Fernandinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernandinho

Postby MilnersJaw » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:58 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
I would never have guessed your a felinologist.Where did you study?

I taught myself everything. Have you seen my jawline? That is a degree itself.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:54 pm

Rag_hater wrote:

I'm not an expert on anything.

No shit.

Certainly not wumming.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
I doubt you are an expert on tying your own fucking shoelaces.

he's showing classic signs of repressed homosexuality
dub, secretly he just wants to suck your knob
rag_hater = cock_lover
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:51 am

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
I thought being a patient of Dr.A Guinness and Dr.J Jameson was gonna cure you,but it seems not.

There's that fixation with drink again. It appears throughout the thread.

Have you a problem with drink or did you used to have? I honestly don't mean that as a way to get at you because obviously alcoholism has huge effects on people's lives.

In fact if this is the case, I'll leave you be, because it would help explain a lot

what's gotten into you?

viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:49 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
what's gotten into you?

Your wife's finger
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:08 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

rag_hater = cock_lover

Another member of dubs gang :

Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
what's gotten into you?

Your wife's finger

Excellente.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Herb » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:04 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

rag_hater = cock_lover

Not so. I'm onboard with this and Herb don't herd so it's logic doing the damage . . just the obvious going on is all.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Original Dub » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Herb wrote:
Not so. I'm onboard with this and Herb don't herd so it's logic doing the damage . . just the obvious going on is all.

Herb don't herd.

I like it
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:07 pm

Herb wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

rag_hater = cock_lover

Ok,I suppose if you are gonna try and creep your way back in the circle you have to start somewhere.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:18 pm

So, what did we all think of Fernandinho playing a deeper role in Europe? I think it worked quite well don't you?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:29 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:So, what did we all think of Fernandinho playing a deeper role in Europe? I think it worked quite well don't you?

I don't why I read that like I was Geoffrey Hayes from Rainbow...

Anyway, far better like that, but only if we are intent on bombarding the opposition and keeping them on the back foot. He is no holding mid, that's for sure.

It worked well because the attack began to click and push them back in the second half. I wouldn't try it away to Chelsea for instance.

Would you girls and boys?
Original Dub

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:So, what did we all think of Fernandinho playing a deeper role in Europe? I think it worked quite well don't you?

Did okay, nothing special, nothing to get excited by.
As other have mentioned, we've had recent players (Barry, De Jong) who can play that deeper role far more effectively than Ferdy.
The other team was fairly shit which gave Yaya the freedom to get forward without a recognised holding player but it won't work against a good team.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Well boys and girls, do we think that Fernandinho might play this role when he gets used to the pace of the Premier League?

What do you think Original Bungle?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:47 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Well boys and girls, do we think that Fernandinho might play this role when he gets used to the pace of the Premier League?

Oh he was good Geoffrey.

But all it needs is for him to miss one tackle/interception, or for one extra player from the oppo to make a run, leaving him with two, & it's England v Germany (or City v Dortmund/Arsenal at home last season) with players in posession running straight at our centre backs.

Also, imo he is a miles better footballer then Barry or DeJong & one of his main attributes is running forward with the ball; why sign him to have him not doing anything he's particularly good at ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby kennyboy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Iam not sure what he actually does.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Well boys and girls, do we think that Fernandinho might play this role when he gets used to the pace of the Premier League?

Oh he was good Geoffrey.

But all it needs is for him to miss one tackle/interception, or for one extra player from the oppo to make a run, leaving him with two, & it's England v Germany (or City v Dortmund/Arsenal at home last season) with players in posession running straight at our centre backs.

Also, imo he is a miles better footballer then Barry or DeJong & one of his main attributes is running forward with the ball; why sign him to have him not doing anything he's particularly good at ?

I agree Sooty.

Do you think what Pellegrini is trying to implement is a scenario where Yaya and Ferna both play as box to box midfielders in the future ie no one solely responsible for playing deep?

The only reason I ask is because this is what Pellegrini's teams have done in the past. I found it interesting that Fernandinho played deeper of the two in Europe and don't believe it was just because of who the opposition were. I feel he doesn't feel comfortable at the minute not having one at least holding and because of Yaya's knowledge of the English game he is the one being tasked with this currently.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby MilnersJaw » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Any one figured what he does yet
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby branny » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Its early days but he's not George Weah's cousin is he?
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:32 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Oh he was good Geoffrey.

I agree Sooty.

Do you think what Pellegrini is trying to implement is a scenario where Yaya and Ferna both play as box to box midfielders in the future ie no one solely responsible for playing deep?

The only reason I ask is because this is what Pellegrini's teams have done in the past. I found it interesting that Fernandinho played deeper of the two in Europe and don't believe it was just because of who the opposition were. I feel he doesn't feel comfortable at the minute not having one at least holding and because of Yaya's knowledge of the English game he is the one being tasked with this currently.

I think you are right but I am concerned that neither is the right bloke to be half of what is effectively a two man midfield.

Both are great players but they are not defensively sound. They can both win a ball but they are not on the same planet defensively as proper alround centre mids of the past like Bell or Ke**e or Brian R***on. There are only two ways it can possibly work with those two together imo; either the whole team starts defending like Barca (which I believe is the desired plan) or we stick another man behind them to sweep up what they miss.

Rodwell would be ideal for that job if he gets his shit together, but he was a waste of fucking time v Stoke & no better defensively than Yaya or Fernandinho.

Well I suppose a 3rd option is lighning quick centre backs who can come out into deep midfield and intercept the ball. But that would man sacking all the ones we have.

But in the long run, as has been discussed elsewhere, I recon the Barca style defensive system is the one they will go for.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum