznan on his own, celebrate our 8-0 win with 80 selfies, head to the City Square Juice Bar, then spend the night in the Kinky Suite.

If it possible, i will definitely get four season tickets. You will not believe the number of times i am asked to get tickets for the matches and it makes perfect sense to stay in a hotel next to the Stadium , Why not ? Btw there are enough City expats in the CH club always wanting a trip back home to a game. Which is currently becoming more and more difficult. Also Hospitality prices are just a joke . Of course there are many people from other countries wanting to see City, Success breeds popularity. If locals can't be arsed to go and see City , don't blame City for wanting to fill the stadium. Season tickets are cheaper than the Fags people smoke per year.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:49 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

If it possible, i will definitely get four season tickets. You will not believe the number of times i am asked to get tickets for the matches and it makes perfect sense to stay in a hotel next to the Stadium , Why not ? Btw there are enough City expats in the CH club always wanting a trip back home to a game. Which is currently becoming more and more difficult. Also Hospitality prices are just a joke . Of course there are many people from other countries wanting to see City, Success breeds popularity. If locals can't be arsed to go and see City , don't blame City for wanting to fill the stadium. Season tickets are cheaper than the Fags people smoke per year.

Spot on !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:51 pm

You making an appearance at a game?
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:15 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

We will fill 60000 for virtually all PL games. Easily. And the CL most likely. Domestic cups not so much. But they are not why the stadium would be expanded.

I'd actually suggest adding a further tier or increasing the existing third tier on the east stand. Maybe upping the capacity to 70000 or so. Think big. It wouldn't necessarily be filled every PL game, maybe half of them, but it sends the message of a big club mentality.

Build it and they will come
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:24 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:You making an appearance at a game?

If you mean me DHTP, well, tomorrow , yes I will be at the Allianz arena. Also at Webbbbbley on Saturday.

Although i must admit, i have a very heavy work schedule , since 2020.
Actually it does make it hard to get to games.
I would like to see more live games though and i can't wait for the Stadium expansion to be complete.
Our owners are very classy and astute Business people. The Etihad complex becomes an all year round events complex. Brilliant.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:01 pm

This just popped on my FB memories something i posted 8 years ago today, ironic that the club officially announce more investment

https://www.sport.co.uk/football/owner- ... b5Agt8p.97

They will get bored and leave they said, remind me, what clubs are being whored out the highest bidder??
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:04 pm

zuricity wrote:

If you mean me DHTP, well, tomorrow , yes I will be at the Allianz arena. Also at Webbbbbley on Saturday.

I would like to see more live games though and i can't wait for the Stadium expansion to be complete.
Our owners are very classy and astute Business people. The Etihad complex becomes an all year round events complex. Brilliant.

I meant Carl, obv. Because if he does swing by, he's likely to think that the atmosphere is a bit shit and that the stadium is full of tourists/day trippers/hospitality guests who do nothing to make it less shit. 7,000 more seats will not make the atmoshere better, even if we do have a DJ and a laser show before kick off.

See you at Wembley, Zuri. Weather might be bobbins but should be a laugh.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:50 pm

zuricity wrote:

I meant Carl, obv. Because if he does swing by, he's likely to think that the atmosphere is a bit shit and that the stadium is full of tourists/day trippers/hospitality guests who do nothing to make it less shit. 7,000 more seats will not make the atmoshere better, even if we do have a DJ and a laser show before kick off.

See you at Wembley, Zuri. Weather might be bobbins but should be a laugh.

Yep, i'll be the one with the Cow Bell hanging around my neck.
Tomorrow, i'll be recognisable wearing my Schwarzwald Cuckoo clock hat, complete with lederhosen.

Oh and btw , Bloody betting on Yaya , Carl still hasn't stumped up the two beers,
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum