Post Match comments Welsh runts V Man City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Post Match comments Welsh runts V Man City

Postby PeterParker » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Just a PS of my previous post.

City looked gash after Navas was out. That should ask a thew questions, even if he wasen”t stellar today.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:37 pm

ruralblue wrote:Pantsman should start next week. Poor guy must be watching Hart thinking 'what the fuck am I doing playing second fiddle to this?'.

Hart got too cocky to soon and needs bringing down a peg or two. A couple games benched might do him the world of good.

Know I shouldn't take it personally but I am really starting to dislike him. His cocky face just screams punch me.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:37 pm

I really don't know who was good enough to give them pass . How they play pihhhhhhhhhhhh
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:38 pm

PeterParker wrote:Just a PS of my previous post.

City looked gash after Navas was out. That should ask a thew questions, even if he wasen”t stellar today.

Think he was subbed due to injury not tactics.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Hazy2 wrote:My worry is the scum will feed of this, we need to have an harder edge from the manager if you play shit you are gonna pay for it. No room for another defeat, if the scum draw Monday we have to make that pay. Worrying performance though.

Was nearly a rags performance today. Play average, opposition miss a couple of good chances and out of the blue score a goal.
Difference is when they go 1-0 up the opposition rarely get back into the game. We let Cardiff waltz right back into this one.
Bridge'srightfoot

Supporter of: City

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:46 pm

HART
Needs dropping for 5 matches to get this head back in the game. The guy has the talent but he's so lazy at the moment it's criminal. He needs to relearn how to catch the ball. He doesn't even get his body behind the ball on shots so any fumbled and its going in the back of the net. That effort he made on the corner was comical.

DEFENCE
CLICHY Normally full of running but he didn't look fast or interested. LESCOTT was our best defender but looks so shaky when he has to be the leader of the back four. GARCIA can't complain too much. He's out position and useless as a midfielder let alone a centre back. ZABALETA I love the guy but he was awful today. Why he was told to mark a man a foot taller than him on corners was a terrible decision.

MIDFIELD
we have no midfielders who want to tackle anymore. YAYA let everything past him as he doesn't want to track back. FERANDINHO was everywhere and had no real discipline. Let runners go past. NAVAS kept cutting inside narrowing the play and making it too easy for Cardiff. His crosses were way overhit. SILVA. Tidy passing up till the final third then he panics and just gives it away to the centre back trying an impossible pass to Aguero time and time again.

Cardiff went through the middle of our midfield so easy. I fear for this against arsenal spurs united and Chelsea. We are too open with those 4 players. and we should play with more steal in the middle. It's all guesswork but I would like to think Cardiffs first goal would have been easily cut out by Barry or De Jong in previous years. We should play Milner and Barry more and get out wide players to double up with our full backs in most games. At the moment defence and midfield are two separate units.

ATTACK
Aguero was way too selfish. Only trying to pass when he was cut off. He did this a lot last season and it needs to stop. DZEKO. does his thing. If you accept he is there to put the ball in the back of the net like Goater then he's doing his job. NEGREDO looked sharp and I would like to see him start ahead of Aguero on Saturday.

For the majority of the week we need to practice corners over and over again and look to introduce so more tackling to our midfield.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Twobob » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Zabba had a poor game from set pieces, Lescott is at the age and experience where he should have made sure he was marking Campbell no matter what the 'plan' was - however he's too spineless and is happy to take orders but feckless when it comes to taking control of the defence - we need someone who can do that when VC isn't on the pitch and we don't have it.

Hart continues his downward spiral for us and also for England - is it a disease English keepers get? If he doesn't get his head sorted out he'll be at Blackburn.

Garcia, poor in midfield - disaster in defence.

Its the second game of the season, Pellers will learn more from this defeat than from 5 wins, the test will be how he manages this and how he takes the lesson.

Agree that Panti deserves his chance, he should not have lost out his place in the FA Cup final and should be able to step up to the mark and prove he's better.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:56 pm

I wasn't convinced with Ferni's performance in the first match but that went unnoticed due the good result. He might be a good player but needs to be eased in to get used to the English game. Barry or Milner would have been the better choice today.
Kolarov for Clichy (this is a repeat from another post). Kola is not as bad a defender as some make him out to be and at least he offers something going forward and in taking free kicks (of which we didn't get many today !!). We might as well have played with 3 at the back today.
The substitutions were all wrong today. Milner should have been on at the start of the 2nd half for Ferni. Nasri for Jesus didn't make any sense and even less Dzeko being subbed instead of Aguero.
I suppose Nasty will be back for Hull but I think Boyata could not possibly be worse than Garcia, so he should start against Hull if Nasty is not ready.
Panti in for Hart for next few matches goes without saying !
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Aguero is a greedy cunt. Period. Classy player but needs to learn to fucking pass the ball from time to time. At the end. If he'd have squared it to Nasri he had a free shot from 7 yards. Instead he goes for it on his weaker left foot, going away from goal whilst being chased down by three defenders.

Navas didn't stick out wide anywhere near enough.
Hart should be dropped. Now.

Agree with all of that, especially about kun.
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Twobob wrote:Zabba had a poor game from set pieces, Lescott is at the age and experience where he should have made sure he was marking Campbell no matter what the 'plan' was - however he's too spineless and is happy to take orders but feckless when it comes to taking control of the defence

I've read some mindless fucking unfair shite over the years re Lescott, but that reaches new standards of utter fucking garbage.

He is told to mark a man, but if he does so, he is spineless because he should know in advance, that the bloke he has been told to mark is not the bloke who the ball will be coming to, so he should leave his man & go mark the player someone else is marking, thus leaving somebody else to pick up his man .

What absolute, incredible, shite.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Breks » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:12 pm

Lets not got carried away, the rags lost there 1st game last season and they won the league. This can happen to the big teams early on but we have 36 games left. Hart should be dropped because he has been making too many costly mistakes for too long. We will comeback and we will be challenging for the title. We have a fantastic squad. I'm gutted but I'm not getting carried away, I've been watching football too long to get carried away over 1 defeat.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:15 pm

What to do with Joe? He looks low on confidence and his distribution is just laughable for a player at this level.I was all for sticking with him but questions have been asked for a while now and hes just not performing anywhere near the standard he is capable of.If he was a forward struggling for form and fluffing chances he would have been dropped by now.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Breks wrote:Lets not got carried away, the rags lost there 1st game last season and they won the league. This can happen to the big teams early on but we have 36 games left. Hart should be dropped because he has been making too many costly mistakes for too long. We will comeback and we will be challenging for the title. We have a fantastic squad. I'm gutted but I'm not getting carried away, I've been watching football too long to get carried away over 1 defeat.

Let's not get carried away but drop the keeper seems a bit contradictory to me.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Kolarov for Clichy

hahaha, lets not let the old knee jerk turn into absolute nobsense...
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby Twobob » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Twobob wrote:Zabba had a poor game from set pieces, Lescott is at the age and experience where he should have made sure he was marking Campbell no matter what the 'plan' was - however he's too spineless and is happy to take orders but feckless when it comes to taking control of the defence

I've read some mindless fucking unfair shite over the years re Lescott, but that reaches new standards of utter fucking garbage.

He is told to mark a man, but if he does so, he is spineless because he should know in advance, that the bloke he has been told to mark is not the bloke who the ball will be coming to, so he should leave his man & go mark the player someone else is marking, thus leaving somebody else to pick up his man .

What absolute, incredible, shite.

I learnt from you, it takes a leader on the pitch to realise when things aren't working, take control of it and make it right and he isn't one - shall I spell it out to you in a language you find it easier or do you think you can cope going forward?

When the goal(s) go in his head drops and he reverts back to what he's been told to do.

When VC is there its fine, he looks good and can defend, without a leader next to him he's poor - he should be able to take hold of the game at the back at his age and experience but plays like he's still 21.

EDIT - to add - first time OK, It happened fucking twice...
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:44 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:Kolarov for Clichy

hahaha, lets not let the old knee jerk turn into absolute nobsense...

I guess you're happy with the way he defended against the first goal ? And going forward, all he does is get the ball and pass it back to Nasri or Silva. Not even one cross into the penalty area !! Kolarov for me any day.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:49 pm

The Scum and Chelski will not lose at this ground

Cardiff are a poor side and will not play better all season.

Bad substitution for me taking Navas off when they would have had to push for a goal.

Big test and failed.

Yaya is lazy and it shows away from home , Rodwell for me.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
He was average, but no moreso than any of the others. Imo, Barry behind those two & no Aguero would have made City a stronger team today.

Tru dat homie. It is so obvious. I mean why do these managers with these options make the heaviest weather of selecting the basic side that can mandhandle the match and win it?

If the count believed his own bullshit enough to start garcia at CB then we are going to be in for a long season and he will be sacked by xmas with us in 8th unless he gets his act together. Shocking taking Navas off as well. Stupid decision I felt.

The bullshit we saw today prollee would have worked in spain. Not here. Not now.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby michaelcityfan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Hardworking team ten behind the ball the usual inability to break them down. Then ludicrous defending of corners again just like last UNSUCCESSFUL season.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Hmmm always fun to read reactions and over reactions.Sadly so much truth in what's been said.

Joe will play the next game cos Pellegrini says he has faith in him.Hopefully though he will have marked his card seriously as you just cannot afford mistakes like for that second goal.

It seems we are back to man marking at set pieces rather than zonal.Not sure about that but let's just hope today was teething troubles as we change back.Painful lesson for sure.

I thought we would see more pressing of the ball.There were a few decent examples but that first goal was all about non pressing and maybe believing we had one the game once we went one up.It seemed to me we had plenty around the ball but some how they all stood and watched the guy wonder what to do and then run past Clichy to get his dangerous cross in.So sloppy I couldn't believe it.

Zaba had a mare has to be right as for each goal the man he had to mark either scored or nearly scored.That's really bad and although others could have done better (Joe especially for the 2nd)

Clichy very average.
Garcia just isnt up to it
Lescott I though played well as a defender ( I would say that wouldn't I Carl but so did the pundits)
Yaya very poor
Fernand ok but nowt special
Silva I though played well but I really wish he could shoot
Navas average to poor
Dzeko pretty weak but a great goal
Aguero weak all game and looked for the spectacular too much
Negredo I like him and took his goal superbly

Pellegrini will have learned a lot from this and I am sure won't panic.He will leave that to the fans but he must have worries about the goals we have conceded in all games since he came.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum